Topics for gaming podcast

This topic is locked from further discussion.

osai789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 osai789
Member since 2010 • 27 Posts

Im trying to create a gaming podcast. I have a decent microphone and I am using Audacity to edit the podcast. What are some good topics I can talk about in my podcast?

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Talk about gaming news, what games your playing and your thoughts on the games, and have a soda pop drinking contest every episode.

; )

osai789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 osai789

Thanks, What is a good mic for the pod cast because I am using the mic on my PX4s and i will need something better in the future

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Behardy24

@osai789: I have no perspective in what microphones you should use. I would suggested looking through Google for your best answer there.

Here's a tip that most starter up podcaster sometimes forgot or ignore: Make sure to edit your podcast after done recording. Editing your podcast will make the quality of it so much better and more professional. Use Garage Band or other sound editing software to edit background and possible white noises on your podcast. Sound editing and the software you use will mostly likely be complex, so I would say test the waters of the software and see what you could do with it. Don't dive in head first by making your podcast the first thing you edit. You will mostly mess it up if you don't already know what your doing or worse, delete the entire podcast by accident.

Download some free sound demos online and use them to test out your editing tool. I would give it two weeks or more just so you can get a feel for the system.

Hope this help and Good Luck!

osai789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 osai789

I use audacity to edit my podcast. It is simple to add music and edit my podcast thereGo watch it now, I know the my voice is really low. I want you to see how it is and what I need to do for the next podcast. If you liked it, tell your friends. I just uploaded it, so don't be surprised if its still processing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmREkxtTHXk&feature=youtu.be

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@osai789 said:

Thanks, What is a good mic for the pod cast because I am using the mic on my PX4s and i will need something better in the future

http://www.amazon.ca/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=snowball+blue+microphone&tag=googcana-20&index=aps&hvadid=35761185226&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9163999035585387714&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_2wlyvy1e7e_b

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Behardy24

@osai789: I listened to parts of it, your voice is extremely low. I tuned up my headphones to around 75 and I still couldn't hear you clearly. My tip for this is that if your working on Windows, right click on the sound icon in the bottom right hand corner. Then click "Recording devices". After that, a small menu should pop up and you should click on the "Recording" Tab at the top. From there, double click on the microphone and head to the "Levels" tap. Now you can increase your microphone as much as you want to. (Click on the Listen Tab to listen to yourself, I would suggested doing this) If you feel your not loud enough, turn it up on the microphone boost, BUT BE WARNED, it will most likely increase the white static noise a lot.

Hope this helped!