syncroniam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By syncroniam
Member since 2016 • 51 Posts

Oren (オレン Oren)[2] is an artificial lifeform[3] from Universe 6,[4] and the twin of Kamin. He is a member of the Core Area Warriors and one of the main antagonists of the Universal Conflict Saga.

Appearance

Oren has the appearance of a Neo Machine Mutant Tuffle. He appears to be a young teenager. Oren is short stature and has a very slim build. Oren's hair is white and spiky. His eyes are blue and his outfit is a blue jacket and a black jumpsuit with golden stripes on his waist and two moon shapes in the middle on his chest and belly button area inside a vertical line, and grey armbands and legbands.

Personality

Oren is a violent individual. He enjoys battles simple-mindedly.[4]

Biography

Background

Oren and Kamin were created by the Tuffle of Universe 6 to be the ultimate artificial beings, however they were too strong and so the mortals tried to destroy them. Oren and Kamin were enraged by this and in turn decided to wipe them out.

They were eventually imprisoned in the Prison Planet's Core Area where they met and allied with the other warriors there.

X_Karen_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 X_Karen_x
Member since 2019 • 501 Posts

@syncroniam:

Uh, that just how it work. More popular something become it make for more people to not like it. Socials media just make it more easy for kid to voice it opinion.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58393 Posts

I'm also a minority because I haven't willingly listened to an Ariana Grande song, so I am OK with this.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Anime USED to be cool. The style in that video is exactly why I stopped watching it. The lazy-ass animation throughout almost the whole medium and every generation didn't help either. Akira had so much more going on frame for frame, and it was all lip-synced, which is standard even for TV shows in America, but is barely done in anime.

Loading Video...

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Disco was big once too. Doesn’t mean it was ever good.

Anime is awful. It’s cheap, poorly drawn, and downright ugly to look at. I question the taste level of its fans.

Signed, Hater.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

I'm a fan of anime but to compare its detractors to homophobes and racists is quite extreme. A cultural shift has happened in the west to view animation as encompassing 'mature' content. The older generation is accustomed to animation for children (ex: cartoons and Disney) in my experience.

The same thing happened with video games. Heck, the perception of comic books by the general public was that they were a waste of time or for nerds. Now Marvel/DC movies are topping the box office. Times change and society isn't exempt from hypocrisy. I don't see that as a good or bad thing tbh.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59079 Posts

@ezekiel43 said:

Anime USED to be cool. The style in that video is exactly why I stopped watching it. The lazy-ass animation throughout almost the whole medium and every generation didn't help either. Akira had so much more going on frame for frame, and it was all lip-synced, which is standard even for TV shows in America.

This was one of the major complaints with Super, it's animation was truly abysmal. We are talking teenager deviantart level.

Alot of it has to do with if it's a movie or series, who's on board doing the art, and what they are working from. Akira, much like the original Dragonball was working almost frame per frame from the original artist right from the opening shot.

Loading Video...

The difference in Broly compared to Super where it has direct involvement from Akira Toriyama is night and day compared to both the previous moves and TV show. Everything feels dynamic and expressive with a sense of impact.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I haven't found a modern anime on the level of Neon Genesis Evangelion, GITS or Cowboy Bebop yet. Most anime these days seems like everything else on the market. It's almost like the people creating them aren't trying to be unique and original anymore, just create more of what the drooling masses want to see (i.e. big breasts and cutesy laughs).

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Anime is so broad these days that I'd say it's not a genre, it's a medium. There was a time when the types of stories that you could expect fell into a few specific archetypes like Speed Racer really old stuff, Giant Fighting Seizure Robots, Supernatural threat, Martial Arts, High School Love Triangle, or some combination of any two or three of those (I'm looking at you Evangelion). In more recent years the types of different stories you get in decent anime are all over the map, with some really creative ideas. Sometimes it's just a simple love story or by the numbers drama, other times it's high concept sci-fi, other times it's pure psychological thriller, and that's not even getting into all the amazing kids movies.

I think it's easy for people to dismiss anime as falling into familiar tropes that they might not enjoy, but considering just how much of it there is out there now I don't think that there would be many people who couldn't find even a single anime film or show that they might enjoy.

