The Dark Knight Rises - 96% on RT from 28 Reviews

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DharmaMember77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 DharmaMember77
Member since 2010 • 2377 Posts

Third negative review just posted

SteverXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 SteverXIII
Member since 2010 • 3795 Posts

Third negative review just posted

DharmaMember77
And in comes the neckbeard lynch mob
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#153 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

Will see it regardless of reviews.

cfstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#154 cfstar
Member since 2009 • 1979 Posts

I'm four pages into the review from this Christy and i've seen people say that she gave Battleship a fresh and not this in every page.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

I'm four pages into the review from this Christy and i've seen people say that she gave Battleship a fresh and not this in every page.

cfstar
This is the weakest argument one could make for any negative review.
cfstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 cfstar

A new page of comments on the review, Now they're also going for the third reviewer.

Jesus Christ these guys are brutal.

SteverXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 SteverXIII
Jesus Christ these guys are brutalcfstar
Um, I wouldn't call fat film fans who rage on reviewers for giving a film they haven't even seen brutal.
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

Jesus Christ these guys are brutal.

cfstar

You know it is bad when Rottentomatoes is actually starting to go after critic trooling and trying to police the comments.

cfstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 cfstar

[QUOTE="cfstar"]Jesus Christ these guys are brutalSteverXIII
Um, I wouldn't call fat film fans who rage on reviewers for giving a film they haven't even seen brutal.

I mean the words.

They're calling her all sorts of stuff, saying all sorts of sh*t, sexism, how she rated other films fresh and not this one, etc.

They just don't stop.

SteverXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 SteverXIII
They just don't stopcfstar
They need to find something to do. Wanking over their waifus does get boring after a while.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
The comments are about as misogynistic as it gets.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#162 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2012/07/dark-knight-fans-are-not-amused-critics-negative-review/54644

Lol.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#163 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
Kind of funny how the negative reviews are getting hundreds of comments from people who haven't even seen the movie yet. :P
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#164 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts
I doubt the movie will be that good but Im still going to watch it. I was more pumped for The Amazing Spiderman.
Slashless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

#165 Slashless
Member since 2011 • 9534 Posts

Sh*ts gonna be so awesome.

Probably will hang around the 92-94% area.

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
At 91% now, The nolanites will not be happy.
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts
Will see no matter what.
RandomWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 RandomWinner
Member since 2010 • 3751 Posts

How does this normally work? Can we expect it to go up or down from here?

Let's keep in mind Begins got an 85% with severly low expectations. If this movie stays in the 90s I'm sure it will be remembered very positively. It doesn't have to be better than TDK, but as long as it stands strongly on its own the trilogy will be remembered as one of the best.

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 layton2012

How does this normally work? Can we expect it to go up or down from here?

Let's keep in mind Begins got an 85% with severly low expectations. If this movie stays in the 90s I'm sure it will be remembered very positively. It doesn't have to be better than TDK, but as long as it stands strongly on its own the trilogy will be remembered as one of the best.

RandomWinner
The movie will be great, if you enjoyed the previous two, yet if you are expecting it to surpass TDK, you will be disappointed, an then there are the reviews that give it a high score just because it's Nolan.
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#170 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

Apparently there are "troll reviewers" out there, and one of them was caught as is apparently not counted on the Tomatometer anymore:

Here

It's a great way to get hits on your site though, not saying this guy is exactly wrong, just that certain people say specific things to get what they want.

cfstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 cfstar

Apparently there are "troll reviewers" out there, and one of them was caught as is apparently not counted on the Tomatometer anymore:

Here

It's a great way to get hits on your site though, not saying this guy is exactly wrong, just that certain people say specific things to get what they want.

WiiMan21

"Easily the most disappointing Batman movie, and i'm including Batman and Robin in that statement"

Wow, the guy has balls.

I wish him all the luck in the world, cause he's gonna f*cking need it.

J-man45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#172 J-man45
Member since 2008 • 11043 Posts

IGN review 9 out of 10

Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#173 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

Kind of funny how the negative reviews are getting hundreds of comments from people who haven't even seen the movie yet. :Pchessmaster1989

Yeah it's kind of similar to when Atlas Shrugged was getting buckets of 5 star reviews from the public well before the film had been released in the theatre. Honestly in this day and age of hyper individualism I'm kind of surprised people even pay attention to reviews...although perhaps that's probably made it worse as people can no longer suffer a dissenting viewpoint.

