The Dark Knight Rises - 96% on RT from 28 Reviews

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#201 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts
[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

I don't see why the LOTR films are so revered. The story is so pretentious, which I absolutely hate.

-Tish-
You clearly don't appreciate the extent of Tolkien's genius. The dude was a professor at Oxford and created (as well as spoke) like 15 languages, and is considered a founding father of high fantasy. I would encourage you to read the books but there's an enormous level of comprehension required, and in this attention deficit-driven society of today, you'd probably struggle with it.

*Sees a person who disagrees with me... Must be stupid*
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
[QUOTE="-Tish-"][QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

I don't see why the LOTR films are so revered. The story is so pretentious, which I absolutely hate.

lx_theo
You clearly don't appreciate the extent of Tolkien's genius. The dude was a professor at Oxford and created (as well as spoke) like 15 languages, and is considered a founding father of high fantasy. I would encourage you to read the books but there's an enormous level of comprehension required, and in this attention deficit-driven society of today, you'd probably struggle with it.

It's BluRayHiDef.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#203 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts
[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"][QUOTE="lx_theo"][QUOTE="-Tish-"] You clearly don't appreciate the extent of Tolkien's genius. The dude was a professor at Oxford and created (as well as spoke) like 15 languages, and is considered a founding father of high fantasy. I would encourage you to read the books but there's an enormous level of comprehension required, and in this attention deficit-driven society of today, you'd probably struggle with it.

It's BluRayHiDef.

So? The issues he brings up that I am criticizing make no mention of any issue with who is saying it, only what they said.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#204 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

The issues he brings up that I am criticizing make no mention of any issue with who is saying it, only what they said.lx_theo

Nah, in this case they do.