Terrorist attack in London

• 166 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#51 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

I don't know how all those onlookers weren't running and screaming. :shock:

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
[QUOTE="ITV News"] London's Mayor has said it is too soon to draw conclusions, but I think it is looking more and more likely that this is a terrorist attack. We have heard from a man - an attacker, who you see in the ITV News footgage - with a knife and blood on his hands, saying "...we swear by almighty Allah, that we will never stop fighting you. Until you leave us alone, your people will never be safe". He goes on: "...the only reason we have done this is because Muslims are dying by British soldiers every day. There have been very distressing scenes here at Woolwich earlier today. Now we have a massive police investigation, and the Prime Minister is flying home this evening.

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

And Europe will continue to bring in undesiarables from the Middle East in the name of "diversity" and "multiculturalism". When will they learn? 

gamerguru100

There are people of questionable character that are from all types of different backgrounds. It doesn't mean that they condone this behavior. Did you personally condone the things that people like James Holmes did just because they were of caucasian background?

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

Obviously not. Could be more planned attacks on the way, info etc. I'd rather have the government meeting about it instead of just sitting around.michaelP4

Yes, organizations planning machete attacks. 

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"]

And Europe will continue to bring in undesiarables from the Middle East in the name of "diversity" and "multiculturalism". When will they learn? 

Yusuke420

There are people of questionable character that are from all types of different backgrounds. It doesn't mean that they condone this behavior. Did you personally condone the things that people like James Holmes did just because they were of caucasian background?

Middle Eastern people are Caucasian as well
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 MrPraline
and obligatory: ROFL ISLAM.
Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#57 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"]

MrPraline

Can we please not engauge in semantics please, you know what I mean. 

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 MrPraline

[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="Yusuke420"] There are people of questionable character that are from all types of different backgrounds. It doesn't mean that they condone this behavior. Did you personally condone the things that people like James Holmes did just because they were of caucasian background?

Yusuke420

Can we please not engauge in semantics please, you know what I mean. 

Sure but you are being silly. Of course there's evil from all backgrounds. Of course he doesn't like Holmes. He's bringing up a legitimate observable problem with imported clusterf*cks in Europe, and one ideology that comes up a lot in these cases is Islam.
Blaze787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Blaze787
Member since 2007 • 535 Posts
[QUOTE="TruthTellers"]The peaceful religion strikes again.SPBoss
Sorry but killing innocents is definitely not permitted in Islam, maybe you should get your head out of Fox News' ass and think for yourself

And yet it happens again and again and again and again, not just in the West, but in various other parts of the world as well. Maybe you need to stop being blinded by the barbaric, repressive ideology mandated by an ancient, outdated religious text (the Quran) and think for yourself.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 MrPraline
[QUOTE="SPBoss"][QUOTE="TruthTellers"]The peaceful religion strikes again.Blaze787
Sorry but killing innocents is definitely not permitted in Islam, maybe you should get your head out of Fox News' ass and think for yourself

And yet it happens again and again and again and again, not just in the West, but in various other parts of the world as well. Maybe you need to stop being blinded by the barbaric, repressive ideology mandated by an ancient, outdated religious text (the Quran) and think for yourself.

Preach brother. One of the biggest jokes today is a violent totalitarian political ideology hiding behind "freedom of religion" to spread their insanity by the sharpest and bloodiest of swords
Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

Religion of Peace <3

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 thebest31406
Member since 2004 • 3775 Posts
[QUOTE="SPBoss"][QUOTE="TruthTellers"]The peaceful religion strikes again.Blaze787

Between 2010 and 2012, there were four domestic terrorist attacks committed in the US. By your rationale, Americans are animals.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 MrPraline
[QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="Blaze787"][QUOTE="SPBoss"] Sorry but killing innocents is definitely not permitted in Islam, maybe you should get your head out of Fox News' ass and think for yourself

Between 2010 and 2012, there were four domestic terrorist attacks committed in the US. By your rationale, Americans are animals.

except for the part where he clarified he's linking it to an ideology, not ethnicity or nationality
thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 thebest31406
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="Blaze787"] And yet it happens again and again and again and again, not just in the West, but in various other parts of the world as well. Maybe you need to stop being blinded by the barbaric, repressive ideology mandated by an ancient, outdated religious text (the Quran) and think for yourself.

except for the part where he clarified he's linking it to an ideology, not ethnicity or nationality

He also said that the West needs to rethink their Islamic immigration policies.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 MrPraline
[QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="thebest31406"] Between 2010 and 2012, there were four domestic terrorist attacks committed in the US. By your rationale, Americans are animals.

