The Walking Dead Season 3 Discussion (Spoilers inside)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#101 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts

Carl was a little too much of a bad-a** during the premier. But whatever. Maybe he'll get eaten to make up for it this Sunday.

airshocker
That would be awesome! The kid is so damn annoying.
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts
Since when are zombies smart enough to pretend to be dead and then wait for people to walk by to bite their legs? That's against the rules.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="Pikdum"]

They kind of did show some character progression with Carl in the second season. I remember seeing him mature some. He shot zombie Shane in the head at the end of S2.

Swanogt19

I don't really like the huge jump between season 2-3. When season 3 started, the crew was almost unrecognizable with much they had changed and evolved along with the new gear, etc.

I agree. It would be nice if we would learn somethings. Like where they got all these silencers.

It looks like they made the silencers themselves. Carl's is like some cone thing and Rick's is made out of a mag lite.

rocinante_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 rocinante_
Member since 2012 • 1772 Posts

i know it's a zombie show based on a comic, but the way the survivors are easily able to behead/mutilate the infected with casual motions kinda irks me (like the scene where some of them are behind a fence using pipes and whatnot to stab the zombies right through their head on the other side). i'm guessing the explanation is that the zombies' flesh is so decomposed that it's easy to slice through, but that doesn't really explain slicing through bone. idk. still a great episode, and i'm already liking the characterizations more than what we saw in the later half of last season.

mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#105 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts

Maybe it's because I've read the comic books and I'm aware that they substituted what happened to a character they left out of series with Hershel so I have a general idea of what's going to happen.

I feel like the last time I was genuinely interested in what they were going to do was when they were in the bar.

Also, how did the guys in suits get turned? They were hard enough to kill with weapons, I question how they were killed by walkers through that much gear. I know they'll turn if they just die, but I doubt they would have died of natural causes with those suits on.

HybridPhoenix

You mean with..[spoiler] Allen? They're changing things up so it's not really set it stone. Very possible; but who is to say. [/spoiler] Shane after all, lived much longer than originally, which was probably for the best as to give the series an antagonist that made sense.

The riot gear staff probably turned from bites to the leg, arm, or just under the mask. If they got over run, and toppled, the walkers could have easily been fiddling around the helmet, managing to get a scratch or bite around the neck or collar bone. Not to mention zombies have commonly had this idea of super strength, with my understanding being that they aren't mentally restricted to go the extra mile when it comes to a meal being dead center. It's almost similar to people with a huge dose of adrenaline when family is in danger.

I can agree with some people though. While I didn't mind that carl is efficient (or rather...very efficient), a simple explanation would be welcoming during a conversation with Rick & Carl or something. Carol as well... That bugged me alot more than Carl.

Avatar image for SonyNintendoFan
SonyNintendoFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 SonyNintendoFan
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts
Were those inmates at the end? or other strangers? i can't remember.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Pirate700

So how are the zombies in the prison still alive? The zombies still need to eat to live and they said the prison turned early on. This would mean they hadn't eaten in, what, around a year?

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#108 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

So how are the zombies in the prison still alive? The zombies still need to eat to live and they said the prison turned early on. This would mean they hadn't eaten in, what, around a year?

Pirate700

According to the wiki, they don't really need flesh to stay alive; however, they will rot to a point where they're not much of a threat.

Perhaps some zombies were eating some unlucky survivors?

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

leviathan91

According to the wiki, they don't really need flesh to stay alive; however, they will rot to a point where they're not much of a threat.

They couldn't have been eating survivors because the guard still had the keys on him.

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 leviathan91

[QUOTE="leviathan91"]

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Pirate700

They couldn't have been eating survivors because the guard still had the keys on him.

Maybe there were still some survivors in the prison?

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#111 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
Great episode, but I knew that.... [spoiler] When Herschel was biten they were gonna cut off his leg....God that was a brutal scene. And finding alive inmates? Really? [/spoiler]
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="leviathan91"]

leviathan91

Maybe there were still some survivors in the prison?

They would have been locked up.

Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Swanogt19
[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]Great episode, but I knew that.... [spoiler] When Herschel was biten they were gonna cut off his leg....God that was a brutal scene. And finding alive inmates? Really? [/spoiler]

Just following the comic.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="Swanogt19"][QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]Great episode, but I knew that.... [spoiler] When Herschel was biten they were gonna cut off his leg....God that was a brutal scene. And finding alive inmates? Really? [/spoiler]

Obviously, considering it's based on the comic...
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Swanogt19
[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="Swanogt19"][QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]Great episode, but I knew that.... [spoiler] When Herschel was biten they were gonna cut off his leg....God that was a brutal scene. And finding alive inmates? Really? [/spoiler]

Then obviously you shouldn't expect the show to do something realistic :roll:
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="Swanogt19"][QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="Swanogt19"] Just following the comic.

