The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part wins the box office weekend but it under under-performed :(

#1 Edited by DaVillain- (34462 posts) -

(I been on hiatus and now, I'm back doing these)

1. The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part - $34.4 Million (new release)
  2. What Men Want - $19.0 Million (new release)
  3. Cold Pursuit - $10.8 Million (new release)
  4. The Upside - $7.2 Million
  5. Glass - $6.4 Million
  6. The Prodigy - $6.0 Million (new release)
  7. Green Book - $3.5 Million
  8. Aquaman - $3.3 Million
  9. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: $3.0 Million
  10. Miss Bala - $2.7 Million

Me and my daughter went to see Lego Movie 2: The Second Part, she like it more but to me, it was okay, not really as good as the first Lego movie cause they went all out on the first one.

But anyhow, weeks after weeks, the box office has been slow, I honestly don't know what's going on. I guess there's nothing really new to see.

February 8-10 mojo's box office weekend

#2 Posted by Evil_Loli (98 posts) -

Glass was pretty good but my Theaters was empty.

#3 Posted by Speeny (1124 posts) -

Didn't even know The Lego Movie 2 was a thing. I heard the first part was good though.

#4 Posted by Mandzilla (3351 posts) -

Wow, I really thought Glass would do better than that. At least it beat the other superhero films though.

#5 Posted by Gwynbleidd_91 (88 posts) -

Happy to see Spiderman is still on there, loved the film.

#6 Posted by nepu7supastar7 (4913 posts) -

@davillain-:

I thought Lego 2 was just as good as the first one. My little girl loved it too but it doesn't really take much. It was a safe sequel. For better or worse.

#7 Posted by CrimsonBrute (25296 posts) -
@davillain- said:
Me and my daughter went to see Lego Movie 2: The Second Part, she like it more but to me, it was okay, not really as good as the first Lego movie cause they went all out on the first one.

Of course, they had nothing to lose and now that it is an established franchise (I guess) they decided to (as nepu7supastar7 said) play it safe. Who knows? Maybe part 3 might make some waves.

#8 Edited by Jag85 (12762 posts) -
@mandzilla said:

Wow, I really thought Glass would do better than that. At least it beat the other superhero films though.

I haven't seen the movie, but apparently it has a divisive twist ending (how typical of Shyamalan) which negatively affected its word-of-mouth (no spoilers please). At this rate, it's unlikely to beat Split. Although Glass still has a very large profit margin because of its limited budget.

#9 Edited by Hallenbeck77 (15593 posts) -
@crimsonbrute said:
@davillain- said:

Of course, they had nothing to lose and now that it is an established franchise (I guess) they decided to (as nepu7supastar7 said) play it safe. Who knows? Maybe part 3 might make some waves.

At this rate, I think Warner Bros. might be done with the Lego movies. There's been diminishing returns for each movie (although nowhere near as bad as The Lego Ninjago movie's opening weekend). Still want to see this one, though.

#10 Edited by Jacanuk (17687 posts) -

@davillain- said:

(I been on hiatus and now, I'm back doing these)

1. The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part - $34.4 Million (new release)
  2. What Men Want - $19.0 Million (new release)
  3. Cold Pursuit - $10.8 Million (new release)
  4. The Upside - $7.2 Million
  5. Glass - $6.4 Million
  6. The Prodigy - $6.0 Million (new release)
  7. Green Book - $3.5 Million
  8. Aquaman - $3.3 Million
  9. Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: $3.0 Million
  10. Miss Bala - $2.7 Million

But anyhow, weeks after weeks, the box office has been slow, I honestly don't know what's going on. I guess there's nothing really new to see.

February 8-10 mojo's box office weekend

Hmm, Lego Movie 2 going kinda strong and considering the other releases, do not feel like it underperformed, considering it´s a Lego movie.

Bad luck for Liam Nesson though, only 10.8mill guess the "offence-movement" hurt it.