Terrorist attack in London

• 166 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

when are brits gonna stand up against multiculturalism.. i guess your own people getting beheaded in your own streets isnt enough

Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#102 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

"Terrorist" attack?  I'm not sure this really qualifies.  

Avatar image for deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
Member since 2012 • 1173 Posts

hartsickdiscipl
"Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror); are perpetrated for a religious, political or, ideological goal; and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians)." Seems to fit the criteria to me.
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

OhJayDubya

"Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror); are perpetrated for a religious, political or, ideological goal; and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians)." Seems to fit the criteria to me.

I don't think they are creating much fear.  Move along.  

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

[QUOTE="OhJayDubya"][QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

hartsickdiscipl

Really? Then explain the British Government's reaction.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

hartsickdiscipl

Doesn't matter what you "Don't Think", it is creating fear. People of the EDL political party are lining the streets in Woolwich and the tension is starting to mount, people are starting to get worried that it will boil over.
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="OhJayDubya"] "Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror); are perpetrated for a religious, political or, ideological goal; and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians)." Seems to fit the criteria to me.LJS9502_basic

Idiots.  

hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="OhJayDubya"] "Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror); are perpetrated for a religious, political or, ideological goal; and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians)." Seems to fit the criteria to me.OhJayDubya

Doesn't matter what you "Don't Think", it is creating fear. People of the EDL political party are lining the streets in Woolwich and the tension is starting to mount, people are starting to get worried that it will boil over.

I don't understand how something like this could create that big a reaction.  Absurd.  Something is up.  I think the media and government are intentionally blowing it out of proportion.  

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

hartsickdiscipl

Idiots.  

They undermine your opinion nonetheless....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

hartsickdiscipl

I don't understand how something like this could create that big a reaction.  Absurd.  Something is up.  I think the media and government are intentionally blowing it out of proportion.  

Why does there have to be a government conspiracy? Just because someone being brutally murdered in street is as common as putting on pants in America doesn't mean it is everywhere else.
Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts

Is it just me or did the idiot with the meat cleaver not even mention Islam? I watched the video and saw no mention of Islam. Has someone got some actual evidence?

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#112 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

Is it just me or did the idiot with the meat cleaver not even mention Islam? I watched the video and saw no mention of Islam. Has someone got some actual evidence?

Asim90
Islam=/=Terrorist. Did 2001 really Up chuck peoples minds that badly?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

Asim90
Witnesses heard them shouting "Allahu Akbar" when he was beheading the victim.
Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Asim90

[QUOTE="Asim90"]

OhJayDubya

Could you please post in testimonies of the witnesses. I'd like to see them saying this.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

[QUOTE="OhJayDubya"][QUOTE="Asim90"]

Asim90

Could you please post in testimonies of the witnesses. I'd like to see them saying this.

Should of worded that as "Claimed" but shall see if I can find anything.

EDIT: By the looks of it there is no official testimony but that could change by the morning. 

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Asim90

[QUOTE="Asim90"]

[QUOTE="OhJayDubya"] Witnesses heard them shouting "Allahu Akbar" when he was beheading the victim.OhJayDubya

EDIT: By the looks of it there is no official testimony but that could change by the morning. 

So basically there is absolutely no evidence that is an Islamically motivated crime? Yet everyone is up in arms condeming Muslims. My gosh what a surprise.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

[QUOTE="OhJayDubya"]

[QUOTE="Asim90"]

Asim90

So basically there is absolutely no evidence that is an Islamically motivated crime? Yet everyone is up in arms condeming Muslims. My gosh what a surprise.

Ignorance breeds ignorance, its not like people jumping on the Islam hate train is exclusive to this.
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#118 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts
Fvckin black Muslims. Only they would hack people to death like their primal friends in Africa.
Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Asim90

Fvckin black Muslims. Only they would hack people to death like their primal friends in Africa.lo_Pine

A very insightful contribution you just delivered there, well done. 

