DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8762 Posts

I've heard only good things about Adventure Time. Thinking about a blind buy of the first season, but I wonder what is your opinion on this show?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58272 Posts

It's random for the sake of random. Not a fan. Weirdness is fine if it is genuine, but this isn't.

My roommate enjoys it, though. I think 20-something males tend to like it. I've watched an episode or two, it has its moments where it gets a chuckle out of me. But it's ultimately kind of dumb.

Honestly I think it's just something you put on because you're bored then you just scroll through instagram while loud annoying stuff happens on the screen in your periphery.

If you actually want to watch something, find another show.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56039 Posts

@DEVILinIRON: It's one of the cartoon shows that I felt was better before it got too lore-focused. Kind of a problem with a lot of recent cartoons actually. Everything doesn't have to be super-deep lore dump shows. Jake the Dog & Finn the Human were an odd due, but kept the show entertaining. Also, the final season was rush out the door and it became lackluster.

I think it also needs to be mentioning that it was probably the most historically important show of the 2010’s. It revived cartoons for that era that got CN back on track, popularized minimalist design again, and started the “lore dump” cartoon.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16878 Posts

I tried to get into it, but it wasn't for me.

BTW...If you have HBO Max, it has the entire series there, as well as the specials.

Amaterasu5533

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Amaterasu5533
Member since 2021 • 18 Posts

Like some people said, it's okay. My friend loved it for how "freaky" it is. But is it really? It's fun though.

ice_radon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 ice_radon
Member since 2002 • 70464 Posts

Never watched an actual episode. I think I spent like 5 mins on an episode when flipping through stations.

Seems like they were trying to make a cartoon for kids not super young, but also not for people as old as those watching Rick and Morty

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#8 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I actually own the entire series on Blu-ray. Just started buying the first couple of seasons for the sake of it and ended up going for a complete collection. I'm definitely curious about it. May not be up my alley completely but from the handful of episodes I have seen, it's not too bad.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1342 Posts

I remember seeing the characters everywhere, I always thought it was a kids show, I never got into it personally. I’m just getting into Rick and Morty now after all these years and enjoying it though.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#10 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

@DEVILinIRON: its actually super dark most people don’t comprehend the plot lines as they judge it merely on appearance.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23024 Posts

I first saw an episode of this waaaay back while sharing a Beggar's pizza with my young son for daddy time. I hated it and thought essentially the same thing as Bojangles. But my son enjoyed it so it found itself into our household. By season 3 I "got it." Guys, it's really good. REALLY good. Particularly up through season 5. The episodes are short and work as individual stories, but there's a larger story at work with some real depth and heart. And it takes some liberties with it's format that allow it to be experimental pretty often.

It's a kids cartoon so it's not Shakespeare, but it deserves its spot among the titans of its genre.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

It's quirky, it's funny at times. I enjoyed it for what it was, but not for everyone.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

From the few episodes I've watched I really liked it,. If I could find a good deal on the Blu rays I'd probably bite and buy it.

Avatar image for deactivated-611763b4a8e7c
deactivated-611763b4a8e7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-611763b4a8e7c
Member since 2021 • 1 Posts

What happened to this site

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 645 Posts

It's a good kids show that can be entertaining to watch along with your kids. Not something I'd bother watching for my own sake.