-Byshop

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8437 Posts

I don't hate on anime, I just don't care for it because the style and nuances that define such a tone simply do not interest or captivate me. I can never see myself going out of my way watching an anime series or reading manga simply because I got so many other things in my life that I'm more interested in and rather be doing.

You can argue anime is more popular than it's ever been, but it is still a very niche demographic - not so much by the majority population as you're claiming.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#11  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19585 Posts

@jaydan: Anime is definitely mainstream, yet it's perceived as niche. In that regard, it's like comic books.

Most millennials have watched a mainstream anime, whether it's Pokemon, or DBZ, or Sailor Moon, or Ghibli/Miyazaki, etc. In fact, Pokemon is the world's biggest media franchise, and Dragon Ball is also one of the biggest media franchises in the world. And plenty of popstars are kind of weeb-ish (e.g. Ariana Grande, Katy Perry, Nicki Minaj, etc.). And a lot of other celebs and athletes are into anime.

But most people who may watch a mainstream anime, or grew up watching anime, wouldn't think of themselves as anime fans. When people think "anime fans", they think of stereotypical creepy weaboos/otakus who cosplay and have waifus and shit. So, if anything, a big reason for the hate against anime is the hardcore fanbase.

However, as has been mentioned above, anime used to be cool, back in the days when anime was actually niche. Stuff like Akira, Fist of the North Star, Ninja Scroll, Cowboy Bebop, and DBZ when it first hit Western shores, used to be cool and badass. But as anime became mainstream, the West began being exposed to a lot of the weirder and creepier aspects of hardcore anime fandom, which has tainted the mainstream perception of anime.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jaydan

@Jag85: That's great and all - I don't deny anime's integration into pop-culture, but to be that core anime fan - or "weaboo/otaku" as you describe - it's still a niche thing.

The fandom behind most anime among mainstream crowds is merely circumstantial with it being anime, not that these people actually go out of their ways helping themselves to all the anime/manga offerings out there due to their obsessions of such a frontier in animation.

Most people can probably say they loved a Disney movie or two, but that does not mean everyone is obsessed everything Disney.

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

@syncroniam: someone is insecure

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jag85

@jaydan: That's my point. There is a big difference between casual mainstream anime viewers and hardcore niche anime fans. A casual anime viewer can be anyone, but hardcore anime fans are a niche.

That's why I compared it to comic books. Casual audiences routinely watch comic book movies, but people who are into the actual comic books are a small niche.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

Maybe, that's why the world is getting dumber. People trying to replicate comedic anime tropes and trying to become Naruto in real life. Japanese culture is so deep seeded in american culture that Japan can revive its Japanese empire and America won't bat it's eyelashes. Maybe, that is exactly Japan's plan. To bring back it's glorious empire back from the grave. xD

Valkeerie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Valkeerie
Member since 2013 • 326 Posts

I think that anime is getting more reliable as a means for a studio to present its own ideas as a name instead of one person doing it by himself. Different than a director or an auteur working in tandem with a big producer, the people who write, draw and animate are also creative agents, who have to make it work as a team. You just need to replace a one man's big name with the studio's as an original series creator that happened to be in manga form. It's different than a writers' room serving them in average productions like Dragon Ball Super, which has its own manga as a last resort towards how the franchise began, depending on how big the author turned out to be compared to others still continuing their work.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I highly doubt anime lovers are in the majority of the world's population. It's like any other form of entertainment. It has its supporters and detractors. IF you like anime, then try to have enough self confidence to not be bothered by those that dont like it. Nut up.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Generation Zyklon is all into anime now and it's selling more than Marvel Comics.

How does that make you feel, plebs? Next stop is AnimeGate because of how popular it is now. Late millennials try to ruin everything and think they can save the world as they are working as a barista at Star Cucks making $15/hr at age 30.

TC is based and redpilled.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jag85

@watercrack445: There was a South Park episode in 1999, Chinpokomon, about Japan taking over America by brainwashing American kids with Pokemon... and they weren't wrong, now that Pokemon is the world's biggest media franchise.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9822 Posts

Don't be silly. Anime is still a niche corner for weirdos.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#23 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

there is something deep inside me that rejects Anime as a whole. its like a physical reaction in my core. I just can't do it.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#24 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I've been a fan of Anime for many many years now. Like you said it's really at it's peak right now. But, the content isn't as good as it used to be. That's for sure. A lot of it is the "Isekai" type stuff. (Trapped in another world.) Which is cool, but I only ever got into Sword Art Online & Re:Zero. I may find 2-3 shows each year that're interesting apart from watching regular on-going stuff like One Piece & Black Clover for the most part.

