This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Jebus213 (10013 posts) -

Where do you people buy your sneakers? 

I walked into Foot Locker today and all they had was bright colored garbage. I could barely tell the difference between the mens, womens, and kids shoes there was so much bright color.... There was so much neon it made my eyes hurt.

It's been about a year and a half since I bought a new pair of sneakers. After about 5 stores I was actually able to find a pair that I liked.

#2 Posted by comp_atkins (34688 posts) -

I walked into Foot Locker today and all they had was bright colored garbage. I could barely tell the difference between the mens, womens, and kids shoes.... There was so much neon it made my eyes hurt.

It's been about a year and a half since I bought a new pair of sneakers.

Jebus213
that seems to be the trend these days.. you have to make sure everyone can see your feet from the moon.
#3 Posted by outworld222 (2876 posts) -

Macy's. Good quality shoes!

#4 Posted by TwistedShade (3139 posts) -

I just bought 2 pairs off Amazon. Went off of my current shoe size, but if they don't fit you can just return them.

#5 Posted by MonoSilver (1392 posts) -
I don't buy sneakers (or trainers as they're called here) any more as I feel like I'm too old for them.
#6 Posted by Swanogt19 (24159 posts) -
New Balance.
#7 Posted by Silverbond (16130 posts) -

What'd you end up buying OP?

#8 Posted by drokmore (1863 posts) -
Mizuno, got a pair that's no too flashy, but they surely have some rather bright options these days. Got them off amazon, so much cheaper.
#9 Posted by Jebus213 (10013 posts) -

What'd you end up buying OP?

Silverbond

Just a pair of black and white shoes.

Most of the other colors were too bright for me.

#10 Posted by jimkabrhel (15625 posts) -

Department stores that are having sales. I don't feel like investing a lot of money into shoes that I'm not going to wear all that much. I found a pair of Sketchers recently that are very comfortable (I've always been a New Balance or Addidas person).

#11 Posted by Jebus213 (10013 posts) -

I only wear Nike, I don't wear any other brand.

#12 Posted by PonchoTaco (3185 posts) -
Kohl's. I usually buy a pair of sneakers once a year. I also buy a pair of casual dress shoes for work once a year.
#13 Posted by JP_ (12875 posts) -
Kohl's I usually Either Upgrade to a new pair or just Replace my currents
#14 Posted by HyperWarlock (3295 posts) -

I bought these on saturday.

d

#15 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10644 posts) -

I walked into Foot Locker today and all they had was bright colored garbage. I could barely tell the difference between the mens, womens, and kids shoes there was so much bright color.... There was so much neon it made my eyes hurt.

It's been about a year and a half since I bought a new pair of sneakers. After about 5 stores I was actually able to find a pair that I liked.

Jebus213
I stopped going to FootLocker too, its all stupid shit they have now. And i tottally agree with you about not telling the difference between the Mens and womens. I just go to Rackroom Shoes for casual or semi elegant shoes. I dont were Nike's or sportsy sneakers anymore. I dont do shit so why do i need running or basketball shoes?
#16 Posted by Jebus213 (10013 posts) -

why do i need running or basketball shoes?Nengo_Flow

cuz they look good :P

#17 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

Jebus213

I work in a sporting goods store and I hear the same thing ALL THE TIME. I get regular complains from customers about how it's hard to find non-neon athletic shoes anymore.

#18 Posted by Jebus213 (10013 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]

Pirate700

I work in a sporting goods store and I hear the same thing ALL THE TIME. I get regular complains from customers about how it's hard to find non-neon athletic shoes anymore.

How long has it been like this? I don't remember shoes being like this just over a year ago...

I asked the lady at the counter and she said "You can blame lil wayne fo dat!".

#19 Posted by Pirate700 (46465 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]

Jebus213

How long has it been like this? I don't remember shoes being like this just over a year ago...

I asked the lady at the counter and she said "You can blame lil wayne fo dat!".

