Texas GOP Official: Secede Because of Maggots Who Reelected Obama

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by jimkabrhel (15625 posts) -

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/11/08/4399621/hardin-county-gop-official-wants.html

Texas Republicans are already using the s-word.

One party official from Southeast Texas calls for -- not secession -- separation.

"Why should Vermont and Texas live under the same government?" writes Hardin County Republican treasurer Peter Morrison, a Ron Paul supporter and author of a race-heavy Tea Party newsletter.

"Let each go her own way," he writes, demanding an "amicable divorce" from the U.S. and from the "maggots" who re-elected President Obama.

Evoking the history of Confederate soldiers who refused to surrender after Gettysburg, Morrison, 33, calls for Texans to fight "in hopes that Providence might shine upon our cause."

Morrison is particularly angry at Asian-Americans and Hispanics who backed Obama, accusing them of voting on an "ethnic basis."

Apparently some Libertarians don't want to chang the system, they want to leave the system and create their own. There was a piece about the fantasy of Texas leaving the union on NPR some months ago, which was very interesting. It had a large economy, but would be lacking in a lot of things and have to trade on it's oil wealth.

#2 Posted by cslayer211 (797 posts) -
It will never happen.
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
#3 Posted by the_ChEeSe_mAn2 (8464 posts) -
Another GOP crazy...what else is new?
#4 Posted by Barbariser (6785 posts) -

This is proof that Obama is the most divisive president the United States has ever had.

#5 Posted by sexyweapons (5302 posts) -

They want Ron Paul!

Don't blame em.

#6 Posted by nintendoboy16 (34544 posts) -

Oh jeez...

They're insane if they think they are going to separate Texas from the REST of the US.

Avatar image for CycleOfViolence
#7 Posted by CycleOfViolence (2813 posts) -

Texas being Texas. Nothing new to see here.

#8 Posted by MrPraline (21351 posts) -
Can't blame them. Wouldn't want him to be my President either.
#9 Posted by hiphops_savior (8448 posts) -
How are they supporting America when they are spewing treason?
#10 Posted by dagreenfish (1818 posts) -
Wouldn't happen. But if it did, the GOP wouldn't be winning any presidential elections for awhile. Isn't Texas the most reliable red state with the most electoral votes?
#11 Posted by Chaos_HL21 (5288 posts) -

I remember when Bush was reelected afew Democrat official stated the same thing. Both sides have their fair share of idiots.

#12 Posted by JML897 (33134 posts) -
Can't blame them. Wouldn't want him to be my President either.MrPraline
Their last two governors have been Rick Perry and Dubya. Not exactly a step up
#13 Posted by MrPraline (21351 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrPraline"]Can't blame them. Wouldn't want him to be my President either.JML897
Their last two governors have been Rick Perry and Dubya. Not exactly a step up

That's true. Rick Perry might even be a bigger scumbag. They aren't exactly hindered by consistency in their complaints.
#14 Posted by lordreaven (7239 posts) -

*makes a Fake news desk* So there you go folks, the GOP supports treason:cool:

#15 Posted by LJS9502_basic (163324 posts) -
It will never happen.cslayer211
#16 Posted by kingkong0124 (8329 posts) -

1 person from 1 county in 1 state.

This shouldn't even be news, for God's sake.

#17 Posted by jim_shorts (7320 posts) -

Is this one of those stories where something one guy said is used to call an entire group of people crazy?

#18 Posted by leviathan91 (7763 posts) -

Texas: Seceded from Mexico, fought for independence, wasn't recognized by the US at first, finally got accepted into the US, and now it wants to secede.

Shut up Texas.

#19 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
How are they supporting America when they are spewing treason?hiphops_savior
America was founded upon the idea of leaving behind the State (of Father England). The idea that disagreeing with what the state has to say/do and wanting no part of it is "treasonous" is downright laughable coming from someone claiming to be American.
#20 Posted by lordreaven (7239 posts) -

Texas: Seceded from Mexico, fought for independence, wasn't recognized by the US at first, finally got accepted into the US, and now it wants to secede.

Shut up Texas.

leviathan91
You forgot the best part, the Texans who immigrated to Mexico and fought for independence where also illegal immigrants.
#21 Posted by LJS9502_basic (163324 posts) -
[QUOTE="leviathan91"]

Shut up Texas.

lordreaven
You forgot the best part, the Texans who immigrated to Mexico and fought for independence where also illegal immigrants.

How could they have been illegal immigrants at that point in time?
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
#22 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (44889 posts) -
America takes Puerto Rico, and Texas becomes an independent country. Country stays even with 50 states. If so, I'm moving to Texas!
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
#23 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (44889 posts) -
[QUOTE="leviathan91"]

Shut up Texas.

lordreaven

Cute. It's presentism.
#24 Posted by tagyhag (15874 posts) -
Would be interesting to see what would happen if they did.
#25 Posted by LLYNCES (378 posts) -

They mad brah

Not like they would last long anyways. Inbreeding and religious nutbaggery wouldn't sustain them for too long.

#26 Posted by Planeforger (17460 posts) -

I'm guessing that the US wouldn't miss them all that much if they seceded?

#27 Posted by SilentFireX (1952 posts) -

Lmao. That's an opinion piece by some no-name writer who interviewed the treasurer of some unheard of county in the southeast part of Texas, one of the largest states in the nation. Hell, I live in Texas and I've never head of Hardin County. That's not "Texas being Texas", it's some idiot who was given a mouthpiece.

#28 Posted by worlock77 (22552 posts) -
[QUOTE="hiphops_savior"]How are they supporting America when they are spewing treason?Zeviander
America was founded upon the idea of leaving behind the State (of Father England). The idea that disagreeing with what the state has to say/do and wanting no part of it is "treasonous" is downright laughable coming from someone claiming to be American.

