There have been 74 school shootings since Sandy Hook

• 164 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

just read an article saying there have been 74 school shootings since the sandy hook massacre which left 20 children and 6 adults dead. I myself support the second amendment, fine have your guns, but what can be done to stop this? Its like every fucking week a new school shooting, people should be able to go to school and not feel scared that some psycho will shoot them.

I say any sign of mental disorder...no guns....if a kid has a mental disorder even if its depression take away their parents guns.

These psychos shoot up a school because they can't get laid? And to those that say arm every student with a gun....please just stop that will cause any fucking small argument to lead to a shooting.

vidplayer8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 vidplayer8
Member since 2006 • 18549 Posts

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/06/how_many_school_shooting_incid.html

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:
if a kid has a mental disorder even if its depression take away their parents guns.

wat.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Master_Live

I just finished my manifesto. Now I'm looking into leasing a black luxury car....

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@Master_Live said:

@ps4hasnogames said:
if a kid has a mental disorder even if its depression take away their parents guns.

wat.

because he will steal his dads gun

@Master_Live said:

I just finished my manifesto. Now I'm looking into leasing a black luxury car....

don't get it, are you referring to that kid who shot up the school last week who couldn't get laid?

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

Thank gawd me am not in amurika.... I'm still alive till today..

however I need u beautiful amurika to make my favourite movies and videogames ... and my favorite drink cococola and KFC and bik mack.

merci beaucoup amurika ... thanks for everything

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#8 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

Well, this is one way to start a depressing day =/

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts

Couldn't possibly be the economy and the education system, it's dem guns, gotta control em so they can force their "curriculum" upon the slaves

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts
@ps4hasnogames said:

I say any sign of mental disorder...no guns....if a kid has a mental disorder even if its depression take away their parents guns.

Someone take way that kitchen knife from my mom.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

@elkoldo said:
@ps4hasnogames said:

So you're implying that a student armed with a kitchen knife is just as lethal as a student armed with a semi-automatic rifle?

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts

@chaplainDMK: both are equally lethal (gun and knife). The killer decides how lethal he wants to be.

If a knife wielder hangs out in the bathroom and clandestinely slits peoples throats as they come in, he may get away with more killings than by opening fire in a public place.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chaplainDMK

@4myAmuzumament said:

@chaplainDMK: both are equally lethal (gun and knife). The killer decides how lethal he wants to be.

If a knife wielder hangs out in the bathroom and clandestinely slits peoples throats as they come in, he may get away with more killings than by opening fire in a public place.

Contrary to Call of Duty, you can easily still make noises when your throat is being slit, and you don't die in 1 second. So this guy would have to be really good, or professionally trained SEAL or something, to manage to contain peoples limbs and mouth while at the same time slitting their throat and then somehow making sure the blood isn't noticeable from everywhere. Also he would have to be damn lucky that at no point multiple people wouldn't go in or that somebody wouldn't come and check in when their friend goes missing.

Meanwhile a guy with a gun can just run into a classroom and kill and wound a bunch of people with very little chance of them retaliating just because he can shoot them at range while they either have to run away or close the distance and somehow disarm him. If he ran in with a knife at best he can kill one guy and the rest either run away or somebody just smacks a stool over his head.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#15 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@chaplainDMK: Sometimes I wonder why it is so difficult for some people to tell reality and video games apart...

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

I can see that a country in extreme social turmoil may find the right to bare arms constitutionally neccessary waaay back in history. However a modern society does not need its citizens to be armed in order to cohabit successfully and without fear. If kids getting shot in schools isnt enough of a shock to make people change their ways then WTF is?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

@always_explicit said:

I can see that a country in extreme social turmoil may find the right to bare arms constitutionally neccessary waaay back in history. However a modern society does not need its citizens to be armed in order to cohabit successfully and without fear. If kids getting shot in schools isnt enough of a shock to make people change their ways then WTF is?

But if they gave every child a gun then they could just shoot the shooter before he shoots anyone.

35cent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 35cent
Member since 2008 • 934 Posts

Wow that's a lot. No idea it was that many since Sandy Hook.

Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#19 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts

@xdude85 said:

Loading Video...

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

@vidplayer8 said:

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2014/06/how_many_school_shooting_incid.html

suckers will believe anything these days lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
@killzowned24 said:

@vidplayer8 said:

suckers will believe anything these days lol.

Indeed. What a stupid article.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@jasean79 said:

And who's going to pay them? And how is the solution to add more guns into the mix?

There are 98,817 public schools in the USA. The average pay for a security guard is $22,000. To have three guards in each school would cost $6,521,922,000. That's a hell of a lot of money to pay for something that probably won't do anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#24 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Shootings are multifactorial. Obviously, having easier access to guns means that they will be more likely used for gun related crimes. Not sure what the solution is. I can understand someone's feelings about their rights to own a gun. Most gun owners are responsible, but unfortunately we suffer from the ones who aren't. Statistically, they do not make us safer but rather increase the chance of someone being killed. Part of the trouble is that any regulation towards limiting guns creates panic in certain groups - they feel that's just the first step in eliminating them for good.

Secondly, I think the media does a lot to worsen this issue. They seem to glorify the shooters - giving them instant fame and in the case of that CA kid - publishing his manifesto. I think they would be better served to report on a shooting but not give the name of the shooter. Deprive them of what they want. A somewhat less than ideal comparison is what used to happen in sports games. Sometimes fans would run unto the field or court and disrupt the game. Cameras would pan to them and they'd get all this attention. Then leagues adopted this rule that the cameras would not film fans doing that. Now, it's extremely uncommon for that to happen. No attention and fame.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@toast_burner said:

@jasean79 said:

And who's going to pay them? And how is the solution to add more guns into the mix?

I"m sure many veterans would do it for free. The solution is rather simple, you place guns in the hands of trained professionals - veterans of the United States Armed forces - would be willing to protect its citizens (children) from harm.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@jasean79 said:

@toast_burner said:

@jasean79 said:

I"m sure many veterans would do it for free. The solution is rather simple, you place guns in the hands of trained professionals - veterans of the United States Armed forces - would be willing to protect its citizens (children) from harm.

And what's to prevent these veterans from shooting people or for someone to just shoot him and take his gun? Also that image seems to be suggesting that it would help with the unemployment problem, if they aren't getting paid then it doesn't help at all.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

I think you are playing fast and loose with the term school shooting. The news would have been all over those incidents....and yet no news reports of 74 shootings. You might want to read your source material next time before posting.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

In the UK we had Hungerford massacre in which a man with semi-automatics went on a rampage and Dunblane. Since both of these happened major laws went into place to stop people freely getting semi-automatics and handguns with bans. From what I understand (unsurprisingly) it's been highly effective.

But Americans seem to love the right to bear arms. Odd. Since it was created in 1689. A time when sexual relations with children and capture and slavery of black people was the norm. Values may have been somewhat different back then.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 killzowned24

@uninspiredcup said:

In the UK we had Hungerford massacre in which a man with semi-automatics went on a rampage and Dunblane. Since both of these happened major laws went into place to stop people freely getting semi-automatics and handguns with bans. From what I understand (unsurprisingly) it's been highly effective.

But Americans seem to love the right to bear arms. Odd. Since it was created in 1689. A time when sexual relations with children and capture and slavery of black people was the norm. Values may have been somewhat different back then.

Americans are not stupid enough to be forced into cowboy era technology. Gonna take a lot more gun deaths to truly mean something with a population of almost 320 million people.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I'd really like to see the statistics on how many of those weapons were legally acquired and responsibly stored.

Avatar image for deactivated-585ea4b128526
deactivated-585ea4b128526

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-585ea4b128526
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts

The numbers have been debunked, it was started by that fascist Bloomberg. Those numbers represent robberies, fights, drug deals, accidental discharges, and a majority of them take place near colleges. Two mass college shootings have taken place since sandy hook. Two have taken place at a military base.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts
@4myAmuzumament said:

The average mass murder isn't likely to be trained I remember when sandy hook happened some psycho went around stabbing children in china I believe 30+ where injured in the attack but no one died meanwhile we all know how many kids died in sandy hook where guns where involved. Guns are clearly more lethal in there ability to kill as many people as quickly as possible even by untrained individuals you can't compare the two.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@killzowned24 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Americans are not stupid enough to be forced into cowboy era technology. Gonna take a lot more gun deaths to truly mean something with a population of almost 320 million people.

