The Raid Redemption (2011) VS DREDD (2012), which was better action movie?

#1 Edited by indzman (27735 posts) -

Both movies involved clearing out gangsters on each floor of a High Rise Apartment, Corruption from Within, Both Violently action packed.

I'm going for Dredd.One of the best movies of Karl Urban and Lena Headey ... imo.

Well?

#2 Posted by SOedipus (10962 posts) -

The Raid Redemption. The pacing, music and martial arts were superb. The acting wasn't that bad either. Dredd was awesome too.

#3 Posted by Gamerno6666 (5858 posts) -

I choose both but I enjoyed the raid 2 more than these 2 movies.

#4 Posted by uninspiredcup (27042 posts) -

Dredd was pleasantly surprising, from the last movie and the rush of Superhero movies I wasn't expecting much.

#5 Posted by leafs_ducks (2871 posts) -

the raid hands down

#6 Posted by Byshop (18691 posts) -

The Raid for sure, but Dredd was a pretty decent movie. My first thought when watching it, though, was "hey, this is just like The Raid".

-Byshop

#7 Edited by MarcRecon (8130 posts) -

As a Martial Artist and fan of Martial Arts movies I should say The Rad Redemption, but Dredd is too awesome of a movie to deny. With all of these crap movies getting made, it's a tragedy that Judge Dredd doesn't have a sequel.

#8 Edited by mirgamer (2454 posts) -

Dredd for me but thats because I'm not exactly a MA-movie fan. Plus Dredd is a really really awesome character.

@Byshop said:

The Raid for sure, but Dredd was a pretty decent movie. My first thought when watching it, though, was "hey, this is just like The Raid".

-Byshop

Same here, I was thinking they obviously copied the idea and concept behind the story.

#9 Edited by lamprey263 (35390 posts) -

Both were great, but I give The Raid the edge here.

On the other hand, while I enjoyed the sequel, it barely touched the original. Whereas, I'm massively disappointed Dredd never got a sequel, it eventually broke even when it released on home video but the studios have no desire to fund another commercial dud. Honestly, I thought the biggest mistake was in marketing, they sold it as a 3D movie and people just find that superficial garbage. Plus, it released at the end of a stale summer with a bunch of garbage flicks, releasing the same week as End of Watch, a movie with such names behind it like "the people that brought you Training Day" and "Jake Gyllenhaal"; Dredd didn't stand a chance on that alone. Plus, it doesn't help the name "Dredd" is associated with that awful Stallone movie. In the end, Dredd was a movie that didn't get the attention it deserved largely due to external factors. I wish studios when considering funding sequels to good movies that don't perform well commercially are aware of such things.

#10 Edited by uninspiredcup (27042 posts) -

@mirgamer said:

Dredd for me but thats because I'm not exactly a MA-movie fan. Plus Dredd is a really really awesome character.

@Byshop said:

-Byshop

Same here, I was thinking they obviously copied the idea and concept behind the story.

They're both basically Assault On Precinct 13, which itself was pretty much Zulu in a police station.

#11 Posted by indzman (27735 posts) -

MAMA WAS AWESOME XD

#12 Posted by shellcase86 (3853 posts) -

I enjoyed Dredd more than I expected, but Raid was better.

#13 Posted by Palafoxg17 (44 posts) -

The remake of Dredd was very different, He kept his mask on throughout the whole movie and the story wasn't the same without Sylvester Stallone. I would say the Raid was a good movie it has more action that includes martial arts and lifelike situations.

#14 Posted by br0kenrabbit (15249 posts) -

Dredd, because that chick was hot and we got to see her boobs.

#15 Posted by LJS9502_basic (163915 posts) -

Dredd gets my vote.....

#16 Posted by foxhound_fox (97158 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

Both were great, but I give The Raid the edge here.

On the other hand, while I enjoyed the sequel, it barely touched the original. Whereas, I'm massively disappointed Dredd never got a sequel, it eventually broke even when it released on home video but the studios have no desire to fund another commercial dud. Honestly, I thought the biggest mistake was in marketing, they sold it as a 3D movie and people just find that superficial garbage. Plus, it released at the end of a stale summer with a bunch of garbage flicks, releasing the same week as End of Watch, a movie with such names behind it like "the people that brought you Training Day" and "Jake Gyllenhaal"; Dredd didn't stand a chance on that alone. Plus, it doesn't help the name "Dredd" is associated with that awful Stallone movie. In the end, Dredd was a movie that didn't get the attention it deserved largely due to external factors. I wish studios when considering funding sequels to good movies that don't perform well commercially are aware of such things.

You're welcome: http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/10/judge-dredd-tv-show/

Karl Urban is heavily involved as well.

#17 Edited by foxhound_fox (97158 posts) -

@palafoxg17 said:

The remake of Dredd was very different, He kept his mask on throughout the whole movie and the story wasn't the same without Sylvester Stallone. I would say the Raid was a good movie it has more action that includes martial arts and lifelike situations.

You should read some 2000 AD comics, Dredd (2012) was incredibly source accurate. The Stallone atrocity, while entertaining camp for the time, was an affront to the source material. Dredd has never removed his helmet in view of the reader/viewer in all Judge Dredd comics (AFAIK).

It wasn't so much a remake, as the movie the original should have been.

#18 Posted by indzman (27735 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:

Which Chick? Whose bewbs?

#19 Posted by iwilson1296 (2377 posts) -

can't decide, they're both awesome

#20 Posted by br0kenrabbit (15249 posts) -

@indzman said:
@br0kenrabbit said:

Anderson. When she's reading that one guys mind and he's having a sexual fantasy about her.

#21 Edited by indzman (27735 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:
@indzman said:
@br0kenrabbit said:

Anderson. When she's reading that one guys mind and he's having a sexual fantasy about her.

That black guy right? I think i remember that scene vaguely :)

#22 Posted by br0kenrabbit (15249 posts) -

@indzman said:

Ummm....damn. Can't remember. I just remember those were some savory boobs.

#23 Edited by ArchoNils2 (9866 posts) -

Dredd was good, but nowhere close to raid.

#24 Posted by indzman (27735 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:
@indzman said:

Ummm....damn. Can't remember. I just remember those were some savory boobs.

Will rewatch the movie as i'm also forgetting that particular scene :)

#25 Posted by korvus (11226 posts) -

Raid 2, although if I recall correctly, I preferred the original.