The OT Music Lounge V2

Avatar image for horgen
#1 Edited by Horgen (117219 posts) -

What you're listening to and why goes in here.

Discussions and recommendations are highly recommended.

Atm listening to the Dark Souls OST, more specifically Ornstein & Smough's track. Because who didn't enjoy fighting them?

Avatar image for Byshop
#2 Posted by Byshop (18489 posts) -

I was playing the latest iteration of Eve Valkyrie in VR while listening to David Bowie on Youtube in place of the game music. Space Oddity for one, Life on Mars for another, etc.

It's funny to me, but I turn 41 this year and staying up late by myself after a glass of wine or so and listening to stuff like David Bowie just brings me back to the 80s like I never left.

Loading Video...

-Byshop

Avatar image for themajormayor
#3 Edited by themajormayor (25718 posts) -

Schumann - Piano Concerto

Avatar image for johnd13
#4 Posted by johnd13 (9341 posts) -
Loading Video...

Avatar image for horgen
#5 Posted by Horgen (117219 posts) -

@Byshop said:

I was playing the latest iteration of Eve Valkyrie in VR while listening to David Bowie on Youtube in place of the game music. Space Oddity for one, Life on Mars for another, etc.

It's funny to me, but I turn 41 this year and staying up late by myself after a glass of wine or so and listening to stuff like David Bowie just brings me back to the 80s like I never left.

-Byshop

I have the same thing with the 90's. The boy bands and girl groups are the most obvious ones. But wow, what brings me back most is the crappy techno songs from that decade. Eurodance I think many of them are labelled as. Blümchen - Heut' ist mein Tag, Darude - Sandstorm, La Bouche - Be My Lover.

Avatar image for Byshop
#6 Posted by Byshop (18489 posts) -

@horgen said:
@Byshop said:

I was playing the latest iteration of Eve Valkyrie in VR while listening to David Bowie on Youtube in place of the game music. Space Oddity for one, Life on Mars for another, etc.

It's funny to me, but I turn 41 this year and staying up late by myself after a glass of wine or so and listening to stuff like David Bowie just brings me back to the 80s like I never left.

-Byshop

I have the same thing with the 90's. The boy bands and girl groups are the most obvious ones. But wow, what brings me back most is the crappy techno songs from that decade. Eurodance I think many of them are labelled as. Blümchen - Heut' ist mein Tag, Darude - Sandstorm, La Bouche - Be My Lover.

Heut' ist mein Tag makes me think of joke videos/memes. Sandstorm fo' eva', though.

-Byshop

Avatar image for horgen
#7 Posted by Horgen (117219 posts) -

@Byshop said:

Heut' ist mein Tag makes me think of joke videos/memes. Sandstorm fo' eva', though.

-Byshop

I didn't say any of them where good. :P

Avatar image for stormcast
#8 Posted by Stormcast (330 posts) -

@horgen said:
@Byshop said:

Heut' ist mein Tag makes me think of joke videos/memes. Sandstorm fo' eva', though.

-Byshop

I didn't say any of them where good. :P

Not even Scatman John? :)

Avatar image for horgen
#9 Posted by Horgen (117219 posts) -

@stormcast said:
@horgen said:
@Byshop said:

Heut' ist mein Tag makes me think of joke videos/memes. Sandstorm fo' eva', though.

-Byshop

I didn't say any of them where good. :P

Not even Scatman John? :)

Good? No. Still catchy.

Avatar image for stormcast
#10 Posted by Stormcast (330 posts) -

@horgen said:
@stormcast said:
@horgen said:
@Byshop said:

Heut' ist mein Tag makes me think of joke videos/memes. Sandstorm fo' eva', though.

-Byshop

I didn't say any of them where good. :P

Not even Scatman John? :)

Good? No. Still catchy.

Ouch. Something not good but still catchy is the last thing you want.

Avatar image for OfficialBed
#11 Posted by OfficialBed (17654 posts) -

All Pigs Must Die - "Heathen Reign"

Avatar image for stormcast
#12 Edited by Stormcast (330 posts) -
Loading Video...

Avatar image for OfficialBed
#13 Posted by OfficialBed (17654 posts) -

Tay-K - "The Race"

someone in the last thread posted a youtube video of a song by tay-k. as most of you guys must have figured out by now, i'm a huge metal head. i love angry, aggressive, heavy music. something about that song the other gamepost user posted caught me. took a listen on spotify and i got hooked.

Avatar image for ophelmark
#14 Posted by Ophelmark (63 posts) -
Loading Video...

Avatar image for ArmoredCore55
#15 Posted by ArmoredCore55 (24120 posts) -

Temple of Blood - Trampling The Serpent

Avatar image for Crash6
#16 Posted by Crash6 (3308 posts) -

@OfficialBed said:

Tay-K - "The Race"

someone in the last thread posted a youtube video of a song by tay-k. as most of you guys must have figured out by now, i'm a huge metal head. i love angry, aggressive, heavy music. something about that song the other gamepost user posted caught me. took a listen on spotify and i got hooked.