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 TruthTellers
Member since 2012 • 3393 Posts
[QUOTE="TruthTellers"]The peaceful religion strikes again.SPBoss
Sorry but killing innocents is definitely not permitted in Islam, maybe you should get your head out of Fox News' ass and think for yourself

Ahh, but these men killed in the name of god. Is that permitted in Islam? Oh wait, yes it is. Take the Mary Jane out of your underwear and stop smoking it killing off your pathetic brain cells.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

Fvckin black Muslims. Only they would hack people to death like their primal friends in Africa.lo_Pine

1347272156442.jpg

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Asim90

[QUOTE="SPBoss"][QUOTE="TruthTellers"]The peaceful religion strikes again.TruthTellers
Sorry but killing innocents is definitely not permitted in Islam, maybe you should get your head out of Fox News' ass and think for yourself

Ahh, but these men killed in the name of god. Is that permitted in Islam? Oh wait, yes it is. Take the Mary Jane out of your underwear and stop smoking it killing off your pathetic brain cells.

Did you even read what I said above? Show some evidence that this was done in the name of Islam. 

6__volts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 6__volts
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

when are brits gonna stand up against multiculturalism.. i guess your own people getting beheaded in your own streets isnt enough

Flubbbs
I think they should ban religion, anyone who wants to come to our country should not believe in fairy tales...
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 TruthTellers
[QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="thebest31406"] Ideology? What about it?

He dislikes Islamic immigration because it brings Islam to the West and many (me included) believe that Islam is a totalitarian political ideology. Has nothing to do with nationality or race or whatever.

I could very well agree with that but how do you link terrorism into this ideology? This would suggests that the 1.6 billion Muslims are terrorist by nature.

I think it's easy to call any religious attack perpetrated by Muslims, in the name of Islam, a terrorist attack. But really, in this case, it's a hate crime perpetrated by Muslims, in the name of Islam. I don't think that 1.6 million Muslims are terrorists, but those who don't condemn this action in the name of Allah, are no better than these two third world savages... and I would call them terrorist sympathizers.
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#125 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts

[QUOTE="lo_Pine"]Fvckin black Muslims. Only they would hack people to death like their primal friends in Africa.Asim90

A very insightful contribution you just delivered there, well done. 

It'd be funny if it wasn't true but sadly, it is true.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 TruthTellers

[QUOTE="TruthTellers"][QUOTE="SPBoss"] Sorry but killing innocents is definitely not permitted in Islam, maybe you should get your head out of Fox News' ass and think for yourselfAsim90

Did you even read what I said above? Show some evidence that this was done in the name of Islam. 

Did you even watch the video, or read the comments witnesses said they overheard? And I know what your trying to say with your "killing innocents is not permitted in Islam" bullcrap: Your trying to say that the murder of this alleged soldier is actually fine because the man was a soldier and if you're a soldier you're guilty of killing innocents. Can you prove that the man MURDERED killed anyone?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
[QUOTE="Asim90"]

[QUOTE="TruthTellers"] Ahh, but these men killed in the name of god. Is that permitted in Islam? Oh wait, yes it is. Take the Mary Jane out of your underwear and stop smoking it killing off your pathetic brain cells.TruthTellers

Did you even watch the video, or read the comments witnesses said they overheard? And I know what your trying to say with your "killing innocents is not permitted in Islam" bullcrap: Your trying to say that the murder of this alleged soldier is actually fine because the man was a soldier and if you're a soldier you're guilty of killing innocents. Can you prove that the man MURDERED killed anyone?

Seems to be conflicting reports if this guy was a Soldier or if he was a charity worker with "Help for Heroes".
Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Asim90

[QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="MrPraline"] He dislikes Islamic immigration because it brings Islam to the West and many (me included) believe that Islam is a totalitarian political ideology. Has nothing to do with nationality or race or whatever. TruthTellers
I could very well agree with that but how do you link terrorism into this ideology? This would suggests that the 1.6 billion Muslims are terrorist by nature.

