That belongs in your Blog!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamerfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gamerfan11
Member since 2005 • 229 Posts
Whenever someone makes a thread on OT I almost alwasy see someone telling the op to post it in there blog, or it would be better if they did so they don't get flamed, or something along those lines. Basically it just ruines and makes OT even more dull, because that leaves all the good and interesting threads in peoples Blogs. This is good for the mod's because they can basically lock any of your threads and tell you this could be better off posted in your Blog. I for one don't like to make or post in Blogs, and I shouldn't have to be forced to make a blog just because someone dosen't like my opinion on a certain issue, or what and who I encountered today, because thats what OT was made for.
nickmag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nickmag
Member since 2006 • 6710 Posts
That belongs in your blog!
00stick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 00stick
Member since 2004 • 2234 Posts
this really does belong in your blog though.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178827 Posts
I have to admit....you make a good blog there.  Anyway, topics are supposed to be discussable and if not...they go in the blog.
gamerfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gamerfan11

I have to admit....you make a good blog there. Anyway, topics are supposed to be discussable and if not...they go in the blog.LJS9502_basic

So my thread isn't discussable?

BraindeadRacr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6 BraindeadRacr
Member since 2006 • 2676 Posts
It's a protest! *claps*. Now, a stainless steel lock, or a bronze one? Afterall, this would make a good blog.
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
so you erally want OT filled with classic stuff like....."today I went to the mall....I saw this really hot girl.....I'm in love with her even though I don't know her name and she doesn;t know I exist....later I plan on going home to play some world of warcraft and hit on 57 year old men whom are prettending to be nubile elf girls....where's the cheapest place to get some redbull?"
Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Greatgone12
Member since 2005 • 25469 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]I have to admit....you make a good blog there. Anyway, topics are supposed to be discussable and if not...they go in the blog.gamerfan11

What's there to discuss?

Unless it's a cool rant, it's not a good rant. Now please, blog this.

I actually update my blog, with interesting stuff (or at least... somewhat interesting stuff)... So, I guess, I keep **** in my blog. 

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]I have to admit....you make a good blog there. Anyway, topics are supposed to be discussable and if not...they go in the blog.gamerfan11

No...it's a rant.

KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
All my thread ideas go in my Blooog, ever since that one time.
funnymario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 funnymario
Member since 2005 • 9122 Posts

It's more of a rant than anything. 

Avatar image for Greenwhitegreen
Greenwhitegreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Greenwhitegreen
Member since 2006 • 6315 Posts
All my thread ideas go in my Blooog, ever since that one time.KiIIyou
...in band camp?
THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#13 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

later I plan on going home to play some world of warcraft and hit on 57 year old men whom are prettending to be nubile elf girls...Omni-Slash

So you're the one who slaughtered the characters of the patients at Sunny Days Retirement Home....

staindcoldlp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 staindcoldlp
Member since 2004 • 15121 Posts

If some people just thought about it, they could easily tell what is blog material and what is thread material.

gamerfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gamerfan11
[QUOTE="gamerfan11"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]I have to admit....you make a good blog there. Anyway, topics are supposed to be discussable and if not...they go in the blog.LJS9502_basic

No...it's a rant.

Still it can warrent a discussion. Maybe if I would of posed a question at the end of my little rant. That would of been o.k right? because it gives people something to talk about?

BraindeadRacr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BraindeadRacr
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="gamerfan11"]

No...it's a rant.

Still it can warrent a discussion. Maybe if I would of posed a question at the end of my little rant. That would of been o.k right? because it gives people something to talk about?

Damn, he has a point.
KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
I see a discussion. ;0
Cyrax-Sektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#18 Cyrax-Sektor
Member since 2006 • 12060 Posts
That belongs in your blog! Self-owned, mate.
solidruss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 solidruss
Member since 2002 • 24082 Posts

Sometimes posters need to try to elaborate and make the thread better. Just posting in one saying "this belongs on your blog" really doesn't help much.