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 layton2012
89% with 36 reviews, though still sounds like a great movie, kind of funny how people were so happy when it was at 100%. Not that I care about high reviews, I loved spiderman and it is at 74%.
sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#175 sune_Gem
Member since 2006 • 12463 Posts

89% with 36 reviews, though still sounds like a great movie, kind of funny how people were so happy when it was at 100%. Not that I care about high reviews, I loved spiderman and it is at 74%.layton2012

Well I hope it still sounds great. If anything, 89% makes it sounder greater. Since when was that a low score? Especially when it comes to films...

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 SaintLeonidas
Down to 84 percent (though somehow still managing 8.8/10 average), in for a lot more fan-rage today.
layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 layton2012

[QUOTE="layton2012"]89% with 36 reviews, though still sounds like a great movie, kind of funny how people were so happy when it was at 100%. Not that I care about high reviews, I loved spiderman and it is at 74%.sune_Gem

Well I hope it still sounds great. If anything, 89% makes it sounder greater. Since when was that a low score? Especially when it comes to films...

Absolutely, I never thought it was a bad score but many on here were disappointed with 96% yesterday. I know full well that these score are irrelevant since I know I will love this movie.
Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

Kind of funny how the negative reviews are getting hundreds of comments from people who haven't even seen the movie yet. :Pchessmaster1989

They're idiot Batman fanboys.

Most of the negative reviews I've seen use the word "bloated" a lot.

The movies that come to mind when I think "bloated" is Spiderman 3 and Transformers 2, 3 - which were all very rushed and just crammed with stupid action sequences and killed whatever promise we had hoped for.

I predicted this movie would flop, but it's getting mostly good reviews so far. So, maybe it'll turn out to be a decent summer flick.

But I don't expect it to be a good Nolan Action/Thriller.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 SaintLeonidas

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]Kind of funny how the negative reviews are getting hundreds of comments from people who haven't even seen the movie yet. :PNetherscourge

The movies that come to mind when I think "bloated" is Spiderman 3 and Transformers 2, 3 - which were all very rushed and just crammed with stupid action sequences and killed whatever promise we had hoped for.

I predicted this movie would flop, but it's getting mostly good reviews so far. So, maybe it'll turn out to be a decent summer flick.

The use of 'bloated' has me very worried. Ever since casting had begun for the film, and name after name kept coming up, I started to worry Nolan was trying too hard to make this bigger and better by stuffing it to the brim with characters and action, and in doing so possibly losing all coherence and emotion and just being a hollow blockbuster. It is why I haven't been very excited to see this, and I'm even less so now reading some of these negative reviews which seem to justify the reservations I had. Being such a big fan of 'The Dark Knight' I can't believe at this point I'm more excited for the 'Man of Steel' teaser that is supposed to be attached to the film.

Warhawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Warhawk_
Member since 2006 • 1497 Posts

Now it's down to 84%

We need Tom McShea to give it a negative review so we can see more angry fanboys :D

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 layton2012

Now it's down to 84%

We need Tom McShea to give it a negative review so we can see more angry fanboys :D

Warhawk_
On the brightside Anne Hathaway is getting good comments.
IPWNDU2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 IPWNDU2
Member since 2006 • 2535 Posts

Now it's down to 84%

Warhawk_

Mcshea would say TDKR feels all to familiar

todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 todd2r
Member since 2009 • 2615 Posts
It's sinking like a rock. 84%
Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#184 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

Flopmetheus all over again.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#185 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
I don't know..while I'm not all that stoked about TDKR...I can't say that the bad reviews are particularly well written...with the biggest gripe being that it's long and that it's know TDK ...I'm sure the movie will be great..Nolan has given me no reason to expect otherwise as of yet...
Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

[QUOTE="Netherscourge"]

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]Kind of funny how the negative reviews are getting hundreds of comments from people who haven't even seen the movie yet. :PSaintLeonidas

The use of 'bloated' has me very worried. Ever since casting had begun for the film, and name after name kept coming up, I started to worry Nolan was trying too hard to make this bigger and better by stuffing it to the brim with characters and action, and in doing so possibly losing all coherence and emotion and just being a hollow blockbuster. It is why I haven't been very excited to see this, and I'm even less so now reading some of these negative reviews which seem to justify the reservations I had. Being such a big fan of 'The Dark Knight' I can't believe at this point I'm more excited for the 'Man of Steel' teaser that is supposed to be attached to the film.

Agreed.

I actually hate superhero movies that have more than 1 villian or hero in them or try to cover too many different issues. There's not enough time for backstory or character development - it just turns into non-stop action nonsense.

(Which is why I was so shocked at how great Avengers was consideroing all the people involved.)

I always go back to Spiderman 3 - too many things happeneing. TOo many new faces. Barely any backstory or development. The movie just flat out sucked.