The trend seems to have really taken over the last year or so. I also have to explain to customers how running shoes are changing in their design as they go more and more towards the minimalist design, and less like the old clunky look of the last 20 years.

#20 Posted by DevilMightCry (3554 posts) -
I tend to like Sketchers. They're comfy and nice to look at.
Avatar image for MakeMeaSammitch
#21 Posted by MakeMeaSammitch (4889 posts) -

Smaller specialty stores.

Only places I can get nice looking shoes in my size.

#22 Posted by dodgerblue13 (20846 posts) -
Well, I buy Chuck Taylors from eBay. Then I don't need shoes for years. For basketball sneakers, Eastbay.com.
#23 Posted by XilePrincess (13130 posts) -
I like bright runners but I'm a girl. Don't go high(in terms of price and fanciness of store), go low. Walmart, Target, etc. They always carry really plain shoes.
Avatar image for GamingVengeance
#24 Posted by GamingVengeance (1874 posts) -
i always wear jordans
Avatar image for AbstractRadical
#25 Posted by AbstractRadical (632 posts) -
Journeys
#26 Posted by Cube_of_MooN (9286 posts) -
I usually get my shoes at some random shoe store or a larger place like Sear's, but the last time I went more than 50% of the shoes just about everywhere were wide width. So I ended up going to a slightly more expensive local place that sells New Balance shoes and got some there.
#27 Posted by megam (457 posts) -
I was wandering around the mall, and decided it had been a bit too long since I bought new shoes and decided to step into Footlocker. Nike shoes lined the walls, and it didn't look hopeful, but I knew what I wanted and decided to ask if they had the New Balance shoes that were made in the USA, which have been the best shoes I have ever purchased and I wanted a new set just like my old pair. The gentelman told me they didn't, but that they could order them for me. I let out a sigh of exasperation, and told the man no thanks and wandered out of the store. I was visiting this city for only a couple days, and if I were so pressed, I could just order them online myself.

I wandered down the mall and found another shoe store. Adidas, Reebok, and Nike shoes lined the wall, and my heart was rapidly sinking. Again, I asked the young lady if they had the shoes my feet so adored. Once more I was told they could order them for me. Slightly annoyed, I asked if there was a store in the mall that did sell these shoes, and she said,"Yes, I think City Gear sells the shoes you want." Surprised she answered my question, I thanked her for her time, and rushed to this newfangled City Gear store. Instantly, I knew I didn't belong in this store. It was far too hippity-hoppity for someone like me, but they had the shoes I craved. As an added bonus, the shoes were on sale for half the price I was expecting to pay. I laced my new shoes up, threw my old ones away, and strutted to the theater to catch an early screening of whatever movie was about to start.
#28 Posted by The_Lipscomb (2603 posts) -
I was wandering around the mall, and decided it had been a bit too long since I bought new shoes and decided to step into Footlocker. Nike shoes lined the walls, and it didn't look hopeful, but I knew what I wanted and decided to ask if they had the New Balance shoes that were made in the USA, which have been the best shoes I have ever purchased and I wanted a new set just like my old pair. The gentelman told me they didn't, but that they could order them for me. I let out a sigh of exasperation, and told the man no thanks and wandered out of the store. I was visiting this city for only a couple days, and if I were so pressed, I could just order them online myself.

I wandered down the mall and found another shoe store. Adidas, Reebok, and Nike shoes lined the wall, and my heart was rapidly sinking. Again, I asked the young lady if they had the shoes my feet so adored. Once more I was told they could order them for me. Slightly annoyed, I asked if there was a store in the mall that did sell these shoes, and she said,"Yes, I think City Gear sells the shoes you want." Surprised she answered my question, I thanked her for her time, and rushed to this newfangled City Gear store. Instantly, I knew I didn't belong in this store. It was far too hippity-hoppity for someone like me, but they had the shoes I craved. As an added bonus, the shoes were on sale for half the price I was expecting to pay. I laced my new shoes up, threw my old ones away, and strutted to the theater to catch an early screening of whatever movie was about to start. megam
ok