Then obviously you shouldn't expect the show to do something realistic :roll:

It's a zombie show. What part of is supposed to be realistic? :P
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#117 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

Hershel worries me. I loved the season premiere.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Pirate700

DeadMan1290

Same. He's my second favorite character. Missing a foot though, the outlook isn't good for him sticking around long.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

Spoiler

[spoiler] Was that Darrell's brother at the end? [/spoiler]

airshocker

That's a good question.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 DeadMan1290

[QUOTE="DeadMan1290"]

Pirate700

Same. He's my second favorite character. Missing a foot though, the outlook isn't good for him sticking around long.

When the guys went out to look for supplies I didn't like the idea of them taking him. He should've stayed with Lori and the others.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="DeadMan1290"]

DeadMan1290

When the guys went out to look for supplies I didn't like the idea of them taking him. He should've stayed with Lori and the others.

Yeah. Leaving Carl as the last guy wasn't such a good idea after all...
Avatar image for ChampionoChumps
ChampionoChumps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 ChampionoChumps
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts
[QUOTE="muller39"][QUOTE="ChampionoChumps"][QUOTE="muller39"] I fail to see how it was boring. Dialogue was very minimal. But you are entitled to your opinion.

I don't know, it just failed to hold my interest. Not really sure why, it had all the elements to be exciting. Afterwards I talked to all of my friends and they had similar opinions.

Lori and Carl probably killed it for you. I can't decide which one I dislike more.

Yea, as horrible as it is to say, I hope they die next.
C_Glass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 C_Glass
Member since 2010 • 259 Posts

Since when are zombies smart enough to pretend to be dead and then wait for people to walk by to bite their legs? That's against the rules. DaBrainz
This is what pisses me off about this series there are WAAAY too many stealth/teleporting zombies that just pop out of no where, now add playing possum to the list.

Still not as bad as the teleporting zombies, I especially hate the one that jumped dale in a friggin FIELD.

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts
[QUOTE="ChampionoChumps"][QUOTE="muller39"][QUOTE="ChampionoChumps"] I don't know, it just failed to hold my interest. Not really sure why, it had all the elements to be exciting. Afterwards I talked to all of my friends and they had similar opinions.

Lori and Carl probably killed it for you. I can't decide which one I dislike more.

But which one first is the conundrum.
D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#126 D3nnyCrane
Member since 2007 • 12058 Posts

[QUOTE="DaBrainz"]Since when are zombies smart enough to pretend to be dead and then wait for people to walk by to bite their legs? That's against the rules. C_Glass

This is what pisses me off about this series there are WAAAY too many stealth/teleporting zombies that just pop out of no where, now add playing possum to the list.

Still not as bad as the teleporting zombies, I especially hate the one that jumped dale in a friggin FIELD.

Hah, the one that couldn't get one leg out of the mud when Carl found it but somehow stealthed and overpowerd and freakin' RIPPED A MAN OPEN WITH IT'S BARE HANDS when necessary? And yeah I applaud the series being a bit more action themed to start, but at the risk of being impossible to please - the action felt a bit dull. There was no tension or build to it, even when the riot cop gear wearing zeds showed up. Everyone was just happily dispatching every zed in the perfect spot every time. And the thing that annoys me most is - I KNOW Merle's coming back, which is f*cking awesome. but I bet it won't be for a while, and when they do it will be the last 15 seconds of an episode and I'll have to wait even longer.
HybridPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 HybridPhoenix
Member since 2007 • 3598 Posts
[QUOTE="muller39"][QUOTE="ChampionoChumps"][QUOTE="muller39"] Lori and Carl probably killed it for you. I can't decide which one I dislike more.

Carl is fixable, Lori should go.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Pirate700

[QUOTE="DaBrainz"]Since when are zombies smart enough to pretend to be dead and then wait for people to walk by to bite their legs? That's against the rules. C_Glass

I think they're supposed to be resting or something like that. I don't think they're playing possum

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 muller39
[QUOTE="HybridPhoenix"][QUOTE="muller39"][QUOTE="ChampionoChumps"] Yea, as horrible as it is to say, I hope they die next.

Death by her own baby being a zombie would be sweet.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Pirate700

[QUOTE="HybridPhoenix"][QUOTE="muller39"] But which one first is the conundrum.muller39

I think that's gonna happen. She said she thinks she lost it. Then Carl can roll in SWAT style and blow her away like the 10 year old badass he is.

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 muller39

[QUOTE="muller39"][QUOTE="HybridPhoenix"] Carl is fixable, Lori should go.Pirate700

I think that's gonna happen. She said she thinks she lost it. Then Carl can roll in SWAT style and blow her away like the 10 year old badass he is.

