The worst rappers ever? The best?

• 137 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 stevenk4k5
Member since 2005 • 5608 Posts

This is basically a modification of the active Worst Bands thread, except with one of my favorite genres.

Some rappers I can't stand are...

Timbaland - He just needs to stay behind the scenes and produce, I don't want to hear your voice on a track anymore.

Soulja Boy - Omg, don't even get me started on this POS excuse for a rapper. He's the absolute worst.

50 Cent - He USED to be good but I don't know what happened. I'll be honest, I Get Money was catchy and so was Ayo Technology but his album was horrible.

Lil' John - Can you even call him a rapper? Screaming the same three words/phrases is wack.

Swizz Beats - LOL! His Kindergarten rhymes are laughable. "Climbing up a mountain, spraying like a fountain." Wtf?

Cam'ron - Another rapper with childish, kindergarten lyrics. He actually makes up his own words so his lyrics can rhyme, what a joke.

But to balance this out here are my favorites...

Outkast - Always speaks the truth and they are lyrically talented, always have clever rhymes and very catchy songs.

Ludacris - I honestly think Ludacris is like... one of the best. Just like Outkast, his lyrics are always very witty/clever.

KRS-One - One of the only rappers that stayed true to Hip-Hop, sick on the mic.

Lupe Fiasco - C'mon... it's Lupe Fiasco, I don't even need to explain why he's a very good rapper.

Jay-Z - Came back strong with American Gangster, the album, just like Blueprint and the Black Album, is a classic.

2Pac - Ah, I love this dude. Man, I don't even know where to start...

Common - He is a very conscious rapper but also very powerful with his lyrics. The only song of his that I can say didn't really have any substance was "Go" but it was still a good song.

Honorable Mention: Cannabis. My friend just recently told me about him so it's not like I know much about his musical career but from the few songs I've heard, he's pretty good.

Feel free to share your opinions. :)

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#2 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
NWA, Public Enemy, and Tupac are among the best.
Avatar image for Kritical_Strike
Kritical_Strike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Kritical_Strike
Member since 2006 • 4123 Posts

This is basically a modification of the active Worst Bands thread, except with one of my favorite genres.

Timbaland - He just needs to stay behind the scenes and produce, I don't want to hear your voice on a track anymore.

I totally agree, his production skills are alright but his voice is annoying as hell

Soulja Boy - Omg, don't even get me started on this POS excuse for a rapper. He's the absolute worst.

yeah

50 Cent - He USED to be good but I don't know what happened. I'll be honest, I Get Money was catchy and so was Ayo Technology but his album was horrible.

you're wrong, fiddy was never good

Lil' John - Can you even call him a rapper? Screaming the same three words/phrases is wack.

he's a hype rapper, but even in that catagory he sucks.

Swizz Beats - LOL! His Kindergarten rhymes are laughable. "Climbing up a mountain, spraying like a fountain." Wtf?

I haven't even heard of these guys :/

Outkast - Always speaks the truth and they are lyrically talented, always have clever rhymes and very catchy songs.

Ludacris - I honestly think Ludacris is like... one of the best. Just like Outkast, his lyrics are always very witty/clever.

I disagree, he's quite generic. Just because he wrote a few meaningful lyrics about domestic violence doesn't make him a good lyricist

Lupe Fiasco - C'mon... it's Lupe Fiasco, I don't even need to explain why he's a very good rapper.

Jay-Z - Came back strong with American Gangster, the album, just like Blueprint and the Black Album, is a classic.

Honorable Mention: Cannabis. My friend just recently told me about him so it's not like I know much about his musical career but from the few songs I've heard, he's pretty good.

stevenk4k5

A few of the rappers that are undeniably good:

Del the Funky Homosapien: what needs to be said? If you don't know who he is.....wow, how could you even consider yourself a rap fan?

