the world cup in the africa

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pukalal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Pukalal
Member since 2010 • 94 Posts

that the 2010 will be the beste year in many. why this? becus of the world cup coming to the africa. may happyness to the people of the nation of the south africa. many happyness to the fans. tha players too. football is the unity of the mankind. no football=no unity. many white can play in the team of many blacks and vicer verser too. notwithstanding. the greatest year in many will be 2010. maye you the gamespot men say no to this. why you say no? why? explain me? talk to me please.

CBR600-RR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 CBR600-RR
Member since 2008 • 9695 Posts

England are going to win. 8)

Pukalal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pukalal

england win now. england win then. england win now. england never win tournaments in the inturnashinul feater. why this? becus the pressur of the press too much for the young players in the team. always end same. always tears. never joy. the injurees to the england always bad too. owen today, roone last time maybe ferdinand too. why all the injury to the england?

MagikarpSplash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MagikarpSplash
Member since 2009 • 825 Posts

CBR600-RR
Hope so. As long as nobody gets injured we're in with a shot.
Bitter_Altmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bitter_Altmer
Member since 2010 • 356 Posts

CBR600-RR
Rofl. Good joke.Made my day. England will crumble like they always do, will not progress past quater finals and Spain or Brazil will win.
Pukalal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pukalal

[QUOTE="CBR600-RR"]

Bitter_Altmer

Rofl. Good joke.Made my day. England will crumble like they always do, will not progress past quater finals and Spain or Brazil will win.

you there. you there. you are right mistar. england with pressur=no win. no joys for the fan. all tears.

CBR600-RR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CBR600-RR

[QUOTE="CBR600-RR"]

Bitter_Altmer

How would you know? If our players actually try hard then we'll do well. I just hope Rooney pulls a beast of a header each game, one of the best players in the world.

Bitter_Altmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bitter_Altmer
[QUOTE="CBR600-RR"]

[QUOTE="Bitter_Altmer"][QUOTE="CBR600-RR"]

How would you know? If our players actually try hard then we'll do well. I just hope Rooney pulls a beast of a header each game, one of the best players in the world.

On paper you guys have probably the best team and yeah if Rooney is on form he'll be on fire. The media will destroy England again though.
CBR600-RR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CBR600-RR

[QUOTE="CBR600-RR"]

[QUOTE="Bitter_Altmer"] Rofl. Good joke.Made my day. England will crumble like they always do, will not progress past quater finals and Spain or Brazil will win.Bitter_Altmer

On paper you guys have probably the best team and yeah if Rooney is on form he'll be on fire. The media will destroy England again though.

As always, I heard of a guy in Fifa who said until he himself is retired, England will never will the world cup, they hate us.

MagikarpSplash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MagikarpSplash
[QUOTE="CBR600-RR"]

[QUOTE="Bitter_Altmer"] Rofl. Good joke.Made my day. England will crumble like they always do, will not progress past quater finals and Spain or Brazil will win.Bitter_Altmer

Better than Spain? No way. And that's coming from an English guy.
seansoutar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 seansoutar
Member since 2007 • 212 Posts

im so looking forward to it! Also since im living in south africa! :p It's gonna be epic!

Snakewiseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Snakewiseman
Member since 2009 • 1287 Posts

if soccer was more popular in the US and everyone played soccer growing up I am sure that we would be completly dominant over any country

kidsmelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kidsmelly
Member since 2009 • 5692 Posts

I'm the only person I know among friends and family that is excited for world cup soccer. One of the greatest sporting events. Its sad here where Im from its a pretty big city half a million in population. Yet when I went to the sports store to buy new B-ball shoes I decided to see if they had any USA soccer jersey they told me no we only carry team mexico jersey.

Anyways I will be routing for the US.

Bitter_Altmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bitter_Altmer
Better than Spain? No way. And that's coming from an English guy.MagikarpSplash
Thats not exactly fair.Spain have a great team, but so do England, its just that they can't work together as well.I'd say on paper they've got around the same quality. Teamwork is a very underrated aspect of football.These days its all about what names you have in your squad.Its a reason why I stopped supporting club football and just watch it now.
CBR600-RR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CBR600-RR

if soccer was more popular in the US and everyone played soccer growing up I am sure that we would be completly dominant over any country

Snakewiseman

I seriously doubt that.

MagikarpSplash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MagikarpSplash
[QUOTE="MagikarpSplash"]Better than Spain? No way. And that's coming from an English guy.Bitter_Altmer
Thats not exactly fair.Spain have a great team, but so do England, its just that they can't work together as well.I'd say on paper they've got around the same quality. Teamwork is a very underrated aspect of football.These days its all about what names you have in your squad.Its a reason why I stopped supporting club football and just watch it now.

Good point, but I think most would agree that Spain have an overall more talented squad. England have been working well as a team since Capello joined, but I can't look past Spain winning it tbh.
Bitter_Altmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bitter_Altmer
[QUOTE="Bitter_Altmer"][QUOTE="MagikarpSplash"]Better than Spain? No way. And that's coming from an English guy.MagikarpSplash

Good point, but I think most would agree that Spain have an overall more talented squad. England have been working well as a team since Capello joined, but I can't look past Spain winning it tbh.

