The Power of the Trolls on Gamespot

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StoneFace1970

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 StoneFace1970
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Every time my fellow testers have tried to explain/pimp the MMORTS BEyond Protocol on these boards the thread gets trolled by ignorant gamespot regulars and then locked. What the hell is this folks?

My reply after the last round of accusations that the game (on your lists) was an advert and all posting were involved in some huge conspiracy lolol. Gotta love the trolls - but reward and nurture them? Kinda looks bad for Gamespot after recent news.

REPLY to trolls @

Some of you folks are making huge judgements with no info. I am a I? Ive been here longer than most replying and tbh until recently found ZERO worth posting about. Mundane huge clone like games released verbatim - BORING. I was a UT2004 iCTF player - played a lot.. Until I found MMORTS - a genre that's has been here since 1998 thus showing those hasty hasty judgements for what they are.. ignorance of the subject. Why post here if you cannot contribute after a fair look? Have I gone on to your RPG threads and just dissed them? No - I have no interest at all in those fake Role playing grinds and thus keep out of it. Leave it to the fans.

As to the first/one post account s- gamespot should be happy and thanking Dark Sky Entertainment for promoting their site when we have genre focused sites available. Your site would never have got these players interest unless something brought them here. No DSE haven't thrown loads of financial speculators cash at advertising like many others - and we know the debates about that. This is not to be disrespected but admired. They are promoting their game on recommendation and word of mouth, social sites where players hang out and forums where RTSplayers and more frequent. This is all legit and, quite frankly, a lot more honourable than many other large scale outfits.

All those posts were by PLAYERS. You have chosen to judge without playing and then troll a legitimate game with a listing on this site and many others? DO you have an agenda? Sit down and let some of us real MMORTS gamers explain WHY this game will own all other RTS titles as well as invade and steal a good chunk of RPG subscribers. Every thread has been attacked on here and word is going out btw.

So far I haven't seen one post by a developer of this game - check out the forums and see how many links are to here. This is something gamespot need - player integrity in their reviews - not a box set played over a weekend.

I mean - who posts on a thread in a forum this large, with this much to be involved with, and posts that he doesn't care. You are the guy who ticks Don't Know on polls aren't you? lol

Hoodlym_UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Hoodlym_UK
Member since 2006 • 430 Posts
Welcome to the most informal place in the world - the internets.
lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lycrof
Member since 2005 • 6393 Posts
Hail Rivfader
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#5 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
If you're making a post to talk about how great a game is, go nuts. As long as it is in the proper forum, I'm sure no one minds. But if you are just making a post to advertise or solicit for a specific game, I think most people dont approve of that.
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts
What are troll?
Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts
What are troll?SSCyborg
Troll are bad.
hagadorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hagadorn
Member since 2007 • 630 Posts

[QUOTE="SSCyborg"]What are troll?Big_Bad_Sad
Troll are bad.

My friend charlie is a troll. He looks like one as well.

shaza91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shaza91
Member since 2005 • 3696 Posts
Are you really 38?
StoneFace1970

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 StoneFace1970

I would say folk who post back to front posts with no contribution. Normally it involves lots of disrespect or obvious stupidity. Such as 2200 posts and that question :p

Sonicare - I agree I think. You aren't the clearest poster but seem right. If we players posted raving about a game, as we did, then that's fine. If the devs disrespect gamespot by pimping themselves then slap them. The issue where was some uninformed posters after a large post count flamed without even looking at the game or trying it. THAT'S TROLLING .

HTH

MoonSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MoonSpoon
Member since 2005 • 9970 Posts
What is this thread about.
StoneFace1970

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 StoneFace1970
Well Yes I am. I started online gaming over a lan/office web with Doom. since then I went Q3 then UT/UT2004 then MMORTS for last 7 years.
_Celldweller_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 _Celldweller_
Member since 2007 • 940 Posts
Teh Great Wall of TEXT!
_bOrk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 _bOrk_
Member since 2007 • 221 Posts

Hail Rivfaderlycrof

Finntroll FTW! But there is so much fun to have with Trollfest

shaza91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 shaza91
Member since 2005 • 3696 Posts

Well Yes I am. I started online gaming over a lan/office web with Doom. since then I went Q3 then UT/UT2004 then MMORTS for last 7 years. StoneFace1970

Hmm. That's pretty interesting. I think you're the oldest person I've seen on GS.

lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lycrof
Try not to advertise. It is against the rules here. It's especially bad when multiple accounts are made for the advertising.
hagadorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hagadorn
Member since 2007 • 630 Posts

What is this thread about.MoonSpoon

StoneFace is raising the issue of people needlessly spamming the boards with criticisms of games without any knowledge of the game and contributing bugger all to that forum over all and most likely insulting those who are tryin to discuss said game. I agree that those who post just to put down something they have no experience of is a waste of time and i think that if you have something constructive to say that is grounded in evidence then that fair enough post away.

Bill900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 Bill900
Member since 2007 • 4530 Posts
"Welcome to OT. We're serious." -Greatgone12
Famous-Troll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Famous-Troll
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="Big_Bad_Sad"][QUOTE="SSCyborg"]What are troll?hagadorn

Troll are bad.

My friend charlie is a troll. He looks like one as well.

Im not bad...

StoneFace1970

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 StoneFace1970

Try not to advertise. It is against the rules here. It's especially bad when multiple accounts are made for the advertising.lycrof

Now that is exactly what we have encountered. Not one gamer posting on Beyond Protocol is a developer or connected in anyway to DSE. I run www.mmortsgamers.com which covers ALL games in this 10 year old genre. Now - if you speak from knowledge and have access to ip logs then you KNOW we are all different and in different countries. If you dont have access logs - wtf are you posting for? Troll? Impressive post count but means nothing to me given the vast majority of games and the two posts of yours I have seen so far lol

bellsmye1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 bellsmye1
Member since 2005 • 2687 Posts
I keep trolling by accident. God damn my subconcious trolling. Im bringing the side down....
lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lycrof

[QUOTE="lycrof"]Try not to advertise. It is against the rules here. It's especially bad when multiple accounts are made for the advertising.StoneFace1970

Now that is exactly what we have encountered. Not one gamer posting on Beyond Protocol is a developer or connected in anyway to DSE. I run www.mmortsgamers.com which covers ALL games in this 10 year old genre. Now - if you speak from knowledge and have access to ip logs then you KNOW we are all different and in different countries. If you dont have access logs - wtf are you posting for? Troll? Impressive post count but means nothing to me given the vast majority of games and the two posts of yours I have seen so far lol

Advertising is still advertising. Regardless of posters background lol

StoneFace1970

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 StoneFace1970

Think your avatar could have equaled your post alone ;)

I can take a flame folks - bring it but just leave the commercial company a lot of folks have their money and time invested in alone till you try it - all i ask.

Whicker89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 Whicker89
Member since 2004 • 18919 Posts
Trolling is fun
rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 rimnet00
Member since 2003 • 11003 Posts
Let me guess... you saw the GDC announcement of XNA, and now you think you can make a MMO? lulz. G'luck
solidruss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 solidruss
Member since 2002 • 24082 Posts
Blog the thing, or put it in your sig. Don't link a thread that was locked for advertising.