So what did you guys think of season 6 Dexter SPOILERS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Revisited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Revisited
Member since 2011 • 292 Posts
Someone recently posted a lot of legitimate questions about this season that shows a lot of stupidity on the writers part. I however liked two things: I liked that this time they didn't chicken out with Debra finding out about Dexter. I don't even care about the cliffhanger ending that's making others froth at the mouth, I guess I'm not as curious to see what happens next, I wonder why. I liked Harrison, I think for a blond white male, he made a cute kid, even if he looked a little creepy at times, which was what the directors were going for with him. But I wonder what's up with weird intern video game guy. Just can't understand what his big deal is. Lastly: "is that my shirt??" looool that part killed me.
Baconbits2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Baconbits2004
Member since 2009 • 12602 Posts

It started out pretty good I thought.

Then got kinda meh.

THEN got down right silly.

But then there was that cliffhanger that makes me want to watch the next season.

thattotally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 thattotally
Member since 2008 • 3842 Posts

I personally just have to ask why so many people are going insane over the ending and feeling too impatient to wait for the next season. I didn't feel a lot of suspense at all. It wasn't even spoiled for me, but I guess after season 5 the very series itself just sort of lost its luster and intriguing aspects that previously held my attention.

Sajo7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Sajo7
Member since 2005 • 14049 Posts
Besides the glory of Edwards James Olmos it was a pretty bland season. I'm happy about the ending but it should have happened LAST season.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
the ending almost saved that horrible season. season started out good but when they did their big reveal on the most obvious twist ever(that geller was dead) it ruined the season. such a cop out. season would have been better if they made you think he was fake but actually real
awesomeface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 awesomeface
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts
Worst season by far, except for the ending. It just didn't feel like Dexter. Looking forward to next season though. Hopefully they don't screw it up.
david_critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 david_critic
Member since 2004 • 3305 Posts
Dexter is my favorite show of all time, has been since it first came on years ago. This season has shown me that it is no longer viable as long as these writers are still on it (with the very notable exception of Wendy West, who is awesome). I never thought I'd say that Dexter needs to end, but it's better it ends now while some dignity is still there. It reached it's apex with season 4 (which to me, is almost perfect in every way), and cant get back to that level. Michael C. Hall is still amazing, but the writing has become insanely bad (I lost all faith this season when he let Travis go in the car, completely out of character). It's a shame.
WTA2k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#8 WTA2k5
Member since 2005 • 3999 Posts

I thought it was terrible. I was about to give up watching until that plot twist in the last 10 seconds of the season. Now I feel compelled to watch more just to see how it'll all play out (though they'll probably just write around it like when Rita died). Damn you, writers!

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
Lots of gripes with the season; for me, probably foremost is that they acted like it was going to be in some way about faith, but other than having religious characters monologue about it, they did NOTHING to service it as a theme. Honestly, the writing was random and juvenile in a way that almost made it seem like fan fiction. Why was the first ("hot") intern even there? Could anyone care less about Quinn spiraling into balh blah blah or LaGuerta being alternately supportive or a total **** based on the needs of the plot?