JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

User Lists: 0

#1 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Sorry, it's me with another food topic... I just love food!

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a24113655/taco-bell-test-items-carolina-reapers-quesaritos/

As someone who loves really hot foods and also Taco Bell, I've been dying to try something from them that's actually really hot. Their Ghost Pepper griller wasn't really that hot, and their Diablo sauce is pretty much a joke, so I'm hoping against hope that this Carolina Reaper Quesarito will actually be hot!

Will you try it?

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6847 Posts

Wouldn't get my hopes up on it being all that hot, OP. Still, I may try it. I usually try to avoid Taco Bell due to the quality (excluding breakfast), but sometimes you're out past 2am and they're one of you're 2-3 options.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

@JustPlainLucas: I doubt it. Wendy's had something similar except it was a sauce that was put in a burger or on fries and it wasn't even remotely spicy. I'll believe it is the real deal if I have to sign some sort of liability waiver to order it.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16878 Posts

What the holy hell is a quesarito?!

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#5 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
@crimsonbrute said:

@JustPlainLucas: I doubt it. Wendy's had something similar except it was a sauce that was put in a burger or on fries and it wasn't even remotely spicy. I'll believe it is the real deal if I have to sign some sort of liability waiver to order it.

Yeah, that was the Ghost Pepper Chicken Sandwich, I think. They also did Ghost Pepper fries. Although it was good, it wasn't nearly as hot as ghost peppers should be. I looked at the ingredients in the sauce and it was like 26th down the list, just enough so they could legally call it ghost pepper sauce. So yeah, I'm not expecting this one to be that hot, because I actually I have real Carolina Reaper sauce at home which I put on my Taco Bell now, and I'm starting to build up a tolerance for it.

@hallenbeck77 said:

What the holy hell is a quesarito?!

It's a burrito wrapped in a quesadilla. It's pretty fantastic.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18796 Posts

@shellcase86 said:

I usually try to avoid Taco Bell due to the quality (excluding breakfast), but sometimes you're out past 2am and they're one of you're 2-3 options.

What's so special about they're breakfast?

What are the other options?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

It will be too hot for most, but it won't be unbearably hot like the actual Carolina Reaper is. It's a publicity stunt, words like "Ghost Pepper" and "Carolina Reaper" will draw a lot of people simply because of the name, and so people can say "I tried a Carolina Reaper once!".

No. No you didn't. You tried a really dilute sauce with a small amount of Carolina Reaper in it.

They won't put actual bits of Carolina Reaper in it because it's a lawsuit waiting to happen. "Taco Bell killed my sense of taste!" or "Taco Bell gave me cardiac arrest" or any other number of complications.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#8 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58906 Posts

Wish Taco Bells was more prevalent in the UK.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6847 Posts

@PSP107 said:
@shellcase86 said:

I usually try to avoid Taco Bell due to the quality (excluding breakfast), but sometimes you're out past 2am and they're one of you're 2-3 options.

What's so special about they're breakfast?

What are the other options?

Generally, the food is fresher/better quality. In particular their Crunchwrap AM is underrated as a fest food breakfast item. Also, they have pretty decent coffee.

As far as other options, depends on your area. Generally McDonald's is the other option, but if you leave in a more urban dense area then Steak N Shake, Waffle House, Denny's, and local offerings are open late, too.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Nice and all but I'm doubting it will be true reaper heat! Bummer.