The UK has a population of 60 million. So America has roughly five times as many people. America doesn't have 5 times as many school shootings as the UK, it has more school shootings a month then the UK has had in its entire history.

Population has nothing to do with it. The fact is in America you are five times as likely to be murdered than in the UK.

Avatar image for WolfgarTheQuiet
WolfgarTheQuiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 6

#34 WolfgarTheQuiet
Member since 2010 • 483 Posts

@hippiesanta: Only reason why everyone should own a gun is in case corrupt government turns on its people. Thats why back in the old days every house hold in any country had a gun or two. problem in America is that so many people are on these fucked up medication that actually makes you even crazier.

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts

@chaplainDMK: using poison to contaminate the food used for school lunches is just as lethal as a gun or knife as well. Killers are the problem, not guns.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

@4myAmuzumament said:

@chaplainDMK: using poison to contaminate the food used for school lunches is just as lethal as a gun or knife as well. Killers are the problem, not guns.

You really can't tell the difference between fiction and reality can you?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#37 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@elkoldo said:
@ps4hasnogames said:

Your mum is using the kitchen knife to cook food... What is your dad doing with the gun?

Sometimes, I just don't get Americans.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 chaplainDMK

@4myAmuzumament said:

Then you're going to have to be the school cook and bring a pretty decent amount of a tasteless and colorless poison and mix it into the food, the poison also has to be slow acting enough that the cook that will certainly taste it won't die beforehand and also a poison that won't be affected by the cooking. The poison also must be something weird so the doctors wont instantly know what to do with the patients, like for example rat poison. Poison that meets all of this criteria will almost always need a special permit to get, which again limits it's usefulness.

And that's beyond the point, poisons are regulated for a function. Rat poison can't be bought in large quantities for this very reason, neither can almost any other poison. Guns in the US are unregulated as hell, it's easier to get a gun and shoot a guy than to get poison and poison him. I mean the funniest thing I find with US arms regulations is that you can't get a fully automatic weapon, but you can get a semi automatic. Like they know there's a problem with guns, but they think just limiting automatic firearms will be good enough. Even if it's a 7,62x51 semi-automatic battle rifle that will go through three walls and still kill someone. Why aren't grenades legal then? I mean apparently the kids are the problems, not the grenades.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#39  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

@4myAmuzumament said:

Doesn't make sense.

Killers who actually kill with poison prefer the distance and unanimity with mostly introvert personalities. Usually having a superiority complex or motive (many times financial) rather than last stand. They are a minority and in pretty much all cases, don't want to be found.

The act of walking into a school and shooting people is about as humanly personal, direct and attention seeking as you can get. Many wanting it to draw attention and be theatrical as possible. Many making videos before hand declaring bla bla bla, thinking they are important.

We can always say "well, they can use knife and bombs" but the fact is, it's guns that draw people and guns that are readily available and incredibly easy to use. Point, click, dead.

People who are recorded as poisoning, do not do it in mass, it's rare. And unless they are specifically trained do so (e.g.. a chemist) they generally do piss poor job of even killing one person.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Master_Live

@chaplainDMK said:

@4myAmuzumament said:

Then you're going to have to be the school cook and bring a pretty decent amount of a tasteless and colorless poison and mix it into the food, the poison also has to be slow acting enough that the cook that will certainly taste it won't die beforehand and also a poison that won't be affected by the cooking. The poison also must be something weird so the doctors wont instantly know what to do with the patients, like for example rat poison. Poison that meets all of this criteria will almost always need a special permit to get, which again limits it's usefulness.