Yep.Thats why I think Spain will win.I wouldn't mind seeing England win, I'll be supporting them from Ireland seeing as a certain white flag fanatic nation cheated us out.
gamedude2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gamedude2020
Member since 2004 • 3795 Posts

If there was a media blackout in the UK and we kept the whole England squad in cryogenic chambers for 6 months before the tournament, then England might stand a chance of getting past the quarter final.

gubrushadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gubrushadow
Member since 2009 • 2735 Posts
go braziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllll.
one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

No team to cheer for:(

ElMikeO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ElMikeO
Member since 2003 • 494 Posts
I think this year when we say "England will win", we can actually believe we can instead of the usual blind hope. I've noticed from previous years when we've not had a chance, I used to be all "England are going to win it, I know it!" whereas this year its kind of "Y'know.. We could actually win this.."
barcx17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 barcx17
Member since 2008 • 3782 Posts

Rooting for Mexico all the way. 8)

gamedude2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gamedude2020

I think this year when we say "England will win", we can actually believe we can instead of the usual blind hope. I've noticed from previous years when we've not had a chance, I used to be all "England are going to win it, I know it!" whereas this year its kind of "Y'know.. We could actually win this.."ElMikeO

No, people said exactly the same thing in 2006 and we had a better team back then, then we have now. The players were at their peak and if Rooney and Owen hadn't got injured, England would have done alot better.

6_volts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 6_volts
Member since 2008 • 5520 Posts

Snakewiseman

Umm not really.

Snakewiseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Snakewiseman
[QUOTE="CBR600-RR"]

[QUOTE="Snakewiseman"]

I seriously doubt that.

whats there to doubt that all our best athletes play basketball, football and baseball
gamedude2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gamedude2020

[QUOTE="CBR600-RR"]

[QUOTE="Snakewiseman"]

Snakewiseman

I seriously doubt that.

whats there to doubt that all our best athletes play basketball, football and baseball

I actually agree with you. The USA has the resources, population, and infrastructure to be a football superpower, but they are too busy with Handegg right now

-Absinthe-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#27 -Absinthe-
Member since 2008 • 4181 Posts

[QUOTE="Snakewiseman"][QUOTE="CBR600-RR"]

I seriously doubt that.

gamedude2020

I actually agree with you. The USA has the resources, population, and infrastructure to be a football superpower, but they are too busy with Handegg right now

I don't think they have the knowledge of the game that Europe and South America has though. Maybe they could become a big footballing nation but not in the near future.

gamedude2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gamedude2020

[QUOTE="gamedude2020"]

[QUOTE="Snakewiseman"] whats there to doubt that all our best athletes play basketball, football and baseball-Absinthe-

I don't think they have the knowledge of the game that Europe and South America has though. Maybe they could become a big footballing nation but not in the near future.

They also need to have a league system as strong as Europe.

Snakewiseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Snakewiseman

thebig reason america doesnt have a great soccer program is because there is no time for commercials thats how they make all there money

taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts

I'm rooting for the United States! :D

Lets hope we can actually do something in the world cup this time around though :P

ProudLarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 ProudLarry
Member since 2004 • 13511 Posts

I'm really hoping that the US, Algeria and/or Slovenia can upset England, and keep them from moving beyond group play. The meltdown would be amazing to watch.

gamedude2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gamedude2020

thebig reason america doesnt have a great soccer program is because there is no time for commercials thats how they make all there money

Snakewiseman

thats a good point. The Premier League makes millions from TV deals, but the MLS won't until the quality of football gets better and that won't happen until more European and African players start playing in America.

MagikarpSplash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MagikarpSplash

[QUOTE="Snakewiseman"]

gamedude2020

thats a good point. The Premier League makes millions from TV deals, but the MLS won't until the quality of football gets better and that won't happen until more European and African players start playing in America.

Which won't happen because all of the major competitions are european.
ProudLarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 ProudLarry
Member since 2004 • 13511 Posts

[QUOTE="Snakewiseman"]

gamedude2020

I think that is because there really isn't any more "room" for another major professional sport in the US. it might one day get close to Basketball and Ice Hockey, but I can't imagine it even getting close to American Football or even Baseball, in terms of popularity. Americans are just distracted by too many other sports.
Avatar image for Ultimate-Basicz
Ultimate-Basicz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ultimate-Basicz
Member since 2010 • 663 Posts
[QUOTE="Snakewiseman"][QUOTE="CBR600-RR"]

[QUOTE="Snakewiseman"]

I seriously doubt that.

America would be one of the strongest countrys for the game but no country will ever dominate football since its to popular in all countrys and they all put in a lot of money in for resources
SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#36 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

I don't see Spain winning the cup, not at all, maybe progressing to the semi's, but I think that the trophy belongs to Brazil or England

I also wish that my home team (Serbia) does well in the tournament ^^