Tom Cruise LOSES HIS MIND over Covid protocol violations.

YukoAsho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 YukoAsho
Member since 2004 • 3737 Posts

Mission Impossible 7 is currently filming, which seems a bit risky, but it seems Tom and the crew are serious about safety. Case in point, here he is after spotting a violation of COVID protocols among members of his crew.

He's definitely got his heart in the right place, but I have to wonder if making his crew shit themselves was the right idea. So what do you guys think? Appropriate? Or should he maybe have toned it down slightly?

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

The number of people not adhering to health protocols and a few simple rules is disappointingly high. Considering he went through shit to allow production for his movie (in which he has probably invested financially), I say his tantrum is all but justified.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58929 Posts

Ignoring the weird space alien cult thing, good on him.

ccthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 ccthor
Member since 2020 • 3 Posts

He sholud angry.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

He doesn't mention face masks once. For all I know he could be raging about a sound man eating a banana.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4365 Posts

i would do the same dam thing. if i was in his shoes.

NukleaWorfair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#7 NukleaWorfair
Member since 2009 • 475 Posts

I shop at a local supermarket here in the UK every weekend, and they sell clothes.

There are signs specifically stating "Please do not try on clothing and footwear" or something, because of government guidlines.

Everytime I've gone in there, I've seen people trying on sweaters in the middle of an aisle.

Last time someone was actually caught doing it and had the audacity to argue with the staff.

I don't know if its a British thing, but everyones good lining up 2 meters away from each other to get into the store, but once they're in the store protocol goes out the window.

Wearing masks was the worst decision IMO, before the wearing of masks people actually stayed 2 meters away from each other and COVID was dissapearing. Now there are spikes everywhere.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1342 Posts

A guy that drinks the kool aid at Scientology meetings, doesn’t surprise me that he drinks the governments kool aid that 6 feet and masks of any material with no specs or standards will prevent the spread. These restrictions imposed are ridiculous... you can’t get covid at 6’1 but will at 5’9?

YukoAsho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#9 YukoAsho
Member since 2004 • 3737 Posts

@ratchetclank92: Really? So I take it you're not one for any safety precautions? Cool.

@sancho_panzer: To be fair, it's pretty easy to tell what he's talking about when he talks about people losing their homes.

@johnd13: Yeah, it's been a pain in the ass to see people completely unwilling to do even the most basic of things to help people keep from getting sick. I think it's why some people are happy to see someone getting ripped into for this nonsense. One group of people is clearly getting tired of the other group of people jeopardizing their livelihoods because "muh freedumb."

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

I like what he did.

Loading Video...

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

The dude is so full of himself, nutjob. From what I read it was from people being too close to each other looking at a screen. If that were the case, he should have toned it down. A quick and loud statement is enough to get your point across, not a pretentious rant. I'm biased though, I can't stand Cruise...at all.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Little guys usually have that Napoleon complex.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Not going to complain about this. Maybe if people hear enough we'll get them to listen.

NukleaWorfair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#14 NukleaWorfair
Member since 2009 • 475 Posts

@SOedipus:

Tom Cruise is nuts, no doubt about that. But in a good way. Haha

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

They just released a video of the tantrum as well:

Loading Video...

@johnd13 said:

The number of people not adhering to health protocols and a few simple rules is disappointingly high. Considering he went through shit to allow production for his movie (in which he has probably invested financially), I say his tantrum is all but justified.

Agreed, though I really do hate it when people have hissy-fits.

There are more professional ways to conduct yourself.

But yeah, totally OK with him taking it serious. Someone has to, right?

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2524 Posts

@YukoAsho said:

@sancho_panzer: To be fair, it's pretty easy to tell what he's talking about when he talks about people losing their homes.

It's fun to pretend. Doesn't have to be a banana.

I think the problem is that crew are walking off the production. It's not just the message but how it's delivered, and to me this is a good lesson on how not to do it. It's all well and good screaming about production costs and schedules, but when the end result is people walking off set - crew who then need to be replaced, insured, etc., you've got to ask yourself whether some communication and psych training from someone outside the compound wouldn't be a smart investment.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I'm not a fan of his but it's nice to see someone take leadership for once.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 johnd13

@mrbojangles25 said:

Agreed, though I really do hate it when people have hissy-fits.

There are more professional ways to conduct yourself.

But yeah, totally OK with him taking it serious. Someone has to, right?

I'm all for resolving differences through conversation and in a calm demeanor but some people are not receptive of reason and sound arguments. Either because they disagree (covid deniers), don't care or they're simply light on the head. Those people need a good yelling. :P

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Solaryellow

Is it safe to say Cruise is leading by example (properly distancing himself during the actual filming) or do those standards only apply to peons behind the camera?

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2133 Posts

Is it even a genuine reaction? I mean, the audio is clear but there are no other voices or even sounds, as if Tom is just playing a role in from of a mirror in an empty room or something. This might as well be a PR stunt by scientologists.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Solaryellow
Loading Video...

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 johnd13

@rmpumper said:

Is it even a genuine reaction? I mean, the audio is clear but there are no other voices or even sounds, as if Tom is just playing a role in from of a mirror in an empty room or something. This might as well be a PR stunt by scientologists.

You can hear a faint response ("yes sir") from the crew. Check the 1:54 mark in OP's audio.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

Tom Cruise is lowkey funny - If I can't be reasonable and deal with your logic, you're fired.

In retrospect, I am not much of a fan but he possibly has a good reason to be angry.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

There's not much context here so it's hard to say if this exact reaction was justified, but in principle I agree with everything he said. Many industries are hurting or are shut down and the only way they'll re-open until we have a handle on this pandemic is by taking precautions, and being lax or not following those precautions will result in even worse shutdowns.