The Hobbit countdown thread!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

honkyjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

User Lists: 0

#1 honkyjoe
Member since 2005 • 5907 Posts

Woooooooo! The Hobbit comes out 2010. Lets keep this thread alive for 2 more years.

Do you think it will be as good as LotR???:|

BladeOfHeaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 BladeOfHeaven
Member since 2006 • 6027 Posts
Hmm....this could be quite an epic thread :P
Iron_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Iron_will
Member since 2007 • 2837 Posts
Holy, I didn't know that there was a Hobbit movie coming out.
omfg_its_dally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 omfg_its_dally
Member since 2006 • 8068 Posts
The Hobbit was the only LOTR book I read, I loved it. The movie should be good. I also heard that they are going to make another movie that takes place inbetweent The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring.
Notsogr8one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Notsogr8one
Member since 2004 • 3739 Posts
I don't think it'll necessarily be as good as the trilogy but I have high hopes. I believe in Guillermo Del Torro
honkyjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 honkyjoe

I don't think it'll necessarily be as good as the trilogy but I have high hopes. I believe in Guillermo Del TorroNotsogr8one

Ya I do too. I think he will do a fine job. Peter Jackson is producing it too which is great. What a disaster it would be if they got Michael Bay to do The Hobbit movie...

Iron_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Iron_will
The Hobbit was the only LOTR book I read, I loved it. The movie should be good. I also heard that they are going to make another movie that takes place inbetweent The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring.omfg_its_dally
Me too, loved it as well. Just hoping that the movie will be good.
Notsogr8one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Notsogr8one
I still think a movie with a collection of the stories in The Silmarillion would be badass.
indian_playa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 indian_playa
Member since 2007 • 2182 Posts

I don't think it'll necessarily be as good as the trilogy but I have high hopes. I believe in Guillermo Del TorroNotsogr8one

i have my doubts. I just think that the creatures will look more like they're from Pan's Labirinth(sp?). i do know though that it will be 2 or more movies, just all filmed at once to save money

metaldude05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 metaldude05
Member since 2008 • 978 Posts

i like the idea of doing two movies that way they will be able to capture most the story. im definitely excited although im not sure it will be the same with a different director

EDIT: didnt notice post above me

honkyjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 honkyjoe

I still think a movie with a collection of the stories in The Silmarillion would be badass.Notsogr8one

I hope they make the supposed 2nd movie about The Silmarillion. I wonder how they would portray Morgoth?

Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#12 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts

are they still splitting it up into two movies. i like that idea, that way they will be able to capture most the storymetaldude05

actually, the first movie is based directly of the hobbit, while the other movie is a fiction used to connect the hobbit and the lord of the ring triology

honkyjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 honkyjoe

are they still splitting it up into two movies. i like that idea, that way they will be able to capture most the storymetaldude05

They are going to do 1 film based on "The Hobbit" book and the other they will do based on the ventures of gandalf and aragorn bewteen the hobbit and LOTR.

metaldude05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 metaldude05
Member since 2008 • 978 Posts

[QUOTE="metaldude05"]are they still splitting it up into two movies. i like that idea, that way they will be able to capture most the storyFranko_3

actually, the first movie is based directly of the hobbit, while the other movie is a fiction used to connect the hobbit and the lord of the ring triology

im not sure i like that idea. why cant they just stick to whats written

tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 tman93
Member since 2006 • 7769 Posts

[QUOTE="metaldude05"]are they still splitting it up into two movies. i like that idea, that way they will be able to capture most the storyhonkyjoe

They are going to do 1 film based on "The Hobbit" book and the other they will do based on the ventures of gandalf and aragorn bewteen the hobbit and LOTR.

You think they will get Viggo for that one? I just can't watch it if its completely different character.

I have to do more researh one this one, I loved everything about LotR and The Hobbit was a great book, but if its not up to the LotR movies, I don't think I could enjoy it, at least not alot.

Megadeth425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Megadeth425
Member since 2007 • 221 Posts
[QUOTE="Franko_3"]

[QUOTE="metaldude05"]are they still splitting it up into two movies. i like that idea, that way they will be able to capture most the storymetaldude05

I agree. Seems like they're so desperate to milk that cash cow until it bleeds that they'll stray off into stuff Tolkein didn't even have a hand in.
Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Franko_3
[QUOTE="Franko_3"]

[QUOTE="metaldude05"]are they still splitting it up into two movies. i like that idea, that way they will be able to capture most the storymetaldude05

honkyjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 honkyjoe
[QUOTE="honkyjoe"]

[QUOTE="metaldude05"]are they still splitting it up into two movies. i like that idea, that way they will be able to capture most the storytman93

You think they will get Viggo for that one? I just can't watch it if its completely different character.

I have to do more researh one this one, I loved everything about LotR and The Hobbit was a great book, but if its not up to the LotR movies, I don't think I could enjoy it, at least not alot.

He is already Signed on:D..Same with Ian McKellen and Andy Serkis(Gollum)

Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Franko_3
[QUOTE="tman93"][QUOTE="honkyjoe"]

[QUOTE="metaldude05"]are they still splitting it up into two movies. i like that idea, that way they will be able to capture most the storyhonkyjoe

I hope Christopher Lee will also sign, even if he is 80+, he was the best with Saruman

senses_blank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 senses_blank
Member since 2008 • 532 Posts

thats the year i graduate high school.......thats way too soon

tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tman93
[QUOTE="tman93"][QUOTE="honkyjoe"]

Omgomgomgomgomgomg YES!

