Spiderman Homecoming and Far from home sucks.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By deactivated-5d8cc56f960a5
Member since 2018 • 557 Posts

So does Andrew Garfield Two Spidermans.None latest spidey movies got heart and good feeling like Tobey Maguires Spiderman 1 and 2.

Only Tom Holland is saving grace.Even the antagonists suck, none like Goblin or Doc Oc.

Well?

Discuss.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I haven't seen Far From Home yet but I agree. Raimi's Spiderman movies (except 3) are still the best.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@carljohnsoncj: im more into the latest spider man than older ones, mainly because the newer movies have the grander scale of being apart of the MCU universe.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@carljohnsoncj: They dont suck, I still like the first two Toby Spidey movies over the newer ones, but Tom Holland is a perfect Spiderman and Peter Parker, and his two movies are really good. Garfields movies...ehhh, didn't like them and he was by far the worst actor to portray Spiderman.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

For me...

1. Into the Spider-verse. Not only the best Spider-Man movie, but the best superhero movie, period.
  2. Homecoming. Ranks right up there.
  3. Spider-Man 2. Best of the Raimi trilogy.
  4. Spider-Man 3 . Crappy dance scene aside, it's not as bad as a lot of people make it to be.
  5. Spider-Man. Might have been #4 if not for the godawful Green Goblin design and Willem Dafoe hamming it up.
  6. Amazing Spider-Man. I've seen it twice, and still can't remember ANYTHING from it. Not the sign of a good--or even decent--film.
  7. ASM 2. Straight-up hot garbage all around. Paul Giamatti's talent was wasted, way too many villains in general, could care less about the whole Peter Parker's parents sub-plot... I wish THIS was the Spider-Man movie I could forget.

Haven't seen Far from Home yet.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

Tobey Maguires' Spiderman movies are still the best Spiderman movies.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

I have not seen Far From Home yet but I disagree. Homecoming is my favorite live-action Spider-Man and Tom Holland is the best Spider-Man.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

Early 90's Spider-Man cartoon (I know, not a movie, but still the best representation of Spider-Man in my eyes.)

Spider-Man Homecoming

Spider-Man 2

Spider-Man

Amazing Spider-Man

Amazing Spider-Man 2

Spider-Man 3 (Who the hell thought Eric Foreman would make a good Venom?)

Maguire was a better Peter than Garfield. Peter was never an emo skater.

Garfield was a better Spider-Man than Maguire. Maguire sucked at delivering Spidey's jokes and taunts.

Holland is the complete package. Nails Spidey's jokes and Peter's scientific wonder while actually looking and acting like a real high school kid.

Haven't seen Spider-Verse or Far From Home yet.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#9 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Haven't seen Far From Home yet, but I absolutely loved Homecoming. I thought it was a great new take on Spider-Man and adored Tom Holland. I still am partial to Toby Maguire though. My only issue with Homecoming is that Peter leant FAR too much on Stark for his suit. Peter didn't need Stark; he's genius enough as it is.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

@heathen75: Into the Spider-verse is on Netflix--see it ASAP.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

@hallenbeck77: Probably this weekend. Waiting till me and my son both have a day off. Not a big fan of the Spider-Verse though after the comic event a few years ago.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

I knew spiderman 1-2 were way better than homecoming I heard far from home is better than homecoming but I just don't think its gonna match 1 and 2 im gonna see it friday tho

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#13 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts
@ProtossRushX said:

I knew spiderman 1-2 were way better than homecoming I heard far from home is better than homecoming but I just don't think its gonna match 1 and 2 im gonna see it friday tho

Be surprised if 2 ever gets topped, such a great movie.

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

Haven't seen Far From Home yet, but yeah I highly doubt anything else will ever top Spiderman 2 or Into the Spiderverse.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

I really like the latest Spider-Man movies as much as the first 2 Maguire movies, maybe even more so, surprising since I'm old-school Spider-Man fan from the 1970's, but I am open-minded, and I thought the latest movie was particularly good. As others have said Spider-verse is the best IMO.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

I would have been particularly disappointed if Mysterio was a good guy (and didn't go crazy with illusions, his forte) throughout this movie. I like my Mysterio as a Spider-Man arch-villain. Didn't like Gylenhal playing him at first, but once he revealed his scheme I thought he did a great job. Sure hope Mysterio isn't dead!

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

I have yet to see Far From Home, but personally I think that Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone had amazing chemistry, better than any other Spidey/leading lady combo of any of the Spider-man movies. The villains were pretty dumb though.

I thought that the villain reveal in Homecoming was pretty brilliant, and the bits between RDJ and Tom Holland were really good, and couple of the action scenes were great as well. The movie itself though felt very short, and small scale (yes the scale was intentional) which made it feel incomplete. What we got was good, but it's like it was missing an act or something.

Spiderman 1 and 2 from Sam Raimi had the best villains (I've never seen 3) as they felt like a comic book. Spiderman though was perhaps the worst of the bunch, he had very little wit or humor which I think came down to Tobey Maguire just being too mellow for the role.

All in all there's no clear winner in my mind.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@Serraph105 said:

I have yet to see Far From Home, but personally I think that Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone had amazing chemistry, better than any other Spidey/leading lady combo of any of the Spider-man movies. The villains were pretty dumb though.

I thought that the villain reveal in Homecoming was pretty brilliant, and the bits between RDJ and Tom Holland were really good, and couple of the action scenes were great as well. The movie itself though felt very short, and small scale (yes the scale was intentional) which made it feel incomplete. What we got was good, but it's like it was missing an act or something.

Spiderman 1 and 2 from Sam Raimi had the best villains (I've never seen 3) as they felt like a comic book. Spiderman though was perhaps the worst of the bunch, he had very little wit or humor which I think came down to Tobey Maguire just being too mellow for the role.

All in all there's no clear winner in my mind.

I agree with Garfield/Stone I liked that combo Basically the 2nd movie was a retelling of classic Amazing Spider-man #121 and #122. Yeah I'd say Mcguire had the look but agreed about him being a little too mellow. Dunst was miscast, even though the current MJ doesn't have the long red hair and always "on the go" of the original comic book MJ, she has the cool and savvy that I'd expect from MJ. Tom Holland was annoying to me at first, but I had to realize Parker is supposed to be in high school with high school friends. Also, I needed to get out of my mental set of old-school Spidey...........this isn't 1963 anymore, Spidey can't be acting like thats where he's at. I understand what they were trying with Flash in the new movies, but they should have stuck with him being an actual physical bully, though keeping him as Spideys biggest fan (which he pretty much was in the comic). All in all Holland has grown on me, I think he does a good job, better than Maguire but not quite Garfield.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts
@carljohnsoncj said:

So does Andrew Garfield Two Spidermans.None latest spidey movies got heart and good feeling like Tobey Maguires Spiderman 1 and 2.

Only Tom Holland is saving grace.Even the antagonists suck, none like Goblin or Doc Oc.

Well?

Discuss.

Tom holland isn't that great either i prefer the 90's animated cartoon the best, and tobey maguire as peter parker/spiderman for the movies.

I agree that far from home had the worst villain I still can't remember what his plan was to pretend to be super hero and kill anyone that knows about him.