The OT Suit Thread :I just bought a new Suit!!!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by sonofsmeagle (4317 posts) -

I just bought myself a new custom fitted grey 3 piece suit and i thought to myself,

This is possibly the happiest i've ever been while shopping for something and i dont know why, i mean when i bought my suit i felt more excited than when i bought my limited edition version of Mass Effect 3 or Empire:Total War.

Theres just something special about buying a new suit that just matches you and its a manly thing, a manly feel as you look in the mirror and go "Dam!!!, now that is a classy suit"

And i know i'm not the only one that feels this i went suit shopping with two of my mates since we're all going to a wedding in a month and this is pretty much how we were when we decided we were going suit shopping.

anch_team.jpg

My favourite sort of suit is a grey one, maybe its my watching of all the James Bond movies while i was growing up or maybe i just like grey but this time i went with this type of suit.

jbond16.jpg

Now OT i'm not the only classy male on here, share your suit stories and join in on the manly culture of suit shopping :D

#2 Posted by Bucked20 (6651 posts) -

Scott Disick suit game crazy,dude swag be turnt up 

Scott-Disick.jpg

#3 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

I hate dressing up. I have to for work and I can't stand it.

#4 Posted by BATTOSAI76 (4084 posts) -

I don't own a suit currently, nor have I owned one in the past. Come to think of it, I've never even worn a suit.

#5 Posted by sonofsmeagle (4317 posts) -

I don't own a suit currently, nor have I owned one in the past. Come to think of it, I've never even worn a suit.

BATTOSAI76
You sirrah are missing out
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
#6 Posted by chessmaster1989 (30204 posts) -

Pirate700
I go to work in shorts and a tshirt (or khakis/leather jacket in winter). :P
#7 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

chessmaster1989

I'm envious. I work retail now and they even make us wear a tie, be clean shaven, etc. It's stupid.

#8 Posted by Nuck81 (6760 posts) -
Nothing better than a new suit, except maybe a brand new car. I have a lot of suits being an Educator. In my younger days I'd buy off the rack, but now that I'm tenured and financially secure I spring for 1 new tailored suit a year. I phased out my old ones by donating them to a consignment shop. The Chinese have been pumping some really high quality fabric the last decade or so. They are just as nice as Italian nowadays, you can't really tell a difference.
#9 Posted by sonofsmeagle (4317 posts) -
[QUOTE="Nuck81"]Nothing better than a new suit, except maybe a brand new car. I have a lot of suits being an Educator. In my younger days I'd buy off the rack, but now that I'm tenured and financially secure I spring for 1 new tailored suit a year. I phased out my old ones by donating them to a consignment shop. The Chinese have been pumping some really high quality fabric the last decade or so. They are just as nice as Italian nowadays, you can't really tell a difference.

Yeah i noticed that when i went to the shops, But yeah buying a new custom fitted tailored suit is like buying a new car, it just says something about your style and how you want yourself viewed.
#10 Posted by Nuck81 (6760 posts) -
[QUOTE="sonofsmeagle"][QUOTE="Nuck81"]Nothing better than a new suit, except maybe a brand new car. I have a lot of suits being an Educator. In my younger days I'd buy off the rack, but now that I'm tenured and financially secure I spring for 1 new tailored suit a year. I phased out my old ones by donating them to a consignment shop. The Chinese have been pumping some really high quality fabric the last decade or so. They are just as nice as Italian nowadays, you can't really tell a difference.

Yeah i noticed that when i went to the shops, But yeah buying a new custom fitted tailored suit is like buying a new car, it just says something about your style and how you want yourself viewed.

It's all in the fabrics. Nothing beats the feeling of a quality Angora 3 piece being put on the first time bringing it home from the Tailor.
#11 Posted by johnd13 (9209 posts) -

BATTOSAI76

#12 Posted by Allicrombie (26207 posts) -

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]

Pirate700

I'm envious. I work retail now and they even make us wear a tie, be clean shaven, etc. It's stupid.

Fry's?
#13 Posted by sonofsmeagle (4317 posts) -
[QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="sonofsmeagle"][QUOTE="Nuck81"]Nothing better than a new suit, except maybe a brand new car. I have a lot of suits being an Educator. In my younger days I'd buy off the rack, but now that I'm tenured and financially secure I spring for 1 new tailored suit a year. I phased out my old ones by donating them to a consignment shop. The Chinese have been pumping some really high quality fabric the last decade or so. They are just as nice as Italian nowadays, you can't really tell a difference.

