Some old man yelled at me while I was driving...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

QuinnIvory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 QuinnIvory
Member since 2011 • 65 Posts

-He yelled at me for not stopping at a stop sign. There was a stop sign in front of me and in front of the old man. It wasn't a 4 way intersection or anything. It was just a 3 way place. With the other lane going the opposite direction of me obviously. And another one to my right. The guy stopped, I just kept going cause I knew there weren't any other cars in my way. And then the old dude rolled down the windows and yelled at me. I was gonna flip him off but I decided to be nice instead and just drove off cussing at him in my head.

-Seriously...what's his problem? If he was in danger of getting hit by me, then he has every right to yell at me. But he was in no danger at all. It was just me and him in the lanes. Maybe he's just obsessed with safe driving. Screw him. Next time I see him, I'll get out of my car and flip him off. Or maybe I should just yell back telling him to stop driving like a turtle lol.

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts
Blog this.....
QuinnIvory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 QuinnIvory

Now, If I see multiple cars in the lanes, then I stop at stop signs. If it's just me and some other guy in the opposite lane, then I keep going cause there's no point of stopping. I've done this many many times...and the funny thing is, I've never been caught by the cops. I know what I'm doing. I don't just do things without knowing it.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Nice blog?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts
You have to stop at stop signs.....every time.
QuinnIvory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 QuinnIvory

Blog this.....kris9031998

No...there's no point. Think about it. I'm a new user. I don't know anyone on this site. Do you think people would come to my page and read my blog? I have no followers. So there's no point in blogging. It's just a waste of time.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts
You have to stop at stop signs.....every time.LJS9502_basic
yup you gotta do this. Especially since you won't always see the other cars.
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

I just kept going cause I knew there weren't any other cars in my way.

QuinnIvory

And here kids we see a classic scenario that leads to accidents.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

This is the second time I've agreed with something you posted today, I dunno if there's a full moon out or what.

Idve still flicked the guy off, though, anyone who yells at me while driving typically gets the finger. If I were in his position I wouldn't have yelled, Idve flicked you (TC) off, yelling is so unnecessary.

Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts
It's not a yield sign... there's no driver discretion involved. Stop at stop signs and old people won't yell at you, so you won't have to post useless things like this here.
Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts
it doesn't matter if you knew no other cars were in your way, you have to stop at a stop sign.
harashawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 harashawn
Member since 2008 • 27620 Posts
It is illegal and incredibly dangerous to not stop at a stop sign. Anyone who doesn't stop for a sign should have their license taken away.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

Now, If I see multiple cars in the lanes, then I stop at stop signs. If it's just me and some other guy in the opposite lane, then I keep going cause there's no point of stopping. I've done this many many times...and the funny thing is, I've never been caught by the cops. I know what I'm doing. I don't just do things without knowing it.

QuinnIvory

It's still stupid. What if he was turning and didn't have his signal on? What if a pedestrian starts crossing before you get to the intersection thinking you're going to stop? Stop signs are there for a reason, what's so important that you can't take the five seconds to stop for them?

-Tish-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#14 -Tish-
Member since 2007 • 3624 Posts

[QUOTE="kris9031998"]Blog this.....QuinnIvory

No...there's no point. Think about it. I'm a new user. I don't know anyone on this site. Do you think people would come to my page and read my blog? I have no followers. So there's no point in blogging. It's just a waste of time.

That's what I'm saying. You'll get a lot more hits on the forums than in a blog. I don't understand why that's a rule, but this thread will probably get locked.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

You sound like you know the site pretty well.

Detroit222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#16 Detroit222
Member since 2005 • 5371 Posts

Stop because sooner or later because YOU believe that you can get away with it, you'll get caught. Or you'll hit some kid on a bike who feels the way you do and thinks he's invincible. Or the old dude might be a former young dude who's gotten away with it for so long he doesn't even bother to stop and thus, you collide.

Or simply stop because it's the right thing to do.

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
You're supposed to stop at stop signs. That's what they are for.
Ramen1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ramen1020
Member since 2009 • 1031 Posts

I don't know if you're trolling or not, but hell, I would have yelled at you too. Just because you don't think another car is coming doesn't mean there isn't one. I wouldn't be suprised if you get ina few good recks because of this.

-Fromage-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 -Fromage-
Member since 2009 • 10572 Posts
Too bad you werent arrested for it. Then you'd really be crying since stopping at a sign doesnt seem like a big deal to you.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#20 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

you ran the stop sign thats the problem

z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

one day the TS will hit a child with his car and his defense in court will be "he shouldn't have run out in front of my car"

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts

More worthless trivia: there's no such offence as jaywalking in Britain. You cross where and when you consider it safe, at your own risk.

I actually believe a lot of accidents, not just on the road, occur because people switch off their initiative and do stuff by habit. Still, a stop sign is clearly not discretionary. When you're in control of a piece of machinery that can kill another person instantly, you should be thinking worst case scenario all the time.

Avatar image for blackacidevil96
blackacidevil96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blackacidevil96
Member since 2006 • 3855 Posts

first off....blog it.

second. they guy was mad because you blew a stop sign.

it does matter. have you ever seen someone get T-boned because they blew a stop sign assuming it was all clear? clearly you have not. I have. and its not pretty. they are there for a reason.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
blog it
Agent-Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Agent-Zero
Member since 2009 • 6198 Posts
You didn't follow the law. People like you are the reason innocent people get hurt everyday. Oh look it's 2:30 am there's nobody out here I can run the light then bam! hit's a pedestrian.
BMD004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BMD004
Member since 2010 • 5883 Posts

I'm glad he yelled at you. The old man was right. You don't just blow through a stop sign like an idiot. In fact, I'm gonna yell at you, too.

