Tattoos n Piercings, what do you have or want?

The_Vampress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The_Vampress
Member since 2006 • 6472 Posts

What have you had done or want to get done? I find it fascinating, the stories behind the tattoo's. Feel free to post n share yours. :)

I only have one tat on my wrist, I'm practically a tat virgin. I'll have to get a pic.

Would like to get something done on my back one day that incorporates all of the following (vampires, crows, roses, Halloween, occult, and all centered around the letter V) in an abstract manor with potentially some sci fi bionic whisps. Hardest part is trying to draw out said vision when you suck at drawing. Cuticle tattoo's are, interesting...

As for piercing's, and I don't count my ears, I have a nose ring. No crazy piercing personally, though there's a couple I'd consider getting one day. XD

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#2 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16017 Posts

I have the logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs on my back (they're a hockey team). Once the COVID restrictions are lifted, I will get Dragonforce's logo on my back as well (they're my favourite band). I've been thinking about getting something that has to do with Nintendo, but I haven't made up my mind yet. I don't have any piercings and I have no desire to get one.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11126 Posts

I have neither. Maybe (and that's a huge maybe) I'd consinder getting a tattoo but I can't think of anything I would want to imprint on my body forever.

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

I have a leg sleeve on my left leg from ankle to knee. Left side is a Grim Reaper in a cemetery and right side is aTree of Life on a mountain range by a river. Both sides are connected with new growth/ withered and dying plants to show a cycle if life and death wrapping around my leg. It was about (3) 8 hour tat sessions, and I'd like to get more done on it eventually. No piercings anymore.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8780 Posts

Nada. I don't think I could pull any of that stuff off.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56212 Posts

@johnd13 said:

I have neither. Maybe (and that's a huge maybe) I'd consinder getting a tattoo but I can't think of anything I would want to imprint on my body forever.

I'm in the same boat here. I consider getting a Tattoo during my Teenage years but I really don't know what I really want on my body and as of now, I still don't know what to get. I'm okay never getting ink so I just leave it like that. Only piercing I have is just a simple earing.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

@davillain said:
@johnd13 said:

I'm in the same boat here. I consider getting a Tattoo during my Teenage years but I really don't know what I really want on my body and as of now, I still don't know what to get. I'm okay never getting ink so I just leave it like that. Only piercing I have is just a simple earing.

Third-ed. Other than an earring I got when I was 10, I got no tats. Everyone else in my family has ink of some sort, including the wife. If I haven't got one by now, chances are I probably won't get any, period. That boat has sailed for me.

The_Vampress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Vampress

@dracula_16 said:

I have the logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs on my back (they're a hockey team). Once the COVID restrictions are lifted, I will get Dragonforce's logo on my back as well (they're my favourite band). I've been thinking about getting something that has to do with Nintendo, but I haven't made up my mind yet. I don't have any piercings and I have no desire to get one.

Old school Nintendo controller or the symbol for the system. Or one for a specific Nintendo console you played.

@rmiller365 said:

I have a leg sleeve on my left leg from ankle to knee. Left side is a Grim Reaper in a cemetery and right side is aTree of Life on a mountain range by a river. Both sides are connected with new growth/ withered and dying plants to show a cycle if life and death wrapping around my leg. It was about (3) 8 hour tat sessions, and I'd like to get more done on it eventually. No piercings anymore.

Oh wow! Sounds amazing and detailed, love the whole concept.

@everyone who ops to not get one,

Totally understandable :)

The_Vampress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Vampress

tackiest tattoos ever?

Names. Why do people get them? gotta get my kids names inked on me for life, lest I ever forget. Or better yet, the names of past lovers/partners. why people, WHY!? well, I suppose at the time they weren't past, but you can see why it's a bad idea lol.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8780 Posts

@The_Vampress: What do you think about your last name on your upper back? I remember a few MMA fighters that inked their names on their back.

Or wings on your back? What do you think of that?

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

@The_Vampress: I think it depends on the situation. I knew someone who had the name of her child tattooed on them as a memorial, as the child was stillborn. If someone loses a person close to them, I get it.

But if they're healthy and no issues? I couldn't tell you.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58375 Posts

I love tattoos, but have none myself. If I ever get my life in order and start accomplishing certain personal goals, I might get some to celebrate certain milestones (specifically weight loss).

I've often thought of tattooing a reminder, proverb, or something meaningful only to me on my forearm so whenever I have doubts or need to remember important things, I can just look down...but that seems kind of lame.

Definitely want a tattoo at some point, though.

