sanghelle56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1 sanghelle56
Member since 2017 • 243 Posts

I thought this series was dead the moment Genisys came out. It's making an unexpected comeback when Dark Fate hits theaters.

And the f**king BEST PART is that all movies after T2 (T3, Salvation, and Genisys) are now NON-CANON. As in they never happened in the verse!

I was shocked even more just yesterday seeing that John Connor's in the movie after all. Even played by the same guy from T2. But why is Schwarzenegger back? I thought he dumped himself in lava so that Cyberdyne wouldn't use him? :/

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 5142 Posts

I didn't think it looked too bad when I saw the trailer, either. I'll probably go see it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 35597 Posts

Looks pretty poo to me, but i'll happily be wrong.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 44633 Posts

I'm excited for it. I mean, it's Terminator, one of my favorite franchises of all time. Very happy to see Linda Hamilton back, she is as important to the series as Arnold is (perhaps even more important).

I Just hope they don't hose it down with estrogen and turn it into a feminist statement. Linda Hamilton is a badass woman, you don't need to toss more women into the mix unless it's actually relevant.

This picture has me worried:

With that said, I didn't think the other Terminator movies were all that bad. I mean T3 was pretty terrible, but Salvation was kind of amazing. I love how it took place in the future and you got to see all the machine stuff.

Genisys would have been good, but unfortunately the story, writing, and everything else was terrible, and Emilia Clarke can't act for shit. Like many movies that are part of a series these days, it was a movie that just did not need to be made.

@sanghelle56 said:

I was shocked even more just yesterday seeing that John Connor's in the movie after all. Even played by the same guy from T2. But why is Schwarzenegger back? I thought he dumped himself in lava so that Cyberdyne wouldn't use him? :/

They got Edward Furlong back!? Oh boy...that is not good for the series. I hope his role is very, very, very limited. Guy has been fired from other movies for domestic violence.

Also, he has let himself go

Child actors, amirite?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By uninspiredcup

The whole feminist thing is so odd, and to this day I still have no idea why the director made those dumb ass comments inciting his potential audience. And then we get all those fanatical left-wing click-baity websites making out it's some big deal. Does it really need explained that it always had a strong female lead and that no one gave a shit?

Loading Video...

Regarding Edward Furlong, it's really sad what happened to that dude and it's nice he is returning, but i'm not sure I like what they are doing to his character if the leaks are anything to go by.

See people complain about him as well, which is just bizarre, for his first performance as a child actor he's amazing. He's not suppose to be likeable at the start, that's the entire point, he's a delinquent with Foster parents who can't stand him and an insane mom who brainwashed him as a child, unlikely hero of humanity, foibles. Not perfect from the start Jesus boy. Far more interesting.

Can't say I agree with mrbojangles25 comments on Salvation being good, but to it's credit, it did at least try something new than just copy-pasting the same shit over and over degraded.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 38659 Posts

I for one really like Genisys. It pays respects to Judgment Day in every ways of the film and despite it's flaws, it was still miles better then Salvation. As for Dark Fate, it doesn't look anything like with Genisys, it looks like a sequel to Salvation to me but I could be wrong and not really hype for this film, but I'll still go see it day one.

If I'm being honest, that new Terminator game looks better then Dark Fate from the trailers I seen so far.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 6246 Posts

I really liked Terminator 3 ending.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 14574 Posts

Trailers look like absolute garbage.

The new Terminator is about as intimidating as the guy in the electronics section at Best Buy, we got grandpa Arnie, feminist frequency, gender studies, and ridiculously absurd Marvel-esque over the top set pieces in a franchise that has always remained very grounded in its fiction. The movie reeks of more of the same big budget, vapid AAA spectacle, MTV generation Hollywood sewage that’s there simply as an excuse to showcase the newest flashy CGI advancement of the week, but is ultimately empty and utterly forgettable. Even more telling that they’re hammering home Cameron’s name every chance they get to allude to actual talent and excellent films and are desperately attempting to leverage nostalgia to trick people into watching shitty ones.

I hate to be so cynical, but everything about this screams to stay far far away, and the director insulting his audience is the final cherry on top for me to flip it the bird and watch it when there’s nothing else on TV in five years. To hell with this movie. I no longer care for Terminator, along with Alien, Indiana Jones, Predator, and Star Wars, amongst others. Really remarkable how these studios can destroy seemingly assured bets and solid gold properties, but here we are.

As for Eddie boy, no doubt if he’s returning he’s under contractual obligation to live at the gym for a year prior to filming if he looks like that.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 10774 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

I'm excited for it. I mean, it's Terminator, one of my favorite franchises of all time. Very happy to see Linda Hamilton back, she is as important to the series as Arnold is (perhaps even more important).

I Just hope they don't hose it down with estrogen and turn it into a feminist statement. Linda Hamilton is a badass woman, you don't need to toss more women into the mix unless it's actually relevant.