One Punch Man S2 will hopefully be worth the wait. MHA S4 looks good too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
Member since 2019 • 392 Posts

Anime is mainly pretty weird and it's getting weirder remarkably. And if you don't believe me just look at the front pages of a anime website.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

@syncroniam: "Those who still try to desperately hate anime are a vocal minority of outdated losers from previous generations that can't accept how the world is evolving and try to feed their insecurities by lying to themselves and they are in exactly the same minorities with the homophobic and racist people which also follow similar routines for their own fears but in the end their opinions mean nothing as the truth can't be altered. The world is changing and everyone has to adapt to the changes and in this case it is true that the Anime Industry is now in the center of attention due to the overwhelming success and popularity."

Oh wow, you sound super insecure when you say that shit.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

Generation Zyklon is all into anime now and it's selling more than Marvel Comics.

How does that make you feel, plebs? Next stop is AnimeGate because of how popular it is now. Late millennials try to ruin everything and think they can save the world as they are working as a barista at Star Cucks making $15/hr at age 30.

TC is based and redpilled.

Generation Zyklon, redpilled, 'cuck'. More conspiracy laden alt-right shit posting.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jag85

@speeny: Yeah, isekai (other world) shows are getting repetitive and boring. I loved SAO (but only the first season) and Re:Zero, but not any other isekai after that... until Shield Hero. That's a pretty interesting subversion of isekai, so I'd recommend checking that out.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#29 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

@Jag85: Yeah Shield Hero does look interesting. I'm still waiting on Re:Zero season 2 tbh. Left us kind of on a cliffhanger. I loved SAO season 1 as well. Season 2 was pretty good also but this season 3 Alicization stuff I'm not really feeling. It's kind of gotten a little more complicated than it needs to be. Everything fell apart after Ordinal Scale I feel. lol

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jag85
@speeny said:

@Jag85: Yeah Shield Hero does look interesting. I'm still waiting on Re:Zero season 2 tbh. Left us kind of on a cliffhanger. I loved SAO season 1 as well. Season 2 was pretty good also but this season 3 Alicization stuff I'm not really feeling. It's kind of gotten a little more complicated than it needs to be. Everything fell apart after Ordinal Scale I feel. lol

Sword Art Online is hit-and-miss for me. In the first season, I loved the SAO arc, but disliked the Alfheim Online arc. In the second season, I liked the Gun Gale Online arc, but not the other arcs after that. I liked the Ordinal Scale movie (the augmented reality thing gives it a Pokemon Go movie vibe), but haven't watched Alicization.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31  Edited By CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts
@Jag85 said:

@watercrack445: There was a South Park episode in 1999, Chinpokomon, about Japan taking over America by brainwashing American kids with Pokemon... and they weren't wrong, now that Pokemon is the world's biggest media franchise.

We must destroy the Evil Power!

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3481 Posts

I think you need to calm down. People can dislike anime, but some don't realise that Pokemon, Dragonball, Yu-Gi-Oh, Beyblade, Sailor Moon are also anime that are considered a childhood favourite.

People can hate on whatever they want.

Avatar image for rondostreetsavage
RondoStreetSavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RondoStreetSavage
Member since 2016 • 12 Posts

Yikes you're so insecure it's funny.

I like anime too

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

I only like the current mainstream once like attack on titan, one punch man, Mob psycho and my hero academia. Other than these I consider all the other amine that are coming out right now are trash.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

I use to like it when I was younger but lost interest. Alot of it just doesn't look good.

I did however love the new Castlevania and Dragonball Super.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

Or they just hate anime.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jag85
@crimsonbrute said:
@Jag85 said:

At this rate, America may one day have a weeaboo president.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

@syncroniam: “the Anime Industry is now in the center of attention due to the overwhelming success and popularity”.

I thought, Donald Trump Presidency, the Russia investigation, Brexit, trade war between China and US, Middle East Peace and Israel occupation is the centre of attention.

