The crown on my watch is stuck, any solutions?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LegitGamer3212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LegitGamer3212
Member since 2008 • 1619 Posts

I have an Omega Seamaster Quartz watch. I'm trying to pull out the crown to change the time back 1 hour. I can't seem to pull it out. I have tried using a nail clipper and using my own fingers. I can not get the crown (the circular thing that you pull out to change the time) to come out. Anyone else ever have this problem? what can I do to get it out to change the time?

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Bring it to a jeweler, or a watch repair place.

megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts
Are you sure that's how you change the time on that particular watch? Is it new? Have you ever adjusted the time before that way?
LegitGamer3212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LegitGamer3212
Member since 2008 • 1619 Posts

Are you sure that's how you change the time on that particular watch? Is it new? Have you ever adjusted the time before that way? megagene

The watch is pretty new I had it for 5 months. When I first bought it the lady changed the time for me the same way. She had trouble pulling it out too I'm not sure what she did to pull it out. I personally have never changed the time, i'm changing it now for day light savings.

DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

The title reminded me of one of those fairy tales for kids, like Rumplestiltskin or something, where there is a king with his crown stuck and all the people try to get the crown off then some scam artist comes into town and says I can get the crown off then he cuts the kings head off and trollface.jpgs while running out of town singing a song and stealing children.

In short: take it to a watch guy because any one of us here will surely steal your watch.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

Not to insult your intelligence, but... An Omega Seamaster is a diving watch. The crown screws down to ensure a water tight fit. You have to unscrew it before it'll pop out and adjust the time. Did you unscrew it?

random_user_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 random_user_
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Hey Palantas! Thanks for the tip. Just got Technomarine and it totally worked, very easily. You saved me from damaging my thumb! :)