Yeah, because he blames the ideology Islam
Avatar image for deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
Member since 2009 • 2944 Posts
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="MrPraline"] except for the part where he clarified he's linking it to an ideology, not ethnicity or nationality

Well Islam does seem to have a higher proportion of people killing others over it compared to other religions.
thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 thebest31406
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="Blaze787"] except for the part where he clarified he's linking it to an ideology, not ethnicity or nationality

Ideology? What about it?
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 MrPraline
[QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="thebest31406"] He also said that the West needs to rethink their Islamic immigration policies.

Ideology? What about it?

He dislikes Islamic immigration because it brings Islam to the West and many (me included) believe that Islam is a totalitarian political ideology. Has nothing to do with nationality or race or whatever.
Blaze787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Blaze787
[QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="thebest31406"] Between 2010 and 2012, there were four domestic terrorist attacks committed in the US. By your rationale, Americans are animals.

And I stand by that. Islam is not a race. It's an ideology. A very warped ideology.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 MrPraline
[QUOTE="Blaze787"][QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="MrPraline"] except for the part where he clarified he's linking it to an ideology, not ethnicity or nationality

And I stand by that. Islam is not a race. It's an ideology. A very warped ideology.

mhm
thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 thebest31406
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="Blaze787"] Yeah, because he blames the ideology Islam

Ideology? What about it?

He dislikes Islamic immigration because it brings Islam to the West and many (me included) believe that Islam is a totalitarian political ideology. Has nothing to do with nationality or race or whatever.

I could very well agree with that but how do you link terrorism into this ideology? This would suggests that the 1.6 billion Muslims are terrorist by nature.
thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 thebest31406
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="Blaze787"] except for the part where he clarified he's linking it to an ideology, not ethnicity or nationality

I might agree with that but how does terrorism play a role. Mind you, I don't believe that said incident is a terrorist attack.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 coolbeans90

The one Muslim friend of mine is pretty great.  We get hammered all the time.

The_Lipscomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 The_Lipscomb
Member since 2013 • 2603 Posts

The one Muslim friend of mine is pretty great.  We get hammered all the time.

coolbeans90
lol
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
[QUOTE="Yusuke420"]

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"]

MrPraline

lol
Blaze787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Blaze787

[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="thebest31406"] Ideology? What about it?thebest31406

I could very well agree with that but how do you link terrorism into this ideology? This would suggests that the 1.6 billion Muslims are terrorist by nature.

A large chunk of that 1.6 billion, at the very least, harbour sympathies with those who carry out atrocities in the name of this ideology. And it's certainly enough for the West to take the issue of Islamic immigration very seriously.

And by the way, in case anyone's wondering, I'm not white.  In fact, I look very middle eastern, and come from a region of the world that's plagued by violence and tension in which the common denominator is quite often Islam.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 thebest31406
[QUOTE="Blaze787"][QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="MrPraline"] He dislikes Islamic immigration because it brings Islam to the West and many (me included) believe that Islam is a totalitarian political ideology. Has nothing to do with nationality or race or whatever.

A large chunk of that 1.6 billion, at the very least, harbour sympathies with those who carry out atrocities in the name of this ideology. And it's certainly enough for the West to take the issue of Islamic immigration very seriously.

Well I think I'd like to see some proof of that.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="MrPraline"] He dislikes Islamic immigration because it brings Islam to the West and many (me included) believe that Islam is a totalitarian political ideology. Has nothing to do with nationality or race or whatever. Blaze787

This part bothers me. If we're supposed to see this as some whack jobs doing the terrorism...why did I see massive celebrations in the ME on 9-11?

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

[QUOTE="michaelP4"]BBC News: A man has died and two are injured after police responded to a reported machete attack in south-east London. 1744: Nick Robinson Political editor This is being treated as a serious terrorist attack by Islamist extremists on the streets of Britain. 1741: Nick Robinson Political editor Senior Whitehall sources have told the BBC the Woolwich attackers are thought to have tried to film their attack whilst shouting "Allahu Akbar" - God is Great. The men were said to have been of Muslim appearance. Just heard about this now. Government has called an emergency meeting.Netherscourge

Had he used a GUN, I'm guessing a dozen people would have been injured and/or killed.

Thank goodness for gun laws over there.

Yes, I'm using this as an example of why gun laws/restrictions are a good thing - to prevent psychos from doing more damage.

Yeah, but it took 20 minutes for an armed unit to respond because the regular constabulary are not allowed to carry firearrms.

