The Walking Dead Season 3 *Spoilers*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 michaelP4
Member since 2004 • 16681 Posts
Excellent start to the first season. I'm wary that season 2 started out good but became slow moving during the middle part with the search of Sophia - hopefully that doesn't happen this time. So, I think we can all agree that Rick was right to kill the jail survivors' leader - but was he right to pursue the other guy with the bat who took a swing at him? Ultimately I would have done the same thing as Rick but when I think about it: he probably did that as an automatic reaction to his leader being killed. I would have been open to perhaps saving him and integrating him into my own group, but of course, the thought of those three prisoners becoming too powerful or influential would be at the back of my mind and so it's probably easier to have just two to deal with, in which it's less likely for them to rebel. What does OT think? I honestly think Shane is alive in Rick now - he's became far more realist and survivalist - memorably saying "This is not a democracy! You're either with me or against me!" in Season 2.
jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts

pRick did what he had to. There's no way he was going to go through another Shane-esque conflict. The second guy was a bit iffy. I think he would have calmed down, but Rick wasn't going to risk that.

Edit: for some reason I can't get rid of this rogue p at the beginning, even when I edit it. For the record I don't think Rick is a prick.

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

I thought that the prisoner attempted to hit Rick with the bat. I don't know if it was just because he was scared or if it was because he was on the side of the dead prison leader. However I think Rick was in the right. I love how his character is getting much darker.

michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 michaelP4
I love how his character is getting much darker.muller39
Definitely. I thought he was quite shallow in the first two seasons but in Season 3, he has filled up the gap left by Shane, no doubt.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e97585ea928c
deactivated-5e97585ea928c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 deactivated-5e97585ea928c
Member since 2006 • 8521 Posts
Ill watch the show when they mke carl a bad ass like.he is.in.the.book
jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jim_shorts
Ill watch the show when they mke carl a bad ass like.he is.in.the.bookFrostyPhantasm
He's certainly getting there.
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
I love how his character is getting much darker.muller39
If the show continues to follow the comic's plot, which it actually more or less is, you might find he gets pretty excessive. :P
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
I'm waiting for the black guy to still have relevance.
Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sajo7
I'm waiting for the black guy to still have relevance. Fightingfan
At least he gets to have lines now, and whoever decided to name the black guy "T-Dog" needs to be chased around a dark corridor by an enraged sheriff.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]I'm waiting for the black guy to still have relevance. Sajo7
At least he gets to have lines now, and whoever decided to name the black guy "T-Dog" needs to be chased around a dark corridor by an enraged sheriff.

He'll probably end up dying since he left his old ideology.

[spoiler] images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgmylmqST4-oX1rD39joV [/spoiler]

Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sajo7

[QUOTE="Sajo7"][QUOTE="Fightingfan"]I'm waiting for the black guy to still have relevance. Fightingfan

Well they killed off Dale, a character who actually does things, so that doesn't bode well for T-Dog (shudder) and Carol.
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts
[QUOTE="muller39"] I love how his character is getting much darker.Sajo7
If the show continues to follow the comic's plot, which it actually more or less is, you might find he gets pretty excessive. :P

I won't mind it at all then.
Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#13 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

The first 2 seasons had their moments but as a whole were far too slow moving. This season has already proved that it won't make that mistake again. By killing off the prisoner right away and so out of the blue it not only makes for gripping entertaiment but also something that doesn't drag.

I expect the show to slow down as it enters it's second episode but it should be good stuff nonetheless.

Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#14 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]

[QUOTE="Sajo7"] At least he gets to have lines now, and whoever decided to name the black guy "T-Dog" needs to be chased around a dark corridor by an enraged sheriff.Sajo7

Well they killed off Dale, a character who actually does things, so that doesn't bode well for T-Dog (shudder) and Carol.

T-Dog is only alive because Merle is yet to return
bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
Rick is becoming a great character. The absence of Shane finally forces him to be a realist not just the good guy all the time. The Season has been great so far, I love the pacing
michaelP4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 michaelP4
At least T-Dog has a place in Rick's inner circle - and certainly seems quite proficient in dealing with walkers. He definitely seems reliable and loyal - not so sure about Daryl. Disappointed Hershel will probably leave us by the looks of it - honestly would have been better for him to go down defending his farm rather than by a cheap bite from a walker.
jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jim_shorts
[QUOTE="michaelP4"]At least T-Dog has a place in Rick's inner circle - and certainly seems quite proficient in dealing with walkers. He definitely seems reliable and loyal - not so sure about Daryl. Disappointed Hershel will probably leave us by the looks of it - honestly would have been better for him to go down defending his farm rather than by a cheap bite from a walker.

It looked to me like they implied Hershel would be okay based on the last episode.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#18 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
I don't know why everyone hates Lori so much honestly...just sayin' Also, I think Rick should have at least brought the two prisoners over to their side...or at least the blonde one.
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

So far so good and I agree, Rick has gotten darker. Perhaps necessary in order to mantain the group and defend against potential threats.

The prisoners were a threat but after their numbers were reduced, they're not a significant threat. But the governor is coming, that's for sure!

I really need to read the comics.