The big difference between europe and US in Football

  • 91 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for the_last_ride
The_Last_Ride

76371

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

0-7 to Manchester United against LA Galaxy. This was the first game for United and they destroyed LA Galaxy. I didn't think the gap was this bad tbh.

Avatar image for SaintLeonidas
SaintLeonidas

26735

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

K.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

31700

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

The main difference for us Americans is...

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

14420

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#4 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14420 Posts

Brazil > LA Galaxy confirmed.

Avatar image for lostrib
lostrib

49999

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

The Football season hasn't started yet

Avatar image for Brutal_Elitegs
Brutal_Elitegs

16426

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6 Brutal_Elitegs
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

Herrera was so good. I wonder what Moyes must be thinking having settled for Fellaini after the Herrera deal fell through. Probably something like...



Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

30778

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@Brutal_Elitegs said:

Herrera was so good. I wonder what Moyes must be thinking having settled for Fellaini after the Herrera deal fell through. Probably something like...

He's probably more upset about missing out on Kroos.

Anyway this thread is dumb because:
a) MLS sucks
b) USA got further in the competition than 16 teams including shitty England
c) A continent vs a country... lol

Avatar image for AutoPilotOn
AutoPilotOn

8655

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#9 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

Confused. You said football you showed a video of some guy talking about some random US soccer team...

Avatar image for Brutal_Elitegs
Brutal_Elitegs

16426

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#10 Brutal_Elitegs
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

@Brutal_Elitegs said:

Herrera was so good. I wonder what Moyes must be thinking having settled for Fellaini after the Herrera deal fell through. Probably something like...

He's probably more upset about missing out on Kroos.


That was never on last year. Now that cunto Fabregas...

Avatar image for commander
commander

16217

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#11 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

Europeans are also better people

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

30778

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@Brutal_Elitegs said:

@Aljosa23 said:

@Brutal_Elitegs said:

Herrera was so good. I wonder what Moyes must be thinking having settled for Fellaini after the Herrera deal fell through. Probably something like...

He's probably more upset about missing out on Kroos.


That was never on last year. Now that cunto Fabregas...

P. sure he wanted Kroos m8. Gaal Qaeda is the one that backed off it.

Did you see Fabrecash's new haircut? Dude seems to be losing his mind already

Avatar image for LoG-Sacrament
LoG-Sacrament

20397

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#13 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

I would have thought everybody knew MLS isn't a great league. America is a big market, but it's not really a big soccer market beyond the occasional world cup fever.

Avatar image for Brutal_Elitegs
Brutal_Elitegs

16426

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#14 Brutal_Elitegs
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

P. sure he wanted Kroos m8. Gaal Qaeda is the one that backed on about it.

Did you see Fabrecash's new haircut? Dude seems to be losing his mind already

Moyes definitely wanted Kroos (and Carvalho), but Kroos was only available this transfer window. Herrera was attainable. Even if van Gaal wanted him, the lure or Real Madrid and CL football would have trumped United if they were in for him; Moyes never stood a chance of getting Kroos. **** Kroos though, I'm on the Vidal train, baby!

I'm hoping there was some kind of parasitic life form living in Fellaini's hair that was affecting his neural functions.

Avatar image for lostrib
lostrib

49999

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#15 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@evildead6789 said:

Europeans are also better people

...you mean all those racist soccer fans who taunt foreigners?

Avatar image for Nengo_Flow
Nengo_Flow

10644

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#16 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

im not American but football is lame and "amercan football" is just plain retardation

Avatar image for chaoscougar1
chaoscougar1

37603

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#19 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

@magicalclick said:

The difference is, American football is completely opposite of sucker.

The ball is not round. You can't kick it unless it is the last kick.The player is complete protected for safety instead those brutal bone breakers. No gate keeper. No gate, just a line. You don't shoot the ball over the line, you carry the ball over the line. The GATE is in mid air. You have double the player because offense and defense are two teams. You have high tech mic in the helmet. And the game is perfectly designed with commercial break for mad money. And of course, football players are much more hunky !!! ^_^.

wut

Avatar image for chaoscougar1
chaoscougar1

37603

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#20 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
@thegerg said:

Not really. The big difference in football is that the US and Europe hold different types of football to be more popular.


/thread

Avatar image for deeliman
deeliman

4027

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#21 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@Aljosa23 LVG also really wants to buy strootman, even if he is still injured for some time. I think he even made an offer, but AS Roma declined.

Avatar image for thehig1
thehig1

7537

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#22 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

All that result tells you is la galaxy suck compared to a pumped up man utd team under a new manager trying to impress a new manager.

The premier league is stronger than the mls, how ever the mls has more American grown players playing 30 games per season than the premier league has English players doing the same.

So the USA national team is stronger than England.

Avatar image for jun_aka_pekto
jun_aka_pekto

25255

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#23  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

b) USA got further in the competition than 16 teams including shitty England

I was just thinking about that one. Not bad considering the USA was in the same bracket as the World Cup champs. At least the USMNT didn't get the embarrassing thrashing some of the other Euro teams got.

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
LJS9502_basic

178865

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#24 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

@The_Last_Ride: Does that mean Brazil can't play football either?

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
LJS9502_basic

178865

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#26 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

@thehig1 said:

So the USA national team is stronger than England.

Yes. The World Cup even showed that.

Avatar image for jasean79
jasean79

2593

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#27 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@The_Last_Ride:

Your obsession with hating on American sports is really getting old.

Avatar image for AFBrat77
AFBrat77

26848

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#28 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@evildead6789 said:

Europeans are also better people

Not at all, they are too arrogant and snobby.....and your statement is a good example of that.