They wasted Venom and Sandman IMO. Two pretty big characters and they wasted.

I loved Dark Knight because it was basically Harvey Dent vs. Joker with Batman just providing a connection. Everyone was fully developed and everyone got plenty of plot time. Hd they added more people, it would have been "bloated".

sandlot76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 sandlot76
Member since 2005 • 53267 Posts
Sign me up, I want to see it
cfstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 cfstar

It's sinking like a rock. 84%todd2r

Inception has an 86%

I will see it regardless of score, i have to.

brucewayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 brucewayne69
Member since 2012 • 2864 Posts
I don't know why people are getting worried. Seriously, there are plenty of reviews to go, and who cares what number is asserted to it? Does your enjoyment rely on what a collection of unexperienced reviewers average score is?
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#190 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I don't know why people are getting worried. Seriously, there are plenty of reviews to go, and who cares what number is asserted to it? Does your enjoyment rely on what a collection of unexperienced reviewers average score is?brucewayne69
Not to mention the embargo just lifted, it was different for TDK because the embargo lifted for that movie over a week before the movie was even out. I remember that pretty well.

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 layton2012

[QUOTE="brucewayne69"]I don't know why people are getting worried. Seriously, there are plenty of reviews to go, and who cares what number is asserted to it? Does your enjoyment rely on what a collection of unexperienced reviewers average score is?mitu123

Not to mention the embargo just lifted, it was different for TDK because the embargo lifted for that movie over a week before the movie was even out. I remember that pretty well.

Give it time, it should improve within the next couple if days, it should stay in the 80-88 range.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#192 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]

[QUOTE="Netherscourge"]

Netherscourge

Agreed.

I actually hate superhero movies that have more than 1 villian or hero in them or try to cover too many different issues. There's not enough time for backstory or character development - it just turns into non-stop action nonsense.

(Which is why I was so shocked at how great Avengers was consideroing all the people involved.)

I always go back to Spiderman 3 - too many things happeneing. TOo many new faces. Barely any backstory or development. The movie just flat out sucked.

They wasted Venom and Sandman IMO. Two pretty big characters and they wasted.

I loved Dark Knight because it was basically Harvey Dent vs. Joker with Batman just providing a connection. Everyone was fully developed and everyone got plenty of plot time. Hd they added more people, it would have been "bloated".

avengers didn't have the bloating problems because all the main characters had their own movies and so everyone went in to the avengers knowing the characters pretty well. Spiderman 3 was garbage and that was entirely the vault of the studios, Raimi wanted to do sandman and the vulture and had it all planned out but the studio wanted venom in the movie when the pre production of the movie was already planned out so they shoe horned in venom and spiderman 3 just felt rushed.
layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 layton2012
Back up to 86%, slowly creeping upward again.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 mitu123
Back up to 86%, slowly creeping upward again. layton2012
Needs like 6-8 more positive ones in a row to get 90% again, lol.
layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 layton2012
[QUOTE="layton2012"]Back up to 86%, slowly creeping upward again. mitu123

Part of me wants it to improve the other wants the Nolan fanboys to be humbled and to stop praising him as the second coming of film makers.
PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#196 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

There are two reviews that are the same but one has rotten and one has fresh...

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="layton2012"]Back up to 86%, slowly creeping upward again. layton2012

Part of me wants it to improve the other wants the Nolan fanboys to be humbled and to stop praising him as the second coming of film makers.

I see what you mean. Even his Batman movies are flawed as enjoyable as they are.

It's now at 87%, lol.

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"][QUOTE="layton2012"]Back up to 86%, slowly creeping upward again. layton2012

I should link this post to the Nolan fans so they have a new punching bag until RT allows commenting on TDKR reviews again. :twisted:

layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 layton2012

[QUOTE="layton2012"][QUOTE="mitu123"] Needs like 6-8 more positive ones in a row to get 90% again, lol.mitu123

I see what you mean. Even his Batman movies are flawed as enjoyable as they are.

It's now at 87%, lol.

Good, I want te film to be good, I'm a huge fan, but I hate when people think it is a perfect movie before even watching it. I will reserve my opinion until after next weekend.
-Tish-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#200 -Tish-
Member since 2007 • 3624 Posts

I don't see why the LOTR films are so revered. The story is so pretentious, which I absolutely hate.

BluRayHiDef
You clearly don't appreciate the extent of Tolkien's genius. The dude was a professor at Oxford and created (as well as spoke) like 15 languages, and is considered a founding father of high fantasy. I would encourage you to read the books but there's an enormous level of comprehension required, and in this attention deficit-driven society of today, you'd probably struggle with it.