Taliban Behead 17 for Partying

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blaze787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Blaze787
Member since 2007 • 535 Posts

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/aug/27/taliban-behead-17-afghan-partygoers

Stories like this piss me off. I honestly think the international community needs to do more to stop these freaks rather than cut down. I know a few Afghani women in Toronto, and every single one of them is passionate about women's rights, particularly in their home country.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#2 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

Makes me wonder how you go about stopping such behavior from happening. and i mean that in a sensible one that could effectively do it without getting blow-back.

I await for someone to somehow excuse this behaviour though.

Because stories like this, throwing acid in little girls faces, and chopping off the ears and noses of women who don't slavishly obey their husbands. Only strengthens my reasoning why the international community has an obligation, not just to the 30 million people in Afghanistan, but also to humanity to see to it this part of the world does not simply fall back into the abyss of bloody theocratic tribal anarchy that it was before.

It's perhaps the only modern conflict (and i did not agree with Iraq) that i view as morally justified. not just because of 9/11.

SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

Double-facepalm.jpg

That's just terrible.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

Makes me wonder how you go about stopping such behavior from happening. and i mean that in a sensible one that could effectively do it without getting blow-back.

Because stories like this, throwing acid in little girls faces, and chopping off the ears and noses of women who don't slavishly obey their husbands. Only strengthens my reasoning why the international community has an obligation, not just to the 30 million people in Afghanistan, but also to humanity to see to it this part of the world does not simply fall back into the abyss of bloody theocratic tribal anarchy that it was before.

It's perhaps the only modern conflict (and i did not agree with Iraq) that i view as morally justified. not just because of 9/11.

SaudiFury
Normally I'm one of those guys saying countries shouldn't interfere, but this kinda sh*t has got to stop.What can be done though? These animals are like cancer - you think you've got the last of them only for more to appear somewhere else. It's really hard to wrap your head around 17 people being decapitated (which isn't necessarily a fast and painless death) for having a bit of fun listening to music and dancing.
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SaudiFury

[QUOTE="SaudiFury"]

PernicioEnigma

Normally I'm one of those guys saying countries shouldn't interfere, but this kinda sh*t has got to stop.What can be done though? These animals are like cancer - you think you've got the last of them only for more to appear somewhere else. It's really hard to wrap your head around 17 people being decapitated (which isn't necessarily a fast and painless death) for having a bit of fun listening to music and dancing.

if you thinking cutting off heads is horrific (and i've seen the terrorist footage from the Iraq war), look up the after the effects of women who had acid thrown on their faces. I mean there are some truly. TRULY. TRULY. horrific sights to see. so much so my heart physically feels wrenched and blood boils to the point that if i ever saw someone do that, i could very well kill that person..

:|

and that sounds extreme, and it IS extreme. and it's an extreme response to such things that words cannot express how evil I find it.

If you've seen what i've seen, which, i leave to you guys to find for yourselves, and for the forums sake please don't share it here.

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

This is one of those times I wish it were ok just to go in and napalm the sh*t out of those guys. Anyone willing to hurt another human because they don't follow their religion deserves to burn.

Allthishate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Allthishate
Member since 2009 • 1879 Posts

This is one of those times I wish it were ok just to go in and napalm the sh*t out of those guys. Anyone willing to hurt another human because they don't follow their religion deserves to burn.

Guybrush_3
Na sorry same religion morons non the less. AGAIN u can make the case the Taliban are not Muslims since they pervert the main msg of Islam for there own means. And FYI we are already blowing them up..
rastotm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rastotm
Member since 2011 • 1380 Posts

Can we please stop these treads? It is simply stupid to compare these nations with our social norms, as they are behind in development on so many levels.
If you truly desire to change these nations, then stop interacting with them in a commanding or even violent way and provide them with support, education and understanding. It's pointless to try and force these people to change, as change has to come naturally. If we force these changes then they simply obey it without truly understanding the morals behind it. Which is bound to cause problems in the end.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SaudiFury

Can we please stop these treads? It is simply stupid to compare these nations with our social norms, as they are behind in development on so many levels.
If you truly desire to change these nations, then stop interacting with them in a commanding or even violent way and provide them with support, education and understanding. It's pointless to try and force these people to change, as change has to come naturally. If we force these changes then they simply obey it without truly understanding the morals behind it. Which is bound to cause problems in the end.

rastotm

The United States already is. has anyone NOT seen what downtown Kabul looks like today?

mkafg468.jpg

boys and girls mingling... boys and girls going to school.

for fvck sake, boys and girls unrelated to one another can't talk to each other if your in Saudi still. Not openly.