I like that idea. Carl would redeem himself by killing his mom and brother or sister.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="muller39"] Death by her own baby being a zombie would be sweet.muller39

I like that idea. Carl would redeem himself by killing his mom and brother or sister.

And then while he's blowing the smoke off his little cap gun, a herd of zombies burst through the window and rip him apart.

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 muller39

[QUOTE="muller39"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]I think that's gonna happen. She said she thinks she lost it. Then Carl can roll in SWAT style and blow her away like the 10 year old badass he is.

Pirate700

And then while he's blowing the smoke off his little cap gun, a herd of zombies burst through the window and rip him apart.

Would be the best episode ever!
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="muller39"] I like that idea. Carl would redeem himself by killing his mom and brother or sister.muller39

They should make me lead writer. I'll take the show to new heights. :P

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 muller39

[QUOTE="muller39"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]And then while he's blowing the smoke off his little cap gun, a herd of zombies burst through the window and rip him apart.

Pirate700

They should make me lead writer. I'll take the show to new heights. :P

I'm up for that! Send in your resume and let's get things crackin.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
I watched a 5-hour marathon last night so I could watch the (recorded) season premier without being confused. I was like :shock: when... [spoiler] they found inmates who were still among the living. [/spoiler] :D
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 leviathan91

While we're talking about Lori's baby...

[spoiler] I haven't read the comics but apparently Lori's baby was born and she came out alright so I doubt there'll be some twist that the baby is a zombie. Also, the virus affects those who die so... how can a baby die in the female's womb? Unless my knowledge on human anatomy is wrong, I just don't see that theory as legitimate. [/spoiler]

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 The-Apostle

[spoiler] I haven't read the comics but apparently Lori's baby was born and she came out alright so I doubt there'll be some twist that the baby is a zombie. Also, the virus affects those who die so... how can a baby die in the female's womb? Unless my knowledge on human anatomy is wrong, I just don't see that theory as legitimate. [/spoiler]

leviathan91

There's always the belief that the baby is a living person inside the womb, you know... I'd say they wouldn't have a baby/child die like that, except........

[spoiler] we all know what happened to Sophia... [/spoiler]

leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 leviathan91

[QUOTE="leviathan91"]

The-Apostle

There's always the belief that the baby is a living person inside the womb, you know... I'd say they wouldn't have a baby/child die like that, except........

Yes but...

[spoiler] We're talking about the person inside the womb and whether that person is technically alive. I'm also taking in consideration of the comics since the baby was born and she was normal.

And what does Sophia have to do with anything? Okay unrelated but I really want to know how Sophia was bit. [/spoiler]

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 The-Apostle

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"]

[QUOTE="leviathan91"]

leviathan91

Yes but...

[spoiler] We're talking about the person inside the womb and whether that person is technically alive. I'm also taking in consideration of the comics since the baby was born and she was normal.

And what does Sophia have to do with anything? Okay unrelated but I really want to know how Sophia was bit. [/spoiler]

My only problem with...

[spoiler] the zombiefied baby idea is it doesn't have teeth. And even so, how strong can a zombie baby be in order to break out of its mother's womb? And I mentioned Sophia because she turned though she was a child. I just figured in today's age of political correctness, someone would have a problem with that. [/spoiler]

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 DeadMan1290

The real problem is, how is it that when someone dies they instantly become a walker? Look at Shane and Randall....

CKYguy25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 CKYguy25
Member since 2012 • 2087 Posts

i love this show

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts

The real problem is, how is it that when someone dies they instantly become a walker? Look at Shane and Randall....

DeadMan1290
this was explained [spoiler] everyone is already infected. everyone who dies turns into a walker unless it was a shot to the head, i believe. the bite from the zombies just gives you a fever that kills you. [/spoiler]
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Swanogt19

leviathan91
Yes that is true. So I don't theory someones theory about the baby killing Lori is off. But hey the show could take that twist if it doesn't want to follow the comics.
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#146 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

So who's ready for tonights episode?!?:D

-Tish-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#147 -Tish-
Member since 2007 • 3624 Posts
[QUOTE="leviathan91"]

Swanogt19
Yes that is true. So I don't theory someones theory about the baby killing Lori is off. But hey the show could take that twist if it doesn't want to follow the comics.

The baby could be stillborn? That would be pretty fvcking crazy to have your own baby tear you apart form the inside out.
Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

Don't like the lead prison guy... Don't like him at all.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#149 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

God Rick is so awesome!

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts

Don't like the lead prison guy... Don't like him at all.

Ultrabeatdown55
Dont think that will be an issue.