STOP WHEN YOU GET TO A STOP SIGN YOU INCONSIDERATE BLEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nude_Dude
Member since 2007 • 5530 Posts

Well, people might start to get interested in your blog posts if you're a nice user. Judging from this thread though...not so much eh?

eyebrowless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#28 eyebrowless
Member since 2006 • 1344 Posts
i stop when it's 2am on back roads near my house and there isnt a car within 5 miles of me. Because if I break the habit of stopping, then i'm more likely of doing it elsewhere and will eventually get caught or get in an accident
jak275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jak275
Member since 2007 • 431 Posts
Don't have my licence yet and even I know this.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
This is the right answer. TC, you do realize you're complaining that someone yelled at you for doing something that can endanger other drivers. I have to stop here or I'm going to get modded.
tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts
This. You sound like a prize idiot for driving dangerously. The old man had every right to yell at you
Swanogt19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 Swanogt19
Member since 2008 • 24159 Posts
Exactly. I think TC needs to practice this.
MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MagnumPI
Member since 2002 • 9617 Posts

An old man with a chip on his shoulder. That's unusual. Just troll him, report him for nothingand laugh at himwhen the presumptuoussystem harasses him. That's what all the teenagers do.If there was astop signinyour lane, it wasintended for you, not whoever feels like acknowledging it. If there wasn't then who cares what some confused old man says? He's just mad because he's old. And he probably can't remember his ownname either.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

-He yelled at me for not stopping at a stop sign. There was a stop sign in front of me and in front of the old man. It wasn't a 4 way intersection or anything. It was just a 3 way place. With the other lane going the opposite direction of me obviously. And another one to my right. The guy stopped, I just kept going cause I knew there weren't any other cars in my way. And then the old dude rolled down the windows and yelled at me. I was gonna flip him off but I decided to be nice instead and just drove off cussing at him in my head.

-Seriously...what's his problem? If he was in danger of getting hit by me, then he has every right to yell at me. But he was in no danger at all. It was just me and him in the lanes. Maybe he's just obsessed with safe driving. Screw him. Next time I see him, I'll get out of my car and flip him off. Or maybe I should just yell back telling him to stop driving like a turtle lol.

QuinnIvory

the problem is you will get away with this and nothing will happen 999 times out of a thousand but that thousandth time could be fatal to someone.

sure the odds are low but the consequences for that one time are too much to risk.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
The only problem I see is you being a dumbass. Its the freaking law. STOP means STOP. I know of too many people who have done what you've done and ended up killing/hurting themselves and or others. Grow up dude and just stop. Whats so important that your willing to risk someones life to save 10 seconds of your time by not stopping.
MagnumPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MagnumPI
Member since 2002 • 9617 Posts

The only problem I see is you being a dumbass. Its the freaking law. STOP means STOP. I know of too many people who have done what you've done and ended up killing/hurting themselves and or others. Grow up dude and just stop. Whats so important that your willing to risk someones life to save 10 seconds of your time by not stopping. gmaster456

High Blood preasure? Plus when you drive a jalopy you gotta stay in motion otherwise the tale pipe or bumper will fall off.

QuinnIvory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 QuinnIvory

Lol, Yeah yeah. I admit it was my fault then. It's just that whenever I'm driving, I get extremely angry very easily. I don't know why. I was driving and some dude was hitch hiking. I was the only car there. He looked at me and I got pissed LOL! Seriously...everything makes me angry when I'm driving. Like if my friend is arguing with me in the car, I get pissed and drive super fast and swerve left and right to make him stfu LOL. But when I'm NOT driving, I'm super nice. Weird how that works, eh?

RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RAGINGxPONY
Member since 2009 • 1452 Posts

Did you at least slow down? I know if there are no cars coming at all, I'll slow down and roll through, but not full on stop. If at the very least, you didn't do that, then he had every right to yell.dreDREb13

Yeah this is what i do when its late at night or whenever just do a rolling stop no big deal in that, some **** cops might fine you if they see you doing it but i've been doing it for a long time and never had any issues.

Now if you just blew the stop sign without even slowing down than that guy had every right to yell at you.

Anyways why did you even make this thread, someone yelled at you, big deal.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts

Lol, Yeah yeah. I admit it was my fault then. It's just that whenever I'm driving, I get extremely angry very easily. I don't know why. I was driving and some dude was hitch hiking. I was the only car there. He looked at me and I got pissed LOL! Seriously...everything makes me angry when I'm driving. Like if my friend is arguing with me in the car, I get pissed and drive super fast and swerve left and right to make him stfu LOL. But when I'm NOT driving, I'm super nice. Weird how that works, eh?

QuinnIvory
Now I'm starting to wonder if your trolling.... If you not. Stay the hell off the roads.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
You are to stop regardless if there's any traffic or not when you come to a stop sign.
Ramen1020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ramen1020
Member since 2009 • 1031 Posts

QuinnIvory

Yea... you need to move to somewhere where you can use public transportation, that way you won't be able to kill anyone.

yachtboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 yachtboy
Member since 2003 • 1612 Posts
If you slowed down and pretty much stopped that isn't so much a problem but "you kept on going"... I would have yelled at you to man.... you can't ALWAYS see what is out there... what if I was going and you blasted me because you wanted to save 5 secs for not stopping? The old man was right...
chathuranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 chathuranga
Member since 2003 • 3549 Posts
Ugh... I can't stand idiotic drivers that think they know everything. A stop sign is there for you to stop at all times. The sign does not say "STOP at your discretion".
pianist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 pianist
Member since 2003 • 18900 Posts

I think TC has been sufficiently (and correctly) chastised for a poor driving decision. Please stop at all stop signs to avoid possibly doing something you would regret for the rest of your life.