I'm not saying it's perfect, it's got a LONG LONG way to go. but what your seeing in that pic is and was ONLY possible because of American intervention.

and as much good as the international community is doing, or trying to do. You cannot stop monsters from throwing acid in these little girls faces.

I understand some sort of settlement has to be made between the Afghan government and the Taliban. Only because it is an imperative to Afghanistan's future survival and because the Taliban as a group cannot be exstinguished thanks to their aid for hiding in Waziristan in Pakistan. they can just hop the border into there. and the Pakistani's won't do anything about it, unless (and they have) the Taliban opt to attack Islamabad or Karachi, then the Pakistani military might be bothered to do something about it. and NO i do not differentiate between Afghan Taliban and Pakistani Taliban. One is not your friend and the other is your enemy. this is like saying a Swedish Nazi is different from German on. It's nonsense.

and for all i care about these Islamists can go find a ditch and die.

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Guybrush_3

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

Allthishate

Na sorry same religion morons non the less. AGAIN u can make the case the Taliban are not Muslims since they pervert the main msg of Islam for there own means. And FYI we are already blowing them up..

They weren't following the taliban's exact form of islam so they were murdered. I know we are blowing them up, but 1. we're doing a sh*tty job of it. 2. blowing them up is too nice. I want them to burn. I realize that thats not a very christian thing to say, but the number one thing that pisses me off in the world is people using religion (any religion) violently against others.

Allthishate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Allthishate

[QUOTE="Allthishate"][QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

Guybrush_3

I know we are blowing them up, but 1. we're doing a sh*tty job of it. 2. blowing them up is too nice. I want them to burn. I realize that thats not a very christian thing to say, but the number one thing that pisses me off in the world is people using religion (any religion) violently against others.

Again. lol im a Muslim American and i was fully behind the intervention is Afghanistan since the Taliban in my eyes and most of the moderate Muslim world cringe at there "beliefs and interpretation of Islam " which is completely wrong and when judgment time comes they will go to hell for it simple as that. and where doing a **** job of it ??. u need to relies the Afghanistan is the only nation in the world that has not been successfully controlled super powers of many ages tried and failed. they are resilient and miss misguidedly zealous. and dont worry about it " a very christian thing to say" Christians have been bombing and burning for centuries :).

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Guybrush_3

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

[QUOTE="Allthishate"] Na sorry same religion morons non the less. AGAIN u can make the case the Taliban are not Muslims since they pervert the main msg of Islam for there own means. And FYI we are already blowing them up.. Allthishate

I know we are blowing them up, but 1. we're doing a sh*tty job of it. 2. blowing them up is too nice. I want them to burn. I realize that thats not a very christian thing to say, but the number one thing that pisses me off in the world is people using religion (any religion) violently against others.

Again. lol im a Muslim American and i was fully behind the intervention is Afghanistan since the Taliban in my eyes and most of the moderate Muslim world cringe at there "beliefs and interpretation of Islam " which is completely wrong and when judgment time comes they will go to hell for it simple as that. and where doing a **** job of it ??. u need to relies the Afghanistan is the only nation in the world that has not been successfully controlled super powers of many ages tried and failed. they are resilient and miss misguidedly zealous. and dont worry about it " a very christian thing to say" Christians have been bombing and burning for centuries :).

Just because Christians have been burning people forever doesn't mean that it's a christian thing to do. Jesus was without question a pacifist. The only thing he ever got remotely pissed about was people ripping off other people inside the temple. (It makes me wonder if there is a special place in hell for televangelists like Joel Olsteen and Pat Robertson)

rastotm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rastotm
Member since 2011 • 1380 Posts

[QUOTE="rastotm"]

SaudiFury

The United States already is. has anyone NOT seen what downtown Kabul looks like today?

mkafg468.jpg

boys and girls mingling... boys and girls going to school.

for fvck sake, boys and girls unrelated to one another can't talk to each other if your in Saudi still. Not openly.

I'm not saying it's perfect, it's got a LONG LONG way to go. but what your seeing in that pic is and was ONLY possible because of American intervention.

and as much good as the international community is doing, or trying to do. You cannot stop monsters from throwing acid in these little girls faces.