Mr. Lif: highly philisophical lyrics

Ghostface Killah: His style is beyond unique, and he spits vicious and true

MF Doom: Another highly innovative rapper, "metal face"

Blackstarr: Mos Def and Talib Kwali. Mos Def is certainly the better out of the two

There's mine, remember it's just opinion :wink:

stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 stevenk4k5
[QUOTE="stevenk4k5"]

I totally agree, his production skills are alright but his voice is annoying as hell

yeah

you're wrong, fiddy was never good

he's a hype rapper, but even in that catagory he sucks.

I haven't even heard of these guys :/

I disagree, he's quite generic. Just because he wrote a few meaningful lyrics about domestic violence doesn't make him a good lyricist

Kritical_Strike

A few of the rappers that are undeniably good:

Del the Funky Homosapien: what needs to be said? If you don't know who he is.....wow, how could you even consider yourself a rap fan?

Mr. Lif: highly philisophical lyrics

Ghostface Killah: His style is beyond unique, and he spits vicious and true

MF Doom: Another highly innovative rapper, "metal face"

Blackstarr: Mos Def and Talib Kwali. Mos Def is certainly the better out of the two

There's mine, remember it's just opinion :wink:

Swizz Beats is one guy, lol, but he's still horrible.

Truth_Seekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Truth_Seekr
Member since 2007 • 4214 Posts

Worst Rappers:

(Look at TC's list. I agree)

Best Rappers:

GZA/Genius
KRS ONE
Jeru the Damaja
Guru
Eric Sermon
Redman

edd678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 edd678
Member since 2006 • 3660 Posts

I dont really know if he's a rapper but the worst rapper or professional singer ever is Sean Paul.

His voice is annoying as hell and you cant even understanding what he is attempting to sing/rap

Frozen_Angel19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Frozen_Angel19
Member since 2003 • 1850 Posts
Well tbh, i cant stand rappers, i just dont get it i guess, it just sounds so annoying to me :O
borris_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 borris_1
Member since 2003 • 7181 Posts

IMO:

Worst = All gangster rappers. The 50 cent crowd, know what a'm sei'n?

Best = 64k

stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 stevenk4k5

I dont really know if he's a rapper but the worst rapper ever is Sean Paul.

His voice is annoying as hell and you cant even understanding what he is attempting to sing/rap

edd678

Yeah, he's a rapper, lol. Caused confusion because there is a Reggae artist named Sean Paul, too.

ChaosRyder665

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ChaosRyder665
Member since 2007 • 23244 Posts

Worst-Vanilla Ice

Best-Snoop Dogg and Kanye West

Kritical_Strike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kritical_Strike
Dizzee Rascal is another good Rapper. Although his lyrics are very hard to discern
Wilfred_Owen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#12 Wilfred_Owen
Member since 2005 • 20964 Posts

I only have a few rap CDs and there all by the same dude, at least the one speaking, MF DOOM. So hes the best.

stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 stevenk4k5

Worst-Vanilla Ice

ChaosRyder665

I'm hoping you mean OLD Snoop because new Snoop is definitely not in the top tier of rappers anymore. And Kanye is iffy. His songs are nice, he's great at sampling from other songs, but his lyrical skills are mediocre at best. Sometimes they downright don't make ANY kind of sense at all.

And yes, Vanilla Ice was bad.

stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 stevenk4k5

Dizzee Rascal is another good Rapper. Although his lyrics are very hard to discernKritical_Strike

And I only know one Dizzee Rascal song "Fix Up, Look Sharp". I can't understand what he's saying but I like the beat, lol (and the fact that it was in the movie Rize).

SuperDefekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 SuperDefekt
Member since 2005 • 4695 Posts

The worst: Lil Mama, Shop Boyz, Huey, Akon, Mims, + many more newcomers
Reason: They all sound the same, degrading, childish and materialistic. They all use the same cheap Casio-sounding patterns in their beats and breaks. Just another shameful attempt in grabbing money from audiences. God forbid they'd try something new.