Then... what stopped the bad guys? Answer: Good men with guns.

If anything, I see it as yet another failing of gun laws and restrictions.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

[QUOTE="Blaze787"][QUOTE="thebest31406"] I could very well agree with that but how do you link terrorism into this ideology? This would suggests that the 1.6 billion Muslims are terrorist by nature.thebest31406

Well in a Poll by Pew Research only 72% of Muslims (from around the world) said violence against civilians is Rarely or never Justified. 

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 thebest31406
[QUOTE="Person0"][QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="Blaze787"] A large chunk of that 1.6 billion, at the very least, harbour sympathies with those who carry out atrocities in the name of this ideology. And it's certainly enough for the West to take the issue of Islamic immigration very seriously.

Well in a Poll by Pew Research only 72% of Muslims said violence against civilians is Rarely or never Justified.

"only 72%" That's a lot. That's more than a lot; that's the majority. Though I find it weird that Pew never polls the worst of the bunch, Saudi Arabia. I'd like to hear there thoughts on things.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b

[QUOTE="Person0"][QUOTE="thebest31406"] Well I think I'd like to see some proof of that.thebest31406
Well in a Poll by Pew Research only 72% of Muslims said violence against civilians is Rarely or never Justified.

"only 72%" That's a lot. That's more than a lot; that's the majority. Though I find it weird that Pew never polls the worst of the bunch, Saudi Arabia. I'd like to hear there thoughts on things.

Well 30% saying violence against civilians is sometimes or always justified is pretty scary. And that 72% includes people that say is is rarely justified.

ThaneKrios28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 ThaneKrios28
Member since 2013 • 1551 Posts
[QUOTE="michaelP4"]BBC News: A man has died and two are injured after police responded to a reported machete attack in south-east London. 1744: Nick Robinson Political editor This is being treated as a serious terrorist attack by Islamist extremists on the streets of Britain. 1741: Nick Robinson Political editor Senior Whitehall sources have told the BBC the Woolwich attackers are thought to have tried to film their attack whilst shouting "Allahu Akbar" - God is Great. The men were said to have been of Muslim appearance. Just heard about this now. Government has called an emergency meeting.

the government there are idiots since i dont see this as a terror attack at all..................
NEWMAHAY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 NEWMAHAY
Member since 2012 • 3824 Posts
[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="Yusuke420"] There are people of questionable character that are from all types of different backgrounds. It doesn't mean that they condone this behavior. Did you personally condone the things that people like James Holmes did just because they were of caucasian background?LJS9502_basic

lol

Its true. Its been like that for awhile.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="NEWMAHAY"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="MrPraline"] Middle Eastern people are Caucasian as well

lol

Er....what?
Jimn_tonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Jimn_tonic
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

Islam is still a young religion. It's going through it's rambunctious teenage phase of slaughtering infidels. Hopefully, in a couple hundred years, they will grow out of it.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 thebest31406

[QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="Person0"] Well in a Poll by Pew Research only 72% of Muslims said violence against civilians is Rarely or never Justified. Person0

Well 30% saying violence against civilians is sometimes or always justified is pretty scary. And that 72% includes people that say is is rarely justified.

When it comes to violence or force against others, you'll never get universal peaceful opinion from any group. 30 percent of Americans believe that there should be an armed rebellion in the US. 58 percent of protestants, Catholics and 33 percent of Mormons feel that military attacks against civilians is justified. What does that tell you? All it tells you is there's a portion of assholes in every group that is despicable but generally, people aren't so bad.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="Person0"]

[QUOTE="thebest31406"] "only 72%" That's a lot. That's more than a lot; that's the majority. Though I find it weird that Pew never polls the worst of the bunch, Saudi Arabia. I'd like to hear there thoughts on things.thebest31406

When it comes to violence or force against others, you'll never get universal peaceful opinion from any group. 30 percent of Americans believe that there should be an armed rebellion in the US. 58 percent of protestants, Catholics and 33 percent of Mormons feel that military attacks against civilians is justified. What does that tell you? All it tells you is there's a portion of assholes in every group that is despicable but generally, people aren't so bad.

Link.....
thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 thebest31406

[QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="Person0"] Well 30% saying violence against civilians is sometimes or always justified is pretty scary. And that 72% includes people that say is is rarely justified.

Person0

Link.....

