The new and improve Sonic the Hedgehog movie went super sonic upgrade!!!

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 39471 Posts

It's everything I hoped it would be after the Director really listen to the fans and said he's gonna fix Sonic and a huge kudos for that hard work. Whoever was the original Sonic design needs to be fired asap! This trailer was miles better then the last one. Also, Jim Carey's going the actual name Robotnik and not Eggman name is a dream come true :)

I'm sold.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 36528 Posts

It's a better trailer and design for sure.

Though it reminds me of He-man (1987) where instead of using colourful outlandish worlds (in this case it's iconic levels and music) it takes place in a generic street next to Mcdonalds. It looks more like a wacky ET (Paul)

Donno why it's even live action in the first place, same with The World Of Warcraft movie. Money i'm guessing? These are far better suited to animation and Sonic already had a pretty good one with Sonic Boom.

Evil_Loli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Evil_Loli
Member since 2018 • 276 Posts

The humor was so childish and yet, I couldn't help but laugh. The redesign looks good, although, it makes him look a bit more cgi. I'm probably going to see it regardless. The first trailer wasn't that bad, just the design of Sonic. Bonus points for calling him Dr. Robotnik again which I agree with. Ditch the name Eggman for once, it doesn't fit his character.

Ezekiel43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ezekiel43  Online
Member since 2017 • 2035 Posts

Still don't like the design or the voice or the Deadpool attitude or the live action. I don't expect it to do well.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 15831 Posts

At least it went from being an abomination to just a mediocre looking family friendly movie.

I don't think this was the decision of the director to change his look, but rather, the idea of a studio that panicked when the main character of their soon to be tentpole franchise looked like something a third rate artist came up with. You can't have a successful film & merchandising franchise when your main character looks like something resembling a bootlrg plushie doll from thr state fair.

At least Sonic looks better. I still can't believe someone signed off on the initial design... I imagine SOMEONE at Paramount got fired over that.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10462 Posts

It looks better, but not exactly good. This is the kind of movie I watch when I stumple over it on Netflix. No way I watch this in cinema.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98126 Posts

Someone said a few days ago they might have done this on purpose for the viral response. I have a hard time believing they would have designed him so horribly on purpose from the beginning if not to generate interest.

There are amateur 3D artists on Twitter that could do up a better design in a few days that would have been closer to official art.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@foxhound_fox said:

Someone said a few days ago they might have done this on purpose for the viral response. I have a hard time believing they would have designed him so horribly on purpose from the beginning if not to generate interest.

Heard that theory, too. Can't believe there are people who think that's valid--you don't purposely design the main character in your movie to look like crap just to build up buzz for it. That's counterproductive, and that's why studios have marketing departments SOLELY to promote their products. No one worth their salt would deliberately would sabotage their $50 - 100 million dollar movie just for a "viral response".

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45054 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:
@foxhound_fox said:

Heard that theory, too. Can't believe there are people who think that's valid--you don't purposely design the main character in your movie to look like crap just to build up buzz for it. That's counterproductive, and that's why studios have marketing departments SOLELY to promote their products. No one worth their salt would deliberately would sabotage their $50 - 100 million dollar movie just for a "viral response".

I'm not so sure in this day and age to be honest...

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 39471 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@hallenbeck77 said:
@foxhound_fox said:

I'm not so sure in this day and age to be honest...

When it comes to trusting corporations, I'm a somewhat skeptical. But here, I really see no substance to the baseless claims that this was the intended trailer and that the previous one was just a fake one to lower people's expectations. I really see no reason why that'd be the case. If they had shown this trailer along the news of working with the people who designed Sonic first time around then fans would have been a lot more hyped knowing that they can make things competently the first time around. Second, they lost viewers by showing the first trailer. The only people who are seeing all these changes are the people who's keeping up with the movie's progress, but there are people who simply saw the first trailer and now don't want to see or hear about the movie anymore. With the Redesign of Sonic, it basically screams "ok we literally screwed up and as proof, we fixed it" please forgive us. It is very rare for a movie studio to listen to fans these days and the fact Sonic movie was supposed to be release this month proves Paramount doesn't want to lose alot of revenue, they were serious about changing Sonic.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#11 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 5356 Posts

@ezekiel43:

Sonic was always meant to be a show-offie jerk with bad puns. Though you're probably right. The movie will most likely not sell very well.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 5649 Posts

Amazing how much better everything looks now just because Sonic now finally looks like Sonic and not a midget blue werewolf. Hopefully this does great.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45054 Posts

@davillain-: fair enough. I suppose it doesn't make sense to do a fan service film and alienate your fans.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 213

#14 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 13938 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

It's a better trailer and design for sure.

Though it reminds me of He-man (1987) where instead of using colourful outlandish worlds (in this case it's iconic levels and music) it takes place in a generic street next to Mcdonalds. It looks more like a wacky ET (Paul)

Donno why it's even live action in the first place, same with The World Of Warcraft movie. Money i'm guessing? These are far better suited to animation and Sonic already had a pretty good one with Sonic Boom.

Most likely. CGI can be pretty expensive. They may have gone live-action to save money on the CGI.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 5286 Posts

Can't be any worse than Fantasy Island, right?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jag85

@Solaryellow said:

Can't be any worse than Fantasy Island, right?

What's wrong with Fantasy Island? It looks like a typical Blumhouse horror to me.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@Jag85: You ever watch the show it's based on? I don't recall it ever being that frigging dark.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jag85

@hallenbeck77 said:

@Jag85: You ever watch the show it's based on? I don't recall it ever being that frigging dark.

Didn't watch the original show. But I'm aware that the original was not a horror, so I can kind of see why fans of the original show might be upset by it.

But since I'm not too familiar with the original show, I just see it a Blumhouse horror interpretation of the original show. Something along the lines of, say, Split or Get Out.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 5586 Posts

Yeah I have a feeling it will do well. Seems like a pretty standard kids movie.

I'm more interested in seeing what the gaming industry does with Sonic's new-found popularity if it does well.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 5286 Posts

@Jag85: Read post number seventeen as it sums up my reasoning adequately.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2181 Posts

Looking good. I probably won't get around to watching it though.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 17610 Posts

@uninspiredcup: "it takes place in a generic street next to Mcdonalds"

lol