I think it's easy to call any religious attack perpetrated by Muslims, in the name of Islam, a terrorist attack. But really, in this case, it's a hate crime perpetrated by Muslims, in the name of Islam. I don't think that 1.6 million Muslims are terrorists, but those who don't condemn this action in the name of Allah, are no better than these two third world savages... and I would call them terrorist sympathizers.

That is some very poor reasoning, extremely poor. First of all there is 1.6 billion muslims, not million. Secondly, what you said makes no logical sense. How on earth can you say somebody who condemns violence in the name of an ideology, is the same as somebody who propogates violence? How can you argue this with a straight face? Seriously, I am astonished that you think this is logical.

If somebody condemns violence for secular reasons, are they the same as somebody who propogates violence for the sake of social darwinism or scientific progress? Is somebody who condemns violence in the name of democracy the same as somebody who murders in the name of democracy? There are definitely theological arguments rooted in religions that should be analysed, but you just made a ridiculous blanket statement.

You essentially just said that all Muslims, whether peaceful or not is irrelevant, they are all as bad as terrorists. What is more scary is that you think you have used reason to arrive to that conclusion. 

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Asim90

[QUOTE="Asim90"]

[QUOTE="TruthTellers"] Ahh, but these men killed in the name of god. Is that permitted in Islam? Oh wait, yes it is. Take the Mary Jane out of your underwear and stop smoking it killing off your pathetic brain cells.TruthTellers

Your trying to say that the murder of this alleged soldier is actually fine because the man was a soldier and if you're a soldier you're guilty of killing innocents. Can you prove that the man MURDERED killed anyone?

What on earth are you talking about? Where did I even imply that let alone say it? You are not even worth having a discussion with. 

TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 TruthTellers

[QUOTE="TruthTellers"][QUOTE="thebest31406"] I could very well agree with that but how do you link terrorism into this ideology? This would suggests that the 1.6 billion Muslims are terrorist by nature.Asim90

That is some very poor reasoning, extremely poor. First of all there is 1.6 billion muslims, not million. Secondly, what you said makes no logical sense. How on earth can you say somebody who condemns violence in the name of an ideology, is the same as somebody who propogates violence? How can you argue this with a straight face? Seriously, I am astonished that you think this is logical.

If somebody condemns violence for secular reasons, are they the same as somebody who propogates violence for the sake of social darwinism or scientific progress? Is somebody who condemns violence in the name of democracy the same as somebody who murders in the name of democracy? There are definitely theological arguments rooted in religions that should be analysed, but you just made a ridiculous blanket statement.

You essentially just said that all Muslims, whether peaceful or not is irrelevant, they are all as bad as terrorists. What is more scary is that you think you have used reason to arrive to that conclusion. 

I never said all Muslims were terrorists, but those who agreed with this type of action and those that don't denounce it as terrorist SYMPATHIZERS. Are you so PC that you can't even tell the difference between a terrorist and a sympathizer? Wow, just... wow.
thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts
[QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Oh well Muslim Americans is quite different from ME Muslims in what they think and do....Muslims in general though will be skewed differently.Person0
Probably so, but as Person illustrated, the majority of the worlds Muslims don't justify killing of civilians.

Well that was a question asking if Suicide bombing in defense of islam against civilians was justified. the polls you put up about other religions isn't the same.

Show me the link.
Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Asim90

[QUOTE="Asim90"]

[QUOTE="TruthTellers"] I think it's easy to call any religious attack perpetrated by Muslims, in the name of Islam, a terrorist attack. But really, in this case, it's a hate crime perpetrated by Muslims, in the name of Islam. I don't think that 1.6 million Muslims are terrorists, but those who don't condemn this action in the name of Allah, are no better than these two third world savages... and I would call them terrorist sympathizers.TruthTellers

I never said all Muslims were terrorists, but those who agreed with this type of action and those that don't denounce it as terrorist SYMPATHIZERS. Are you so PC that you can't even tell the difference between a terrorist and a sympathizer? Wow, just... wow.