It's all in the fabrics. Nothing beats the feeling of a quality Angora 3 piece being put on the first time bringing it home from the Tailor.

Thats one of my "little" life dreams is to get a suit made of that stuff but man are they expensive, maybe when i'm 40 i'll be able to splash out alot and get one tailored for me.
#14 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"] I go to work in shorts and a tshirt (or khakis/leather jacket in winter). :PAllicrombie

Fry's?

Nope. A sports store. For being a relatively manly store (selling guns, knives, camping, etc.), it would be nice if they updated the dress code from the 50s.

#15 Posted by Allicrombie (26207 posts) -

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]I'm envious. I work retail now and they even make us wear a tie, be clean shaven, etc. It's stupid.

Pirate700

Fry's?

Nope. A sports store. For being a relatively manly store (selling guns, knives, camping, etc.), it would be nice if they updated the dress code from the 50s.

Oh, that's interesting. Fry's is the only store around here I notice the employees dressing up.
#16 Posted by Tykain (3887 posts) -
I love wearing suits. I bought 3 custom tailored suits when i went to Thailand 2 years ago, it's so cheap to get it done there and i'm very happy with the quality.
Avatar image for CongressManStan
#17 Posted by CongressManStan (918 posts) -

Scott-Disick.jpg

Bucked20
This guy is a tool. He looks like a little kid playing dress up.
#18 Posted by supa_badman (16714 posts) -

3 Piece suit for a wedding feels like over-kill

Cool that you got a suit that makes you feel good though

#19 Posted by Silverbond (16130 posts) -

Cool thread but it looks like all OT wants to talk about is religion, politics, and Shadowmoses

#20 Posted by Mafiree (3704 posts) -
Bespoke or gtfo......
#21 Posted by Allicrombie (26207 posts) -

Cool thread but it looks like all OT wants to talk about is religion, politics, and Shadowmoses

Silverbond
hate those damn shadowmoses threads.
Avatar image for PWSteal_Ldpinch
#22 Posted by PWSteal_Ldpinch (1172 posts) -

Fused, half canvassed, or full canvassed OP?

#23 Posted by megagene (23153 posts) -

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]I'm envious. I work retail now and they even make us wear a tie, be clean shaven, etc. It's stupid.

Pirate700

Fry's?

Wait, wait... Clean-shaven? You sell sporting goods and you're not allowed to have a manly beard?
#24 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="Allicrombie"] Fry's?megagene

Wait, wait... Clean-shaven? You sell sporting goods and you're not allowed to have a manly beard?

Nope, it sucks. I understand if they don't want us looking like ZZ top but stubble or a beard should at least be allowed.

#25 Posted by megagene (23153 posts) -

[QUOTE="megagene"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]Nope. A sports store. For being a relatively manly store (selling guns, knives, camping, etc.), it would be nice if they updated the dress code from the 50s.

Pirate700

Nope, it sucks. I understand if they don't want us looking like ZZ top but stubble or a beard should at least be allowed.

Definitely. But hey, glad to hear you found a job at least. That's more important than facial hair preferences.
#26 Posted by sonofsmeagle (4317 posts) -

PWSteal_Ldpinch
Full canvassed my man this isnt some off the shelf job haha
#27 Posted by one_plum (6500 posts) -

I'm not sure if I even remember how to wear a tie...

#28 Posted by sonofsmeagle (4317 posts) -

3 Piece suit for a wedding feels like over-kill

Cool that you got a suit that makes you feel good though

supa_badman
A 3 piece grey suit is never overkill in any situation in my opinion
Avatar image for PWSteal_Ldpinch
#29 Posted by PWSteal_Ldpinch (1172 posts) -
[QUOTE="PWSteal_Ldpinch"]

sonofsmeagle

Nice that must have cost $$$
#30 Posted by sonofsmeagle (4317 posts) -
[QUOTE="sonofsmeagle"][QUOTE="PWSteal_Ldpinch"]

PWSteal_Ldpinch

Nice that must have cost $$$

I didnt spend as much as i could have but I spent enough to not want to tell too many people
#31 Posted by MgamerBD (17550 posts) -
Suits are the highest wear in fashion. I can't wait till I one can afford an Armani suit. I'm a big fan of slim suits and skinny ties
#32 Posted by sonofsmeagle (4317 posts) -
[QUOTE="MgamerBD"]Suits are the highest wear in fashion. I can't wait till I one can afford an Armani suit. I'm a big fan of slim suits and skinny ties

One of the ties i bought is the best skinny tie i've ever seen, Its a thin black with a thin royal blue stripe down the middle, Looks great when i wear my black vest and light blue shirt with my new grey suit
#33 Posted by October_Tide (5396 posts) -

Thread needs more 80s yuppy Bill Blass suits

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT3_7G_wPLTnymv5H6UkxC

I have one suit that I very rarely wear. I generally just wear dress pants and shirt to work, I don't need to wear the tie or jacket.

