DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 5347 Posts

Does anyone else have a hard time believing that Henry Cavill is a gamer? That's just public relations imo. He's way too busy to be playing videogames and beating 100 hour games.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 9915 Posts

It's not that surprising. Successful, busy and rich men also have their hobbies to which they resort during their limited free time or off season.

It's just annoying how everyone has gone mad about the fact like they're screaming "hey this handsome and successful person is a gamer like us, see gaming is not for losers".

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39279 Posts

Why not?

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DEVILinIRON

@MonsieurX: He's too busy pumping iron and reading scripts. Its like when I read an interview of the beautiful Arianny Celeste (UFC ring girl) in which she said she loves guys who play videogames.

Horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 122031 Posts

@DEVILinIRON said:

@MonsieurX: He's too busy pumping iron and reading scripts. Its like when I read an interview of the beautiful Arianny Celeste (UFC ring girl) in which she said she loves guys who play videogames.

You need a lot of rest when you are pumping iron.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 37052 Posts

I mean, you could see it cynically yea, the viral power of the internet.

On the other hand, you don't need to be a basement dweller with Doritos cheese in his greasy arm-pits to enjoy games. It's not 1992 anymore, it's quite an open platform many people enjoy.

And he is at that perfect age when people were pc gaming, long before becoming buff chin-man.

I do love how he effectively told the hip young 20 something console gamer to "get fucked".

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 45400 Posts

@DEVILinIRON said:

Does anyone else have a hard time believing that Henry Cavill is a gamer? That's just public relations imo. He's way too busy to be playing videogames and beating 100 hour games.

*ahem*

He is not just a gamer...

...he is a PC gamer.

I mean, the guy grew up having LAN parties and playing Half-Life, and he plays Total War: Warhammer 2, which is pretty hardcore if you ask me, or at the very least fairly niche.

Loading Video...

@horgen said:
@DEVILinIRON said:

You need a lot of rest when you are pumping iron.

This is true. If you're constantly lifting weights with no recovery time, you're not only being incredibly inefficient, but you are risking your health. Muscle growth only occurs when the microtears you get from lifting weights have a chance to heal.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mrbojangles25

@johnd13 said:

It's not that surprising. Successful, busy and rich men also have their hobbies to which they resort during their limited free time or off season.

It's just annoying how everyone has gone mad about the fact like they're screaming "hey this handsome and successful person is a gamer like us, see gaming is not for losers".

He is also famously single, or at least unmarried. It's really incredible how much free time (and money) you have when you're a bachelor and don't have the ol' ball-and-chain :P

I guess the surprised people of the world don't know about this lovely feature in most games called a "save game" that allows you to invest a mere handful of minutes in a game and not lose your progress, so you can play the game incrementally. You don't need to sit down for 20 hours to play a game...

I mean the guy plays the Mortal Empire campaign on Warhammer 2 TW, that takes dozens of hours each time, and he has done it six times. I think if he was faking it for publicity he would have mentioned a less niche, more casual game like Far Cry or something, not a god damn empire-building game where you command thousands of units in real-time battles based on a hardcore tabletop figurine game.

phbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#9 phbz
Member since 2009 • 4895 Posts

Everyone knows that videogames don't exist in Krypton.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DEVILinIRON

I still don't believe this to be true. Some person in the background coached him just so he could be cool to the target demographic. The dude acts all day, pumps iron, reads scripts, gets massages, and then probably bangs the holy hell out of his chosen sexual partner(s). I just can't picture him getting up from his sexpot(s) to play computer games. But color me wrong. I've been wrong before. Hahahaha

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 168173 Posts

Famous people have hobbies as well. Not hard to believe at all.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 24974 Posts

A PC gamer that also happens to be good looking? Suddenly other gamers call foul.

