The New Mutants gets it's latest trailer and finally coming out form it's hiatus!

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 40070 Posts

Okay, I'm totally on-board with this cause it's not Fox and it's part of the MCU now. This might go down as one of the most interesting movies ever in terms of getting through development hell. That said, can I just say I'm happy were getting Magick, Demon Bear, & Sunspot on the big screen.

Another thing, this is a Horror Marvel flick. Kevin Feige watched The New Mutants and pushed for it being released as originally intended before Fox ordered reshoots. It being too "dark" was Fox's issue not Disney. Kudos to Feige for pushing this.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 6939 Posts

Quick reading on the production history sent lots of alarm bells ringing. Sounds like it plunged into the 7th circle of Development Hell, bounced back up into Limbo, then nose-dived back into the 8th circle of DevHell (now under new management by mouse-headed demons), before drifting slowly back up to the land of the living like a bloated corpse.

Monster flop written all over it.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 15836 Posts

I heard it's not officially part of the MCU as of yet. If it becomes a hit, then I can see them pushing for that connection. Honestly, I'm just indifferent to it at this point.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 9920 Posts

I was interested when I saw the first trailer a couple of years ago as horror superhero movies are not common. After all this time though, I can't say I really care about it anymore.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45413 Posts

I liked Brightburn (I think I'm the only one haaha) so I am totally up for "Superhero horror" movies.

I think that the superhero genre can blend very well with a lot of other areas. I think part of the reason I enjoyed the Logan film is because it was drama and suspense; the action was secondary in some regards. Superhero movies can be more than just action films.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Serraph105  Online
Member since 2007 • 34391 Posts

I definitely want to see this movie. The problematic development issues don't seem to have drastically changed the movie based on the second trailer which is very very similar to the first.

I still think this horror movie xmen flick could still be a ton of fun.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 985 Posts

People say they want something different, until they are given something different.

I can't wait for this movie. Want to see how they handle Magik and her powers. Is she gonna have her Soul Sword yet? I want to see Cannonball in action and how they translate his power to the big screen. Most of all, I want to see the Demon Bear mind **** these kids for an hour and a half.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 19672 Posts

@madrocketeer said:

Quick reading on the production history sent lots of alarm bells ringing. Sounds like it plunged into the 7th circle of Development Hell, bounced back up into Limbo, then nose-dived back into the 8th circle of DevHell (now under new management by mouse-headed demons), before drifting slowly back up to the land of the living like a bloated corpse.

Monster flop written all over it.

This concerned me as well. With all of the churn around the development of this film, I was half expecting them to re-work it into a more conventional comic book film and drop the horror angle. It looks like that hasn't happened at least.