The religous and not so religous

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Super-Mikester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Super-Mikester
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I still respect people's beliefs in religion and what ever else they believe in, but for me I don't have one so I suppose you could call me an "atheist" but I don't believe in the devil either. People at my old school people use to cuss at me and tell me "you're going straight to hell" and when they said things like that it made me feel terrible, but terrible for what? I cant help that I don't believe or don't even know that there is a god. So why would someone say something like that to me.

What I dislike is when they say that they're going to "heaven" and I'm going to "hell". Why should they go to heaven for putting someone down and bullying them? and why should I go to hell for doing nothing?

People always tell me that I'm going to hell just because I don't believe in a religion. I just wish people wouldn't ask me if I did or not.

People have tried to make me believe in a religion too. About the whole school I was at hated me just because of this. I've always heard the phrase "jesus loves you" so why should people hate one of the people that a so called "jesus" loves (me).

notconspiracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 notconspiracy
Member since 2007 • 2225 Posts
true christians would try to evangelise. one must call into question just how much of a christian those people were at your old school
KLAX42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KLAX42
Member since 2008 • 3368 Posts
If you don't believe in hell why do you care if somebody says you're going there?
Super-Mikester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Super-Mikester
Because they say it's such a bad place and that gives me the impression that they think i'm a bad person.
KG86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KG86
Member since 2007 • 6021 Posts
Dont worry, on Gamespot there are plenty of fellow atheists (including myself).
AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts

If you are Atheist, you dont believe in hell. So what they say shouldnt bother you, sicne hell doesnt exist.

Just tell them they will rot in the ground like everyone else.

notconspiracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 notconspiracy
Because they say it's such a bad place and that gives me the impression that they think i'm a bad person.Super-Mikester
according to christian doctrine, EVERYONE is a bad person because the book of Romans declares that all have sinned and thus fall short of the glory of God
ernie1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ernie1989
Member since 2004 • 8547 Posts
If there really was a heaven or hell, then I'd rather be in hell than be in heaven with people that tell me to go to hell for not believing what they believe.
domatron23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 domatron23
Member since 2007 • 6226 Posts
You're not a bad person for not believing in God. Show through your own actions that you are better than these people and convince yourself that you do not belong in any such horrible place as hell.
Bill900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 Bill900
Member since 2007 • 4530 Posts
I'm not really religious, but most of my friends are and we don't insult each other about that kinda crap. You just gotta realize that if there is a god, than he is probably more angry at those people who were making fun of you than at you for not being like them. Try asking those kids something like "Is this what Jesus would do?" or "What does god think of this?" and if that doesn't work you can slash their tires and say that the devil did it.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#11 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
"go to hell" may be the most pointless thing one can say to an atheist.
MotherSuperior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 MotherSuperior
Member since 2003 • 3745 Posts
Dont worry, on Gamespot there are plenty of fellow atheists (including myself).KG86
And I. I get asked many times what my religion is and when I say "nothing/agnostic/atheist" they get all upset and say I'm going to hell. It's bull$hit. A true Christian would shut the hell up that they're Christian, don't even ask, and evangelize the people who actually show interest in their religion and leave everyone else alone.
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts

[QUOTE="Super-Mikester"]Because they say it's such a bad place and that gives me the impression that they think i'm a bad person.notconspiracy
according to christian doctrine, EVERYONE is a bad person because the book of Romans declares that all have sinned and thus fall short of the glory of God

Well thats rather grim.

InterpolWilco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 InterpolWilco
Member since 2005 • 2487 Posts

Bro I'm a devout Catholic, and I don't think your a bad person at all.

People believe what they believe, they can't help it. Unfortunately though, religion can get you in a lot of trouble, from both people of faith (I've been told I"m going to hell for being a Catholic MANY times) to people of none (I've been told I'm uneducated - wtf?)

Above all though, I like how those people are saying your going to hell, but they're performing a huge sin, and thats Pride. And what makes them so high and mighty? I've met A LOT of hypocritical Christians. And believe me, the more they scream and yell about the Glory of God, the more skeletons they probably have in their closet.

