The most important choice OF YOUR ENTIRE LIFE!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

Poll The most important choice OF YOUR ENTIRE LIFE! (22 votes)

Jim and Pam 0%
Andy and April 55%
I'm a silly contrarian and refuse to select one of the two answers. 45%

Who is the best on-screen romance:

Jim and Pam from The Office?

No Caption Provided

Or April and Andy from Parks and Recreation?

No Caption Provided

Jim and Pam was pretty great to watch, but it got a little too precious for me at times.

Andy and April seems like a more believable relationship to me. I know people like that. Plus I love Aubrey Plaza.

• 
Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10435 Posts

i'd go for andy and april. jim and pam suffer from the same thing myles and daphne did in frasier i.e. become much less interesting as individuals once they get together, and the show suffers overall as a result. couldn't tell you why exactly, maybe the loss of the whole "will they, won't they?" tension. probably a lot of little things. but that didn't seem to happen with andy and april, maybe because they didn't have a drawn out "will they, won't they" period

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8771 Posts

Didn't really watch the U.S. version of The Office. Watched all of Parks and Recreation. So I guess Andy and April. Aubrey Plaza is pretty...cool.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

Andy & April all the way. I say that having never seen a full episode of the Office.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

Andy and April.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

Like everyone has said, Andy & April for me as well.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7264 Posts

Voted Andy and April, but I like both pairings for different reasons.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

Andy and April. They're the more interesting characters, and are all around better to their friends and co-workers. Even when April was busting balls, you could tell that she cared.

Jim and Pam on the other hand, always looked miserable. Didn't help that they came off as total s*its to their co-workers and to each other even when they finally got together. They always look like they were trapped in a bitter, soulless, loveless relationship. Hell, look at the picture of them in this thread!

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

How would anyone not pick April and Andy?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

I like and watched both shows I voted contrarian but if I had to pick some sort of couple from these shows it would be..

Ron and Tammy

Loading Video...
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Wow, overwhelmingly in favor of Andy and April, this is kind of surprising. Was expecting people to be split.

@warmblur said:

I like and watched both shows I voted contrarian but if I had pick some sort of couple from these shows it would be..

Ron and Tammy

Ohohohohoho! Wild card!

Well played, sir.

I always did enjoy the episodes with Tammy.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

The Jim/Pam thing was meh. Michael and Jan is where it's at.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#12 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I went with Andy and April. I really love when goofy guys get the girl.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#13 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Haven't seen either series unfortunately.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

Andy and April. They're the more interesting characters, and are all around better to their friends and co-workers. Even when April was busting balls, you could tell that she cared.

Jim and Pam on the other hand, always looked miserable. Didn't help that they came off as total s*its to their co-workers and to each other even when they finally got together. They always look like they were trapped in a bitter, soulless, loveless relationship. Hell, look at the picture of them in this thread!

Yeah Jim and Pam felt a little too fairy tale to me, too manufactured, too predictable. And was therefore kind of a let down. Jim felt like he was too chivalrous, yet disingenuous at the same time because he was still kind of a jerk, like you said. I mean what kind of jerk is a dick to everyone else except the woman he thinks he loves?

Pam on the other hand was just this weak, poor portrayal of a woman. Outside of going to art school, she didn't really develop as a character; she was just this soft-spoken "stereotypical female assistant" that existed solely as someone for Jim to land. Pam is a boring character without Jim.

The above is obviously a very cynical view of Jim and Pam; I enjoyed watching both characters but in the end their romance seemed kind of meh.

Andy and April were great characters on their own, and therefore great as a couple. Andy with his beautiful soul, naivete, and genuine kindness pairs extremely well with April's sly cleverness, dark brooding mood, but likewise beautiful soul.

@JustPlainLucas said:

I went with Andy and April. I really love when goofy guys get the girl.

Yeah, this too.

Thank god they stuck with him, apparently Andy was going to be written off after the first few episodes.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@mrbojangles25: I think you nailed it completely. I did like The Office initially, but after rewatching it recently, it doesn't hold up as well. Most of the characters come off as cynical, and barely tolerate each other. Even Michael was a jerk that first season, until the writers retooled him to be somewhat likeable, if extremely flawed. Once he left the show, it just suffered the rest if it's run. I bailed on the rewatch.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

@mrbojangles25: I think you nailed it completely. I did like The Office initially, but after rewatching it recently, it doesn't hold up as well. Most of the characters come off as cynical, and barely tolerate each other. Even Michael was a jerk that first season, until the writers retooled him to be somewhat likeable, if extremely flawed. Once he left the show, it just suffered the rest if it's run. I bailed on the rewatch.

I actually find the post-Michael episodes, end of Season 7 and Season 8 to be good. The whole Florida arc is actually very well done imo. Robert California is a much better character than I originally thought on subsequent watches.

The final season is not good. The camera guy angle, Andy's return from the boat. It all went a bit sideways. They were clearly trying to wrap up the show I guess.

Jim and Pam got together too early for me. I eventually was rooting for Karen.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@sonic_spark said:
@hallenbeck77 said:

I actually find the post-Michael episodes, end of Season 7 and Season 8 to be good. The whole Florida arc is actually very well done imo. Robert California is a much better character than I originally thought on subsequent watches.

The final season is not good. The camera guy angle, Andy's return from the boat. It all went a bit sideways. They were clearly trying to wrap up the show I guess.

Jim and Pam got together too early for me. I eventually was rooting for Karen.

I like James Spader, but I couldn't make it through a second time (no fault of his own, though, he was the only bright spot). On the plus side, this only made me appreciate Parks and Rec that much more--although the first season was bumpy; it had the one guy who was supposed to be Leslie's love interest, but was gone by the start of season 2.

Peasly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#20 Peasly
Member since 2004 • 554 Posts

Think I'd go with either Westley and Buttercup (The Princess Bride) or Monica and Chandler (Friends)..!!