This picture has me worried:

With that said, I didn't think the other Terminator movies were all that bad. I mean T3 was pretty terrible, but Salvation was kind of amazing. I love how it took place in the future and you got to see all the machine stuff.

Genisys would have been good, but unfortunately the story, writing, and everything else was terrible, and Emilia Clarke can't act for shit. Like many movies that are part of a series these days, it was a movie that just did not need to be made.

@sanghelle56 said:

They got Edward Furlong back!? Oh boy...that is not good for the series. I hope his role is very, very, very limited. Guy has been fired from other movies for domestic violence.

Also, he has let himself go

Child actors, amirite?

Exactly. this is why this movie looks pretty bad.

Terminator shine because of Arnold. he is poster boy of franchise. once they decide to sideline him. downfall of terminator is started.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 44802 Posts

It looks like shit.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 844 Posts

Looks like trash to me. Just another leftwing panderfest.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DEVILinIRON

Edward Furlong could just play a cameo. Plus they can do all sorts of cgi these days to compensate for the undesirable aspects of a person's body.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 3186 Posts

@r-gamer: James Cameron has always been pretty left-wing. Is it pandering when a director puts their own views onto their own movie? If anything I'd say the suits used to tone him down to pander to the white male audience, but now he has the box-office cred to do what he wants.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#16 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 10774 Posts
@judaspete said:

@r-gamer: James Cameron has always been pretty left-wing. Is it pandering when a director puts their own views onto their own movie? If anything I'd say the suits used to tone him down to pander to the white male audience, but now he has the box-office cred to do what he wants.

Most of James cameron movies just suck. apart from First blood 2 and Terminator 2.

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 3246 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

Trailers look like absolute garbage.

The new Terminator is about as intimidating as the guy in the electronics section at Best Buy, we got grandpa Arnie, feminist frequency, gender studies, and ridiculously absurd Marvel-esque over the top set pieces in a franchise that has always remained very grounded in its fiction. The movie reeks of more of the same big budget, vapid AAA spectacle, MTV generation Hollywood sewage that’s there simply as an excuse to showcase the newest flashy CGI advancement of the week, but is ultimately empty and utterly forgettable. Even more telling that they’re hammering home Cameron’s name every chance they get to allude to actual talent and excellent films and are desperately attempting to leverage nostalgia to trick people into watching shitty ones.

I hate to be so cynical, but everything about this screams to stay far far away, and the director insulting his audience is the final cherry on top for me to flip it the bird and watch it when there’s nothing else on TV in five years. To hell with this movie. I no longer care for Terminator, along with Alien, Indiana Jones, Predator, and Star Wars, amongst others. Really remarkable how these studios can destroy seemingly assured bets and solid gold properties, but here we are.

As for Eddie boy, no doubt if he’s returning he’s under contractual obligation to live at the gym for a year prior to filming if he looks like that.

LMAO agree this Terimnator looks like trash. I had high hopes when I heard Cameron and Hamilton where involved but after seeing the trailers it looks like generic garbage.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By uninspiredcup
@judaspete said:

Yea, this is not something new or really, bad. Again, nobody batted an eye-lash at Sarah Conner or Ripley/Newt because they were well done characters.

-

Watching that recent trailer confirms how bad the special FX are, they couldn't even get the basic teleportation sphere to look as good as T2, this entire movies gonna look like a PS4 game.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 844 Posts

@judaspete: Yea I'd hate to tell you but no matter how hard they try most women wont give two flying shits about this movie. That's what people seem to fail to understand. Most women are not interested in big action movies. It doesn't matter how many bad ass chicks they put into action movies it's very rare that they do well.

The sad thing is the guy knows how to do well developed female heroes without it feeling like a panderfest. Hes done it before with Ripley and Sarah Connor but now Hollywood seems incapable of doing that.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DEVILinIRON

What I don't get is that certain gun loving men used to like seeing women with guns in the media. Now the very same kind of guy finds the idea of a woman with a gun threatening, especially in films. It's like it's empowering for men to have a gun, but seeing women with guns is disgusting, these days.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By uninspiredcup
@DEVILinIRON said:

What I don't get is that certain gun loving men used to like seeing women with guns in the media. Now the very same kind of guy finds the idea of a woman with a gun threatening, especially in films. It's like it's empowering for men to have a gun, but seeing women with guns is disgusting, these days.

Aside from the very obvious, misguided comment from the director inciting the fanbase, woman like Sarah Conner and Ripley where straight up better characters than what people pout now.

There are a few good examples, people can talk shit all they like about Prometheus and it's masses of illogical fallacies but Elizabeth Shaw was a good character. At the end of that movie when she buggers off with the head and the bag, I genuinely wanted to see what happened to her.

But then the movie just, disregarded everything and gave us tripe that made Prometheus look like a masterpiece (but that's another argument)...

And then you get someone like Rey, who is actively held up as a good example of female representation.