Avatar image for jasean79
jasean79

2593

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#29  Edited By jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@evildead6789 said:

Europeans are also better people

9 out of 10 dentists would disagree!

Avatar image for crazyguy111
crazyguy111

406

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#30 crazyguy111
Member since 2013 • 406 Posts

@The_Last_Ride:

USA doesen't care as much

Avatar image for Treflis
Treflis

13757

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#31  Edited By Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

I think the biggest difference between Europe and the US regarding Football is that for us in Europe it means kicking the ball across the field and get it in the opponents goal.
While in the US, In Football, they're supposed to hold the ball and run to the opponents side of the field.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

57548

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#32 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

That's more a reflection on the professional league than the countries.

Avatar image for thehig1
thehig1

7537

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#33 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@thehig1 said:

So the USA national team is stronger than England.

Yes. The World Cup even showed that.

yep, USA are ranked above England quite simply because there better, for now anyway.

Avatar image for deeliman
deeliman

4027

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#34 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@jasean79 I thought that stereotype only applied to British people? :P

Avatar image for jasean79
jasean79

2593

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#35 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@deeliman said:

@jasean79 I thought that stereotype only applied to British people? :P

It does. The other dentist handles the rest of Europe's population. lol

Avatar image for deeliman
deeliman

4027

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#36 deeliman
Member since 2013 • 4027 Posts

@jasean79 And even with 9 dentists instead of 1 their teeth are crooked lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

30778

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#37 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@Brutal_Elitegs said:

@Aljosa23 said:

P. sure he wanted Kroos m8. Gaal Qaeda is the one that backed on about it.

Did you see Fabrecash's new haircut? Dude seems to be losing his mind already

Moyes definitely wanted Kroos (and Carvalho), but Kroos was only available this transfer window. Herrera was attainable. Even if van Gaal wanted him, the lure or Real Madrid and CL football would have trumped United if they were in for him; Moyes never stood a chance of getting Kroos. **** Kroos though, I'm on the Vidal train, baby!

I'm hoping there was some kind of parasitic life form living in Fellaini's hair that was affecting his neural functions.

Not sold on Carvalho, he's too slow. Herrera seemed like a panic buy but so far he's been good.
spoiler: Vidal going to Liverpool

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

30778

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#38 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@deeliman said:

@Aljosa23 LVG also really wants to buy strootman, even if he is still injured for some time. I think he even made an offer, but AS Roma declined.

Yeah they've been linked with him since forever. Don't see that deal being done until January.

Avatar image for jasean79
jasean79

2593

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#39 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@deeliman said:

@jasean79 And even with 9 dentists instead of 1 their teeth are crooked lol

I guess that free, universal healthcare doesn't include Dental.

Avatar image for RadecSupreme
RadecSupreme

4824

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#40 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

Club soccer doesnt mean shit. Clubs have players from all over the world. Compare the national teams instead.

Avatar image for Star0
Star0

451

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#41 Star0
Member since 2012 • 451 Posts

Utd? Umm...Utd are a joke in England currently.

Avatar image for the_last_ride
The_Last_Ride

76371

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#42 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@jasean79: don't hate it, just showing you guys the difference now that the world cup is over.

@lostrib said:

@evildead6789 said:

Europeans are also better people

...you mean all those racist soccer fans who taunt foreigners?

you're telling me there aren't racist people anywhere else?

Avatar image for lostrib
lostrib

49999

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#43 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@lostrib said:

@evildead6789 said:

Europeans are also better people

...you mean all those racist soccer fans who taunt foreigners?

you're telling me there aren't racist people anywhere else?

Where did I say that?

Avatar image for SolidSnake35
SolidSnake35

58971

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#44 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

@Aljosa23 said:

b) USA got further in the competition than 16 teams including shitty England

Actually, England played better football this year than previous World Cups. Not that anyone cares about quality. Messi was man of the tournament after all...

Avatar image for the_last_ride
The_Last_Ride

76371

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#45  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@lostrib said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@lostrib said:

@evildead6789 said:

Europeans are also better people

...you mean all those racist soccer fans who taunt foreigners?

you're telling me there aren't racist people anywhere else?

Where did I say that?

You clearly implied that we are just a bunch of racist aholes... I also think he was being sarcastic

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

31700

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#46 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

You clearly implied that we are just a bunch of racist aholes... I also think he was being sarcastic

No, he clearly implied that some Europeans aren't any better than some Americans.

Avatar image for the_last_ride
The_Last_Ride

76371

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#47  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@airshocker said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

You clearly implied that we are just a bunch of racist aholes... I also think he was being sarcastic

No, he clearly implied that some Europeans aren't any better than some Americans.

If that's the case he's right, but he clearly didn't get the sarcasm

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

31700

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#48 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@airshocker said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

You clearly implied that we are just a bunch of racist aholes... I also think he was being sarcastic

No, he clearly implied that some Europeans aren't any better than some Americans.

If that's the case he's right, but he clearly didn't get the sarcasm

Considering the anti-US drivel that you and others have been posting recently, I don't blame him.

Avatar image for the_last_ride
The_Last_Ride

76371

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#49 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@airshocker said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@airshocker said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

You clearly implied that we are just a bunch of racist aholes... I also think he was being sarcastic

No, he clearly implied that some Europeans aren't any better than some Americans.

If that's the case he's right, but he clearly didn't get the sarcasm

Considering the anti-US drivel that you and others have been posting recently, I don't blame him.

wait what? What anti-US drivel...?

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

31700

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#50 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

wait what? What anti-US drivel...?

Are you seriously trying to suggest that the majority of what you've posted on OT hasn't been anti-US horseshit? Do I really need to scroll back through the pages to count for you?