The most enjoyment I will ever get out of life is watching tv and playing games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chocobo7000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chocobo7000
Member since 2008 • 737 Posts

I don't really enjoy anything else in life. I don't like people, traveling, any other activities, I'm not really interested in anything. There are moments that are fun, but overall I'm not that happy about doing anything. Activites that other people enjoy so much are very mediocre of enjoyment for me. I prefer to stay locked in my house, watching tv/movies or playing videogames to pass the time, anything else in life is a chore. I do get the urge to socialize and go places, but after I have I am left unsatisfied.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

Not even that thing you do with the opposite sex to relax?

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts

Most people would call you a loser, but I know how you feel at times. I think it boils down to just not wanting to deal with people anymore. If something is even a long drive away I'm very discouraged to go, unless it's something seriously worth while to me like a sporting event.

Edit: or as Legendaryscmt has just reminded me, the ladies. 8) I'll tolerate a five hour drive for spring break in Miami haha.

3riForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 3riForce
Member since 2004 • 2293 Posts
I used to be like that in high school but its changed a lot since college started.
chocobo7000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 chocobo7000

Not even that thing you do with the opposite sex to relax?

Legendaryscmt
I don't often get the opportunity to do that, but when I do it's not that great because it's with someone I don't like that much or isn't that attractive. It's more of a hassle worrying about stds and everything.
chocobo7000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 chocobo7000
I used to be like that in high school but its changed a lot since college started.3riForce
I don't think I'll ever find true happiness in life. It depresses me to think I'll be this way forever, I want to have interests in something. I try to get out more, learn new skills, play guitar etc but it's all not really fun for me. I really don't have fun doing anything. Even if I get married and start a family, I might be happy for a while but what if that happiness fades and I lose interest? I always do lose interest in everything.
aveman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 aveman1
Member since 2004 • 3383 Posts

I've identified what appears to be a crutch between working and being lazy among people. Not scary, but it's intellectually creepy to me. I've also observed that work that is fullfilling and challenging brakes this crutch. Furthermore, I've found that fullfilling work is something that innate interacts with an aspect of your fundamental personality. Reading this over, all this seems very obvious given old social sayings, but it nevertheless surprised me when I originally phrased it.

viva_hate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 viva_hate
Member since 2009 • 2414 Posts

I do get the urge to socialize and go places, but after I have I am left unsatisfied.

chocobo7000

Maybe you're just hanging with the wrong people? I don't mean they're bad people, but maybe you could diversify your friends.

-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 -supercharged-
Member since 2006 • 5820 Posts

You are not alone.. If there was no tv, no video games, no entertainment everyone would go crazy. But I wouldnt suggest locking yourself up in your house all the time it's just not healthy.

idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts
Your not alone, I use to do activities and hang out a lot and sports. But now I just sit in my room doing nothing but video games and TV. Videogames > Sports, well for me now.
chocobo7000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chocobo7000

[QUOTE="chocobo7000"]

I do get the urge to socialize and go places, but after I have I am left unsatisfied.

viva_hate

Maybe you're just hanging with the wrong people? I don't mean they're bad people, but maybe you could diversify your friends.

I'm not good at making new friends. Whenever I'm at parties I try to be social and meet new people but I don't enjoy socializing. I have had different groups of friends in the past and I've haven't enjoyed being around them much either. I think I am the problem, I'm not the coolest person to be around and I lack common sense needed for social situations. I think maybe if I were really smart/charming/good looking or whatever I would enjoy social situations more, but I am who I am.
idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts
[QUOTE="viva_hate"]

[QUOTE="chocobo7000"]

chocobo7000

I'm not good at making new friends. Whenever I'm at parties I try to be social and meet new people but I don't enjoy socializing. I have had different groups of friends in the past and I've haven't enjoyed being around them much either. I think I am the problem, I'm not the coolest person to be around and I lack common sense needed for social situations. I think maybe if I were really smart/charming/good looking or whatever I would enjoy social situations more, but I am who I am.

How do you get invited to parties if you lock yourself in your room and don't socialize? Unless it is a videogame lan party :P
Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Diablo112688
Member since 2003 • 8345 Posts
I would guess you have failed at having things with the opposite sex.. and at ohter things... Am I wrong.???????????????? Maybe I a, way olff and being pretentious... i am drunk.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
I think you should get out more. Video games can only provide so much.
Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Diablo112688
I think you should get out more. Video games can only provide so much.duxup
Easy for you to say.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 duxup
[QUOTE="duxup"]I think you should get out more. Video games can only provide so much.Diablo112688
Easy for you to say.

Getting out and doing something other than TV or video games is easy.
Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Diablo112688
[QUOTE="Diablo112688"][QUOTE="duxup"]I think you should get out more. Video games can only provide so much.duxup
Easy for you to say.

Yeah for you. Open your mind and realize that what is easy to you is nearly impossible.... if not impossible to others.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 duxup
[QUOTE="Diablo112688"][QUOTE="duxup"][QUOTE="Diablo112688"] Easy for you to say.

Yeah for you. Open your mind and realize that what is easy to you is nearly impossible.... if not impossible to others.

Is someone holding a gun to people's head to make them play video games and watch TV?
weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
i say get a job. it will make you more social and get some cash
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

Diablo112688

In which case they need to get outside and see a psychiatrist or psychologist, which is what I'd suggest the TC do.

3riForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 3riForce
If you're passionate about TV or videogames you could go on to study and create them, if you're a creative guy, and it could become a hobby. Just a suggestion.
Avatar image for bebopoutlaw3gun
bebopoutlaw3gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bebopoutlaw3gun
Member since 2004 • 5584 Posts

Is someone holding a gun to people's head to make them play video games and watch TV?duxup

Maybe. And maybe TC has one of those weird captor/captive bonds where they need eachother...he doesn't wanna rat out the person hes become most emotionally attatched to.

3riForce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 3riForce

[QUOTE="duxup"] Is someone holding a gun to people's head to make them play video games and watch TV?bebopoutlaw3gun

Maybe. And maybe TC has one of those weird captor/captive bonds where they need eachother...he doesn't wanna rat out the person hes become most emotionally attatched to.

You mean stockholm syndrome?
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 duxup

[QUOTE="duxup"] Is someone holding a gun to people's head to make them play video games and watch TV?bebopoutlaw3gun

If someone is holding a gun to their head and forcing them to play video games and watch TV they get a break. Others do not.
Avatar image for bebopoutlaw3gun
bebopoutlaw3gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bebopoutlaw3gun
Member since 2004 • 5584 Posts

You mean stockholm syndrome?3riForce

Ha, yeah. The named had slipped me.

Ceneb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ceneb
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts
Yeah, I don't watch to much TV though. I play games a lot usually, but the last two weeks I haven't picked up a controller.
one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

If TV and video games are an inescapable part of your life and you can afford this lifestyle yourself, then by all means go for it; it is much better than not enjoying anything at all.

LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts

While those may be all you need, all I have to say is that you are really missing out in life.

blaze000119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 blaze000119
Member since 2006 • 116 Posts
Understood. Have Sex then report back. If you feel the same way rinse and repeat until you see the light :) I do understand what your saying though. Parties are only people gathered around drinking these days. The more you drink, the better the party. Way the worlds goin. ppl dont know how to have fun.