Actors are people too you know, they like videogames. Gamers with good taste enjoy PC gaming too.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DEVILinIRON

@Willy105: I'm a gamer (PC/PS4) and I'm devastatingly handsome. I'm just saying his work schedule is tight. It's hard to believe he has time to play a 100+ hour game two and a half times. Why would someone play video games to escape scutiny (as he says). Humbug, I say. By stating he's a gamer he is inviting scrutiny, not escaping it. He should start a twitch(er) account. I'd totally subscribe.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#14 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 5384 Posts

@DEVILinIRON:

Plenty of celebrities have downtime and it's not like he works every day like the average person. So I don't have a hard time believing that he plays videogames. I remember some bands talking about it too when they're out on tour, they had nothing better to do than smoke mj and play videogames.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 5806 Posts

@horgen: Arnold only got 5 hours of sleep a day in his prime, and he was the best bodybuolder of all time.

Horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 122031 Posts

@vfighter said:

@horgen: Arnold only got 5 hours of sleep a day in his prime, and he was the best bodybuolder of all time.

Rather uncommon.

Lots of sleep is important for the body to recover.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#17 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 79707 Posts

You can be a gamer and be too busy to play games. If he plays games in any free time he gets, he's a gamer.

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 428 Posts

Doesn't take a lot of time or effort to play a video game so I wouldn't say it isn't outside the realm of possibilities.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mrbojangles25

@Willy105 said:

A PC gamer that also happens to be good looking? Suddenly other gamers call foul.

Actors are people too you know, they like videogames. Gamers with good taste enjoy PC gaming too.

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@DEVILinIRON:

Plenty of celebrities have downtime and it's not like he works every day like the average person. So I don't have a hard time believing that he plays videogames. I remember some bands talking about it too when they're out on tour, they had nothing better to do than smoke mj and play videogames.

If I woke up wealthy tomorrow (as wealthy as Cavill), the first five things I would do would be:

• Buy a home
  • Purchase gym equipment for my home
  • Hire a personal trainer and workout two hours per day
  • Hire a personal chef to cook healthy meals
  • Play video games.

I don't say that in light of Cavill, either, that's just my "if I won the lotto" list. I think if I lived that way I could look (or at least be in as good a shape) as Henry Cavill. He and I have the same frame and I'm two inches taller, I'm just fat lol.

I could also easily do all that in addition to work my 50-hour per week job, too. So as others have said, it's not entirely unreasonable to think he plays games. I am sure actors also have weekends as well, days where they can do marathon sessions of gaming.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#20  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 26983 Posts

@johnd13 said:

I wonder what percentage of people are gamers in the USA. But I imagine the percentage to be pretty high. Like 20%, if not higher, if we set a reasonably strict threshold for someone to be considered a gamer.

That stereotype perpetuated by our games media is I think becoming a little unlikely.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 9915 Posts

@KungfuKitten said:
@johnd13 said:

I wonder what percentage of people are gamers in the USA. But I imagine the percentage to be pretty high. Like 20%, if not higher, if we set a reasonably strict threshold for someone to be considered a gamer.

That stereotype perpetuated by our games media is I think becoming a little unlikely.

Yeah gaming has grown A LOT as an entertainment media and it will keep growing. It's no longer a pastime of basement dwellers (frankly it probably never was, stereotypes aside). So it's distasteful when games media themselves keep treating it like so. But I guess they got to produce their clickbaity content.

Ovirew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#22 Ovirew
Member since 2008 • 9308 Posts

I've heard comments from Cavill in the past about enjoying video games. I don't really see why not to take his comments at face-value.

Of all the things people could be lying about or lobbying for in the world, my focus is really not on whether or not Henry Cavill plays video games.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 213

#23  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 14032 Posts

This whole "fake gamer" thing is getting boring. Reality check: There are at least a billion people on the planet who play video games. It's not some exclusive club. Gaming is a mainstream hobby that almost anyone can play, whether casual or hardcore.

But to be fair, this is one of the few instances where I've seen the "fake gamer" tag used against a dude. Most of the time, the "fake gamer" label is almost exclusively targeted against women.