The Silent Hill Movie (2006) (Spoilers)

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by XilePrincess (13130 posts) -
Horror movies don't generally end on a happy-go-lucky everybody-is-forgiven note... Otherwise there'd be no sequel. Scary doesn't end with peaches and cream, that's part of the reason the movie is good in people's minds, because it didn't end well. Just like The Ring. And I thought you were banned, who let you back on here?
#52 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

I've been back for months. You're very late.

#53 Posted by dave123321 (35260 posts) -
[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]Horror movies don't generally end on a happy-go-lucky everybody-is-forgiven note... Otherwise there'd be no sequel. Scary doesn't end with peaches and cream, that's part of the reason the movie is good in people's minds, because it didn't end well. Just like The Ring. And I thought you were banned, who let you back on here?

GS felt we would be better off with him back. Although he was already posting under an alt like a lot of the people they brought back.
#54 Posted by sSubZerOo (47087 posts) -
It was a pretty good movie except for having one of the most uncomfortable scenes I have ever seen, namely with the burning people..
#55 Posted by sSubZerOo (47087 posts) -
[QUOTE="XilePrincess"]Horror movies don't generally end on a happy-go-lucky everybody-is-forgiven note... Otherwise there'd be no sequel. Scary doesn't end with peaches and cream, that's part of the reason the movie is good in people's minds, because it didn't end well. Just like The Ring. And I thought you were banned, who let you back on here?

... Hehehe people still can't get over the movie "The Mist".. Wtf was that?
#56 Posted by dave123321 (35260 posts) -
Enjoyed The Mist
#57 Posted by sSubZerOo (47087 posts) -
Enjoyed The Mistdave123321
Me too I was more talking about the ending to the movie.. That was a pretty big troll ending if I have ever seen one.
#58 Posted by Jandurin (95559 posts) -
i read the book because of the hub bub about the movie then saw the movie enjoyed both
#59 Posted by XilePrincess (13130 posts) -

BluRayHiDef
At least I was able to dodge you for this long. Oh well. The dream is dead.
#60 Posted by dave123321 (35260 posts) -
[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

XilePrincess
At least I was able to dodge you for this long. Oh well. The dream is dead.

Am surprised you missed him for that long. He's been actively posting again since April.
#61 Posted by shadowkiller11 (7956 posts) -
It was alright other than Pyramid head there and the nurses it didn't use much of the scarier enemies I think that is what would of made it scary. The third act was also pretty mediocre (except the ending). But I thought it was decent recreation of the Silent Hill universe with good atmosphere not sure on Silent Hill 2 though. It could of been so much better but thanks to Uwe Boll and crappy directors many video game adaptions I always have minimal expectations for. Although Max Payne is a movie that annoyed me the most, such a brilliant game with a good plot reduced to the pile of rubbish that is the movie.
#62 Posted by shadowkiller11 (7956 posts) -
[QUOTE="Baconbits2004"]

Resident evil sucked

Jandurin
man i don't know it was a better **** movie than silent hill and a pretty standard summer popcorn movie

No if you were to take Resident Evil out of the title, nobody would of even cared about this movie, nobody would of watched it and the movie franchise would of died after the first movie. It's a crappy cheesy B-movie with not many redeemable qualities. Silent Hill atleast had some effort in it and well executed atmosphere.
#63 Posted by Jandurin (95559 posts) -
No if you were to take Resident Evil out of the title, nobody would of even cared about this movie, nobody would of watched it and the movie franchise would of died after the first movie. It's a crappy cheesy B-movie with not many redeemable qualities. Silent Hill atleast had some effort in it and well executed atmosphere. shadowkiller11
That's incorrect.
#65 Posted by Jandurin (95559 posts) -
[QUOTE="Jandurin"][QUOTE="shadowkiller11"]No if you were to take Resident Evil out of the title, nobody would of even cared about this movie, nobody would of watched it and the movie franchise would of died after the first movie. It's a crappy cheesy B-movie with not many redeemable qualities. Silent Hill atleast had some effort in it and well executed atmosphere. meconate
That's incorrect.

It's actually true. People only went to see it because it had 'Resident Evil' in the title, despite it being a load of crap. The exact same reason why people bought Resident Evil 6.

I didn't "go to see it" i randomy rented it one day and was like this was a movie now i did go to see silent hill at the theater and i was disappointed, and the second half was trash so if silent hill wasn't in the title, i wouldn't have and if silent hill wasn't in the title, none of you would even care about it
#67 Posted by Jandurin (95559 posts) -
I know it's your opinion, but you can't keep treating Resident Evil like it's Schindler's List in comparison to Silent Hill.meconate
you have our positions backwards i think they're both cheesy, i just think that silent hill's second half was bad enough to make it slightly worse you're the one holding SH on a pedestal
#69 Posted by Jandurin (95559 posts) -
you seem a little more desperate to prove Resident Evil is better.meconate
what
#71 Posted by Jandurin (95559 posts) -
idgaf you guys are the ones that are saying that SH is some amazing movie and RE is trash whereas they're similarly mediocre and i find RE to be better
#73 Posted by Jandurin (95559 posts) -
I just don't think Silent Hill is mediocremeconate
k we can be done because this is the disconnect SH was mediocre and so was RE
#74 Posted by Darthkaiser (12447 posts) -
Clearly the only good movie based on a game. I thought it was good, very surprised but glad it stuck close to a great game series.meconate
And then there is Advent Children
#75 Posted by CHOASXIII (14688 posts) -

[QUOTE="meconate"]Clearly the only good movie based on a game. I thought it was good, very surprised but glad it stuck close to a great game series.Darthkaiser
And then there is Advent Children

Advent Children is a good movie. >.>

#77 Posted by norm41x (813 posts) -
[QUOTE="dave123321"]Enjoyed The MistsSubZerOo
Me too I was more talking about the ending to the movie.. That was a pretty big troll ending if I have ever seen one.

Hahaha, yeah. The writers trolled us hard in that movie. It's still one of my favorite endings of all time though. Freaking, kill your son and your friends! You're dead anyway! Oh wait look! 2 seconds later, the f*cking army comes by to say hello!
#78 Posted by TopTierHustler (3894 posts) -

I thought it was pretty cool.

I like the whole world changing thing.

#79 Posted by norm41x (813 posts) -

They test that siren maybe 3 times a week here. After watching the movie, I woke up to it halfway to sh*tting my pants for a week or 2.

#80 Posted by muller39 (14953 posts) -

Have yet to see it. I might have to watch it sometime.