There is a lot of racial hoax going around...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LegitGamer3212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LegitGamer3212
Member since 2008 • 1619 Posts

Racial Hoax

I was just watching the news and in NYC people are still protesting about the Eric Garner case. Eric Garner was a 400 pound man with many health conditions who was selling illegal narcotics, resisting arrest, and couldn't breathe when police used a head lock take down they learned at the police academy. New Yorkers are accusing the NYPD of racism. I live in NYC and just today...protestors are blocking highways, intersections, and roadways. So are cops and the justice system suppose to take it easy and go lenient on African Americans or else people will call it racism and block high ways? But if it's an Asian or White guy....give him the max sentence it's okay it's not racism...he's not black. Protestors are threatening to riot and cause civil unrest if they don't give the white cops jail time. Anyone agree this is a racial hoax?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

No, I don't think it's a hoax.

But like I have said before, give it a month or two and it will fade.

LegitGamer3212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LegitGamer3212
Member since 2008 • 1619 Posts

@Master_Live said:

No, I don't think it's a hoax.

But like I have said before, give it a month or two and it will fade.

I seen it too many times...if a white kid gets robbed/jumped in a black neighborhood....it's not racism the white kid was just in the wrong neighborhood. Now...if 3 white guys jump a black guy...it's a hate crime, it's racism.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

i sure hope i don't come down with the health condition of a metric **** ton of people dog piling on me and choking me to **** and back.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

I was just watching the news and in NYC people are still protesting about the Eric Garner case. Eric Garner was a 400 pound man with many health conditions who was selling illegal narcotics, resisting arrest, and couldn't breathe when police used a head lock take down they learned at the police academy. New Yorkers are accusing the NYPD of racism. I live in NYC and just today...protestors are blocking highways, intersections, and roadways.

Good. It's great to see people exercising their power for once.

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

@thebest31406 said:

I was just watching the news and in NYC people are still protesting about the Eric Garner case. Eric Garner was a 400 pound man with many health conditions who was selling illegal narcotics, resisting arrest, and couldn't breathe when police used a head lock take down they learned at the police academy. New Yorkers are accusing the NYPD of racism. I live in NYC and just today...protestors are blocking highways, intersections, and roadways.

In what way is blocking traffic for people who are getting off work or going to work a good thing???

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

I like how you say he was "selling illegal narcotics," like he was some kind of dangerous drug dealer out of Breaking Bad or something, rather than a schmo who was selling cigarettes to other schmoes. Really shows your honesty, OP. Fucking bravo.

Yes, the police assaulting and killing a man for selling cigarettes totally isn't something anyone should be upset about. After all, when the shitbag got in his face he waved his arms out of reflex, which means he's "resisting arrest" and so the police are justified in anything they do, even though he's clearly not an actual threat to anyone.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts

@fueled-system said:

@thebest31406 said:

In what way is blocking traffic for people who are getting off work or going to work a good thing???

No, that's never good. However, people exercising their passive resistance against state injustice is a good thing.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Hoax?

That said, the whole reason this case is even news is the fact the victim was a black man killed at the hands of a white police officer. The media loves race-baiting the public and the black community (many of whom are racists and hate white people) seem to overreact to even the slightest thing.

It was an accidental death that took place due to negligence on the cops behalf. He didn't purposefully murder the guy. He shouldn't have gotten off scotfree, but he did not commit murder.

cablemodemx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#11 cablemodemx2
Member since 2003 • 1000 Posts

@thebest31406 said:

@fueled-system said:

@thebest31406 said:

No, that's never good. However, people exercising their passive resistance against state injustice is a good thing.

Eh, I'd rather see some active resistance from the drivers, in the form of them driving through these people blocking traffic. Not quickly enough to seriously injure them, but enough to get the point across that if you're stupid enough to get in the way of traffic, you're going to make contact with a vehicle or two.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

Hoax?

That said, the whole reason this case is even news is the fact the victim was a black man killed at the hands of a white police officer. The media loves race-baiting the public and the black community (many of whom are racists and hate white people) seem to overreact to even the slightest thing.

It was an accidental death that took place due to negligence on the cops behalf. He didn't purposefully murder the guy. He shouldn't have gotten off scotfree, but he did not commit murder.

What makes the Garner case so fucked up is that the incident didn't even go to trial despite the video evidence and coroners report being QUITE clear that the cop choked the guy to death.

I agree that I don't think this was some intentional hate crime, but it most certainly was a negligent homicide and there is NO disputing that it should have at LEAST gone to trial.

Now the Michael Brown case, THAT was an overreaction.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

@fueled-system said:

@thebest31406 said:

Protesting is rarely about trying to make a community run more efficiently (at least not in the short term), it's about being loud enough to make people take notice, and actually do something about injustice. I imagine the people doing the protesting are thinking somewhere a little along the lines of, "Sorry you are a little late to work, but people are getting killed unjustly in the streets."

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

@LegitGamer3212: Headlock takedown? Ok mate

slateman_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By slateman_basic
Member since 2002 • 4142 Posts

@LegitGamer3212 said:

Racial Hoax

I was just watching the news and in NYC people are still protesting about the Eric Garner case. Eric Garner was a 400 pound man with many health conditions who was selling illegal narcotics, resisting arrest, and couldn't breathe when police used a head lock take down they learned at the police academy. New Yorkers are accusing the NYPD of racism. I live in NYC and just today...protestors are blocking highways, intersections, and roadways. So are cops and the justice system suppose to take it easy and go lenient on African Americans or else people will call it racism and block high ways? But if it's an Asian or White guy....give him the max sentence it's okay it's not racism...he's not black. Protestors are threatening to riot and cause civil unrest if they don't give the white cops jail time. Anyone agree this is a racial hoax?

Did they find narcotics on him?

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

@slateman_basic said:

@LegitGamer3212 said:

Racial Hoax

Did they find narcotics on him?

He's referring to the cigarettes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

In this specific case I have a feeling the cop would of choked a fat white guy to death too