Tired of getting kicked around...

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Well, if the government refunds the money I put into Social Security for 27+ years (including this year), they can do what the heck they want.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

It is not really a matter of 'space' (pun not intentional) for the people to work on...we have ample space here in the US.
It is a matter of the jobs necessary to function. We are getting to the point where we are too 'smart' for our own good...where we are so efficient and productive that many people are just not needed to get by

Hell, it used to take a huge team of accountants weeks to do what I do in less than a day b/c of technology

This is exactly what the unabomber fearedBranKetra

^I understand that with technological improvements come less work. That is the idea, after all.

I'm not talking about "elbow room," though. It's more about pioneering. Something to be motivated about. "The final frontier"

But what is the payoff...the profit to drive the industry...what pays the bills LOL btw

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#53 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

But what is the payoff...the profit to drive the industry...what pays the bills LOL btw

rawsavon

If anything, more resources become feasibly attainable. Of course, that's only if there actually is anything useful out there. A profit would be a lot easier to show if there were some illustrious material that's out there. I think the real "profit" would be the knowledge that expansion is possible beyond the earth. Of course, that alone won't pay the bills.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"] But what is the payoff...the profit to drive the industry...what pays the bills LOL btw

BranKetra

If anything, more resources become feasibly attainable. Of course, that's only if there actually is anything useful out there. A profit would be a lot easier to show if there were some illustrious material that's out there. I think the real "profit" would be the knowledge that expansion is possible beyond the earth. Of course, that alone won't pay the bills.

Catch 22 I suppose. You need something of value to go after, but you have to go out there to see if there is anything of value
Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
[QUOTE="BranKetra"]

[QUOTE="rawsavon"] But what is the payoff...the profit to drive the industry...what pays the bills LOL btw

rawsavon

Catch 22 I suppose. You need something of value to go after, but you have to go out there to see if there is anything of value

But since we have a pretty fair idea of what resources are reachable with the technology we currently have, it's understandable that there is not a lot of financial incentive to poke around the solar system
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="BranKetra"] If anything, more resources become feasibly attainable. Of course, that's only if there actually is anything useful out there. A profit would be a lot easier to show if there were some illustrious material that's out there. I think the real "profit" would be the knowledge that expansion is possible beyond the earth. Of course, that alone won't pay the bills.

xaos

But since we have a pretty fair idea of what resources are reachable with the technology we currently have, it's understandable that there is not a lot of financial incentive to poke around the solar system

Exactly.
There is nothing we know of out there that we really want...at least nothing to make it worth our while.

So we are stuck here in a society of ever increasing technological advances and an ever dwindling jog market.
The trick is stay part of the necessary/desirable crowd here on earth...aka employable and ****able