Piercings I'm indifferent about, don't really like them in general as I find jewelry to be gaudy and I don't know how anyone could stand wearing something in their ear, nose, etc.. but then again I am a guy who can't even stand a watch on his wrist. That's just for me though I'm not judging anyone who does have piercings.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2440 Posts

Have none, want none, don't even like them on other people, including ordinary piercings on women's ears as they begin to sag.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3481 Posts

I have none and will never have one. If I was at gunpoint, I would like to have a Yakuza tattoo on my back, it looks so cool.

The_Vampress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_Vampress

@mrbojangles25: Not lame at all. If there's truly words that mean a lot to you then it can be worth it. Plus you could get it done in such a way only you see it, others would have to really look at it. Crazy amount of different font options.

@hallenbeck77: Yes, that would be a decent reason to do so.

@DEVILinIRON: I'd have to say, hell no. No way I'd ever tat my last name on my back.

Traditional wings that most people get look really nice for sure, but they wouldn't be something I'd be likely to do. Perhaps wings that were more bat / demonic in nature would be alright. Bit less on the feathery side, bit more on the lack there of.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1679 Posts

I have a Spider-Man tat on my right forearm. It's taken from some Mark Bagley artwork in the mid 90's. Always said I would get a Green Goblin on the other arm but never did.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7313 Posts
@The_Vampress said:

Would like to get something done on my back one day that incorporates all of the following (vampires, crows, roses, Halloween, occult, and all centered around the letter V) in an abstract manor with potentially some sci fi bionic whisps. Hardest part is trying to draw out said vision when you suck at drawing. Cuticle tattoo's are, interesting...

I don't have any, but my wife has quite a few tattoos. Some of them are pretty elaborate, and she can't really draw either.

There is a lot going on in your idea, but a good tattoo artist would be able to make it come to life. I'd say google a couple pictures you like of a vampire, crow, rose, wisps, whathaveyou. Then look up tattoo artists in your area, find one that has a style you like, and schedule a consultation with them and bring all your pictures.

That's how my wife went about it anyway.

The_Vampress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 The_Vampress

@judaspete said:
@The_Vampress said:

I don't have any, but my wife has quite a few tattoos. Some of them are pretty elaborate, and she can't really draw either.

There is a lot going on in your idea, but a good tattoo artist would be able to make it come to life. I'd say google a couple pictures you like of a vampire, crow, rose, wisps, whathaveyou. Then look up tattoo artists in your area, find one that has a style you like, and schedule a consultation with them and bring all your pictures.

That's how my wife went about it anyway.

Finding a good tattoo artist is probably the hardest part without breaking the bank haha

The_Vampress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Vampress

huzzah.... finally. nothing crazy. just me jolly roger.

family used to have a cabin on a lake (which I absolutely adored), they used to fly a pirate flag occasionally for shits n giggles I'm told (pirates heck yeah), I was given said flag (which I still have), so compounded for me it reminds me of that cabin, forests, freedom and pirates XD yup, I was told I should've gone back to get it touched up, but I actually love that it comes with it's own natural imperfections.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1351 Posts

I have quite a few tattoos, covering my forearms, back, legs and sides, some have personal meaning and some are just because I like the aesthetics of the art. I also have my nipples and ear pierced.

I used to have my eyebrow pierced along with my cartilage on my ear, but had to take those out for work unfortunately.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7313 Posts

@The_Vampress: Ha! Unfortunately, for a tattoo as complex as your idea sounds, you probably want to break the bank. It would take a pretty talented artist to make all that work together well.

UncleKris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 UncleKris
Member since 2022 • 14 Posts

I only got one tattoo, which is on my arm. A fox tattoo consisting of simple lines,and it was created by an old maori lady in NZ.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2144 Posts

Have neither, would like some tats, but I'm hairy as ****, so there's no point.

Peasly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#26 Peasly
Member since 2004 • 554 Posts

Would love to get an Assassin's Creed tattoo. I like either of these:

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#27 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6098 Posts

I have a tattoo of my favourite band but being almost turning 50 in a few years I now regret getting this tattoo. I had no brains when I was younger.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

None and no thanks. But my wife unintentionally has a tattoo under the corner of her eye from a pen fight when she was in primary school.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17671 Posts

Neither, don’t want either.

Have nothing against tattoos or piercings, but as I find a woman’s skin one of the most beautiful things about her, I view it as kind of a blemish. Breaks the flow.

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#30 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

Tattoos only. Both arms. Right forearm is almost full, after that I'll move up to cover my whole sleeve. Don't think I'll do the same for my left arm. I have 3 tats there and it's cool for now. Polka trash tattoos being my favorite kind of art.

TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#31 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33351 Posts

I don't have any tattoos or piercings, nor want any. Having ink injected into my skin or having metal stuck through my skin just isn't my thing.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

Don't plan to have one, but I find UV tattoos pretty cool.