And that's beyond the point, poisons are regulated for a function. Rat poison can't be bought in large quantities for this very reason, neither can almost any other poison. Guns in the US are unregulated as hell, it's easier to get a gun and shoot a guy than to get poison and poison him. I mean the funniest thing I find with US arms regulations is that you can't get a fully automatic weapon, but you can get a semi automatic. Like they know there's a problem with guns, but they think just limiting automatic firearms will be good enough. Even if it's a 7,62x51 semi-automatic battle rifle that will go through three walls and still kill someone. Why aren't grenades legal then? I mean apparently the kids are the problems, not the grenades.

Which restrictions do you propose?

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

no amount of legislation is really going to stop crazy people. what will more likely slow them is vigilance on the part of their family members, friends, neighbors etc.. if you notice your child isn't quite right, maybe it's a good idea to lock up the guns in your home a little better.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By chaplainDMK

@Master_Live said:

@chaplainDMK said:

@4myAmuzumament said:

Which restrictions do you propose?

The US is already beyond hope. The entire countries "gun-culture" is developed to a degree that no regulation will do anything. People have private arsenals full of assault rifles, carbines, hunting riffles, pistols etc., unless the government goes house to house checking and seizing gun nothing is really going to change. I watched a TV show on NatGeo where they prepare for the "apocalypse", and this couple in Texas (go figure) built a "command post" on top of their house so they will be able to organize the resistance at the point where the US Government reveals they are truly alien Lizard-People. At the end of the show they simulate an attack on the command post where they call up a bunch of friends. Suddenly 10-15 people show up, armed with M4s, M16s, G3s etc. etc., and the couple even set up booby traps consisting of explosives around the house, and they play out the dummy attack. If this thing doesn't really illustrate how disillusioned Americans have become with their gun obsession I don't think anything does.

Realistically just needing everyone that wants a gun to state a reason for what he needs it, do a psychological evaluation and needing to do regular check-ups after that to see if the reason is still valid and if he hasn't gone psycho in the meantime will go a long way. Also limit what the hell people can buy, you don't need damn high powered rifles on the market for any reason, hunters can have the high powered hunting rifles, but regular people just stick to 9mm and similar low velocity weapons. I really find it absurd that in America I can go to the local gun shop and buy a .308 Winchester battle rifle, and then pimp it out with a scope. Why, why in gods name do you need something that the Army considers overpowered for use? Self defense?

If people want to fire military grade fire-arms just have a law set up that allows gun ranges to stock these weapons and people can come and use them.

happybuddha420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 happybuddha420
Member since 2010 • 37 Posts

Probably due to black on black crime, not racist I'm from Detroit so I'd know.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

The issue is not guns it is the failure of the mental health system in America. Where you have the highest legal gun ownership crime is lowest.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#45 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Too many of the American population have guns though so to eradicate that would be almost impossible. America screwed up a long time ago in regards to that so now they'll just have to deal with it.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

@Jag85 said:

@elkoldo said:
@ps4hasnogames said:

Your mum is using the kitchen knife to cook food... What is your dad doing with the gun?

He got no gun, and I ain't no American.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#47 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

There is no fool proof defense against individual acts. The best schools can do is have effective lockdown protocols in the event of a shooting and a police officer on campus. The officer wouldn't be necessary in many cases. My old high school has a lockdown plan and a security gate that someone within the office needs to unlock to let visitors in - no police on standby.

Open-Casket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Open-Casket
Member since 2014 • 72 Posts

School shootings? Damn dude, it's not just happening there.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#49 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@elkoldo said:

@Jag85 said:

@elkoldo said:
@ps4hasnogames said:

He got no gun, and I ain't no American.

Then would I be right in assuming you're from one of the many other pro-gun nations in the world?

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 killzowned24

@toast_burner said:

@killzowned24 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

The UK has a population of 60 million. So America has roughly five times as many people. America doesn't have 5 times as many school shootings as the UK, it has more school shootings a month then the UK has had in its entire history.

Population has nothing to do with it. The fact is in America you are five times as likely to be murdered than in the UK.

I was meaning that will there will always be a bad banana and more likely in the US than elsewhere, but that doesn't mean just because there are 15 bad ones in a ton, you just dump it all. The genetic lines alone should say the US is more risky and crazy because they had to be to risk it all and start a new.