I believe I misread your statement, and I am glad I did. If you were arguing what I thought you were arguing, I'd have nothing left to say. Regardless, I'd agree with you that anybody who doesn't denounce this is a foul person, fortunately I think the vast majority of muslims would denounce it. 

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 thebest31406

[QUOTE="OhJayDubya"] "Common definitions of terrorism refer only to those violent acts which are intended to create fear (terror); are perpetrated for a religious, political or, ideological goal; and deliberately target or disregard the safety of non-combatants (civilians)." Seems to fit the criteria to me.OhJayDubya

"political party" They're a hate mongering group.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

thebest31406

"political party" They're a hate mongering group.

Don't worry it meant political party in the loosest possible way.
TruthTellers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 TruthTellers

[QUOTE="TruthTellers"][QUOTE="Asim90"]

Asim90

I believe I misread your statement, and I am glad I did. If you were arguing what I thought you were arguing, I'd have nothing left to say. Regardless, I'd agree with you that anybody who doesn't denounce this is a foul person, fortunately I think the vast majority of muslims would denounce it. 

I thank you for re-reading my statement sir. And yes, I agree that a great majority of Muslims would say that this attack is absolutely heinous. But it seems that when these type of attacks happen, that there's never an Imam or other Islamic leader who comes out and says it.
thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 thebest31406
[QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="MrPraline"] I think it's easy to call any religious attack perpetrated by Muslims, in the name of Islam, a terrorist attack. But really, in this case, it's a hate crime perpetrated by Muslims, in the name of Islam. I don't think that 1.6 million Muslims are terrorists, but those who don't condemn this action in the name of Allah, are no better than these two third world savages... and I would call them terrorist sympathizers.TruthTellers

First off, none of what you say is true. But for arguments sake; So you're of the believe that a person or persons that don't condemn a wrong action are automatic sympathizers. So if I don't openly condemn a school shooting, then I'm a supporter of it.
Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts

[QUOTE="Person0"][QUOTE="thebest31406"] Probably so, but as Person illustrated, the majority of the worlds Muslims don't justify killing of civilians.thebest31406
Well that was a question asking if Suicide bombing in defense of islam against civilians was justified. the polls you put up about other religions isn't the same.

Show me the link.

Page 58 is the question and the results for each country

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#138 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

It's entirely possible that they are simply a couple of psychos using this "Stupid Radical Islam Movement Thing" as an agenda.

Same reason the Boston Bombers used... and pretty much all the psycho/suicidal people in the world these days.

In fact, that's what I call it now, the "Stupid Radical Islam Movement Thing". It's a cross between a disease and a religion wrapped up into a misguided agenda.

It's what is giving people with geo-poltical-religious social issues the gumption to go murder other people.

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Asim90

[QUOTE="Asim90"]

[QUOTE="TruthTellers"] I never said all Muslims were terrorists, but those who agreed with this type of action and those that don't denounce it as terrorist SYMPATHIZERS. Are you so PC that you can't even tell the difference between a terrorist and a sympathizer? Wow, just... wow.TruthTellers

I thank you for re-reading my statement sir. And yes, I agree that a great majority of Muslims would say that this attack is absolutely heinous. But it seems that when these type of attacks happen, that there's never an Imam or other Islamic leader who comes out and says it.

Well that's simply not true. The Muslim Council of Britain immediately condemned it, but you just don't see that reported on the news. Just because you are unaware of such things, does not mean they are not happening. 

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Asim90

It's entirely possible that they are simply a couple of psychos using this "Stupid Radical Islam Movement Thing" as an agenda.

Same reason the Boston Bombers used... and pretty much all the psycho/suicidal people in the world these days.

In fact, that's what I call it now, the "Stupid Radical Islam Movement Thing". It's a cross between a disease and a religion wrapped up into a misguided agenda.

It's what is giving people with geo-poltical-religious social issues the gumption to go murder other people.

