Threats to Anita Sarkeesian maybe False to gather funds

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

The threats seem very well timed and very cut and dry they really don't make much sense and their tone is all over the place and reeks of fakeboy. Even IF she isn't lying about the 'death threat' shes currently milking for publicity, shes deep in the boy who cried wolf territory.

I think the only real thing she's scared of is drowning in too much cash.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Shielder7

it's too perfect. It hits all the right notes.

It's what an SJW would write if they were impersonating a creepy internet stalker.

None of the stuff that was doxxed reveals any information that isn't already out there, and hadn't already been doxxed in the past, which is kind of convenient.

The whole 12 seconds combined with the "sign out" thing just puts it over the top for me.

When you sign out of twitter, twitter is kind of a **** to use. No one signs out of twitter unless you have multiple accounts, and why would she sign out just to take this screenshot?

Finally, this just so happens to all go down right as she's releasing a new video? OK.

I love how all of the rubes over at SRD don't even leave room for the possibility that Saint Anita might be doing something entirely for publicity. Lying on the internet for money and attention? Who would do such a thing?"

To add to this quote it's not like she hasn't done it before..........

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

You seem to care for all this inside stuff a little bit too much.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

yeah sorry, i don't know anything about game of thrones but my friends say they like the sarkeesians.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

God, you people are pathetic. Considering these sorts of threats can be found all OVER the internet, I highly doubt she made these. Either way, here is a thought, keep this dumb shit off this message board.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

LOL you don't need to look far to see hate and disgusting things thrown Anita's way. She has no reason to fake anyway because there's tons of crap on the internet.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

What I gathered:

- Trolls are inherently incapable of thinking about what they will type, good grammar, or fast typing.

- Dummy accounts are not made to threaten someone else, only to threaten oneself.

- Signing out of twitter is an egregious internet sin.

- People cannot take screen caps less than 13 seconds of a tweet being sent, and you also can`t send screen caps to other people through e-mail..it`s just not possible.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Idgaf, threads like these only feed her cause base on stuff that hardly anyone gaf.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shielder7

@Bikouchu35 said:

Idgaf, threads like these only feed her cause base on stuff that hardly anyone gaf.

We unfortunately can't ignore her any longer, her following has grown too big. She's like a vampire, need sunlight to be cast on her, as truth needs to be cast on her lies, otherwise she will continue to feed on people who don't see it.

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3700 Posts

@Shielder7: Why do you care?

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

With aljosa and Leo on this

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SaintLeonidas

Scary how upset people are at her, and people who follow her videos, simply because of her views on games - yet don't seem to bat an eyelid at the death/rape threats, hacking attempts, etc. that has been directed towards her. Complete and total lack of empathy.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@SaintLeonidas said:

Scary how upset people are at her, and people who follow her videos, simply because of her views on games - yet don't seem to bat an eyelid at the death/rape threats, hacking attempts, etc. that has been directed towards her. Complete and total lack of empathy.

The internet will internet... but why the hell are you defending her? her arguments and "research" which granted her thousands of dollars .... pretty much consists of wiki quotes... opinions and are often wrong. there are so many fantastic counter-argument videos out there that make so much more sense.... the level of double standards and hypocrisy she spouts sets feminism back 20 years....

How much did she raise? I dont think she has even finished her series yet... which barely contains any real research, any mind blowing facts.... nothing. its nearly Jack Thompson level nonsense.

How much did it cost for her to make? next to nothing... maybe she bought her lovely flashy camera and microphone... maybe payed someone £20 to edit her video together..... ugh.....

The TC has posted something that could potentially be true. a so called masters graduate who manages to leverage social media very well is oblivious and *shocked* my internet attacks when she claims games like Mario.... a child hood classic that is about as innocent as it gets as SEXIST.....

Nobody bats an eye-lid at Thompson doing the same thing with violence.... he tried making money out of this too. stop the white knighting nonsense.

Bloody hell I'm defending Shielder on something... I feel sick. but sadly... hes right.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SaintLeonidas

LMAO, just shows how crazy people are over this. I say "I doubt she" made up those tweets (which is true considering she HAS been getting such messages), and say death/rapes threats are wrong and THAT ^^ is the response.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@SaintLeonidas said:

LMAO, just shows how crazy people are over this. I say "I doubt she" made up those tweets (which is true considering she HAS been getting such messages), and say death/rapes threats are wrong and THAT ^^ is the response.

You tell people to keep this stuff off here... yet this is off-topic... and we have far worse things talked about here. and you post that gif that me!

Kinda funny in a topic about uncovering the truth you post a sherlock gif :P.

She has every reason to. even if she didn't make these ones up. she marketed the abuse that was OBVIOUSLY going to come her way and cashed in off of it.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44503 Posts

I saw this last night, I guess she couldn't stand Zoe Quinn stealing the limelight.

You know what though, it'd be telling if one were to make a records request with the SFPD, meaning if she really did call the police and file a police report that could be telling to know if she really did like she claimed or not. If she type this out on her own computer, she'd likely not really file a police report, because then an investigator would only need to request from Twitter the IP address of the kdobbsz user and see where they accessed the internet, and if she did this to herself by creating the kdobbsz alt account then the kdobbsz info would match her own. Then again, if she filed a police report... I wouldn't say that'd entirely validate her claim, she could probably have a friend (or herself) do this from an internet cafe or anywhere with public wi-fi access.

Oh, and I just thought it interesting if she wrote it herself what running the kdobbsz threats through Gender Guesser would reveal, it would have been nice to have a larger sample but you work with what you got, behold:

EJ902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 EJ902
Member since 2005 • 14338 Posts

Ah I think this is more or less part of the same parcel of events as the Zoe Quinn stuff so you're better off keeping it in your other thread on that. Thanks