Transgender Sues CrossFit After Competition Ban.

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

@Master_Live said:
  1. Good thing you didn't quoted me since that isn't a scientific paper, let alone a pier reviewed one.
  2. You could summarize that article like this:

"They found significant differences between male and female brains in four regions of white matter – and the female-to-male transsexual people had white matter in these regions that resembled a male brain".

And then:

"Guillamon isn't sure whether the four regions are at all associated with notions of gender, but Ivanka Savic-Berglund at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden, thinks they might be".

And that is that.

No talk about the genetic "screw up". Lets try again.

Too lazy to go through peer reviewed stuff, it's no one's job to educate you but yourself but it just seems like you are being purposely difficult, as usual.

Define "screw up" for me please, because GID is exactly what Smokescreened said.

I believe he is referencing this statement: "For those who are trans* those genes screw up and have them born with the wrong physical sex that doesn't match their internal gender."

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#102 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@lostrib: But... that's what GID is unless I'm missing something here?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

Gender Identity Disorder is the diagnosis for someone who does not identify with the gender they were "assigned" at birth. I think he's looking for research on what specific genetic problems occur that result in GID, and how exactly those genes "screw up." Basically what is the genetic connection that results in someone being born with a physical sex that does not match their internal gender

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Aljosa23 said:

Gender Identity Disorder is the diagnosis for someone who does not identify with the gender they were "assigned" at birth. I think he's looking for research on what specific genetic problems occur that result in GID, and how exactly those genes "screw up." Basically what is the genetic connection that results in someone being born with a physical sex that does not match their internal gender

Oh.

Well in that case I do not think there is a definitive answer. The common theory is that it occurs because of chromosomal abnormalities or some kind of hormone imbalance during pregnancy. How or why it occurs I have no idea.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#105  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Which of course is a trick question since that question hasn't been conclusively answered yet by scientists.