...but for some anime is more important I guess

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jaydan
@crimsonbrute said:
@Jag85 said:

We must stop this Pokemon madness, we must go to the roots and stop further re-population of Pokemon by catching 'em all!

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I don't hate anime. I just don't care much for them. To me, they're nothing but cartoons and some seem to have a problem with that.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#41  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59079 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto said:

I don't hate anime. I just don't care much for them. To me, they're nothing but cartoons and some seem to have a problem with that.

What does that mean?

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

Best. Title. Ever.

Is a shame we don't see anything else coming out of Japan in terms of visual styles especially given their rich artistic heritage.

It is in line with Japanese Zen philosophy however, which is based on efficiency of form and line.

However, it is now nothing more than a tool for efficient profiteering with brands like Pokemon.

Removing superfluous aspects such as emotional range and facial complexity, even the noses are being removed now in favour of just eyes and mouth to denote emotion, which is condensing line to it's most minimal use and exaggerating sexual aspects of women and infantilising it's subjects and audience in a way which is starting to turn alot of people off.

A far cry from it's French routes.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50587 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

I'm also a minority because I haven't willingly listened to an Ariana Grande song, so I am OK with this.

You're a better person for it.

Also, anime is trash.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jackamomo

Is that Hayao Miyazaki?

@MonsieurX said:

Anime is French, Japanese and North American. No-one else seems to go for it but they are distinct.

The problem is just how much is being produced and I think it is because of the emerging Chinese market that almost every sing mobile mmo game is in the anime style that it is becoming really, really boring.

Loading Video...

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@jackamomo: Yep.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jackamomo

@MonsieurX: that's not a real quote is it?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jag85

@jackamomo:

That's Hayao Miyazaki, but the quote is fake. He never said anything like that. He made some comments criticising the state of the modern anime industry, as well as criticizing Otaku. And then those comments were taken out-of-context and gave birth to the "anime was a mistake" meme. Something Miyazaki would never say, as he's dedicated most of his life to the anime art form, but he's just critical of certain trends in modern anime. Which is how a lot of old-school anime fans also feel about modern anime.

While the word "anime" can mean any animation in both French and Japanese, in the English language the word "anime" is almost exclusively used in reference to Japanese animation.

That Daft Punk music video is a clip from the anime movie Intersteller 5555. The story was written by Daft Punk, while the animation was handled by Japanese anime studio Toei Animation, in the style of classic '70s anime (such as Galaxy Express 999). Intersteller 5555 is a really good musical.

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jackamomo

@Jag85: Discovery is regarded as a concept album. French comic form takes heavy influence from Japanese illustration styles but probably couldn't be called it's origin I admit.

Each track's music video is another segment from the film. Which is clearly a homage to Ulysses.

Loading Video...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discovery_(Daft_Punk_album)

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Jag85

@jackamomo:

Well yeah, Discovery was one of Daft Punk's biggest hit albums. Along with the album, they produced Intersteller 5555, a musical sci-fi anime movie, as a homage to anime shows of the '70s and '80s. They got Toei Animation as well as Leiji Matsumoto (creator of Galaxy Express 999), who they were a big fan of, to work on the animation for Intersteller 5555.

French comics have an independent origin, the traditional "bande dessinée" comics (e.g. Asterix). But due to the growing popularity of Japanese manga over the last few decades, French comics have become increasingly influenced by manga, e.g. the "manfra" and "la nouvelle manga" movements. As a result, there are a lot of similarities between French comics and Japanese manga. To an extent, manga has also influenced a lot of American comics in the last few decades, in a more subtle way.

As for Ulysses, it was a French-Japanese production, with the animation work done by Japanese anime studio TMS Entertainment. TMS also did the animation work for a lot of America's popular Saturday morning cartoons back in the '80s and '90s, e.g. DuckTales, Chip 'n Dale, Spider-Man, Batman, Animaniacs, etc. It was common back then for American studios to outsource animation work to Japanese anime studios like TMS and Toei. In other words, a lot of America's Saturday morning cartoons from the '80s and '90s could be considered "anime" in a sense. So it's ironic how often people distinguish between "cartoons" and "anime", when a lot of classic "cartoons" were animated by Japanese anime studios.

flam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By flam
Member since 2019 • 7 Posts

@MonsieurX Dude you can stop advertising your terrible game