#34 Posted by MudoSkills (362 posts) -

I can't help but feel that you guys are overly emotionally invested in the buying and wearing of suits.

I've only worn full suits for funerals and job interviews, I look pretty pimp in them, but if I wore them to work every day the effect would wear off. Business casual is how I usually look, and I cant say i really give much of a sh*t about it.

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
#36 Posted by GalvatronType_R (2107 posts) -
Bought 2 new suits (both Hugo Boss): -one Red Label, black single breasted 2 button with notch lapels, a bit shorter, tighter, and pinched in the sides -one Black Label, blue three piece single breasted 2 button with peak lapels, a bit shorter, tighter, and pinched in the sides with a tighter vest I requested the Skyfall look from the tailor and got it. Just a warning, you have to be in shape and fit to wear the Daniel Craig/Tom Ford style suits from Skyfall (which I am).
#37 Posted by sonofsmeagle (4317 posts) -
[QUOTE="GalvatronType_R"]Bought 2 new suits (both Hugo Boss): -one Red Label, black single breasted 2 button with notch lapels, a bit shorter, tighter, and pinched in the sides -one Black Label, blue three piece single breasted 2 button with peak lapels, a bit shorter, tighter, and pinched in the sides with a tighter vest I requested the Skyfall look from the tailor and got it. Just a warning, you have to be in shape and fit to wear the Daniel Craig/Tom Ford style suits from Skyfall (which I am).

Yeah you definitely have to be most notably you cant have much belly fat otherwise it just wont cut it,
#39 Posted by sonofsmeagle (4317 posts) -
[QUOTE="Bucked20"]

Scott-Disick.jpg

JustSignedUp
this is the first time ive seen this guy post a pic of a white guy

yeah now that i think of it me too
#40 Posted by comp_atkins (34248 posts) -
bought a new one a few months back for my wedding... only had occasion to wear it once since then.. they mostly just sit in my closet..
#41 Posted by sonofsmeagle (4317 posts) -
bought a new one a few months back for my wedding... only had occasion to wear it once since then.. they mostly just sit in my closet..comp_atkins
But dam do they separate the closet of a man from the closet of a boy
#42 Posted by Nuck81 (6760 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nuck81"][QUOTE="sonofsmeagle"] Yeah i noticed that when i went to the shops, But yeah buying a new custom fitted tailored suit is like buying a new car, it just says something about your style and how you want yourself viewed.sonofsmeagle

Thats one of my "little" life dreams is to get a suit made of that stuff but man are they expensive, maybe when i'm 40 i'll be able to splash out alot and get one tailored for me.

They can be pricey, but I look at them as investments.

If you get a nice tailored suit, take care of it, and stay the same relative size (Take it back and they will make adjustments over the years for free) it will last forever. 

Mine run between $1700-$2,200, but if I have them for the next 20 years, than it's not that bad.

#43 Posted by Boddicker (4332 posts) -

Ugh!!!!

I have one navy blue sport coat and I mix it up between white shirt/black slacks and light blue shirt/khakis. I'm trying to lose a bit more weight before I go out and buy more dress clothes.

I need to hurry up considering I graduate mortuary college in Nov!

#44 Posted by sonofsmeagle (4317 posts) -

[QUOTE="sonofsmeagle"][QUOTE="Nuck81"] It's all in the fabrics. Nothing beats the feeling of a quality Angora 3 piece being put on the first time bringing it home from the Tailor.Nuck81

They can be pricey, but I look at them as investments.

If you get a nice tailored suit, take care of it, and stay the same relative size (Take it back and they will make adjustments over the years for free) it will last forever. 

Mine run between $1700-$2,200, but if I have them for the next 20 years, than it's not that bad.

Yeah i'm going to put off buying a 2000K+ suit until i'm abit older so i know what my dimensions will most likely stay at