The best: Lupe Fiasco, Nas, Jay-Z, 2Pac, Common.
Reason: Original and true to the genre.

Kritical_Strike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kritical_Strike
[QUOTE="ChaosRyder665"]

Worst-Vanilla Ice

stevenk4k5

I'm hoping you mean OLD Snoop because new Snoop is definitely not in the top tier of rappers anymore. And Kanye is iffy. His songs are nice, he's great at sampling from other songs, but his lyrical skills are mediocre at best. Sometimes they downright don't make ANY kind of sense at all.

Yeah, Kanye spends too much time whining about other rappers and such, and always ALWAYS uses a sample.

The only decent song from Snoop was Jin & Juice imo

stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 stevenk4k5
[QUOTE="stevenk4k5"][QUOTE="ChaosRyder665"]

Worst-Vanilla Ice

Kritical_Strike

Yeah, Kanye spends too much time whining about other rappers and such, and always ALWAYS uses a sample.

The only decent song from Snoop was Jin & Juice imo

Yeah, Kanye is very... arrogant.

LukePenfold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 LukePenfold
Member since 2007 • 233 Posts
best rapper britney spears lol
stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 stevenk4k5

best rapper britney spears lolLukePenfold

:|

wizard90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 wizard90
Member since 2007 • 1464 Posts
I think Kano is the best rapper. Outside of that it would be Dizzee Rascall.
TallicaFan2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 TallicaFan2005
Member since 2005 • 4126 Posts
The worst: BIG, he's just insanely pathetic.... The best: Lil' Wayne. Greatest rhymes ever, and killer hair.
best-gam3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 best-gam3r
Member since 2005 • 4553 Posts

Worst rapper - Mickey Avalon

Best Rapper - Eminem/Slim Shady

Truth_Seekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Truth_Seekr

It's true!!! 5 stars *****

stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 stevenk4k5

The worst: BIG, he's just insanely pathetic.... The best: Lil' Wayne. Greatest rhymes ever, and killer hair.TallicaFan2005

Insanely Pathetic? No. Insanely Overrated? Very much so. I don't even see how the whole 2Pac vs. Biggie thing went on in the 90's when it was quite obvious that 2Pac was in a completely different league than BIG.

And Lil' Wayne is alright sometimes. His songs when he is high are kinda wack but when he's sober he's really good at his craft. And yes, his hair is kool, if I had the patience I would get dreads but I don't like the whole idea of looking very rough and homely for a few months before they actually start to look halfway decent.

Truth_Seekr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Truth_Seekr

[QUOTE="LukePenfold"]best rapper britney spears lolstevenk4k5

:)

fixed

Kritical_Strike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Kritical_Strike

[QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"]The worst: BIG, he's just insanely pathetic.... The best: Lil' Wayne. Greatest rhymes ever, and killer hair.stevenk4k5

Insanely Pathetic? No. Insanely Overrated? Very much so. I don't even see how the whole 2Pac vs. Biggie thing went on in the 90's when it was quite obvious that 2Pac was in a completely other league than BIG.

And Lil' Wayne is alright sometimes. His songs when he is high are kinda wack but when he's sober he's really good at his craft. And yes, his hair is kool, if I had the patience I would get dreads but I don't like the whole idea of looking very rough and homely for a few months before they actually start to look halfway decent.

BIG is overrated because he's dead. Tis' a shame

stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 stevenk4k5
[QUOTE="stevenk4k5"]

[QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"]The worst: BIG, he's just insanely pathetic.... The best: Lil' Wayne. Greatest rhymes ever, and killer hair.Kritical_Strike

Insanely Pathetic? No. Insanely Overrated? Very much so. I don't even see how the whole 2Pac vs. Biggie thing went on in the 90's when it was quite obvious that 2Pac was in a completely other league than BIG.