I think that was me lol. But yeah that song is super catchy. Very "hummable" tune haha. A few of his beats are pretty catchy though and a lot of his songs have a very raw/energetic feeling to them so it's not totally surprising to me that some metal guys might like it. The Race is by far his biggest song I think. You might like Coolin' too though....

Loading Video...

Avatar image for stormcast
#17 Posted by Stormcast (330 posts) -
Loading Video...

Avatar image for ArmoredCore55
#18 Posted by ArmoredCore55 (24120 posts) -

Septic Flesh - Lovecraft's Death

Avatar image for Crash6
#19 Posted by Crash6 (3308 posts) -
Loading Video...

Avatar image for OfficialBed
#20 Posted by OfficialBed (17654 posts) -

Lil Dicky - "The Cypher"

Avatar image for jun_aka_pekto
#21 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (23426 posts) -

Right now? Some classic rock oldies....

Steve Miller band playing through my PC speakers.....

Loading Video...

Avatar image for OfficialBed
#22 Posted by OfficialBed (17654 posts) -

Widower - "Sarif"

Avatar image for OfficialBed
#23 Posted by OfficialBed (17654 posts) -

Emmure - "Flag of the Beast"

Avatar image for OfficialBed
#24 Posted by OfficialBed (17654 posts) -

Ion Dissonance - "Suffering: The Art of Letting Go"

Avatar image for OfficialBed
#25 Posted by OfficialBed (17654 posts) -

Aversions Crown - "Erebus"

Avatar image for ArmoredCore55
#26 Posted by ArmoredCore55 (24120 posts) -

Pentagram - Too Late

Avatar image for ArmoredCore55
#27 Posted by ArmoredCore55 (24120 posts) -

Daath - Subterfuge

Avatar image for OfficialBed
#28 Edited by OfficialBed (17654 posts) -

Cattle Decapitation - "Apex Blasphemy"

Avatar image for OfficialBed
#29 Posted by OfficialBed (17654 posts) -

Comeback Kid - "Lower the Line"

Avatar image for OfficialBed
#30 Posted by OfficialBed (17654 posts) -

Beneath The Massacre - "Anomic"

Avatar image for OfficialBed
#31 Posted by OfficialBed (17654 posts) -

Anniversary - "Are You Listening?"

Avatar image for OfficialBed
#32 Posted by OfficialBed (17654 posts) -

Aborted - "Of Scabs and Boils"

Avatar image for stormcast
#33 Posted by Stormcast (330 posts) -
Loading Video...

Avatar image for OfficialBed
#34 Edited by OfficialBed (17654 posts) -

Wiz Khalifa - "Royal Highness (feat. Casey Veggies)"

Avatar image for OfficialBed
#35 Posted by OfficialBed (17654 posts) -

Wiz Khalifa - "Letterman"

Avatar image for horgen
#36 Posted by Horgen (117219 posts) -

What do you guys listen to when you work out?

Avatar image for ophelmark
#37 Posted by Ophelmark (63 posts) -
Loading Video...

Avatar image for ArmoredCore55
#38 Posted by ArmoredCore55 (24120 posts) -

Disciple - Going Home

Avatar image for stormcast
#39 Posted by Stormcast (330 posts) -
Loading Video...

Avatar image for thehig1
#40 Posted by thehig1 (6431 posts) -
Loading Video...

Best Vocals and lyrics I've ever heard, how he hits those notes is unbelievable. The video is not creepy either :)

Avatar image for stormcast
#41 Posted by Stormcast (330 posts) -

@ophelmark said:
Loading Video...

Is that really Dio's voice?

Avatar image for ArmoredCore55
#42 Posted by ArmoredCore55 (24120 posts) -

Black Tusk - Embrace The Madness

Avatar image for Crash6
#43 Posted by Crash6 (3308 posts) -

@horgen said:

What do you guys listen to when you work out?

Nothing haha....Music distracts me when I work out. I keep focusing on the song instead of the workout.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for stormcast
#44 Posted by Stormcast (330 posts) -
Loading Video...

Avatar image for horgen
#45 Posted by Horgen (117219 posts) -

@Crash6 said:
@horgen said:

What do you guys listen to when you work out?

Nothing haha....Music distracts me when I work out. I keep focusing on the song instead of the workout.

Loading Video...

It tends to help me. But it can't be to good, because then I focus more on the song than work out.

Avatar image for crimsonbrute
#46 Posted by CrimsonBrute (25071 posts) -

I've been channeling my inner old geezer by listening to the Fallout 4 soundtrack on Soundcloud.

Avatar image for ArmoredCore55
#47 Posted by ArmoredCore55 (24120 posts) -

Music from Crash Bandicoot 1.

It's been a long time since I've played that game.

Avatar image for ophelmark
#48 Posted by Ophelmark (63 posts) -
Loading Video...

Avatar image for horgen
#49 Posted by Horgen (117219 posts) -

Save Me by Mahmut Orhan.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for OfficialBed
#50 Posted by OfficialBed (17654 posts) -

Waking The Cadaver - "Money Power Death"