The Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers inside)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#201 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

[QUOTE="Swanogt19"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]

I think it's officially time for Carl to get ripped apart by zombies. So sick of this wannabe badass 10 year old. Anyone else agree?

Pirate700

Yes. Him and Lori can go. Why the hell did they kill off the fat prisoner? He seemed like a cool guy.

I'm surprised they didn't save the dude with the stache. He seemed like he didn't want any trouble.

They did save him... Also about Carl and Lori, I think killing them off would be terrible. If anyone should go it should be Carol. She hasn't got much to go for anyway.
Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#202 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1520211/

Whats with the episode counts on some character/actors, it seems off. I could very be wrong, but could that possibly be spoiler for when they get axed or is imdb just putting some random number of eps for the time being.

Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#203 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="Swanogt19"] Yes. Him and Lori can go. Why the hell did they kill off the fat prisoner? He seemed like a cool guy.ShadowsDemon

I'm surprised they didn't save the dude with the stache. He seemed like he didn't want any trouble.

They did save him... Also about Carl and Lori, I think killing them off would be terrible. If anyone should go it should be Carol. She hasn't got much to go for anyway.

Really? For the first time in the series she has something to do.
-Tish-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#204 -Tish-
Member since 2007 • 3624 Posts

Whats with the episode counts on some character/actors, it seems off. I could very be wrong, but could that possibly be spoiler for when they get axed or is imdb just putting some random number of eps for the time being.

Bikouchu35

No because for Maggie's character it says 20 episodes. The 21st episode was on Sunday and she's still alive...

Besides, there's gonna be 16 episodes this season. Not sure why the maximun on there is 27.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Bikouchu35

[QUOTE="Bikouchu35"]

-Tish-

No because for Maggie's character it says 20 episodes. The 21st episode was on Sunday and she's still alive...

Besides, there's gonna be 16 episodes this season. Not sure why the maximun on there is 27.

... Well she wasn't in season 1 :P

Though I still find that weird that certain characters are cut short from the cream of the crop but than again is imdb.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]I'm surprised they didn't save the dude with the stache. He seemed like he didn't want any trouble.Sajo7

Really? For the first time in the series she has something to do.

Well after everything she's been through there isn't much for to live for...
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#207 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

So...the governor was pretty awesome!

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#208 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

PhazonBlazer

I'm liking the tv adaptation of him as well. Glad they revealed his nature in this episode instead of dragging it out.

mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts

PhazonBlazer

Eh, I need to see more honestly. I mean, on one hand they did show both sides of him, but I don't know. I guess I was just expecting more of something. Merle though, that made the episode alright in my eyes. And they explained the chopper finally, which was great. The next episode looks pretty crazy though, so I'm pretty excited for that one.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 ShadowsDemon
I can't wait to see the next episode. :D
MacBoomStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 MacBoomStick
Member since 2011 • 1822 Posts

So why did the Governorkill all of the the army guys who could of helped guard the camp? And why does he keep all of those heads?

jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#212 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts

It seems like not a lot happened in this episode. You could tell they were setting up for future episodes.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 CommanderShiro

So why did the Governorkill all of the the army guys who could of helped guard the camp? And why does he keep all of those heads?

MacBoomStick

1. The Governor kills anyone who is a threat to his leadership of Woodbury. He wants their supplies all to himself and his inner circle. And his lies about their deaths to the town, allow them to continue fearing the outside world. They'll continue seeing him as a savior. He is big manipulator

2. He is a psychopath

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#214 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

MacBoomStick

I think it has something to do with him wanting authority over the people. If he brought in all of these military guys they could go against him and maybe some of the people will follow the military guys cause they know what they're doing.

It might also be that he wants to keep the people in Woodbury by making them see that it's hopeless to live outside the walls.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 CommanderShiro

[QUOTE="MacBoomStick"]

PhazonBlazer

I think it has something to do with him wanting authority over the people. If he brought in all of these military guys they could go against him and maybe some of the people will follow the military guys cause they know what they're doing.

It might also be that he wants to keep the people in Woodbury by making them see that it's hopeless to live outside the walls.

This. You worded it much better than me.

C_Glass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 C_Glass
Member since 2010 • 259 Posts

It seems like not a lot happened in this episode. You could tell they were setting up for future episodes.

jim_shorts

Yea it was pretty boring, the black girl has zero characterizaiton and blondy isn't a very stimulating character to begin with, it was fun getting merle's reaction to what happened to the group, but beyond that it was a very boring episode.

MacBoomStick

My impression was that the army probably killed his family or something, the scene shifted from him looking at their family portrait, to him staring at those heads. Looked like he has an axe to grind with army personnel.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#217 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

So the Governor has a collection of heads...

That's nice... not.

I really need to read the comics.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 Bikouchu35

................. Wow what a great way to end the ep... displaying the gov. as a psycho.

Better pacing than season 2 so far.

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

Good set up episode but I cannot stand Andrea. The preview for the next episode looks unbelievably awesome though.

Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

I just finished season 1 and 2 on Netflix, series was kind of "meh" for me, didn't see anything particularly special about the series. The new season any better, like does it drop alot of the unnecessary and rather stupid drama from the other seasons?