We all have a way of talking a person up after death to try to make the situation better but it really just makes BIG look bad when compared to the true greats.

lazybone187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lazybone187
Member since 2007 • 283 Posts

i think kanye is overrated everybody thinks he is a genius but hes not. and as the worst rappers anything coming from the south they killing the game oo and the ringtone rappers too many to mention

oh and as for the best rapper for me has to be Big Pun R.I.P

he was the best and theres no telling how the game would have been today if he was still alive

solidgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 solidgamer
Member since 2005 • 7542 Posts

[QUOTE="Kritical_Strike"]Dizzee Rascal is another good Rapper. Although his lyrics are very hard to discernstevenk4k5

And I only know one Dizzee Rascal song "Fix Up, Look Sharp". I can't understand what he's saying but I like the beat, lol (and the fact that it was in the movie Rize).

dizzee has 3 albums out the first was one of my favourite albums of all time.

hes from our UK scence witch we call "Grime" its faster than rapping and different beats the reason you cant understand him is because our slang is different from yours and the accent lol.

Kritical_Strike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Kritical_Strike
[QUOTE="stevenk4k5"]

[QUOTE="Kritical_Strike"]Dizzee Rascal is another good Rapper. Although his lyrics are very hard to discernsolidgamer

hes from our UK scence witch we call "Grime" its faster than rapping and different beats the reason you cant understand him is because our slang is different from yours and the accent lol.

Isn't his accent a heavily moddified cockney accent? If I listen closely I don't have much trouble understanding because I'm used to British slang and accent.

lazybone187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lazybone187
Member since 2007 • 283 Posts

G.O.A.T.

solidgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 solidgamer
Member since 2005 • 7542 Posts
[QUOTE="solidgamer"][QUOTE="stevenk4k5"]

[QUOTE="Kritical_Strike"]Dizzee Rascal is another good Rapper. Although his lyrics are very hard to discernKritical_Strike

Isn't his accent a heavily moddified cockney accent? If I listen closely I don't have much trouble understanding because I'm used to British slang and accent.

yeah his accent is a mixture of british street slang from the urban culture of london and white cockney slang because hes from london just like me.

Judonwanit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Judonwanit
Member since 2005 • 1246 Posts
its Can-i-bus(Germain williams,Rip the jacker)He to me is single handedly the best rapper. Killah priest,Kool g rap,Jedi mind tricks,Mr. Lif,Louis Logic,NAS,R.a the rugged man,Ghostface,Jean grae, Immortal technique, Chief kamachi,Ras kass, Ruck of heltah skeltah(now sean price),Talib kweli,mf doom,Sons of man,Most of the AOTP cept for magic most hes sanitation,Atmosphere,Big pun,Buckshot,Chino XL etc etc
SkillzLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SkillzLife
Member since 2005 • 735 Posts
Where lil wayne at? he really stepped up his game. And even more stunning and shocking, and i am kind of ticked off that nobody has mentioned Tech N9ne!!! And the guy that said if you dont know who Del the Funky Homosapien your not a rap fan, is wrong, you probably listened to him before. but just like common people over look him cuz his lyrics too deep.. Speaking of that... Another Rapper that is good is Immortal Technique. -Amen
Judonwanit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Judonwanit
Lil wayne is annoying b, its aight to listen to his songs once and discard the mp3 because it becomes a neusance. But then again thats my opinion.
Judonwanit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Judonwanit
Saigon is pretty nice, cant forget mobb deep. Q-tip, the pharcyde, joel ortiz, rakim,dead prez,cnn in their prime,block rob in his prime,apani b, ali vegas in his prime.
Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#37 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
[QUOTE="Kritical_Strike"][QUOTE="stevenk4k5"]

[QUOTE="TallicaFan2005"]The worst: BIG, he's just insanely pathetic.... The best: Lil' Wayne. Greatest rhymes ever, and killer hair.stevenk4k5

We all have a way of talking a person up after death to try to make the situation better but it really just makes BIG look bad when compared to the true greats.