I havn't done reseach into this movie much, but knowing stuff like this, I think it should be just as good as the LotR triliogy.

tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tman93

Doing a little more quick research, I think it got delayed till 2011 and the next one in 2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts
I'll wait for the movie, only cause I can't be bothered reading the books :P
Iron_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Iron_will

Doing a little more quick research, I think it got delayed till 2011 and the next one in 2012

tman93
Oh god, you have to be joking.
Shadowhawk000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Shadowhawk000
Member since 2007 • 3453 Posts
If it is made Well it would be great however if they make it just for some more cash it will be a major Failure..
Notsogr8one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Notsogr8one
If it is made Well it would be great however if they make it just for some more cash it will be a major Failure..Shadowhawk000
I don't think those involved would let that happen.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#27 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts
To keep the thread up until the film is released? That's up to the moderators I'm afraid.
-Shooter-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -Shooter-
Member since 2006 • 4295 Posts

Holy, I didn't know that there was a Hobbit movie coming out.Iron_will

Same here

koopa_shell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 koopa_shell
Member since 2008 • 15001 Posts
The three LOTR movies are my favorite movies of all time!! Hopefully the Hobbit is just as good.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36039 Posts

Hmm....this could be quite an epic thread :PBladeOfHeaven

hm your right it could be the one thread to rule them all

Wolf-avatar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Wolf-avatar
Member since 2007 • 7783 Posts
This thread wont last 2 days.
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts
I'm looking forward to it, I think it'll be awesome.
Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts

[QUOTE="Notsogr8one"]I don't think it'll necessarily be as good as the trilogy but I have high hopes. I believe in Guillermo Del Torrohonkyjoe

Ya I do too. I think he will do a fine job. Peter Jackson is producing it too which is great. What a disaster it would be if they got Michael Bay to do The Hobbit movie...

No one should ever kid about that. If he was directing, I'm sure the Pentagon would be involved, somehow.
Avatar image for ElectronicMagic
ElectronicMagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ElectronicMagic
Member since 2005 • 5412 Posts

The Hobbit was the only LOTR book I read, I loved it. The movie should be good. I also heard that they are going to make another movie that takes place inbetweent The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring.omfg_its_dally

But that's what I don't get, there isn't a book as far as I know that takes place between The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring. So what are they going to do? Make something up? I don't like the sound of that. However I loved The Hobbit book and am looking forward to that movie. I doubt it will be as epic as the LOTR trilogy.

Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts

I love the Hobbit. Hopefully Peter Jackson won't let Guillermo make the movie too weird. :P

I'm curious how the spiders and Smaug will turn out.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts
I doubt it will be as good as the LOTR movies, if its released sometime
tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tman93

[QUOTE="omfg_its_dally"]The Hobbit was the only LOTR book I read, I loved it. The movie should be good. I also heard that they are going to make another movie that takes place inbetweent The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring.ElectronicMagic

But that's what I don't get, there isn't a book as far as I know that takes place between The Hobbit and The Fellowship of the Ring. So what are they going to do? Make something up? I don't like the sound of that. However I loved The Hobbit book and am looking forward to that movie. I doubt it will be as epic as the LOTR trilogy.

Well Tolkin kinda went into what happened in-between The Hobbit and the Fellowship of the Ring. Things like Gandalf and Aragon hunting down gollum and stuff, my memory is bad so I don't remember if we went into it more.
tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tman93

This thread wont last 2 days.Wolf-avatar
Two years form now, when this thread is on its third edition because it couldn't fit any more posts in the first two, and its stickied because the movie is about to come out, you will look back and say "Wow I got owned."

JK, or not :P

Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
Two years? I'm excited about the movie, too, but c'mon . . . :P
69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 69ANT69
Member since 2007 • 8472 Posts

I can't think it will be anywhere as good as LOTR, but I am still excited about it.

And the chances of keeping this thread going for two years are not looking good.

MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 MoldOnHold
Member since 2005 • 11760 Posts

Wowza, I had no idea this was coming out. :o

COUNTDOWN THREAD WINS.

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
[QUOTE="honkyjoe"][QUOTE="tman93"][QUOTE="honkyjoe"]

[QUOTE="metaldude05"]are they still splitting it up into two movies. i like that idea, that way they will be able to capture most the storyFranko_3

I hope Christopher Lee will also sign, even if he is 80+, he was the best with Saruman

He said he'd like to return if asked (probably will be) but he's not sure about flying to New Zealand at his age, he's 86 after all.
Nills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 Nills
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

Hmm, 2 years?

Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts
Ah awesome! Loved the book, the film should be great. :)
artichoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 artichoke
Member since 2006 • 2271 Posts
I really liked the book so I'm looking forward to the movie. I'm not to sure about the second one. It seems like they're just trying to make more money since they know everyone will watch it.
StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts
The Hobbit.
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Serraph105

I really liked the book so I'm looking forward to the movie. I'm not to sure about the second one. It seems like they're just trying to make more money since they know everyone will watch it.artichoke

idk i think so long as they dont leave out anything important or cool then the second movie is justified

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Serraph105
Guillermo del Toro (the guy who did Pans Labrynth) shall be directing aslo Del Toro plans to do something really big with Smaug. He said, that 'Smaug should not be "the Dragon in the Hobbit movie" as if it was just "another" creature in a Bestiary. Smaug should be "The DRAGON" for all movies past and present.'
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Serraph105
Howard Shore, who composed the music for Lord of the Rings, will be composer for The Hobbit, too.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#50 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

Hmm....this could be quite an epic thread :PBladeOfHeaven

Why yes.. Yes it Could..