The greatest examples of great Christianity I've ever scene are people who generally keep their trap shut about it, and just do the right thing in their lives.

Proobie44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Proobie44
Member since 2006 • 5663 Posts
I learned one thing in OT, everyone's an idiot in religious debates. What's the point if they're gonna be ignorant?
tifaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tifaz
Member since 2003 • 199 Posts
According to Christianity, if you don't believe in the Christian God you WILL go to hell. That means you can be the nicest, most generous and moral person in the world, yet still be summoned to eternal pain affter you die.......always been kinda ridiculous to me...
Proobie44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Proobie44
Member since 2006 • 5663 Posts
According to Christianity, if you don't believe in the Christian God you WILL go to hell. That means you can be the nicest, most generous and moral person in the world, yet still be summoned to eternal pain affter you die.......always been kinda ridiculous to me...tifaz
I don't believe in hell, I guess I'm safe :|
-Wicked_Sick-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Wicked_Sick-
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts

I learned one thing in OT, everyone's an idiot in religious debates. What's the point if they're gonna be ignorant?Proobie44

Not everyone.

notconspiracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 notconspiracy
According to Christianity, if you don't believe in the Christian God you WILL go to hell. That means you can be the nicest, most generous and moral person in the world, yet still be summoned to eternal pain affter you die.......always been kinda ridiculous to me...tifaz
well, ALL have sinned, and God cannot allow sin to enter his perfect kingdom
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts

[QUOTE="tifaz"]According to Christianity, if you don't believe in the Christian God you WILL go to hell. That means you can be the nicest, most generous and moral person in the world, yet still be summoned to eternal pain affter you die.......always been kinda ridiculous to me...notconspiracy

Then whats the point of believing in it? God sounds like an elitist prick to me.

Super-Mikester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Super-Mikester
I guess you're an idiot also. (this comment going to proobie44)
thnickaman13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thnickaman13
Member since 2006 • 633 Posts

[QUOTE="notconspiracy"][QUOTE="Super-Mikester"]Because they say it's such a bad place and that gives me the impression that they think i'm a bad person.Film-Guy

Well thats rather grim.

This verse taken alone is rather grim. However, this is the whole point of Jesus. You can't be in God's glory if you refuse help.

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
Just ignore them if they are being asses.
notconspiracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 notconspiracy

[QUOTE="notconspiracy"][QUOTE="tifaz"]According to Christianity, if you don't believe in the Christian God you WILL go to hell. That means you can be the nicest, most generous and moral person in the world, yet still be summoned to eternal pain affter you die.......always been kinda ridiculous to me...Film-Guy

Then whats the point of believing in it? God sounds like an elitist prick to me.

the fact that there is rather strong historical evidence for the resurrection of the Lord Jesus christ
Avatar image for AlternatingCaps
AlternatingCaps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 AlternatingCaps
Member since 2007 • 1714 Posts

I hear ya TC. I don't have a problem with people believing, but when they make it seem like it's bad to be an atheist, then there's an issue. I hate hearing about "going to hell" because it makes it seem as though you're a terrible person just because you're not a believer. I think they should just believe that if someone believes in a religion, then at least accept that someone else doesn't. I'm cool with people's beliefs as long as they think that someone won't burn just because they don't believe, but heaven only requires generally being a good person. It's just annoying and degrading to hear otherwise. I mean, I'm not gonna tell people what to believe, but of course I think I'm right (who doesn't?) and anyone who thinks they can say that someone will go to "hell" for not believing is just a jerk.

For instance, a Buddhist monk? They'll never harm a damn fly, should they go to hell after living quite possibly the most honest life there is just because they don't believe in the same god?

Which is why I also can't stand when people have me say grace at their house (yes, I was the one who made that topic if anyone remembers it). Alright, you can go ahead and thank your lord for your food, but don't force your prayers on me, I'll just sit respectfully and not interrupt. Might as well make a steak a dinner and invite your vegetarian friend and not make any alternative.

tifaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tifaz
Member since 2003 • 199 Posts
Ok then...so are you saying its it right that a baby who dies minutes after birth will go to hell because 'All have sinned'....tell me why do poeple look down on atheists again?!