To the people that grew up in the 90's here did you watch Snick?

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 6855 Posts

I was just thinking how much I use to love Saturday nights growing up in the 90's because of Snick I would look forward so much to watching it. Shows like Alex Mack, Pete and Pete Ren and Stimpy and my favorite Are you afraid of the dark? ... also did you guys watch any Weird Science on the USA network? I use to love that show too on Saturday nights.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 4524 Posts

I didn't get to see it very often, but enjoyed it when I did. Pete and Pete was wonderfully weird, and I liked Are You Afraid of the Dark a lot too. Wasn't there an SNL but for kids type show? Can't remember the name.

I grew up in the "poor" section of Alex Mac's hometown. Never met her though.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 622 Posts

I remember Are You Afraid of the Dark, that was a great show growing up.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 11391 Posts

I didn't watch Snick much but I soaked up everything else on Nick. Salute My Shorts, Clarissa, Nick Arcade, Doug, Keenan & Kel, Hey Arnold, Nick at Nite, Sanjay and Craig, Real Monsters, Angry Beavers, Harvey Beaks, Welcome to the Wayne, Double Dare, All That

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy

@judaspete: SNL for kids? Maybe you mean All That?

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SOedipus  Online
Member since 2006 • 13061 Posts

I remember Are You Afraid of the Dark and Alex Mack. Never heard of Snick or Weird Science. The only shows I remember watching in the evenings, in the early 90s, were TNG, Cheers and The Simpsons. I think we had antenna, no cable. Mid to late 90s I watched a lot of shit, don't remember what shows played on what days.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 4524 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

@judaspete: SNL for kids? Maybe you mean All That?

Yes, that was it.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 6855 Posts

@judaspete said:

I didn't get to see it very often, but enjoyed it when I did. Pete and Pete was wonderfully weird, and I liked Are You Afraid of the Dark a lot too. Wasn't there an SNL but for kids type show? Can't remember the name.

I grew up in the "poor" section of Alex Mac's hometown. Never met her though.

It sure was remember Artie? lol also something interesting you may know or not the voice actor for Micheal's son Jimmy in GTAV is younger Pete.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#9 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33320 Posts

Yeah, I did often. I was a big Nickelodeon kid growing up. Snick has since been rebranded into TeenNick, which is it's own channel now. Some of the shows still hold up well today, like Kenan & Kel. But then others, not so much, like Clarissa Explains it All.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GirlUSoCrazy

@TAMKFan: What about all those cool Amiga games she played? And secretly having a guy in her room all the time? Haha the theme song 🤣

I can still watch that show. I feel bad for the guy who played the kid, he ended up managing a support group for child actors because of issues he had from that life.

There's a good book too about Nick called "Slimed: An Oral History of Nickelodeon's Golden Age"

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#11 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 1980 Posts

I only watched Snick for Are You Afraid of The Dark, and Secret World of Alex Mack. I know it was aimed for teenagers though it was fun times.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 4426 Posts

I do remember Snick. I remember it being a spinoff to Nickelodeon, they positioned it like prime-time Nickelodeon for a while. I also remember some of the gimmicks they would do and team up with Blockbuster, if I recall correctly. Does anyone remember those scratch n' sniff cards they used to hand out that accommodate the show, and those colored filters you hold during prompted moments in the show. That was all on Snick, right?