Sylvester Stallone says HGH = to Steroids by some people is Ok ! ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

Ok here is the link if you don't believe me. Not that anyone will act like they didn't know, I mean the man is old and yet is muscular. Arnold can't do it while in Politics but hey Sylvester is a movie actor so he can. He says in this article that men after 40 have no other means of getting muscular again and that HGH is a great thing and that it will be over the counter in 10 years ? WTF ? He also states it has no bad effects ? Notice he is bigger then he's ever been in the past. What is the truth about HGH ? Hmmm. Do we believe this guy ? What are your thoughts ?

Ok so can u tell me what the difference is between steroids and HGH ?

Stallone link to HGH = to Steroids by some people is OK !

Samwel_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Samwel_X
Member since 2006 • 13765 Posts
Well I suppose it can't affect him mentally. That damage is already done.
Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#3 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
That doesn't surprise me.
limitless_rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 limitless_rage
Member since 2006 • 134 Posts
Well the growth hormone you are talking about is not steroids. Not at all. And it is meant for men over 40 who's bodies cannot poduce enough testosterone. Please do not make false accusations.
LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LexLas
Well the growth hormone you are talking about is not steroids. Not at all. And it is meant for men over 40 who's bodies cannot produce enough testosterone. Please do not make false accusations.limitless_rage
Ok so then it's just a small little prescription to make you gain more growth hormone so your muscles can get giant like. Ok got it ! So I guess he thinks Bonds is innocent.
limitless_rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 limitless_rage
I think you are missing the point ... "Sylvester Stallone says Steroids is OK!?" is not at all what Stallone said. HGH is not a steroid. Look it up. Don't make false accusations. Even the article you linked to said "Anyone who calls it a steroid is grossly misinformed". At least read the article before you post.
LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LexLas
I think you are missing the point ... "Sylvester Stallone says Steroids is OK!?" is not at all what Stallone said. HGH is not a steroid. Look it up. Don't make false accusations. Even the article you linked to said "Anyone who calls it a steroid is grossly misinformed". At least read the article before you post.limitless_rage
Yes Stallone is saying those words " Anyone who calls it a steroid is grossly misinformed" his words, he is saying that because people are saying it is steroids. But for you I will change the topic title.
Avatar image for UnknownSniper65
UnknownSniper65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 UnknownSniper65
Member since 2004 • 9238 Posts
HGH isn't a steriod
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

Sylvester Stallone says Steroids is Ok ! ?LexLas

Nowhere in that article does it say that.

Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
HGH is not a steroid.
jkmetalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 jkmetalf
Member since 2005 • 775 Posts

Well I suppose it can't affect him mentally. That damage is already done.Samwel_X

Lol. Honestly, anothre rambo.....

TerraRyzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TerraRyzing
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts

HGH is not steroids, hence why they are referred to seperately. :| So, before you go making absurd claims I suggest you do some research before you say something.

The whole big HGH thing is because baseball players use it to gain advantages. You probably hear that and think HGH is horrible, but it's really not, it's just used by some people in negative ways.

limitless_rage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 limitless_rage

[QUOTE="LexLas"]Sylvester Stallone says Steroids is Ok ! ?Oleg_Huzwog

Nowhere in that article does it say that.

LOL that used to be the topic but the poster changed it because he was grossly misinformed!! AKA still doesn't know what he is talking about.

rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 rimnet00
Member since 2003 • 11003 Posts

I am pro-HGH myself. It's natural and safe if administered correctly.

The only reason it is such a hot topic is because it throws off baseball stats. Since baseball is heavy on stats, and essentiall a stats-based game, many fans are upset about it. Other then this, it should be legal, and in fact, I would be down to buy it.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Oleg_Huzwog

LOL that used to be the topic but the poster changed it because he was grossly misinformed!! AKA still doesn't know what he is talking about.

limitless_rage

The new title isn't much better, either.

"Sylvester Stallone says HGH = to Steroids by some people is Ok ! ?"

I'll assume he forgot a few key commas or parantheses and is trying to mask his ignorance by claiming he's not the only one who thinks Human Growth Hormones is just a fancy way of saying "steroids".

bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 bman784
Member since 2004 • 6755 Posts
If steroids compel him to make more pathetic remakes of his old films, then so be it. I will continue not watching them.
Avatar image for deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 deactivated-583e5f64e0a7e
Member since 2003 • 8419 Posts

If steroids compel him to make more pathetic remakes of his old films, then so be it. I will continue not watching them.bman784

I, for one, would wait in line for hours to see Tango & Cash 2.

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
Sly kicks more ass everytime I read about him. It's not steroids and it's not like he's in a competition. He's literally taking this for our entertainment so we can enjoy the new Rambo film (and Rocky films). He's the man.
rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rimnet00

If steroids compel him to make more pathetic remakes of his old films, then so be it. I will continue not watching them.bman784

Sylvester Stallone says he used human growth hormone to get buff for the new "Rambo" movie, and defends its use. "HGH (human growth hormone) is nothing," the 61-year-old actor tells Time magazine in its Feb. 4 issue. "Anyone who calls it a steroid is grossly misinformed."