BIG was good but not as good as Pac. There was a clear line between east and west coast styles in the 90s.
B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 B05T0N
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
Nas is the GOAT. Others: Immortal Technique Rakim Brother Ali Talib Kweli Common Tragedy Khadafi Jedi Mind Tricks Canibus AZ Big L Ghostface Pharoahe Monch. Worst is 99% of radio rappers, especially Weezy.
Ilived

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ilived
Member since 2007 • 5516 Posts
Don't listen to rap but people do say Tupac is the best and I listened to some songs and I like em. I also like Nas.
Kritical_Strike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Kritical_Strike

Don't listen to rap but people do say Tupac is the best and I listened to some songs and I like em. I also like Nas.Ilived

Most people that say 2pac is the best are only familiar with mainstream rap (at least the people I've met).

stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 stevenk4k5

Saigon is pretty nice, cant forget mobb deep. Q-tip, the pharcyde, joel ortiz, rakim,dead prez,cnn in their prime,block rob in his prime,apani b, ali vegas in his prime.Judonwanit

Mobb Deep is cool, I like their old stuff way better than their newer stuff (as per every rapper/rap group that has been in the game for a while). My favorite Mobb Deep song is Get Away. I won't even say Shook Ones because everybody hopped on that song after they saw 8 Mile.

But Mobbb Deep has slipped since then and it's obvious.

stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 stevenk4k5

[QUOTE="Ilived"]Don't listen to rap but people do say Tupac is the best and I listened to some songs and I like em. I also like Nas.Kritical_Strike

Most people that say 2pac is the best are only familiar with mainstream rap (at least the people I've met).

Exactly. Even though 2 Pac was truly a gifted rapper, rap goes much deeper than what you hear on the radio. Some of the best rappers aren't even mainstream! The mainstream honestly makes rappers and floetrists soft as hell and I hate it. THeir songs lose the substance that they used to have before they got exposed to the mainstream. :(

memorials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 memorials
Member since 2007 • 438 Posts
Best: J Dilla , The Roots, Little Brother.
Worst: too many to name..
RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts

Top 3 for each

Best: Nas, Eminem, Redman

Worst: *insert any dirty south rappers here besides Scarface and Outkast*

BovinesOnPaska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BovinesOnPaska
Member since 2007 • 540 Posts
Worst : Soulja Boy,Eminem, T.I and 50 cent

Best : Ludacris, Dj Paul and Juicy J (three six mafia),Lil wyte, Project Pat, tupac ,Young Jeezy,Lupe Fiasco heck some many to name!!
stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 stevenk4k5

Best: J Dilla , The Roots, Little Brother.
Worst: too many to name..
memorials

Ah yes, J Dilla and The Roots! It's a shame that J Dilla passed away though but I listen to The Roots almost everyday, don't know how I forgot to put them on the good list.

B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 B05T0N
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
Worst : Soulja Boy,Eminem, T.I and 50 cent

Best : Ludacris, Dj Paul and Juicy J (three six mafia),Lil wyte, Project Pat, tupac ,Young Jeezy,Lupe Fiasco heck some many to name!!BovinesOnPaska

Funny, considering almost your entire list of best belongs with Soulja Crap in Worst.
3vg3ny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 3vg3ny
Member since 2007 • 145 Posts
I would deffinetly choose eminem as my favourite:D
digiram79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 digiram79
Member since 2007 • 251 Posts

stevenk4k5

Cannibus is a bad @ss MC. Pick up his first commercial album with the LL diss if you can find it. It's got some deep philosophical, scientific, political stuff in it.

As far as most of the stuff out today, it's all Hooks. There's really no need to even listen to the lyrics of the stuff that's blasted on the radio these days. 2step do that 2step...Superman that Ho!!! Every now and then some of the stuff from Lil Weez is quite humorous though.

Some of my favs are: Tupac and Biggie of course, Nas, Talib, Mos Def, Scarface, Guru, Rakim, Cannibus, and Common.