There are so few good people in this world

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Optical_Order
Member since 2008 • 5100 Posts

Do you agree?

3riForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 3riForce
Member since 2004 • 2293 Posts

I'm right here

DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

I like lemonade but not (many) people.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

I think they're a lot of douches who don't care about others, but there are also plenty of nice people too, and I'm going to need more of an OP to get a better idea of where you're going with this topic.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
There are plenty of good people, it's just that the bad and stupid people get all the attention.
Avatar image for jerk-o-tron2000
jerk-o-tron2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jerk-o-tron2000
Member since 2007 • 10036 Posts

Morals are dead....Perhaps they never existed.

At any rate, it's not worth keeping up the charade.

angeldeb82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 angeldeb82
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts
I'm still here, so I'm still a good person.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Not at all. I think the world has tons of good people.

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Optical_Order

I think they're a lot of douches who don't care about others, but there are also plenty of nice people too, and I'm going to need more of an OP to get a better idea of where you're going with this topic.

TacticalDesire

There are just a lot of narcissistic people with no real morals or values. I just see so many poor qualities in people around my town sometimes it's hard to see the good.

In all honesty, the days of the "help a brother out" mentality seem numbered. We're becoming so materialistic and clouded sometimes it's just disheartening.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58402 Posts

people are awesome :D

THe reason people are generally so cynical about other people is because the mind is conditioned (for whatever reason) to remember the bad things; I do this with my mom all the time, I can list all the horrible things she has done to me, but when I need to think of something nice it takes a few seconds lol

Is it because my mom is a bad person? Hell no, she is the best woman to ever walk this earth (with the exception of my sister, that is). Its just how the mind works.

People are awesome. They just get too bitter too fast and too easily to know it. But when you look back on the past week and remember all the encounters with all the different people you interacted with, chances are 95% of those encounters were neutral to positive.

Honestly, the only time I get down about people is when I hear other people generalizing the human race, talking about how we all deserve to die, we are killing eachother and the planet, and blah blah blah.

Its like the song linked says: I have faith in my fellow man, I hope they have faith in me.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="TacticalDesire"]

Optical_Order

There are just a lot of narcissistic people with no real morals or values. I just see so many poor qualities in people around my town sometimes it's hard to see the good.

In all honesty, the days of the "help a brother out" mentality seem numbered. We're becoming so materialistic and clouded sometimes it's just disheartening.

I will agree on that note, despite my overall feeling that people are good.

Materialism is killing society, and as cliche as it sounds, reality television is the main culprit. There is just so much **** that goes around on reality TV it is awful.

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Optical_Order

THe reason people are generally so cynical about other people is because the mind is conditioned (for whatever reason) to remember the bad things; I do this with my mom all the time, I can list all the horrible things she has done to me, but when I need to think of something nice it takes a few seconds lol

Is it because my mom is a bad person? Hell no, she is the best woman to ever walk this earth (with the exception of my sister, that is). Its just how the mind works.

People are awesome. They just get too bitter too fast and too easily to know it. But when you look back on the past week and remember all the encounters with all the different people you interacted with, chances are 95% of those encounters were neutral to positive.

Honestly, the only time I get down about people is when I hear other people generalizing the human race, talking about how we all deserve to die, we are killing eachother and the planet, and blah blah blah.

Its like the song linked says: I have faith in my fellow man, I hope they have faith in me.

mrbojangles25

To be honest, that's quite a risk.

I see your point, though.

QiiXii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 QiiXii
Member since 2009 • 603 Posts

I find it unnecessary to generalize the entire population of the world as good or bad, especially off of little more than anecdotal evidence and entertainment.

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Optical_Order

I find it unnecessary to generalize the entire population of the world as good or bad, especially off of little more than anecdotal evidence and entertainment.

QiiXii

That's because you're one of the bad people :P

QiiXii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 QiiXii
Member since 2009 • 603 Posts

[QUOTE="QiiXii"]

Optical_Order

That's because you're one of the bad people :P

I'm glad you noticed. :twisted:

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

Not at all. I think the world has tons of good people.

sonicare
its just rare that they seek power over others, so the masses keep a low profile.
Fundai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Fundai
Member since 2010 • 6120 Posts

*sips lemonade*

Hmmm??

Sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of how nice I am.

Pikdum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pikdum
Member since 2010 • 2244 Posts

Im'a good people. :P

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

Dog eat dog world.

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

No. I think most people are good, actually.

Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

By my definition of "good," there are indeed very few left. It's really depressing.

PS2_ROCKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PS2_ROCKS
Member since 2003 • 4679 Posts
Don't worry I'm good.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
About 50/50 I'd say.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts

Someone actually held the door open for me today when I was leaving the chemistry lab building today so that has to count for something.

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Optical_Order

Someone actually held the door open for me today when I was leaving the chemistry lab building today so that has to count for something.

ExoticAnimal

*Little did he know a smoking hot girl slipped through the door behind him...*

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#26 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

I'm the kind of person who is cynical about people and I even I wouldn't go as far as the TC.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

Optical_Order

To be honest, that's quite a risk.

I see your point, though.

meh, not that risky. For every dozen or so civilians killed by a crazed dictator, there are a few billion people that go about their lives, take care of themselves and their families, and do not hurt or even impact other people's lives. THe odds are stacked in my favor, I'd say

I have a pretty vague sense of "good" though; basically, I feel that if your heart and head are in the right place (and I feel practically all people have those in order), the best you can do is look out for numero uno (yourself). If youre kind and generous, and you succeed, those around you do better as a result. If you have a family to take care, the best you can do is succeed, get promotions, etc because you are pretty much obligated to look after your family.

Only time Ive seen people get screwed over was by some Entourage disciple who thought it was ok to to do anything "in the name of business", but that quickly bit him in the ass lol.