Is she even a character?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DEVILinIRON

@uninspiredcup: Tell me, wasn't Mary Poppins quite the character? Practically perfect in every way? Rey must be the Mary Poppins of the Star Wars universe! I kid, I kid. But it would be cool at the end of this next movie for her to twirl her lightsaber like a helicopter and fly away into the heavens. The end.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By uninspiredcup
@DEVILinIRON said:

@uninspiredcup: Tell me, wasn't Mary Poppins quite the character? Practically perfect in every way? Rey must be the Mary Poppins of the Star Wars universe! I kid, I kid. But it would be cool at the end of this next movie for her to twirl her lightsaber like a helicopter and fly away into the heavens. The end.

Mary Poppins makes sense in the context the movie, she exists to lift everyone around her, making the surrounding cast develop and better themselves.

However, yes, to me she still somewhat boring, as with many Disney movies, they are an idealised world to point of fault. Usually the best, and most memorable scenes tend (again opinion) to be in complete contrast to that where that hero is flawed, everything goes to shit and they develop from that earning the triumphant ending.

Loading Video...

When the heroes journey starts and ends with Mary Poppins, who gives a shit?

That's very much the case with Sarah Conner, in the first movie she's a flimsy bare-maid scared and unsure. By the end of the movie she's ordering the man to get up off his ass while fighting a creation (literally) taken from James Cameron's nightmare.

And then that carries on to her son who's some messed up kid with foster parents who can't stand his ass, eventually picking her up as she has her low points.

What's Reys low point? Finding out she wasn't Jesus like everything in the movie indicated?

In all likelihood will be the case in the next movie.

The ultimate, ultimate, ultimate something something, the key to all the thing thing that ties all the shit together. Only she can something something to defeat the evil space wizord.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DEVILinIRON

Wasn't Rey unsure of herself in the first film? Honestly, I don't remember. Do I think she's boring? I guess. I'm not a big fan of the franchise.

Now, I don't claim to have practically perfect posts. But I can truly say that in the last post I was just playing the devil's advocate. Just trying to entertain interesting images and ideas. I'm not so serious. So there is no why, so please don't try. There is no Bud Dry. And yes, feel free not to take me seriously and judge me accordingly.

Nice post.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DEVILinIRON

Wasn't Rey unsure of herself in the first film? Honestly, I don't remember. Do I think she's boring? I guess. I'm not a big fan of the franchise.

Now, I don't claim to have practically perfect posts. But I can truly say that in the last post I was just playing the devil's advocate. Just trying to entertain interesting images and ideas. I'm not so serious. There is no why, so please don't try. There is no more Bud Dry. And yes, feel free not to take me seriously and judge me accordingly.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 20049 Posts

I feel like they tried too hard with the whole feminism thing when it's always had a strong female lead. Now it just feels inorganic and forced.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 14574 Posts

@DEVILinIRON said:

Just a difference in execution. Men loved seeing women in action roles back in the day because it was about the strength and competence of the character's writing. Their gender is irrelevant if it doesn't require their sexual characteristics to progress the narrative. These same people don't feel threatened, they feel insulted and object to incredibly amateurish writing and grade school character development combined alongside an obvious agenda.

So when they object to those things, the Left immediately throws labels at people claiming them sexist, bigots, threatened, etc, when that isn't even the case. Why? Because they so desperately desire "equality", "representation", and the hatred for the white man to be propagated and reinforced that they'll dismiss the utter incompetence of writing (the actual problem) and attack those who recognize it in order to be able to do so.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DEVILinIRON

@MirkoS77: I see. I haven't been following the left too intensely, so I am not familiar with the white man hate. At the same token, I haven't really been following the right so much. It would be nice if there became some sort of balance between the two camps. They seem to have some valid arguments on either side. Maybe there can eventually become a balance between Rambo and Captain Marvel. Maybe the robots will come and we'll have another counterweight to consider.

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29  Edited By thereal25
Member since 2011 • 1849 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:
@DEVILinIRON said:

Just a difference in execution. Men loved seeing women in action roles back in the day because it was about the strength and competence of the character's writing. Their gender is irrelevant if it doesn't require their sexual characteristics to progress the narrative. These same people don't feel threatened, they feel insulted and object to incredibly amateurish writing and grade school character development combined alongside an obvious agenda.

So when they object to those things, the Left immediately throws labels at people claiming them sexist, bigots, threatened, etc, when that isn't even the case. Why? Because they so desperately desire "equality", "representation", and the hatred for the white man to be propagated and reinforced that they'll dismiss the utter incompetence of writing (the actual problem) and attack those who recognize it in order to be able to do so.

Yup. I can't believe there's actually categories in Neflix for movies/tv shows with "strong female leads".

If I'm looking for some entertainment I want to know if the show/movie is actually any good - I couldn't give a rat's a## if it has "strong" female lead characters.

Problem is, feminism has been taken too far. Females were undoubtedly underrepresented in the past but now the balance has moved past the equilibrium point and MEN are now the ones struggling!

Anyway, on topic I just saw the latest (and final) trailer for Dark Fate. To be fair it does look like it will be a good movie unlike Batwomen which is man-hating at it's finest without ANY quality whatsoever.