Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By multiplat
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

depends on if the owner is a douchbag or not.

my local guy used to be cool until i started using points a lot ( I had accumulated a lot of them ) rather than cash. started giving me a hard time about it, claiming I only pay points now and must be paying cash at other location to get the points etc, etc. eventually stopped accepting my points altogether.

long story short he's out of business and the new owners are cool.

as said, ymmv

this.. been saying ymmv from the start... u have every right to spend ur points (kind of funny tho he thought u were paying cash at other subways). he was a bitch to stress ur point spending, just like the other 400 petition signers are biyatches too (fox's mom)

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@multiplat said:

I actually agree with your first part.

We are all assuming most people CAN afford a Subway sandwich, that's not the point...whether you're a professional or a kid living with their parents, it's not about job income... 99% of the games we play, even during sales, cost more than that sandwich.

Cheapass gamers are distinct from Poorass gamers. But I AGREE, there are times where people should get better a job, for instance, some (kw: some) Subway Franchise Owners should get a better job, they should quit their current job as Subway Franchise Owner and apply for a Walmart Entry Level Stockboy/girl position. That would be an upgrade and step up for them, especially coming from today's difficult restaurant franchise business climate, as you eluded to.

Wait, wait...let's get this clear: you're incredibly upset that underperforming Subway franchises are skimping on the $5 footlongs, but instead you want those restaurants to CLOSE DOWN ENTIRELY? That's a strange stance, since it still results in you getting no $5 footlongs.

@multiplat said:

@MrGeezer: or approx. 98.5% that didn't bother signing.... i was just responding to your THAT widespread thing. In addition to the overlapping thing.... we can't leave out the dog eat dog competition from other bigger and more successful food chains that probably has an even bigger effect.

I'm actually surprised that the number of petitions was as high as 1.5%. That's actually a lot, especially considering that most people who are upset about this-or-that thing don't even bother signing petitions.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36038 Posts

Like, wtf even is this topic? I don't personally think Subway is fantastic or anything, but what if they just can't be a financially viable company by selling footlong subs with meats, cheeses, sauces, and all the vegetables customers tell them to shove in their sandwich for five bucks? What if selling them at that price means they can't fix broken machines or keep their stores clean?

Gaming community gotta look out for each other and not stand for this.

And what does this have to do with the "gaming community"? You just throw that in there like, "I like games, you like games, be upset with me about things thing has nothing do with games!" Seriously, just don't eat there if you can't afford it, go to a grocery store with coupons and save some money by making it yourself.

multiplat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 multiplat

@Serraph105 said:

Like, wtf even is this topic?

hehehehe, funniest reply yet on this ludicrous thread.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#56 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

Should be tree fiddy, amiright?

multiplat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 multiplat

@SolidSnake35: mos def, especially if a subway opens up in loch ness, scottland

Avatar image for newbiereoprting
NewbieReoprting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58 NewbieReoprting
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

Went to subway only once.

I still don't get why people spend money for that kind of food.