Always. You should know by now. http://www.gallup.com/poll/148763/Muslim-Americans-No-Justification-Violence.aspx
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="Person0"]

[QUOTE="thebest31406"] When it comes to violence or force against others, you'll never get universal peaceful opinion from any group. 30 percent of Americans believe that there should be an armed rebellion in the US. 58 percent of protestants, Catholics and 33 percent of Mormons feel that military attacks against civilians is justified. What does that tell you? All it tells you is there's a portion of assholes in every group that is despicable but generally, people aren't so bad.thebest31406

Link.....

Always. You should know by now.

Oh well Muslim Americans is quite different from ME Muslims in what they think and do....Muslims in general though will be skewed differently.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 coolbeans90

[QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="Person0"] Link.....LJS9502_basic

Oh well Muslim Americans is quite different from ME Muslims in what they think and do....Muslims in general though will be skewed differently.

The ones that are here seem to be aight, though, if that survey is any indication.

thebest31406

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 thebest31406

[QUOTE="thebest31406"][QUOTE="Person0"] Link.....LJS9502_basic

Probably so, but as Person illustrated, the majority of the worlds Muslims don't justify killing of civilians.
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts
From what I have read, the attacker, who used a meat cleaver (something typically found in a butcher shop) and not a machete, was actually born in England.
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

[QUOTE="NEWMAHAY"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] lolLJS9502_basic

Er....what?

The term "Caucasian" applies to all or some of the populations from Europe, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, Western Asia/Middle East, Asia Minor, Central Asia, and South Asia.

More info

The word is commonly used in the United States to describe white people of European descent. The term "European American" would be a more accurate description, but "Caucasian" took the lead before it, I guess. 

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#95 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts
[QUOTE="michaelP4"]Obviously not. Could be more planned attacks on the way, info etc. I'd rather have the government meeting about it instead of just sitting around.ferrari2001
governments don't do anything though. They meet, they talk, they come up with some law that does nothing, and then go home patting themselves on the back. I fail to see what the government could possibly do that the police and nation security forces can't do better.

The sad truth.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="NEWMAHAY"] Its true. Its been like that for awhile. gamerguru100

Er....what?

The term "Caucasian" applies to all or some of the populations from Europe, North Africa, the Horn of Africa, Western Asia/Middle East, Asia Minor, Central Asia, and South Asia.

The word is commonly used in the United States to describe white people of European descent. The term "European American" would be a more accurate description, but "Caucasian" took the lead before it, I guess. 

I know what a Caucasian is....I asked what the dude meant by his post which could be interpreted several ways.  Also the word is used correctly in the US and the ME would be mostly Causasian.

remas100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 remas100
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="PWSteal_Ldpinch"]

[QUOTE="ferrari2001"]And why does the government need earn money an emergency meeting. Can't the police just arrest the guy and be done with it. What are they going to do, legislate Machete's?

Authorities have a different approach for crimes that are considered hate crimes. For example, a woman in london was jailed for 41 weeks for saying racist things on a bus.

Had he used a GUN, I'm guessing a dozen people would have been injured and/or killed. Thank goodness for gun laws over there. Yes, I'm using this as an example of why gun laws/restrictions are a good thing - to prevent psychos from doing more damage.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-59f03d6ce656b
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]

[QUOTE="thebest31406"] Always. You should know by now.thebest31406

Probably so, but as Person illustrated, the majority of the worlds Muslims don't justify killing of civilians.

Well that was a question asking if Suicide bombing in defense of islam against civilians was justified. the polls you put up about other religions isn't the same.
VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#99 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

[QUOTE="PWSteal_Ldpinch"]

[QUOTE="ferrari2001"]And why does the government need earn money an emergency meeting. Can't the police just arrest the guy and be done with it. What are they going to do, legislate Machete's? remas100

Authorities have a different approach for crimes that are considered hate crimes. For example, a woman in london was jailed for 41 weeks for saying racist things on a bus.

Had he used a GUN, I'm guessing a dozen people would have been injured and/or killed. Thank goodness for gun laws over there. Yes, I'm using this as an example of why gun laws/restrictions are a good thing - to prevent psychos from doing more damage.

According to the report, one of the men did have a gun. But they chose to use their bladed weapons instead. It also took 20 minutes for an armed unit to respond because the regular constabulary, who arrived on-scene earlier, are not allowed to carry firearrms.

Then... who stopped the bad guys? Answer: Good men with guns.

If anything, I see it as yet another failing of gun laws and restrictions.

Avatar image for deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
deactivated-609eda8a7edd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 deactivated-609eda8a7edd0
Member since 2012 • 1173 Posts
Tensions really high here in London, I wouldn't be surprised if race related violence started to break out at some point.