And I believe in karma, the wrong definition of karma (i.e. what comes around goes around lol), to help me cope with the odd jerk or two :P

Kaylomaylo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kaylomaylo-
Member since 2011 • 47 Posts
I'd like to think of the people I'm friends with as good people! But who knows really? I'll just worry about myself and how good I am. =]
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mrbojangles25

I'd like to think of the people I'm friends with as good people! But who knows really? I'll just worry about myself and how good I am. =]Kaylomaylo-

thank you! that is the core of my philosophy!

I truly believe there are enough people out there solely worried about themselves and being good people that it all adds up to humanity being generally good.

The only problem occurs when you cynics and pessimists go "oooooh humanity is doomed, wah wah wah go cry emo kid blah blah" and then, somehow, think that since the rest of humanity is "bad", that it excuses you to be bad.

Optical_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Optical_Order

[QUOTE="Kaylomaylo-"]I'd like to think of the people I'm friends with as good people! But who knows really? I'll just worry about myself and how good I am. =]mrbojangles25

thank you! that is the core of my philosophy!

I truly believe there are enough people out there solely worried about themselves and being good people that it all adds up to humanity being generally good.

The only problem occurs when you cynics and pessimists go "oooooh humanity is doomed, wah wah wah go cry emo kid blah blah" and then, somehow, think that since the rest of humanity is "bad", that it excuses you to be bad.

"You cynics?"

Everyone is cynical about something. Humanity's not doomed or anything, I'm just saying my outlook on the common man is generally poor. I'm quire aware there are more "good" people than "bad". Like I said, the bad just stick out more.

btw if people use that excuse to do stupid things, then they are just simply weak.

Purdicus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Purdicus
Member since 2009 • 76 Posts

Do you agree?

Optical_Order

Tonight, yes. It's not that there's so few good people in the world. Itjust seems like the bad guys are winning.

In my experience, it breaks down to about 20% evil, 20% good, and 60% easily led.

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
I think probably there are more around now than ever have been before. I think that life is harsh and cruel and makes people like it very often.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

Do you agree?

Optical_Order

If you want to see good people, them you'll find them. If you go out looking to discover that everyone on Earth is a flaming bag of ****, then that's what you'll find.

Look for the positive, you'll find the positive. Look for only the negative, and that's all you'll ever see.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

[QUOTE="Optical_Order"]

Do you agree?

Purdicus

Tonight, yes. It's not that there's so few good people in the world. Itjust seems like the bad guys are winning.

In my experience, it breaks down to about 20% evil, 20% good, and 60% easily led.

And just out of curiosity, in which category do you place yourself?

Do you think you're evil? Do you think you're easily manipulated? Do you think that you're good?

Now, in which category do you think TOTAL STRANGERS would place you?

I think that's one of the important things to keep in mind. Most people have jobs, go to school, that sort of thing. The total number of people they encounter in a day may very well VASTLY outnumber the number of friends/acquaintances that they encounter in a day. Keep that in mind, and then think about how much your friends and family are awesome. What's more likely? That you somehow lucked out and got nothing but GOOD friends/family, while everyone else was left with the garbage? Or is it more likely that you're simply more capable of seeing the good in your friends/family because you actually know them?

But never mind that. Where do you place YOURSELF? Do you think that you are one of the evil ones? One of the ones with potential good tendencies, but who is just a sheep who is easily mislead? Where do you see yourself in this categorization. And more importantly, why should anyone else categorize you the same way when they don't even freaking know you?

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

I justed voted for "People Suck".

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#36 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
Most people do things only for themselves and their loved ones.
punkpunker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 punkpunker
Member since 2006 • 3383 Posts

living in a small asia country where people is selfish in general, so yes there is few good people.

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
OT is filled with good people, watcha talking about?
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Maybe, but maybe it's blown out of proportion by all we hear about on TV........
luisen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 luisen123
Member since 2006 • 6537 Posts
If I were president, I would make it compulsory to be nice.
Ronstera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ronstera
Member since 2007 • 6112 Posts
I consider myself as one of the few good people on this earth..
TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

Most people are good.

But most people do not care.

So, if you find yourself getting raped in an alley while people are passing you by and not giving a ****.

Don't be mad.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115430 Posts
I'd probably qualify for one of those people. I take care of three people on a daily basis. Well try to.. at least. It's hard trying to be everywhere at once. It's also tiring when you have to walk to the said locations, I've had to walk more than 10 miles in day because of this on more than several occasions.
markinthedark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 markinthedark
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

we are biologically built to be good to one another.

but as society becomes increasingly disjointed, it makes it easier to ignore our morals.

This is why rural denizens typically have much different political views than city dwellers. Because when you typically interact with alot of strangers on a regular basis its more difficult to turn a blind eye to their plight.

its the us vs them mentality... as long as you dont know "them" its alot easier to demonize "them"

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="Optical_Order"]

Do you agree?

MrGeezer

If you want to see good people, them you'll find them. If you go out looking to discover that everyone on Earth is a flaming bag of ****, then that's what you'll find.

Look for the positive, you'll find the positive. Look for only the negative, and that's all you'll ever see.

pretty much this.

humanity is diverse enough to classify, demonize, etc, as much as you want

beauty really is in the eye of the beholder or however it goes.

Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts
Don't know about people, but lemonade is old-fashioned.
12thArcane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 12thArcane
Member since 2011 • 102 Posts

It depends on how you define "good people"... We mostly are all very self-centered, but at distinct levels...

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
Gamespot obviously. We are all stuck posting on Gamespot to do anything good in the world.
Strormbringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Strormbringer
Member since 2011 • 263 Posts
The Degrading of morals through the Media and other sources has exterminated good people from the world nearly.