Think we will see a continuation of the Nolan "Batman" movies?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 49008 Posts

With Joseph Gordon Levitt as Robin?

I like him as an actor, and I think it would be a really neat way to incorporate a lot of the lore of Batman into a movie people likely want, without actually having Batman.

Or would Levitt's character become Batman, and would it be able to maybe mix in some Batman: Beyond stuff?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 43580 Posts

Wouldn't surprise me. It's a very easy thing to cash in on.

Batman Beyond wouldn't really work, Marvel already stole that premise and the dude is 1 year from 40.

But could see them down the line bringing it back in some way as everything they have thrown thus far that isn't animated has failed miserably.

Being honest, rather get a big screen animation adaptation of Batman Beyond.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20448 Posts

I would never say never, but Nolan is an auteur and I don't think continuing the series is in the cards and there is no Nolan Batman without Nolan.

Plus after the Tenet situation it seems Nolan is going to cease working with Warner (owners of Batman) and he might (might) never work with them again or at least for the foreseeable future.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mrbojangles25

@uninspiredcup said:

Batman Beyond wouldn't really work, Marvel already stole that premise and the dude is 1 year from 40.

But could see them down the line bringing it back in some way as everything they have thrown thus far that isn't animated has failed miserably.

Outside of an animated film or two (and some brief online reading), I'm not too familiar with Batman Beyond, but I liked what I did see. I really like the future setting, the "old Bruce Wayne" mentor thing (is he in a wheelchair from Baine? I can't remember), and so on.

A big-screen adaptation would be cool. Or some more animated films, which are for the most part pretty amazing. I just watched Batman Ninja last night and it was so over the top. Wasn't really stoked on the style of animation but it was still fun haha. All the Sam Liu animated movies are great.

@Master_Live said:

I would never say never, but Nolan is an auteur and I don't think continuing the series is in the cards and there is no Nolan Batman without Nolan.

Plus after the Tenet situation it seems Nolan is going to cease working with Warner (owners of Batman) and he might (might) never work with them again or at least for the foreseeable future.

Yeah, Nolan was super pissed about them pulling movies out of theaters and/or moving them to streaming platforms.

Dude is an artist, I will give him that much.

Either that or he has a lot of stock in movie theater companies :P

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 4380 Posts

I only see this happening if Nolan has a few flops in a row, and can't get anything else greenlit. Kinda like the Wachowskies and Matrix 4.

It hurts me to say that, because I would actually like to see Bale play an old man Bruce.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 uninspiredcup

@mrbojangles25 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Outside of an animated film or two (and some brief online reading), I'm not too familiar with Batman Beyond, but I liked what I did see. I really like the future setting, the "old Bruce Wayne" mentor thing (is he in a wheelchair from Baine? I can't remember), and so on.

A big-screen adaptation would be cool. Or some more animated films, which are for the most part pretty amazing. I just watched Batman Ninja last night and it was so over the top. Wasn't really stoked on the style of animation but it was still fun haha. All the Sam Liu animated movies are great.

@Master_Live said:

Yeah, Nolan was super pissed about them pulling movies out of theaters and/or moving them to streaming platforms.

Dude is an artist, I will give him that much.

Either that or he has a lot of stock in movie theater companies :P

Na, Bane in the wheelchair. Turn into a vegetable. Bruce has a cane but has one or two fight scenes where they use gimmicks like "de-aging episode" and "Iron man suit".

Loading Video...

Batman Beyond is kind of closer to Spiderman than Batman in tone.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#7 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 10433 Posts

Many director can takes nolan place and I personally believe Denis Villeneuve can make an excellent Batman movie or series in Nolan's Batman world. He also makes visually stunning movies.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 7923 Posts

I don't want to see any Robin film to be honest, even a Nolan directed one.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 6075 Posts

@vfighter said:

What about Nightwing?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 uninspiredcup

So just checked, apparently Michael Keaton will be Returning for some multi-universe shit.

Basically the perfect opening for Batman Beyond, with the perfect casting.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 4

#11 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2777 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Can’t quote on my tablet but I heard about that too. Will be interesting to see how it turns out.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mrbojangles25

@sakaixx said:

Many director can takes nolan place and I personally believe Denis Villeneuve can make an excellent Batman movie or series in Nolan's Batman world. He also makes visually stunning movies.

110% yes.

Dude makes amazing movies; Sicario, Arrival, and Blade Runner 2049...all great. And you're right, he has a similar tone to Nolan, I think he'd make a good "sub" for the Nolan-film continuation, or at least something in the same vein.

PS: can't wait for Dune. It's my favorite novel of all time, and I hope it gets the movie treatment it deserves (it won't, but a guy can hope).

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mrbojangles25
@DEVILinIRON said:
@vfighter said:

What about Nightwing?

Has anyone seen the live-action Titans show? It is surprisingly good. Lots of Robin and Nightwing in there.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 172102 Posts

No I don't. And if they want to do a Robin movie then do Nightwing.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 uninspiredcup

@speeny: Surprised he's going on 70. He looks about 55 in Homecoming.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 4380 Posts

@mrbojangles25: The problem with Dune that it is such a hard story to adapt to screen, especially if they try to do later books (I mean, would you really even want to watch a God Emperor movie?). But if he can make good movies that get more people to read the books, I'll be happy.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By uninspiredcup

@judaspete: Agree. In all honestly, it would probably benefit from a Lord Of The Rings treatment were it's a super loose adaptations.

Know it would piss people off, but just because something works in a book doesn't mean it'll work equally as well on screen.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#18 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 1931 Posts

I always wanted a Robin movie but it would be weird without Batman.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By warmblur
Member since 2017 • 6634 Posts

@vfighter said:

Same for me no Batman no care I would be good with Bale returning.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mrbojangles25

@pillarrocks said:

I always wanted a Robin movie but it would be weird without Batman.

It's been nice in the Titans live-action show. You have Nightwing and then Robin shows up eventually. The specter of Batman, and their relationship with him, is always present, but so far I have not seen any Batman.

Haven't gotten far enough into the series to see who this Robin is (i.e. Talia and Bruce's kid), but the Nightwing character is Dick Grayson and the Robin character is certainly violent enough to be an Al Ghul.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 38045 Posts

I think Dark Night Rises was Nolan's hitting the eject button on his role in the reboot. They should just do another reboot. That HBO/WB money should be budgeted on animated DC features instead, like third season of the Harley Quinn animated series.

HBO Max is doing like three different projects with at least one tied to the Dark Justice League which is nice.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#22 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2422 Posts

Please no. I didn’t like them.