I understand some sort of settlement has to be made between the Afghan government and the Taliban. Only because it is an imperative to Afghanistan's future survival and because the Taliban as a group cannot be exstinguished thanks to their aid for hiding in Waziristan in Pakistan. they can just hop the border into there. and the Pakistani's won't do anything about it, unless (and they have) the Taliban opt to attack Islamabad or Karachi, then the Pakistani military might be bothered to do something about it. and NO i do not differentiate between Afghan Taliban and Pakistani Taliban. One is not your friend and the other is your enemy. this is like saying a Swedish Nazi is different from German on. It's nonsense.

and for all i care about these Islamists can go find a ditch and die.

From my point of view, the Taliban can't be eliminated because it's a extremist group(s). The troublesome aspects about these groups is that attackings or punishing them is confirming their beliefs, which strengthens their grip. I honestly believe that these groups are bound to fade when the avarage citizens norms & values in these nations change, because it that makes it far harder for these groups to recruit people.

And yes, I do realize that we are helping these countries quite a bit already, I was just slightly annoyed to see another tread like these. These events are very cruel, but that is coming from our perspective. It is simply not newsworthy and seemingly the only purpose of these treads is to feed the Islam haters in their dillusional belief that everyone who believes in Islam is a terrorist.

Allthishate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Allthishate

[QUOTE="Allthishate"]

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

Guybrush_3

Just because Christians have been burning people forever doesn't mean that it's a christian thing to do. Jesus was without question a pacifist. The only thing he ever got remotely pissed about was people ripping off other people inside the temple. (It makes me wonder if there is a special place in hell for televangelists like Joel Olsteen and Pat Robertson)

lol ya i know. the point was an indirect jibe at all the anti Islam threads and witch hunt on thees forums. lol at the televangelist
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
Taliban should consider that making babies are also a big sin ......
Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

It's easy to blame Taliban for this act (and it's possible they are indeed responsible for this) but the problem lies in Afghan culture. Remember the video few weeks back when an alleged Talib shot an alleged adulterous women, in the video you could see so many people cheering the killing, now even if the executioner was a Talib, the rest of the people were normal Afghans. Taliban continute to thrive not because they are extremist or because they receive aid or have safe havens in Pakistan (a ridiculous claim) but because they have big support of Afghan people.

SuperKaio-ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SuperKaio-ken
Member since 2012 • 322 Posts

There is nothing the international community can really do sadly. These people are mindless bigots who are brainwashed, hateful and disgusting human beings. The cost of trying to stop them is far too great, and the international community would rather do things that benefit them. Killing these morons just isn't worth the effort and cost.

If the people in these countries are truly tired of being oppressed than they will rise up themselves.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SaudiFury

It's easy to blame Taliban for this act (and it's possible they are indeed responsible for this) but the problem lies in Afghan culture. Remember the video few weeks back when an alleged Talib shot an alleged adulterous women, in the video you could see so many people cheering the killing, now even if the executioner was a Talib, the rest of the people were normal Afghans. Taliban continute to thrive not because they are extremist or because they receive aid or have safe havens in Pakistan (a ridiculous claim) but because they have big support of Afghan people.

Harisemo

how do you differentiate between Taliban and regular Afghans. it's not like the Taliban have a special uniform or something. and no i'm not saying regular Afghans don't/can't possibly support the Taliban. I imagine a lot of them liked the good ol' days of having their daughters remain illiterate in the homes, talking about the glories of Allah, their latest battle with the clan next door, all the while all hopped up on Afghan opium.

EatShanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 EatShanna
Member since 2008 • 875 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQqiuynMwCQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=17s

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
Yep, the fvcking best news to hear when you wake up in the morning. Bravo!...:|
sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

this is an excellent example of why their is no hope for that country.

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts
Place is a hellhole so I'm not surprised.
Omni-Wrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Omni-Wrath
Member since 2008 • 1970 Posts

People always say that Afghan culture is backwards. But did stuff like this really happen there 300-500 years ago? Things are getting progressively worse in that region.

Allthishate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Allthishate

People always say that Afghan culture is backwards. But did stuff like this really happen there 300-500 years ago? Things are getting progressively worse in that region.

Omni-Wrath
Afghanistan is known as grave yard of superpowers sucks them dry.
Allthishate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Allthishate

Omni-Wrath
Afghanistan is known as grave yard of superpowers sucks them dry.
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts
Seriously though, thispisses me off too.... I don't know what else to say about it.
megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts
Sadly, that sounds about right.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

Sounds like a lovely place.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SaudiFury

I gotta share this bit of craziness in my life.

so i have this Muslima friend lets called her K. and mind you i am and so is she currently living in the USA. she's in love with this Afghani guy named Najibi, who for some reason or another has the money to travel back and forth from Kabul to Minnesota at any moment, you never get the whole story and it's always hush hush as to what exactly this Najibi fellow motives are. Nontheless she's in love with him and is being secretive with her family and friends, and it's not like her father and mother won't accept boyfriends, they do, because they've had boyfriends in the past. That's not the issue. the father has asked this Najibi guy to show up and talk to him, and everytime he has refused.

