Stallone Wants Rambo 5 But Will His Body Hold Up?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

I would love to see one last Rambo with Stallone. :D

Stallone wants Rambo 5 but will his body hold up?

rambo1-940x400.jpg

Like a trailer-park shower, Sylvester Stallone goes hot and cold on a fifth Rambo.

Shortly after the release of 2008s Rambo, Sly had suggested Rambo 5 was inching closer to a Nikon (there were even sales posters for the film doing the rounds at the various film markets around the world; whether or not that was the production company trying to interest buyers to snap up pre-sales for a film Sly wasnt even officially attached to at that stage, I dont know), but he seemingly cooled on the idea shortly after. The main reason for the reluctance seems to be the absence of a good, fitting story (one idea had Rambo taking on some sort of Predator-esque figure in the jungle; another had him taking on a Mexican drug cartel.) But in recent times, the 66-year-old has also suggested he might be too old to bring back the muscly war vet.

With the resurgence in all these real men, real muscle action movies of late, most notably The Expendables franchise, but also the dozen or so projects Arnold Schwarzenegger has coming out, there seems to be renewed interest in Rambo again.

While Stallone isnt saying for sure that John Rambo will make one final reappearance on the big screen, the mans comments of late do suggest a reprise could be in the cards again.
Back in May, the actor toldMTV Newsthat hed like the character to go out in a Blaze of Glory.

I know there is [another story to tell]. Its one thing where you lay down the final culmination of your life where you can articulate it, but also act on it where [Rambo] realizes what his destiny really is. Its not to be a farmer, its not to be obscure; its to go out in a blaze of glory in a heroic fashion. But is he really doing it for himself or is he doing it because thats just his id? Thats who he is.

At the time, Sly suggested the idea of Rambo going knife-to-knife with Mexican crime gangs was still of interest. A scenario in Mexico seems to be a good bet, since the setting whisper has cropped up numerous times over the years.

This week, while in Rome, Stallone told reporters that Rambo 5 might happen if his body agrees to it.

If my damn body holds up, itll be really good,Digital Spyquoted Stallone. Otherwise it wont be Rambo fighting, itll be Rambo fighting arthritis, Stallone joked.

If Rambo 5 comes to fruition, its likely itll encompass an epic, highly-emotional conclusion to the plight of the character (much like Rocky Balboa did its main character) as Stallones Blaze of Glory comments suggestion. I do wonder Sly has said before he wants Rambo to go home, but is home for Rambo the peace and tranquility of the family homestead, or is it the action-mans Valhalla in the sky? Whatever the case, I do hope that final scenes hints at Rambo finally getting the time-out hes been owed for years now.

Branmuffin316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Branmuffin316
Member since 2009 • 1208 Posts

I would love to see it, but I want it to be more in line with First Blood than Rambo.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

I think stallone is reaching his limit, I also think he is one tough SOB...my god watch the expenables making of film its insane the injuries he went through on that film including torn ligimates he refused to have surgically fixed till after shooting was done because the surgery would have made it impossible to do the stunts.

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

2008 Rambo was excellent I thought. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
Eh only thing good about that rank 2008 movie was the .50 Cal scene and that's it.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178887 Posts

He needs to stop. Just watched Expendables on Netflix and he wasn't much of an actor...not that he ever was...be he's passed it now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

bullet-to-the-head-sylvester-stallone_51

Looks better than Arnie does that's for sure.

Tropicalshower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Tropicalshower
Member since 2009 • 10813 Posts

bullet-to-the-head-sylvester-stallone_51

Looks better than Arnie does that's for sure.

Aljosa23
Most people look better than Arnie. :p
jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts

Some day all those steroids will catch up with him.

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chilly-chill

He's in his 60's and he has a better body than most here. GS need step your life game up..

Postal_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Postal_Guy
Member since 2006 • 2643 Posts

Eh only thing good about that rank 2008 movie was the .50 Cal scene and that's it. chilly-chill

^ this. the rest of the movie was pretty mediocre.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

Hey, he's not toning down until I see Rocky VII: Adrian's Revenge.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178887 Posts

He's in his 60's and he has a better body than most here. GS need step your life game up..

chilly-chill
Plastic surgery can help with that....
chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chilly-chill
[QUOTE="chilly-chill"]

LJS9502_basic
Plastic surgery can help with that....

Here You might be right, but at least he puts the work in.
flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

Eh only thing good about that rank 2008 movie was the .50 Cal scene and that's it. chilly-chill

Thats like saying the only good thing about the Avengers was the action scenes...(Snap! Not a good argument because that's true)

bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bnarmz
Member since 2012 • 1372 Posts
It probably can be done, but damn, why can't he come up with a different kind of action flick? Why does he feel the need to always be the ultimate kick ass. I'll rather see him do something more subtle. After "Cop land" it was very hard for me to see him in adrenaline filled action roles again.