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 ShadowsDemon

[QUOTE="MacBoomStick"]

PhazonBlazer

I'd say the second sentence was more accurate myself.
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts
Cool episode. I like the Governator. He's only doing what is necessary to stay alive and protect his community. So what if he lies to the people? It's to their benefit. The military would've presented an immediate threat to his leadership, would've become a burden on already scant resources, and could've very easily had the ability to split the community apart. Demented as he is, him taking charge was working from what I saw. I didn't see anyone complaining or leaving. He even said they were free to go, with a vehicle if they wanted (though who knows if he was being genuine...I doubt it). In ruthless times, ruthless measures are required. About the heads: yea, he's a little screwed up, let him have his trophies. I suspect he lost his wife and daughter to the walkers so it's understandable. If I don't trust anybody, it's Daryll's brother. He needs to be exiled ASAP. I'm really looking forward to see where this leads.
l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts
I don't know how to feel about the governor. On the one hand, I can see the logical reasons behind all the decisions he's made, but on the other, many of his decisions goes against my philosophy.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

The episode sucked, IMO. Just a filler episode. I hope they get back to the regular story and group asap. I have zero interest in this large town of survivors. The charm of the show is the small group.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 CommanderShiro

Good set up episode but I cannot stand Andrea.

muller39

I absolutely hate how the tv writers decided to portray Andrea.

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 muller39

[QUOTE="muller39"]

Good set up episode but I cannot stand Andrea.

CommanderShiro

I absolutely hate how the tv writers decided to portray Andrea.

I haven't read the comics but I am glad to hear that she isn't like that in them. She's just awful in the tv series.
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 muller39

The episode sucked, IMO. Just a filler episode. I hope they get back to the regular story and group asap. I have zero interest in this large town of survivors. The charm of the show is the small group.

Pirate700
At least from the preview of next episode they will go back to the main group for the most part.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

muller39

At least from the preview of next episode they will go back to the main group for the most part.

Right but I'm concerned they're splitting the stories up and I HATE when that happens. Once epiode is this group. the next is that group. Bleh. I hope the story with this new town is short lived.

MacBoomStick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 MacBoomStick
Member since 2011 • 1822 Posts

[QUOTE="muller39"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Pirate700

Right but I'm concerned they're splitting the stories up and I HATE when that happens. Once epiode is this group. the next is that group. Bleh. I hope the story with this new town is short lived.

It looks like next week will be both groups.
bigfoot2045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 bigfoot2045
Member since 2012 • 732 Posts

Pirate700

It's not a filler episode. Woodbury and the Governor are MASSIVELY important in the comics.

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 muller39

Pirate700

I wish it was short lived as well. But I think it will last the whole season culminating in Rick vs the Governor and Daryl vs Merle.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

bigfoot2045

It's not a filler episode. Woodbury and the Governor are MASSIVELY important in the comics.

Since it's in the comics, can you tell me in a spoiler tag how long this Governer/town story lasts?

Jing16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Jing16
Member since 2006 • 14363 Posts

Pirate700

The Governor and Woodbury arc is pretty long. And its anything but filler. Its canon to the comics, except with Andrea and Michonne being there.
Jing16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 Jing16

[QUOTE="bigfoot2045"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Pirate700

Since it's in the comics, can you tell me in a spoiler tag how long this Governer/town story lasts?

it lasts from [spoiler] volume 5-8 in the books. So the next few seasons is gonna be about the prison and Woodbury. [/spoiler]

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="bigfoot2045"]

Jing16

it lasts from [spoiler] volume 5-8 in the books. So the next few seasons is gonna be about the prison and Woodbury. [/spoiler]

I'm not happy to hear this. My biggest pet peave in shows is split stories. Thanks for the info though.

Jing16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Jing16

This is actually what everyone who read the comics has been waiting for. [spoiler] Rick and the Governor do meet, probably at the end of this run. This is one of the biggest conflicts on the series by far. [/spoiler]

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts
Great episode
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Pirate700

This is actually what everyone who read the comics has been waiting for. [spoiler] Rick and the Governor do meet, probably at the end of this run. This is one of the biggest conflicts on the series by far. [/spoiler]

Jing16

Can you tell me in another spoiler if it ever goes back to just the regular group again without spoling too much?

Jing16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Jing16

[spoiler] Yes it does. But things arent the same after. [/spoiler]

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 Pirate700

[spoiler] Yes it does. But things arent the same after. [/spoiler]

Jing16

Thanks man. :)

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

Pirate700

I would have liked to see at least something of what was going on back in the Prison even if it was only for one block of the show. I feel this episode was definitely something they(they being the writers, producers) felt needed to be done to establish for the future. I expect for a while at least, for the episodes to go back to focusing on Rick and the group with cuts to the Governor etc.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 CommanderShiro

I haven't read the comics but I am glad to hear that she isn't like that in them. She's just awful in the tv series.muller39
In the comics she isn't some /suicidal emotional train wreck that gets easily manipulated. Shes a total badass in the comics.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

[QUOTE="muller39"]I haven't read the comics but I am glad to hear that she isn't like that in them. She's just awful in the tv series.CommanderShiro

In the comics she isn't some /suicidal emotional train wreck that gets easily manipulated. Shes a total badass in the comics.

And she does it with Dale. Also she lost her sister and a close father figure so it does make sense that she's emotionally messed up.

Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Sajo7

So far I'm pretty glad with the small comic changes. I think this Governor is much better than the super sketchy looking one from the comics. [spoiler] Although I'm hoping they change up what happens to Michonne, it could've been done well but the comic made a big mess of that whole affair. Also it looks like Rick is going to keep both his hands. :P [/spoiler]

Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Sajo7

[QUOTE="muller39"]I haven't read the comics but I am glad to hear that she isn't like that in them. She's just awful in the tv series.CommanderShiro

I could deal with emotional, but like most of the TV version characters, they made her make stupid, nonsensical, infuriating decisions. At least everyone in their new season 3 forms (except Carl) has regained some common sense.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 ShadowsDemon

Pirate700
I agree on that. The real story is with the other group.
Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#247 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts

Anyone else expecting a zombie baby?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts
What's the deal with the samurai chick? Does she do anything other than look angry and suspicious all the time? They haven't begun to develop her character at all.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 ShadowsDemon

Anyone else expecting a zombie baby?

Alter_Echo
Not me. :P