Netherscourge

I think there is a lot of truth to what you just said.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Netherscourge

[QUOTE="Netherscourge"]

Asim90

I think that's really what it is.

It IS an act of terrorism, however it is NOT organized. It's just random cells, or even individuals, who go schizo-paranoid and decide they must act out some public act of violence in the name of Islam.

It's almost "viral" in that aspect. It's a popular way for people who are already on the edge, for whatever reason (most likely socially alientated) to feel important about themselves.

They think making a public "Statement" by murdering innocent people (marathon runners, etc...), or even targeting certain types of people (soldiers, cops, Jews, politicians, etc...), brings positive attention from other socially outcast schizos to their cause. 

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Asim90

[QUOTE="Asim90"]

[QUOTE="Netherscourge"]

Netherscourge

I think that's really what it is.

It IS an act of terrorism, however it is NOT organized. It's just random cells, or even individuals, who go schizo-paranoid and decide they must act out some public act of violence in the name of Islam.

It's almost "viral" in that aspect. It's a popular way for people who are already on the edge, for whatever reason (most likely socially alientated) to feel important about themselves.

They think making a public "Statement" by murdering innocent people (marathon runners, etc...), or even targeting certain types of people (soldiers, cops, Jews, politicians, etc...), brings positive attention from other socially outcast schizos to their cause. 

Absolutely, especially when you take into account the geopolitical situations that are happening in the areas of the highest concentration of attacks. What you said resonates with what a lot of scholars and figures are saying at insitutes like Oxford and Cambridge. It is so refreshing to see somebody who actually has a brain, I applaud you.

It's worth noting that a lot of people predicted this would happen before the invasion of Iraq, sadly those concerns were not considered. Anybody who thinks that that illegal war did anybody any good should definitely think again. We were told that the war would make our countries safer, well it sure as hell didn't. This psuedo-radical movement that you quite accurately described has taken on a life of its own.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

[QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="Person0"]Well that was a question asking if Suicide bombing in defense of islam against civilians was justified. the polls you put up about other religions isn't the same.Person0

Show me the link.

Page 58 is the question and the results for each country

I think that as someone stated earlier in response to me, that many outside of the US are fearful for their lives due to threats made to others for speaking out against Islam or poking fun at parts of said religion and as such, can skew data in a poll such as that when outright asking such a question. Are there those who are against such attacks? I am sure there are, their silence is deafening.
Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Netherscourge

They've set up a Catch-22:

Speaking out against Islam following a terrorist attack orchestrated by Muslim extremists who believe they are saving Islam brings about more terrorist attacks by Muslim extremists in the name of Islam.

You can't win. They're F'd in the head.

liberalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 liberalus
Member since 2013 • 791 Posts
I am cachinnating at all the Christians insulting Moslems in this thread! You are just as, if not more, foolish as them!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
I am cachinnating at all the Christians insulting Moslems in this thread! You are just as, if not more, foolish as them! liberalus
Because everyone is a Christian?
liberalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 liberalus
[QUOTE="liberalus"]I am cachinnating at all the Christians insulting Moslems in this thread! You are just as, if not more, foolish as them! Person0

Did I ever accuse you directly of being a theist of some sort? No

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
[QUOTE="Person0"][QUOTE="liberalus"]I am cachinnating at all the Christians insulting Moslems in this thread! You are just as, if not more, foolish as them! liberalus

You made a pretty broad generalization of everyone in this thread backed up by nothing.
liberalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 liberalus
[QUOTE="Person0"][QUOTE="liberalus"][QUOTE="Person0"] Because everyone is a Christian?

You made a pretty broad generalization of everyone in this thread backed up by nothing.

Person0, I clearly did not. I made the assertion that I am laughing at all the Christians in this thread. With regards to basic reading comprehension skills, we can deduce that I was referring to the Christians specifically in this thread, and not those that fall into other belief paradigms, such as atheism, which i'm assuming you also ascribe to
Sedin44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Sedin44
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts

Boring. I thought this was something more serious. I agree with previous misleading title comments.