The United States was also founded under the ideal of Perpetual Union, also there was that bit of unpleasantness back in the 1860s over the subject, so there's nothing laughable at all about it.
#29 Posted by Socijalisticka (1555 posts) -

Disregarding the meaningless rhetoric used by both campaigns to distinguish themselves, Romney and President Obama are fundamentally the same. Former President Bush spoke highly of President Obama, and yet somehow he is perceived as radically different...

#30 Posted by Novotine (1199 posts) -

Disregarding the meaningless rhetoric used by both campaigns to distinguish themselves, Romney and President Obama are fundamentally the same. Former President Bush spoke highly of President Obama, and yet somehow he is perceived as radically different...

Socijalisticka
It's what a two party system does to a population. We have people backing candidates not because of their opinions or ideologies, but because they're either blue or red. It happens on both sides and it's why politics are a joke.
#31 Posted by Philosopho (86 posts) -
Texas would last all of two days on it's own before falling into chaos. (Exactly how and why was spelled out by Keith Olbermann back when that dunce Rick Perry floated that idea when Obamacare was signed into law) Besides, Latino's will be the majority there sooner than later, they'd just vote to rejoin the Union. (in fact Texas, Arizona, and Georgia may all be in play as soon as 2016)
#32 Posted by lamprey263 (35175 posts) -
all bark no bite, though I'm sure the Democrats would love the idea of the Republicans losing 38 electoral votes, but that's not going to happen (secession I mean) , instead the Democrats will gain those 38 electoral votes and Republicans will lose them when Texas goes blue by 2020 and that'll pretty much be the end of the party as far as presidential ambitions go
#33 Posted by Blue-Sky (10379 posts) -

It's actually kind of sad that people are so emotionally troubled by having a black president.

#34 Posted by The__Kraken (858 posts) -

I would like to see Texas try. Seriously. I would like to witness the fallout.

#35 Posted by Shmiity (6099 posts) -

I wouldn't mind it. Add Puerto Rico, dump Texas, we'd get to keep the same flag. Also, -38 republican electoral votes. I say "Go ahead"

#36 Posted by theone86 (21555 posts) -

It's actually kind of sad that people are so emotionally troubled by having a black president.

Blue-Sky

Inb4 race-baiting.

#37 Posted by hoola (6422 posts) -

The US empire will end eventually. It will collapse from within due to a failed government. You simply can't have one entity ruling over 300,000,000 people and make them all happy and free.

#38 Posted by Audacitron (971 posts) -

Morrison is particularly angry at Asian-Americans and Hispanics who backed Obama, accusing them of voting on an "ethnic basis."

I find it cute that this loser makes this assumption that Asian-Americans and Hispanics voted for Obama "on an ethnic basis". It had obviously had nothing to do with what he stands for, or his policies, or his proven record as president, or any of the spectrum of perfectly legitimate reasons people chose Obama over Romney.

Looks like a racist, sounds like a racist... *sees others as racist.

Whites voted for Obama. Blacks voted for Obama. Asian-Americans, Hispaniscs and Native-Americans voted for Obama. In large numbers. I think the only thing we can conclude here is that they all have a deep-seated hatred for the white man.

How else are we to explain them not voting for Romney? I mean wow, he's so amazing.

#39 Posted by nocoolnamejim (15136 posts) -

1 person from 1 county in 1 state.

This shouldn't even be news, for God's sake.

kingkong0124
Perhaps you missed the "GOP Official" part of the headline? It isn't some random dude off the street. It's an elected official advocating his state secede from the union and calling over 50% of the country "maggots". Yeah, that makes the news.
#40 Posted by MrPraline (21351 posts) -

Blue-Sky
There has been a black President since 2008. Might be news for you, but not many people share the massive erection you have for racial differences. Smh.
#41 Posted by Jacobistheman (3975 posts) -

Kind of reminds me of a bunch of Democrats in 2004.

#42 Posted by JML897 (33134 posts) -

[QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]

MrPraline

There has been a black President since 2008. Might be news for you, but not many people share the massive erection you have for racial differences. Smh.

What other reason does a large part of the American population have for thinking he's Muslim?

#43 Posted by kingkong0124 (8329 posts) -

What other reason does a large part of the American population have for thinking he's Muslim?

JML897

there is evidence from a credible source that he memorized an Islamic holy prayer

#44 Posted by tenaka2 (17054 posts) -

[QUOTE="JML897"]

kingkong0124

there is evidence from a credible source that he memorized an Islamic holy prayer

lol

#45 Posted by GazaAli (25216 posts) -

[QUOTE="JML897"]

kingkong0124

no sh!t
#46 Posted by DroidPhysX (17098 posts) -
Who exactly cares if Obama is muslim?
#47 Posted by MrPraline (21351 posts) -

[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="Blue-Sky"]

JML897

His behaviour in various ME visits is what started most of those talks right? I mean, I do not believe he is a Muslim, and I couldn't care less if he was. Also, I don't understand how black = Muslim, but alright
#48 Posted by kingkong0124 (8329 posts) -

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

[QUOTE="JML897"]

tenaka2

lol

Don't believe me? Do a quick Google search. I personally don't think he's Muslim - if he says he's a Christian then I think he's a Christian. But someone asked for evidence, and I gave it.
#49 Posted by GazaAli (25216 posts) -
[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="kingkong0124"]

kingkong0124

lol

Don't believe me? Do a quick Google search. I personally don't think he's Muslim - if he says he's a Christian then I think he's a Christian. But someone asked for evidence, and I gave it.

You gave sh!t my friend.
#50 Posted by kingkong0124 (8329 posts) -
Who exactly cares if Obama is muslim?DroidPhysX
According to many, separation of religion and state will become an issue.