Solid_Cobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Solid_Cobra
Member since 2006 • 757 Posts
who cares if Sly takes HGH. We are talking about an actor, not an athelete. If he has to cheat to keep his Rambo physique at age 60, then fine.
Avatar image for Manly-manly-man
Manly-manly-man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Manly-manly-man
Member since 2006 • 3477 Posts
Human Growth Hormone is not a steroid.
D9-THC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 D9-THC
Member since 2007 • 3081 Posts

If that's what he chooses to do with his body he has the right...

It is still America.

Avatar image for UrbanSpartan125
UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 UrbanSpartan125
Member since 2006 • 3684 Posts
HGH is basically steroids. Human Growth Hormones help increase protein synthesis which is not bad, but it has bad side effects, like steroids it causes extreme agression and may contribute to diabetes. I dont believe people should be using HGH for mass building purposes because it is supplementing an unnecessary amount of growth hormones to your body.
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Oleg_Huzwog

If that's what he chooses to do with his body he has the right...

It is still America.

D9-THC

but... but... won't someone PLEASE think of the children? :cry:

Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Funkyhamster
Member since 2005 • 17366 Posts
Wha?
rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rimnet00

HGH is basically steroids. Human Growth Hormones help increase protein synthesis which is not bad, but it has bad side effects, like steroids it causes extreme agression and may contribute to diabetes. I dont believe people should be using HGH for mass building purposes because it is supplementing an unnecessary amount of growth hormones to your body.UrbanSpartan125

What the hell... it is nothing like steroids. HGH is completely safe unless administered incorrectly. As for causing "extreme agression adn contributing ot diabetes", what study are you getting that information from - as it is incorrect. Those who take HGH do so in order to replenish what they lost through aging.

TerraRyzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TerraRyzing

HGH is basically steroids. Human Growth Hormones help increase protein synthesis which is not bad, but it has bad side effects, like steroids it causes extreme agression and may contribute to diabetes. I dont believe people should be using HGH for mass building purposes because it is supplementing an unnecessary amount of growth hormones to your body.UrbanSpartan125

Uh, no.

Feel free to try again though.

UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 UrbanSpartan125

[QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"]HGH is basically steroids. Human Growth Hormones help increase protein synthesis which is not bad, but it has bad side effects, like steroids it causes extreme agression and may contribute to diabetes. I dont believe people should be using HGH for mass building purposes because it is supplementing an unnecessary amount of growth hormones to your body.rimnet00

What the hell... it is nothing like steroids. HGH is completely safe unless administered incorrectly. As for causing "extreme agression adn contributing ot diabetes", what study are you getting that information from - as it is incorrect.

It is very much like steroids, It increases muscle hypertrophy and a insane rate, you are supplementing hormones already produced in your body for an uneccesary amount. HGH has the same effects as steroids at nearly the same rate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HGH_controversies

I have been lifting weights for many years, and i would never consider using HGH because of the side effects and i think it is basically cheating. You get muscle mass with little effort, i know people would like that but its not natural. The only reason i got to bench 415 lbs was through hard work, not using HGH.

D9-THC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 D9-THC

[QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"]HGH is basically steroids. Human Growth Hormones help increase protein synthesis which is not bad, but it has bad side effects, like steroids it causes extreme agression and may contribute to diabetes. I dont believe people should be using HGH for mass building purposes because it is supplementing an unnecessary amount of growth hormones to your body.TerraRyzing

Uh, no.

This is a political issue...

Therefore nobody is right unless he supports his opinion.

rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rimnet00
[QUOTE="rimnet00"]

[QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"]HGH is basically steroids. Human Growth Hormones help increase protein synthesis which is not bad, but it has bad side effects, like steroids it causes extreme agression and may contribute to diabetes. I dont believe people should be using HGH for mass building purposes because it is supplementing an unnecessary amount of growth hormones to your body.UrbanSpartan125

What the hell... it is nothing like steroids. HGH is completely safe unless administered incorrectly. As for causing "extreme agression adn contributing ot diabetes", what study are you getting that information from - as it is incorrect.

It is very much like steroids, It increases muscle hypertrophy and a insane rate, you are supplementing hormones already produced in your body for an uneccesary amount. HGH has the same effects as steroids at nearly the same rate.

Do you even know what you are saying? Drinking whey protein increases muscle hypertrophy too, and so does lifting weights. So is drinking a protein shake the same as taking steroids too?

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Oleg_Huzwog

I have been lifting weights for many years, and i would never consider using HGH because of the side effects and i think it is basically cheating. You get muscle mass with little effort, i know people would like that but its not natural. The only reason i got to bench 415 lbs was through hard work, not using HGH.

UrbanSpartan125

I don't see anything in that wiki article that supports your previous claim of HGH-driven 'roid rage.

UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 UrbanSpartan125
[QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"][QUOTE="rimnet00"]

[QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"]HGH is basically steroids. Human Growth Hormones help increase protein synthesis which is not bad, but it has bad side effects, like steroids it causes extreme agression and may contribute to diabetes. I dont believe people should be using HGH for mass building purposes because it is supplementing an unnecessary amount of growth hormones to your body.rimnet00

What the hell... it is nothinglike steroids. HGH is completely safe unless administered incorrectly. As for causing "extreme agression adn contributing ot diabetes", what study are you getting that information from - as it is incorrect.

Do you even know what you are saying? Drinking whey protein increases muscle hypertrophy too, and so does lifting weights. So is drinking a protein shake the same as taking steroids too?

Yes drinking protein shakes increase muscle hypertrophy, but not nearly at the same rate. It can take up to six weeks to see noticeable results from regular whey protein, but with HGH you may see these gains in about a week, it has nearly the same effect as steroids therefore i dont support the use of it period.
UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 UrbanSpartan125
[QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"]It is very much like steroids, It increases muscle hypertrophy and a insane rate, you are supplementing hormones already produced in your body for an uneccesary amount. HGH has the same effects as steroids at nearly the same rate.

Oleg_Huzwog

I don't see anything in that wiki article that supports your previous claim of HGH-driven 'roid rage.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/celebritology/

Third paragraph

rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 rimnet00
[QUOTE="rimnet00"][QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"][QUOTE="rimnet00"]

[QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"]HGH is basically steroids. Human Growth Hormones help increase protein synthesis which is not bad, but it has bad side effects, like steroids it causes extreme agression and may contribute to diabetes. I dont believe people should be using HGH for mass building purposes because it is supplementing an unnecessary amount of growth hormones to your body.UrbanSpartan125

What the hell... it is nothinglike steroids. HGH is completely safe unless administered incorrectly. As for causing "extreme agression adn contributing ot diabetes", what study are you getting that information from - as it is incorrect.

Yes drinking protein shakes increase muscle hypertrophy, but not nearly at the same rate. It can take up to six weeks to see noticeable results from regular weigh protein, but with HGH you may see these gains in about a week, it has nearly the same effect as steroids therefore i dont support the use of it period.

At the age of 16, whey protein is going to yield a higher rate of muscle hypertrophy in comparision to taking HGH injections. HGH is used by older athletes who have lost natural HGH through the process of aging. It is no different then older folk having to take fiber supplements, or other vitamins to offset the effects of aging. Should those be illegalized too?

Oh noes, grandpa is using a oxygen tank! It's unnatural!

edit: I suggest consulting some articles that source actual medical studies, instead of basing your opinion on random google searchs.

rockon1215

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rockon1215
Member since 2007 • 1665 Posts
HGH is safe and legal by prescription, but is banned in sports because it gives an 'unfair advantage'
TerraRyzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TerraRyzing
[QUOTE="TerraRyzing"]

[QUOTE="UrbanSpartan125"]HGH is basically steroids. Human Growth Hormones help increase protein synthesis which is not bad, but it has bad side effects, like steroids it causes extreme agression and may contribute to diabetes. I dont believe people should be using HGH for mass building purposes because it is supplementing an unnecessary amount of growth hormones to your body.D9-THC

Uh, no.

This is a political issue...

Therefore nobody is right unless he supports his opinion.

Uh, no..

They are not the same thing. You debate political issues because there is conflicting sides. There are no conflicting sides to this, they've been established as different substances even though they have similarities.

notconspiracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 notconspiracy
Member since 2007 • 2225 Posts
holy ****, he's 61?
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts
Oh my god no, how will I ever live with the fact that Stallone used Steroids:| Big deal.
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Film-Guy

[QUOTE="Samwel_X"]Well I suppose it can't affect him mentally. That damage is already done.jkmetalf

Have you seen it? If not then kindly be quiet.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Film-Guy

I doubt he just used the drugs to get the muscles.

D9-THC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 D9-THC

There are no conflicting sides to this

TerraRyzing

That's why this thread exists...

hikari33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hikari33
Member since 2005 • 753 Posts
TC is just being a dum troll
jesseandnikki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#44 jesseandnikki
Member since 2004 • 4834 Posts

Well I suppose it can't affect him mentally. That damage is already done.Samwel_X

A lot of people think Stallone is stupid because of his Rocky character, but if you ever listened to him talk you'd know he's quite intelligent. He's even an artist. You should see some of his paintings. You fail.

jkmetalf

Honestly, it held it's own. If you weren't so quick to judge like every other narrow-minded moviegoer out there you might find an entertaining action movie.

They're not remakes...you also fail.

holy ****, he's 61?notconspiracy

Exactly, and he still kicks ***!

wemhim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 wemhim
Member since 2005 • 16110 Posts
Meh, he's 61. Whatever side effects they(HGH) have, most 61 year olds probably have more side effects after they break their hip.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

It's all about molecular structure, folks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steroid

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_hormone

Not a steroid. That's a fact.

It's not a steroid. It's not "basically a steroid".

I don't care what it does or what its effects are. Steroids are "this", and HGH is "that". End of story.