Sooo is anyone looking forward to seeing Captain Marvel this weekend despite the controversy by Brie Larson?

• 119 results
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50494 Posts

Nah, I'll wait for BD and buy it used for ten bucks lol

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

maybe Marvel fans are just waking up to the fact that Marvel movies are crap and there is no controversy

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#103 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@nepu7supastar7: the movie was bland, and generic! Deal with it!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#104 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 55896 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@nepu7supastar7: the movie was bland, and generic! Deal with it!

It certainly was generic. Nothing really groundbreaking either, nothing to write home about.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 jaydan  Online
Member since 2015 • 8360 Posts
@with_teeth26 said:

maybe Marvel fans are just waking up to the fact that Marvel movies are crap and there is no controversy

Lol you wish.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#106 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts
@jaydan said:
@with_teeth26 said:

Lol you wish.

yes! 100%

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#107 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9774 Posts

@N30F3N1X: She said that she didnt care "What 40 year old white males" thought about A Wrinkle In Time because it wasn't made for them. She handpicked journalists to interview her because previously the majority had been white. She tweeted about an intern asking for her phone number after she smiled at him, and shamed him.

She's a militant feminist -which is fine- but she's suffering because those people she seems to be so angry at are also potentially her biggest money maker, and the 40-year-old white dude is tired and has had enough of being berated, derided and discounted to the point where it is becoming a thing in Hollywood where masculinity has become a four-letter word.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43988 Posts

Don’t know if I’ll see it this weekend but I’m definitely looking forward to seeing it.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 DaVillain  Moderator

@Archangel3371 said:

Don’t know if I’ll see it this weekend but I’m definitely looking forward to seeing it.

If you enjoy just about all the Marvel origin characters, you'll love this one especially this movie is set in the 90's.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 43988 Posts

@davillain-: Cool. Yeah it sounds like I should enjoy it then.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#111  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19374 Posts

@sealionact: The money part isn't true, at least not anymore. Hollywood's biggest money makers these days are overseas markets, particularly Asian markets. And even within the US, minority and female audiences are collectively bigger than white male audiences. So while white male audiences are still a big part of the audience, they're not the most important audience anymore, but are among several other important audiences. That's why Hollywood is embracing diversity nowadays, because appealing to the widest possible demographics could potentially translate into more money.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

That's why I like dc comics because I don't know much about Marvel comics. I do like x-Men better than marvel. I don't see many people talking about x-Men movies even tho they are apart of Marvel.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 FireEmblem_Man
@watercrack445 said:

That's why I like dc comics because I don't know much about Marvel comics. I do like x-Men better than marvel. I don't see many people talking about x-Men movies even tho they are apart of Marvel.

Because the X-Men franchise were licensed by 21st Century Fox. Therefore, Fox has full control of the X-Men Movie Universe.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 DaVillain  Moderator

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@watercrack445 said:

Because the X-Men franchise were licensed by 21st Century Fox. Therefore, Fox has full control of the X-Men Movie Universe.

Once Dark Phoenix release, that will be the very last of 21st Century Fox of the X-Men franchise.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#115 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19374 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@watercrack445 said:

Apparently, I've heard Marvel is trying to devalue the X-Men brand so they can buy it back for cheap. That's one reason given for why the X-Men didn't appear in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 FireEmblem_Man
@Jag85 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@watercrack445 said:

Apparently, I've heard Marvel is trying to devalue the X-Men brand so they can buy it back for cheap. That's one reason given for why the X-Men didn't appear in Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite.

IMO, it was a shitty move on Marvel's part. Are they still gonna release New Mutants? That's still a Fox made X-Men spin-off film

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 FireEmblem_Man
@davillain- said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@watercrack445 said:

Once Dark Phoenix release, that will be the very last of 21st Century Fox of the X-Men franchise.

What about New Mutants?

Avatar image for deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 deactivated-5de67c4d9cb12
Member since 2019 • 392 Posts
@davillain- said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@watercrack445 said:

thank god

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 FireEmblem_Man

@davillain-: So, now that X-Men will finally be in the MCU, will we finally see Rogue steal Captain Marvel's power? Without the photon blast

Loading Video...