so ok, to the point. She'll in one hand bad mouth Saudi Arabia, a country that she partially grew up in as a very young child for it's treatment of women, and many of her points (not all mind you) i completely agree with and hold no fault to her. But in that SAME breath, will then talk about how Afghanistan is so much better then Saudi Arabia in it's treatment of women. to which i find completely daft, and she obviously has not the slightest clue as to what it's like in Afghanistan or has the slightest clue of the existing very strong social prohibitions placed on women.

Now i'm not saying Saudi Arabia is good to women, not at all. but it is most definently better then a place like Afghanistan.

This is like arguing that Jamaica for all it's poverty is worse then say Haiti's. Both have huge issues relating to it, but to make that comparison is really nuts.

and all i can think of it, and i believe rightly so, she is dazzled by this mysterious Najibi fellow. Who seems to change his story as to why he magically shows up in the USA.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Iraq was a really dumb war, but Afghanistan is totally justified. I mean really, that's just disgusting. It's really hard to fight something like terror groups and extreme islamists, but you can try. My only concern is...what do you do if the troops leave the country? It will probably revert right back to tribal barbarism. I don't trust the afghans to protect their own country.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I gotta share this bit of craziness in my life.

so i have this Muslima friend lets called her K. and mind you i am and so is she currently living in the USA. she's in love with this Afghani guy named Najibi, who for some reason or another has the money to travel back and forth from Kabul to Minnesota at any moment, you never get the whole story and it's always hush hush as to what exactly this Najibi fellow motives are. Nontheless she's in love with him and is being secretive with her family and friends, and it's not like her father and mother won't accept boyfriends, they do, because they've had boyfriends in the past. That's not the issue. the father has asked this Najibi guy to show up and talk to him, and everytime he has refused.

so ok, to the point. She'll in one hand bad mouth Saudi Arabia, a country that she partially grew up in as a very young child for it's treatment of women, and many of her points (not all mind you) i completely agree with and hold no fault to her. But in that SAME breath, will then talk about how Afghanistan is so much better then Saudi Arabia in it's treatment of women. to which i find completely daft, and she obviously has not the slightest clue as to what it's like in Afghanistan or has the slightest clue of the existing very strong social prohibitions placed on women.

Now i'm not saying Saudi Arabia is good to women, not at all. but it is most definently better then a place like Afghanistan.

This is like arguing that Jamaica for all it's poverty is worse then say Haiti's. Both have huge issues relating to it, but to make that comparison is really nuts.

and all i can think of it, and i believe rightly so, she is dazzled by this mysterious Najibi fellow. Who seems to change his story as to why he magically shows up in the USA.

SaudiFury

That's f*cked up, son. He sounds like a shady fellow, and it seems her world view is quite skewed too, or she's lying to stay with him.

GreenPatchSky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GreenPatchSky
Member since 2009 • 439 Posts

must of been some loud music. Kinda jealous. my parties never make the news.

Avatar image for deactivated-58a5e8ead9efe
deactivated-58a5e8ead9efe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 deactivated-58a5e8ead9efe
Member since 2004 • 4706 Posts

And things like this are why I'm perfectly fine with the military using white phosphorous, napalm, and other assorted weapons on these fundamentalist monsters.

ScorpionTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ScorpionTroll
Member since 2012 • 810 Posts

Forget about the ANA and the ANP, arm and train the anti taliban forces. Something tells me they don't play nice.

bigfoot2045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bigfoot2045
Member since 2012 • 732 Posts

The Taliban are a bunch of gay pedophiles (wish I were joking about this) so I guess I'm not surprised they have a problem with men and women mingling in a normal, healthy fashion.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#38 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

Guybrush_3

But if we aren't careful where we drop the napalm, we may accidentally napalm people like the ones who were partying.

TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TopTierHustler
Member since 2012 • 3894 Posts

SaudiFury

Wait for Grayfox.....

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

[QUOTE="SaudiFury"]I await for someone to somehow excuse this behaviour though.

TopTierHustler

Wait for Grayfox.....

or Thegerg, or Nibroc420.

KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
Can't kill a cartoon robot
Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

These Idiots are still around wtf:? ...These guys need to be gathered up along very other idiot in the ME,and have some people go ham on them....Cause of Idiots like this Islam will never be viewed in a good way...