Some thing should be in a blog, but there are quite a few threads that really don't need to be in a blog.

dremorius20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 dremorius20
Member since 2004 • 5743 Posts
How clever for someone who tries to make us keep that stuff in our blogs...
MichaeltheCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#21 MichaeltheCM
Member since 2005 • 22765 Posts

That belongs in your blog!nickmag

lol yeah complain about this in ur blog :)

gamerfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gamerfan11

That belongs in your blog! Self-owned, mate.Cyrax-Sektor

Quality post. It's people like you who ruin threads because instead of discussing it or just not replying. You post something like this, and when others do that aswell the thread gets locked because there is no discussion to be found and the thread starts to head in the wrong discussion.

BraindeadRacr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BraindeadRacr

[QUOTE="Cyrax-Sektor"]That belongs in your blog! Self-owned, mate.gamerfan11

Quality post. It's people like you who ruin threads because instead of discussing it or just not replying. You post something like this, and when others do that aswell the thread gets locked because there is no discussion to be found and the thread starts to head in the wrong discussion.

Let the battle begin.
THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#24 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

No, the thread gets interesting. The mods usually poke around in these kinds of topics and wait for the right time to lock them.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LJS9502_basic

The difference between blog posts and forum posts are the difference between what can be discussed by other people and what is important to the original poster.  So if it's about what you did or something you want to rant about it should go in your blog.  If you are a decent poster then your blog will get checked out by others.....so it will be read.

Cyrax-Sektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#26 Cyrax-Sektor
Member since 2006 • 12060 Posts

But I am adding to this discussion, seeing as you and me and anyone else participating are talking about something related to your original post.
Aznsilvrboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Aznsilvrboy
Member since 2002 • 11495 Posts
I agree with you, i mean..what in this damn world CAN'T be discussed? Rants can be discussed, a day at the mall can be discussed, today at school can be discussed...so wtf? It doesn't make sense when people say "this belongs in your blog because it's not discussable".
gamerfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gamerfan11

The difference between blog posts and forum posts are the difference between what can be discussed by other people and what is important to the original poster. So if it's about what you did or something you want to rant about it should go in your blog. If you are a decent poster then your blog will get checked out by others.....so it will be read.

LJS9502_basic

The one time I can see where it's necessary to post in a blog is if it's something personal or some inside joke that you and only a few others will get. Threads that are serious & discussable should be posted on OT. So you can get tons of answeres and feedback from other ot members without having to worry about people telling you to Blog it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

The difference between blog posts and forum posts are the difference between what can be discussed by other people and what is important to the original poster. So if it's about what you did or something you want to rant about it should go in your blog. If you are a decent poster then your blog will get checked out by others.....so it will be read.

gamerfan11

The one time I can see where it's necessary to post in a blog is if it's something personal or some inside joke that you and only a few others will get. Threads that are serious & discussable should be posted on OT. So you can get tons of answeres and feedback from other ot members without having to worry about people telling you to Blog it.

Are you not seeing how this thread turned out?

gamerfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gamerfan11
[QUOTE="gamerfan11"]

[QUOTE="Cyrax-Sektor"]That belongs in your blog! Self-owned, mate.Cyrax-Sektor

But I am adding to this discussion, seeing as you and me and anyone else participating are talking about something related to your original post.

It's not adding anything useful, and when others post similar things, Mod's will look at it and lock it because it's not getting anywhere. The one time I see where this it's okay to do that is if it's some spam topic or a funny thread, but threads like these where people just tell the op to Blog it or complain because it's some other Religion thread end up ruining the creators thread.

solidruss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 solidruss
Member since 2002 • 24082 Posts

If the thread has discussion value, it shouldn't't be locked, unless it directly violates the Terms of Use.

The ones that usually get locked are the ones that are nothing but a statement, with little or no discussion value.

"I had a ham sandwich for lunch"

discuss... That would be locked

We really don't need to get into the threads of someone posting on how drunk they were the night before and scored, or whatever. Like I said, sometimes the original post may seem vague, but if the resulting posts garner nothing but flame, troll, and spam responses, it gets locked...